Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

This weeks test

both started at $500 trading 0.01 lots using set files

English Version

had a loss or two to start with and got down to $445.14 before opening a trade that lasted rest of the week. ending the week at $573.21

I had to close the trades manually as this EA crashed and when I reset it the profit level was alot lower than the other setup so when that closed I closed this setup

Russian

got down to $472.06 then finish at $596.58

Thats now 3 weeks of testing different version and so far all have been profitable dispite the bugs etc so guys are we onto a winner here. I for one hope so

NOTE: The Russian version started when the market opened for the week the English version started about 12 hours later

Cheers

Edited by outcast
additional info

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

outcast,

There should be no difference between the Russian and English versions if you use the same *.set file, broker and start time. I only translated text, no code was changed. The only code changes I've made are in version 8.2 to cater for fxknight's fixes which were agreed by the developer. However, if one version has crashed and the other hasn't at the same time, then that could cause a difference in results. In your case the results are very similar despite the start time difference.

topgun,

The EA always places either 8 buys or 8 sells with the strategy which everyone is using (including the developer). There are two modes of operation for the EA which are determined by the parameter open_right_only. When set to false all 8 pairs are traded in the same direction, when set to true, specific trades will be placed according to the slot positions in the basket.

Edited by soundfx

Ok guys,

This is a test to see if it's just my posts with multiupload links which are being sent to be approved by mods.

Here's v8.2:

http://www.4shared.com/file/Ieca4eSj/BasketBull802English.html

Well, I think that's proved a point :) Norman - is there any way you can flag me as being a safe poster to your spam engine?

Anyway...This archive just contains the translated v8.2 EA (program comments are not translated but everything else is)including Fxknight's fixes.

NOTE!!!! This means for new users that you must install version 8.0 first before attempting to use this version. The Package for version 8 contains all indicators and extra files you need.

There are two *.set files - the original Russian one and a copy of the same with all the text taken out which is the English version - i.e. it won't overwrite the parameter text with garbage. The actual parameters should perform the same function in both *.set files.

Edited by soundfx

@ soundfx

Sorry mate I didn't mean to imply that you changed any of the code. I just meant to advise the different start times and that this week the English version crashed on my system but the Russian didn't. Last week i had the Russian crash and the English didn't

You are doing a great job and I for one very much appreicate it

Hi outcast - no probs, I just wanted to make that clear to everyone before others start asking questions as to why the English version is producing different results to the Russian version etc... ;)

There are a host of reasons why results will be different. I agree though that the EA at the moment despite all the chopping and changing seems to be reasonably profitable as a whole which is a good sign.

If you ran the EA (any version) and just manually took profits when you thought you'd made a reasonable return results would look good from all versions.

I've been running v8.2 for a few hours now and it seems quite stable - I'm also in profit on a buy basket so that's promising from the start :)

NFP day coming up...it's be interesting to see how BasketBull handles that !

fxknight:

yes, just the 8 pairs as per the set file with 8.0.

May I recommend Long: GU, EG, GJ, UCH, NU, AJ, EJ and Short: EU, UJ, AU, NJ, GCH, CHJ, ECH for GoM demo? Seems to perform so much better on D1 than Basket 8. Give it a shot as a separate setup and see how it does for you.

Cheers

Actually, gave that a try and I get the zero divide error. I got that before also when I tried to make it trade 14 pairs as well. Not sure how to get around it, obviously I have all the pairs on Go so not sure how to fix.

Reason this is happening is that you don't have any data for some of the pairs. Make sure you manually open charts for all these 14 pairs and walk through all timeframes to make sure you populate with data. Restart the platform and it should work fine.

Cheers

Wow! These upgrades are coming through thick and fast lol.

Here's v8.3 English version. Again, if you're installing this for the first time, you must download and install all the files for v8.0 because this archive only contains the EA and *set files.

http://www.4shared.com/file/HwWX8gOQ/BasketBull803_Eng.html

Just to inform you guys about how versions 8 or higher are trading. This is a comment posted by the developer on the Alpari forum:

"On the condition of opening a "0" you will see 3-4 transactions per month, is in the best case."

This is on D1 timeframe however don't expect lots of trades on H1 or H4, maybe at the most 1-3 per week. I still recommend v 6.6 or v7.0 which trades frequently.

Cheers

In 6.6 or 7 there are none that I know of. These 2 versions run flawlessly so I feel in many ways the developer has gone backwards instead of forward. In latest 8+ versions few bugs to be corrected especially in 8.3 which the author knows about. If you decide to give 8.3 a shot try other different entry conditions than "0" which may provide better results and more trades.

Cheers

In 6.6 or 7 there are none that I know of. These 2 versions run flawlessly so I feel in many ways the developer has gone backwards instead of forward. In latest 8+ versions few bugs to be corrected especially in 8.3 which the author knows about. If you decide to give 8.3 a shot try other different entry conditions than "0" which may provide better results and more trades.

Cheers

Having now read through these 35 pages, I think I will start running V7 exclusively (FXCM MT4 platform) and see what happens.

Without being disrespectful, if everyone jumps to testing the latest version, we may never know how a stable version performs over time.

Likewise, we still need every new version to be examined.

I have the same philosophy as my Medical Practitioner; he welcomes new drugs, but wants to see that they are safe before he prescribes them to his own patients.

When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost

hey all,

here is my first basket from version 8.2:

http://www.mt4i.com/users/cashcow

from 10k account with 0.02 lot size i am in 3.6% profit 1740 pips,right now profit locked on 302$ which is 3%,

set file from post 329 time frame 1H,

i would like to thank soundfx for his hard work,

what i really like about this EA that: non of the brokers can't fight against this EA.

best to all

ramliam

Having now read through these 35 pages, I think I will start running V7 exclusively (FXCM MT4 platform) and see what happens.

Without being disrespectful, if everyone jumps to testing the latest version, we may never know how a stable version performs over time.

Likewise, we still need every new version to be examined.

I have the same philosophy as my Medical Practitioner; he welcomes new drugs, but wants to see that they are safe before he prescribes them to his own patients.

I like your analogy. Best is to stick to time tested and reliable stuff. We need new people to test the newest versions so maybe the group can compromise between earlier versions and latest 8.3. I can predict with certainty from looking at the code: you will not be happy with 8.3.. too few trades and trades are not profitable. Still if the market changes to rangebound instead of the EURUSD falling off the cliff.. 8.3 may do really well ;)

Cheers

Even his russian buddies on the Alpari forum are complaining about the latest versions. One day he likes Trend following trades, then he has a dream, wakes up and decides that countertrend signals are best (version 8.3) and a lot less signals than a fair share. This guy is more confused than a dinosaur in Antarctica so lets give him some slack ;)

Cheers