Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scorpion,

I've not used 14 pairs on v7, it's probably best to use 8 pairs as it was set up for 8 pairs in the author's set files.

taipan,

I've just noticed that my FxPro demo has crashed too, though I neglected to make a proper note of the error. It's been running ok since the start of the week so has only crashed once. Next time it happens I'll check in more detail and see if I can work out what's causing it.

Cruzsurfn,

You only need to put the EA on one chart and it doesn't need to be one of the currencies in the basket. I just attach the EA to a GBPUSD 1H chart.

I've found,

Set only need the first parameter "basket" = 14

the moment the result is fantastic at this time floating profit $ 2000

with 0.10 lots.

Also I have the same problem every two days, the platform stops, and my PC is very powerful, with 12G memory

Thanks SoundFx for introducing this EA, i have only been trying this EA for about a week & it is already earning quite a bit.. my account is 20% up.. but too bad it is on demo. Has anyone tried this EA on a Live account! I think the uncertain market now is making the EA do wonders. I think this EA need a large account, i tried it on a 5K account but no open trades, soundfx, how do u ammend the EA to accept a micro account setting. THis EA also picky on brokers, not all broker MT4 platform work on it.. Forex.com, FXprimus.. all don't work, there is a divide error.

Hi vicqua,

I'm running FxPro demo here which is currently up 23.21% this week, so I agree the EA is doing very nicely:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/soundfx/basketbull/32390

I want to run it on demo some time longer before trying in live as I need to see how it reacts to different markets.

I've not used mini accounts before, though I think someone mentioned earlier that the EA automatically adjusted the lots for mini accounts. If not, then you need to set the EA parameter "Maximum_Risk" to 0 which will mean that the EA will pick up on the fixed lot size from the "Lot" parameter.

The EA is picky on brokers because those brokers which cause the divide error don't offer all the currency pairs which it wants to trade. You can always replace the pairs that the broker doesn't offer with other similar pairs in the EA parameters. However this replacement needs to be with a closely correlated pair otherwise you'll upset the balance of the basket.

Edited by soundfx
changed link

Hi Noone,

No, that's not correct.

Something went wrong when I loaded my stats into fxbook for the first time because I wasn't showing all history and it seems to have calculated my initial balance of $10,000 twice.

This has made the drawdown look terrible and the balance chart too.

Let me see if I can create another with the same stats. and correct it.

Hi Guys,

Please note that bacause of the incorrect starting balance which Noone pointed out, I've set up the myfxbook stats again.

Please use this link as the other no longer exists (I've changed previous posts to reflect the new link):

Edited by soundfx

My trading week Demo started trading Monday morning and just left it alone until I turned it off this morning

Started with $1000 trading 0.01 lots with a 30% total risk using V_7 trading the 8 pairs

Not trading today been Friday so I finished this week with a balance of $1098.64 a gain of $98.64

Edited by outcast

just wonder if somone can do a simple test like to test run it on a real account (micro or mini) for a few minutes, i find that if i run it demo it runs okay but once i switch to real account, i get the divide error.. wonder it is the work of the broker limiting the functionality of the EA.

Hi Guys,

Please note that bacause of the incorrect starting balance which Noone pointed out, I've set up the myfxbook stats again.

Please use this link as the other no longer exists (I've changed previous posts to reflect the new link):

My trading week Demo started trading Monday morning and just left it alone until I turned it off this morning

Started with $1000 trading 0.01 lots with a 30% total risk using V_7 trading the 8 pairs

Not trading today been Friday so I finished this week with a balance of $1098.64 a gain of $98.64

Which set files are you gentlemen using?

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

just wonder if somone can do a simple test like to test run it on a real account (micro or mini) for a few minutes, i find that if i run it demo it runs okay but once i switch to real account, i get the divide error.. wonder it is the work of the broker limiting the functionality of the EA.

Check that you live account has all the pairs available right click market watch click show all. I had this problem trading 14 pairs on my demo as my broker did not support CADJPY. But the 8 pairs should work ok

outcast, are u trying it out on a live account, i am using the same settings for the demo as for the live so i do not think it is the currency pairs problem, i am only using 8 pairs

I am not running on a live account but I did set up V_7 on my live account by accident the 14 pairs worked. When I saw I was in my live account I quickly opened a demo and then it didn't work I got the divide error due to the fact I was missing a pair on the demo server.

I just quickly tried it on my live account and it appeared to work no problem no errors listed

Edited by outcast

vicqua,

The only thing that causes the divide error that I know of is that the pairs you want to trade are not available to trade. In your live account can you check that all 8 pairs which are trading ok in demo exist for trading in your live account. Go into View -> Market Watch, right click and choose "select all" to see all pairs your broker caters for. If you still have problems, then I'll run the EA live and see what happens, though I know my brokers provide a wide range of pairs so I don't expect to see the divide error.

Norman,

I'm just using the standard files which I posted earlier for version 7.0. When I installed in FxPro demo I imported the bb_700_h4_8_set preset file and then applied my template to the chart. I installed the system on a laptop I use for testing at the start of the week and haven't touched it apart from adding the EA to record the stats for myfxbook and restarting MT4 once when I noticed it had crashed.

General note for Friday trading:

I'm letting the EA run today, though if performance is poor, I may be setting the parameter "friday" to false in future to prevent trading on Fridays. That parameter is obviously there for good reason.

Edited by soundfx

Thanks Soundcast, i have double checked the broker pairs, they are all available.. just for curiousity, if the live account is empty, does it also have the divide error? I agree on the friday off mode, with current market conditions, weekends are just unpredictable. Outcast, does Australia go markets allow Singapore to open accounts there?