Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed this message on every platform I installed BB.

Initially I thought, that the platform lost the connection,

but then I found that only happens when I have installed this EA

2010.05.21 21:49:03 Old tick CHFJPY15 78.29000/78.31100

2010.05.21 21:49:03 Old tick CADJPY5 84.76600/84.78800

2010.05.21 21:49:03 Old tick CADJPY15 84.76600/84.78800

2010.05.21 21:40:40 Old tick EURCHF60 1.44382/1.44403

2010.05.21 21:40:40 Old tick EURCHF5 1.44382/1.44403

Any ideas?

puzzlebird,

You're correct that the EA developer created the set file with parameter tf=240 (this is the timeframe in minutes which means that indicators run from the 4H charts), however I've been running with tf=60 (indicators come from the 1H charts - which is what version 6.60 used). I'm going to keep running with tf=60, so it will be an interesting comparison if someone else is running with tf=240.

scorpion,

Old tick errors generally mean that the broker's server is too slow and when Basketbull tries to create an order it ends up using out of date tick data, because the server hasn't pushed through the latest ticks quickly enough on the price feed.

If your broker has different demo servers, you could try logging onto a different one to see if that is any quicker.

Alternatively, it could be that your MT4 is overloaded - do you have lots of charts up, all on autoscroll with chart shift too ? If so, remove all charts apart from the one BasketBull is running on as that may make a difference.

As a one-off solution, if MT4 is the bottleneck then restarting it may help.

Hi Guys,

My final results for the week were up 19.99% on a total pip count of 1,883 !

Friday's trades were the worst of the week, so I've now set the friday parameter option to false. Friday is typically a bad day for manual trading and more so for automatic trading, so it's best to let BasketBull have a rest on Fridays.

Hi Norman,

Nope, I just let the EA do it's own thing.

I was tempted to manually intervene on occasion, for example when I was seeing large profits coming from the EUR side in the basket and seeing on the charts that EUR had a strong chance of turning I could have closed the basket and taken profits at a better level than the EA did.

However, I noticed in testing before this week's "hands-off" test that sometimes when you take profits like that the EA can place all the trades again in the same direction. If you manually close at the optimum point for profit and then the EA places all the same trades again then they're likely to go into a loss quickly and given that you have to pay all the spreads again, it could well be best just to leave the EA to exit trades on trailing stops even though you may give back a bit of profit.

satoru4944,

I've not heard of those EA's. This EA is based on the original T101 manual basket trading system which is quite complex. There's a huge thread explaining how it works on FF. In a nutshell the pairs in a "basket" are hedged to a degree to minimise drawdown and the triggers for trades come from pairs shifting positions in a sorted list of winning to losing pairs within the basket. This EA is quite sophisticated though and uses extra indicators as confirmation of trades rather than just looking at pairs shifting in the list, also the EA provides for comprehensive trailing stops.

Hi Guys,

Some observations on today's trading...

I'm still running basketbull totally "hands-off", though if I was running it live today I'd have been tempted to place some trades manually.

Automatically running today, BasketBull has taken a small winner and a couple of small losses and is down around 1.5% on the day. However, it appears to have completely missed the big move down. This may be a good thing, because it probably means that the indicators are more optimised for ranging rather than trending markets and given that markets are supposed to trend only about 20% of the time this helps the EA to remain robust. However, it does mean that when certain big moves happen that the EA is left on the sidelines.

I can't be sure, though I suspect that had I entered a Short basket of trades manually when it was obvious that price is trending down strongly on the majors like EUR/USD that I could have been up 5%+ by now.

The danger with making manual decisions like this is that we may be wrong. What looked like a strong downtrend this morning could have easily turned on a button and zoomed up long stopping out the manually entered basket.

Provided that the EA provides consistent growth then missing big moves is something we can easily learn to live with.

Last night I won 5%

this morning, lost 2%

The strategy seems very promising, but the system needs some recycling

the pc crashes,

Russian Forum, speak soon open a new version

we have to wait a bit and see if correct memory usage

i load template like this, but until now, there is no trade, what is wrong, i use ikofx mt4http://jpegshare.net/95/73/95730a9e841ef642f4427fcaa40e4f99.gif.html

where is the mistake? i use BB ver 7

thanks

http://jpegshare.net/thumbs/95/73/95730a9e841ef642f4427fcaa40e4f99.jpg' alt='95730a9e841ef642f4427fcaa40e4f99.jpg'>

i load template like this, but until now, there is no trade, what is wrong, i use ikofx mt4http://jpegshare.net/95/73/95730a9e841ef642f4427fcaa40e4f99.gif.html

where is the mistake? i use BB ver 7

thanks

no need to upload the template,

EA drops on any graph,

saragosa,

Check your "experts" tab at the bottom of the screen - are there any divide by 0 errors in there? If so, the most likely reason you have no trades is because one of the pairs the EA wants to trade isn't available at your broker. If there are no errors, the EA should be fine - mine hasn't placed any trades for the past few hours.

dinj - the EA is large and quite resource hungry because it's handling multiple pairs at the same time, so it's best to run on its own if possible to minimise the chance of causing an MT4 crash. The EA has the parameter magic which is set to 333 which is used by BasketBull to identify the orders it placed, so provided your other EAs don't have the same magic number, you should be ok to run with other robots.

puzzlebird - you're getting better results in live than me in demo! It's good to hear that the EA is performing ok in live as I'm thinking of running in demo for this week and then trying it out in live.

Hi Norman,

A good point I agree. From what I've seen of the EA it performs well with the basic setup though is prone to the occasional crash. I always monitor my EAs quite closely, though if the EA crashed whilst someone had a basket of trades running and they weren't monitoring it, it's possible that the basket could run up large losses as the automated trailing stop and global stop wouldn't be able to kick in.

Some bugs have been noted in the alpari.ru forum. The main one is that the date/time ranges don't work properly and as scorpion pointed out a new version is due to be released soon which we hope will also address any problems with the EA crashing.

saragosa,

I think the the EA isn't working for you because IkoFx is a 4 digit broker (I didn't think they still existed!).

Change the EA parameter min_lot_mtp to 29 and you should see some trades appearing (this is a tip I noticed in the alpari.ru forum, though I'm not sure exactly what it does).