Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps it has not had the signal to make a trade.

be aware though, this EA has only been tested in the recent very trending market. its performance over the past 10 days might be a fluke. i certainly am not even considering going live with it atm.

in addition the EA is still in beta stage with coding issues. a new russian release is expected soon.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Agree with Norman. It is still early to move it to live unless you have at least 10K in the account for 0.1 lots. My live account has 5K running 0.1 lots, but it and dropped 10% in last two days. The main reason observed is due to 5% stop trigger frequent cut-loss for a 5K account. I have moved live account to 1K with 0.01 lots setup. it is more safe.
Target: 5%

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Hi Guys,

Since I changed the EA to 4H it's been like watching paint dry.

At least the EA isn't losing as much as it was on Monday with the 1H lol.

Is anyone else running 4H - if so, did you adjust any other parameters?

It's probably slightly reckless, though I've been wondering what would happen if we ran the EA with tf=5 or tf=15 as a "basket scalper" - has anyone tried this ?

I am running the 4h, and I used the set file supplied, it is up 8 percent on a 10,000. account in just a couple days, I also ran another on the daily chart but the account was much smaller and it is not doing well at all, I wish I understood the trailing stop better because I have watched it have large gains disappear at times

Cruzsurfn,

Thanks for the vote of confidence in the 4H - good results!

I too have seen good gains disappear several times when I was running on 1H.

Here's how I think the parameters work if you want to cash in profitable baskets at a particular level:

If you want to take profits whenever a basket reaches $300, then make the following settings:

start_trail_val=300

trail_val=0

If you want to take profits whenever a basket reaches 3% of current account balance then make the following settings:

start_trail=3

trail=0

Hi guys,

I set up a new demo account with GoMarkets before the markets opened this and let it run with soundfx's settings.

I was trying to see if the EA could work with a small account and started with just $100 and 1:100 leverage. Not nearly enough to run the EA. I kept getting errors of "not enough money to open trade" on some of the "exotic pairs" like AUDJPY and NZDJPY. The account got drained pretty quickly.

I set up another account this time with $200 and 1:500. Only one trade so far and lots of Old Tick errors (trying to sort this out).

soundfx's got a point and we should be testing different strategies. I'm going to set up a new account tomorrow and test a different time frame.

What would you recommend as the minimum amount needed to run this EA successfully? I'm trying to find the bare minimum as I would like to eventually test this live without risking/investing a lot of money.

b.

Hi beorn,

I have had this ea open on a GoMarkets demo now for over a week and it has not taken a single trade. Can you please post your set file, so that I can give it a try.

Many thanks!

Hey Soundfx,

I ran this marvellous thing for a few days now on an Alpari UK Demo, with your 8 pairs settings. Stop 10% and trail is 2%/1%. After having losses or wipedout gains on 1h chart, I switched to 4h on Tuesday. Win is 1500 euro, from 8500 to 10k, currently some trades pending -50 euro.

If this is what it is going to be in future ... more than 20% with 0.1 lots ... I'd be kissing someones b*tt ;-) I will keep a very eye on this for some weeks and want to see it in normalized market conditions, but if it already does THAT well under current circumstances ... we can start dreaming ... ;-)

cu, xxl205

Hi xxl205,

That's great news indeed!

Please can you post your *.set file as I'd like to try those settings on my FxPro account as that seems to be doing nothing at the moment. I'm sure others will be asking you for it soon anyway lol.

I agree that we need more testing in ranging market conditions where it will be harder for BasketBull to determine the trend and hence it may come unstuck.

Sure, here you go :

I let everything pretty much standard, 10% drawdown, machine TSL etc. Only thing I changed is normal TSL from 3%/1% to 2%/1% to cash out profit a bit more safer. And it runs and runs and runs. Had 5 "sessions" today, all winners. After this week I will set up a new demo account with all my EA's that I have running to see the performance.

Hey Soundfx,

I ran this marvellous thing for a few days now on an Alpari UK Demo, with your 8 pairs settings. Stop 10% and trail is 2%/1%. After having losses or wipedout gains on 1h chart, I switched to 4h on Tuesday. Win is 1500 euro, from 8500 to 10k, currently some trades pending -50 euro.

If this is what it is going to be in future ... more than 20% with 0.1 lots ... I'd be kissing someones b*tt ;-) I will keep a very eye on this for some weeks and want to see it in normalized market conditions, but if it already does THAT well under current circumstances ... we can start dreaming ... ;-)

cu, xxl205

Not to be on the negative side but lets ask ourselves some questions:

1) Would we decide to run an EA (any EA for that matter) with a 10% SL in the same manner that we are willing to run BB 7.0? And if not why is BB so special?

2) In the same fashion that BB 7.0 has decimated accounts traded on the H1 TF, is it possible that it will decimate account traded on H4 or D1 especially at 10% SL?

3) If I handed all of you an EA that had no backtesting capability and asked you to run it at 10% risk on every trade would you call me crazy?

My opinion on this is that if you cannot resonably run it at 1-2% risk per trade and gain 1-2% then this is a losing proposition in the long run from a money management standpoint. The traded account may survive and make 100% in one week but eventually it will succumb to the laws of statistics.

Cheers

is that one your account? can you share your settings?

Hey Soundfx,

cu, xxl205

nice work. although 0.1 lots sounds very leveraged. i am running at about 0.03 lots on 10k 4hour charts.

i still need to tweak things, as atm i am more observing then counting my cash (my account is at 6,2k started at 10k). i think i have a good idea for settings now, will start to seriously test them next week on a clean account.

I am running the 4h, and I used the set file supplied, it is up 8 percent on a 10,000. account in just a couple days, I also ran another on the daily chart but the account was much smaller and it is not doing well at all, I wish I understood the trailing stop better because I have watched it have large gains disappear at times

Cruzsurfn,

Thanks for the vote of confidence in the 4H - good results!

I too have seen good gains disappear several times when I was running on 1H.

Here's how I think the parameters work if you want to cash in profitable baskets at a particular level:

If you want to take profits whenever a basket reaches $300, then make the following settings:

start_trail_val=300

trail_val=0

If you want to take profits whenever a basket reaches 3% of current account balance then make the following settings:

start_trail=3

trail=0

hi gentlemen,

i think 4h is the timeframe to go for -- it is the timeframe the system was designed for. like cruz i am getting nice entries on 4h, going up nice and well but often getting reversed out at a much much lower profit. i am thinking of running a 2% start profit trail with a 1.5% trail amount.

now we just need a week of calm to see how it goes in a ranging market. although no signs of that any time soon! in ranging markets the trail might need to be bought in to a smaller amount, but i guess we will see.

still keeping an eye out for the new release on the russian forums.

an additional point to note is its use of global variables. so be careful if using this EA with other EAs who use global variables too. they might fight.

Not to be on the negative side but lets ask ourselves some questions:

1) Would we decide to run an EA (any EA for that matter) with a 10% SL in the same manner that we are willing to run BB 7.0? And if not why is BB so special?

2) In the same fashion that BB 7.0 has decimated accounts traded on the H1 TF, is it possible that it will decimate account traded on H4 or D1 especially at 10% SL?

3) If I handed all of you an EA that had no backtesting capability and asked you to run it at 10% risk on every trade would you call me crazy?

My opinion on this is that if you cannot resonably run it at 1-2% risk per trade and gain 1-2% then this is a losing proposition in the long run from a money management standpoint. The traded account may survive and make 100% in one week but eventually it will succumb to the laws of statistics.

Cheers

The man speaks enourmous sense.

i have been watching my account now for a fortnight. ----with 0.03 lot size on 10k i plan next week to test 2% SL + 2%/1.5% trail (with some added manual intervention).

i might even look into adding a take profit. perhaps running two instances of the EA if the global variables can be sorted.

Hi all, nice to see 4H works out for you. I have been running in 4H timeframe with two account (one 50K demo, one 1K live) for two days. The demo account opens a buy on May 25th, and it is still running with some minor loss. The live has not open anything yet.

One thing I am considering is to add some debug message into the EA, so that it shows why it is not opening, let's see if it will workout.

might i suggest holding off working on the EA until the new release has been issued? save doubling up on it.

in addition, please please be careful using it live. i cannot stress that enough. it only has had a couple of weeks of testing, in a trending market and is causing crashes on some people's mt4 platforms.

it is still in beta phase, so if you are to use it, please use minimum lots and keep an eagle eye on it.

Hi beorn,

I have had this ea open on a GoMarkets demo now for over a week and it has not taken a single trade. Can you please post your set file, so that I can give it a try.

Many thanks!

Hi huuu,

I have been following soundfx's instructions and using his set file, although the EA runs fine without a set file and opens trades without a problem. I only had a problem when there wasn't enough money on the account to open trades on some pairs. I have also been having some "Old Tick" errors but I've done all I can and can only blame that to my Internet connection being slow at times or to GoMarkets demo server being sluggish.

Have you checked the Experts or the Journal tabs for any errors?

I'm sorry if that wasn't much help but I haven't had any other problems running the EA at all on GoMarkets.

b.

Hi all,

I had positive results again, and I also thought about setting the SL from 10% down to 3%. I will not trade on Fridays, so tomorrow no results.

Besides I had some losses last night, but all were recovered. Due to being busy at the moment, I will set up a clean demo account starting next Monday and see what it does with a lot more conservative settings.

Have a nice weekend and many green pips ! :)

http://www.mt4i.com/users/1dayset

My 1 day time frame was not working too good at first but has just gone off , I also think adding the stop loss helped a bunch instead of it going in and out of profit, seems like it locked in profit and then would open another round if it closed out... also I started it on a 3000 dollar account

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=473MJ4TX

Edited by Cruzsurfn

I have walked through the code of the EA and understand why on some broker it wont open trades. Basically there are following bugs in current version

1. In some broker the TICKDATA is very weird. For example, in FxSolution, TICKDATA for AUDUSD is 11.xxx, but for EURUSD and GBPUSD is 0.0001

2. The way this EA calculate the PIPS is very strange. it considers minlots and min_lot_mtp in run_statistics_long/short functions, but not the same way as in init function where pip_filters is set.

I have revised it a little to fix the two points above, it is now can open orders in my broker.

As Norman said, let's wait for the new version to be released, and see if such issue fixed. It is still beta, and I have spotted another 2-3 smaller bugs in the code, unfortunately, not able to sure with the author since I am not able to write Russian.