Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

... unfortunately, not able to sure with the author since I am not able to write Russian.

You may want to write in English, the author either understands the language (most people do) or he can translate into Russian using Google. I do use the Google translation to read those forums anyway.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

My test this week was on a 4H chart nothing changed at all using V_7 trading 8 pairs and no trade friday

Started with a $500 account trading 0.01 lots untouched just let it run acc balance $602.71 a profit of 102.71

The account I used last week I changed to a 15M chart just to see what would happen and although it has lost alittle of the profit it's still in profit but I really dont think 15M is a good idea unless we can work out how to trail a SL per pair. I watched alot of profit go down the drain which I think may have been saved if each pair had a trailing SL . I also tried just using the WPR traing stop as I read it was good for scalping but no real difference

Anyway keep up the good work guys

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the new version - I'll see if I can create an English version tomorrow.

BasketBull 7.0 on 4H has been dead for me this week, so I got distracted with other things.

It's interesting to note that BasketBull 8.0 has a Daily set file (the Russian guy in the Alpari.ru forum who doubled his account in a month was using Daily, so that may have something to do with the change :) )

Hi Guys,

I've translated version 8, though when I attach it to a chart it's not showing anything - probably because of the new logic which waits for a bar (in parm zp_tf) to close before initiating the EA and the fact that the market is closed. I get the same with the non-translated code too.

I need to check the screen before I post it, so it should be ready to post shortly after market open tomorrow.

... I really dont think 15M is a good idea unless we can work out how to trail a SL per pair. I watched alot of profit go down the drain which I think may have been saved if each pair had a trailing SL.

Just a thought... Would using Swiss Army Knife for closing individual pairs help? If so, I can post a version that works with 5 digit brokers.

Then again this might upset the balance of the whole system. Correlation between pairs is stronger on larger TFs than on shorter TFs.

Edited by hitescape

Just a thought... Would using Swiss Army Knife for closing individual pairs help? If so, I can post a version that works with 5 digit brokers.

Then again this might upset the balance of the whole system. Correlation between pairs is stronger on larger TFs than on shorter TFs.

Yea dont think using another EA would be advisable I think it is best to stick to just using basketbull. There maybe a way to trail the SL closer we just have to find it lol lol

After reading the TSD math thread mentioned earlier, I rescind my suggestion of using the Swiss Army Knife to manage trades. I believe that it would only lead to a potentially devastating imbalance in the correlation / hedged pairs. This thing is like squeezing a half inflated balloon. If it shrinks in one area it will surely expand in another. The goal is to keep it out of a zero sum game.

Edited by hitescape
spelling

There is no particular reason why 4H can not be used. It MAY even works better in H4, but no one knows as there's backtest using multipairs, so we are all participating the forward test. It is better some group proceed with 4H, some other proceed with 1D. and compare which is better.

Also the preset comes with new version has "intraday" option on. This option has different means. so would need more time to study the effect.

Edited by puzzlebird
Target: 5%