Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends how you set it.

you can close by the SL you set, the trailing stop you set, the computer can create a trail based on indicators, you can select which indicator you want to trail, you can add in SLs manually or you can close it manually.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

i think i prefer 700 to 800. the logic seems to be stripped down in the new version; not sure why that was done.

I absolutely agree. Some of the vital entry conditions as well as exits and trailing conditions were simply taken out. I wonder myself why the developer decided to do this. Maybe it was based on the feedback from the users but following the alpari thread I did not see such findings/recommendations. I think it is safest to stick with stable version 7.

Cheers

on my side here the EA's are quite stable, Soundfx. Your english version has done 3 sessions on H4/M30 this afternoon, and the russian original also did not crash but I quit the trades. I will keep it running for a few weeks now, let's see how the v8 does on H4. No crashes here this far, I will keep reporting. I had those open trade errors, too, but it worked out as the EA retried, I guess.

Cheers for your translating work !

First I want to thank again SoundFX, for this great work,

So far I agree with those who think that version 7 works better than the v8, but no conclusion could be drawn by a single event,

but the v7 version captured the movement this afternoon, resulting in $ 1,000 lots with 0.10

while the V8 has not done anything

It is true that the new version seems to require fewer resources, now works on my VPS, while v7, crashed a few minutes,

Indeed, after an incident with the v8, I've reset the platform, with open positions and worked well, not been necessary to close the positions,

I get old tick data. I use v8 and d1 set file last english version. But i see in logs that "old tick gbpusd5 1,45050/1.45080" "old tick gbpusd1 1.45050/1.45080"........etc....like that...My broker is 4 digit and micro is allowed...I did " min_lot_mtp to ‘29’" where is the wrong ?

First, Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. Great work.

I also am getting Old tick data. I also get a message in bold RED letters " !!!ZONE CLOSED POSITIONS" . I am on FXCM with 5 digits. Used to work OK with Version 7. ANy help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

If you want to see best results stick with what is already time tested. Start with version 6.6 on D1 timeframe and risking 0.50 to 1% to make 1% per trade. H1 and H4 TFs do not work as well as D1 even though you may see days that H4 outperforms D1 but long term D1 outperforms H4. Version 7 is reasonable but not as good as v 6.6. V8.0 is hard to tell.. its logic has been trimmed down from 7.0 so it will take some time to ascertain if it will hold its head up.

Good luck

Hi goldl,

Old tick data can be caused by your brokers server running too slowly or possibly by your MT4 processing too slowly. You shouldn't be seeing old tick data all the time though.

"!!! ZONE CLOSED POSITION !!!" is what the translation comes out as and I've never been happy with it lol - it's just a heading not a status message, though I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to mean. I translated this differently in version 7, that's probably why you've noticed it now.

Underneath that heading you'll see details of running trade baskets. Sometimes trades appear at the bottom half of the screen under that heading and other times at the top. I've just been leaving BaskBull to run, so haven't been following what it does on the screen too much. If anyone has worked out what the header of that column should be or why the running baskets are sometimes at the top of the screen and sometimes at the bottom - please let me know!

The default set file included with v8 seems to have trailing stop disabled? On my screen the only two options I have highlighted (which I assume meaning they are active) is 'breakdown from extreme (359)' and 'disable all trails'. Anyone have any idea what breakdown from extreme means?

I've had a basket open since last night, which went about 125 pips in profit at one point today. Before it got to that open profit level, it only saw -4 pips in DD!.

However, since then, it has dropped way back, and at one point actually went -18 pips dd, and is now back at about 60 pips open profit. So watching it go instantly to 125 pips, just to slowly drain and go negative isn't all that great. I have tried to understand the trailing stop options in v8 but just having a hard time.

I am leaving this basket open just to see if it EVER closes per the ea, hopefully gaining some knowledge of what the 'breakdown from extreme' means.

If anyone fully understands these settings, maybe you could show me the exact inputs in order to set, say, 'when 10% profit is achieved, trail 5%' ?

Thanks, glad to find a thread I can actually follow for this ea :)

Hi crushmy,

From what I understand of the v8.0 parameters, trailing stop is enabled though it's been set very ambitiously, I assume because v8.0 is trading based on Daily indicators and can aim to be a much bigger hitter.

I notice that the v8.0 trail is set to rsi_tral rather than auto_tral (which I believe uses all indicators) and in addition the new trail break_tral is activated.

Parameters start_trail and trail are set to 20 and 10 respectively for v8.0. In your example, I think you need to set these to 10 and 5.

It may be best also to set auto_tral to true to ensure that your trails are activated most of the time.

I've too noticed that the v8.0 trails aren't kicking in anything like those in V7.0 - which can mean that our risk level needs to be set much higher. I suspect that the author has changed the EA to try and reflect as much as possible the trading style used by the guy on the forum who doubled his account in a month with v6.6 trading on the Daily timeframe.

Nobody is an expert on this EA because it's still essentially in development, we all need to try out different parameters and see what the result is like.

The author has mentioned that he doesn't see the EA at the moment as being totally "hands-off" (though that doesn't mean that it can't be). However, if you're watching the markets anyway then just use BasketBull as a tool to get you into trades and manually scoop off profits when you think you've made enough cash ;)

alaki,

Is Tadawul a 4-digit broker?

If so, then try setting parameter min_lot_mtp to 10 or more. We've been setting this to 29 for 4-digit brokers which seems to work fine.

I've used version 7.0 on 3 different 5-digit brokers with standard settings and trades were placed without problem.

thanks for the reply soundfx, once this basket closes on it's own (want to see when it will or if it will) i'll play with those settings to see if i can get it working.

Do you have any idea what 'breakdown from extreme' means? It's highlighted so I assume that is what the bot is looking for to tp?

This looks an interesting system.

I seem to remember that Trendchaser developed an ea which quite accurately followed T101, but said that he was not going to do much more because opening 14 trades at once created a massive DD.

Kang Gun also created a relative strength system, I think that was based on 8 pairs, and it was quite fully developed, but I don't know how similar it is to this system.

When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost

I testing the version 8 but after going through T101 System , it seems version 8 does not follow the T101 system accurately . The Logic for version 8 seems a little different than the T101 rules .

Has anyone tried it on smaller timeframes of M5, M15, M30 , H1 and is successful . if you have then please post the settings.

Hi goldl,

Old tick data can be caused by your brokers server running too slowly or possibly by your MT4 processing too slowly. You shouldn't be seeing old tick data all the time though.

"!!! ZONE CLOSED POSITION !!!" is what the translation comes out as and I've never been happy with it lol - it's just a heading not a status message, though I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to mean. I translated this differently in version 7, that's probably why you've noticed it now.

Underneath that heading you'll see details of running trade baskets. Sometimes trades appear at the bottom half of the screen under that heading and other times at the top. I've just been leaving BaskBull to run, so haven't been following what it does on the screen too much. If anyone has worked out what the header of that column should be or why the running baskets are sometimes at the top of the screen and sometimes at the bottom - please let me know!

Thank you Soundfx. I figured out that my real problem is that the EA crashes. I do not if it is happening to others as well.

Please clarify - there were two files that were included in the Experts/Include folder - Winuser32.mqh and OrderReliable.mqh. Are these to be added to the expers folder?

Thank you.

Hi goldl,

Yes, I've had the v8.0 crashing MT4 too when I first started it up - however it's been running now for a couple of days ok. I also had an intermittent crashing problem with v7.0. You can try setting the parameter timer to false which may prevent crashing if it's happening a lot.

*.mqh files are include files for indcators or EAs and are always placed in the <MT4 directory>/experts/include path.