Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

anzeigenmichel,

As I understand it, "Timer on: 500ms" means that the EA basket/indicators logic is re-calculated every 500ms regardless of the quotes coming in on the price feed. If you turn timer off (by setting parameter timer to false) then the calculations are only refreshed when we get quotes coming in for a pair which is in the basket.

It could be a good thing that you're not getting any trades yet ;) - my last sell basket placed at around 3am GMT closed out at a loss.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi noone,

It's good to hear that at least your baskets are being traded with the trend lol.

Nobody should be running BasketBull in live. Here are some reasons:

1) The EA is still in development, we're effectively running beta (or even alpha) tests. Another, better version may be released tomorrow - who knows?

2) Nobody knows for sure which is the best version or timeframe to run.

3) Earlier versions of the EA on some brokers/machines were prone to crashing - which is very dangerous if BasketBull had opened a basket of trades. If that was a losing basket and the EA crashed and you weren't watching, you could end up taking a big hit because all targets and stops are dynamically allocated by the EA. When the EA has crashed you're running without targets and stops.

anzeigenmichel,

As I understand it, "Timer on: 500ms" means that the EA basket/indicators logic is re-calculated every 500ms regardless of the quotes coming in on the price feed. If you turn timer off (by setting parameter timer to false) then the calculations are only refreshed when we get quotes coming in for a pair which is in the basket.

It could be a good thing that you're not getting any trades yet ;) - my last sell basket placed at around 3am GMT closed out at a loss.

Thank you very much, dear soundfx

best regards

having no luck with this system, tried version 7 and 8 ... no trades .... going back over posts ....

yes, with me also.never Trade!!!!!!!sorry for my english-is translated with Promt Translator.

Alpari, Activtrades, Exness----no Trade.

nothing.

I act to time Live on Brokers with borneoking EA.100% profit Trades, many Trades, on Day.i am traded 7 Days. only profits !!!!!! with low risk.

I will go Live test to activtrades UK.

I acted loss in the past always manually Trades and only loss and Margin Calls on Activtrades live account.

best regards

Edited by anzeigenmichel

I have installed version 8.3 directly into my demo account of MT4 yesturday

but it has been more than 12 hrs and not even a single trade has been opened

But to try this system more agressively, I have installed 6 MT4 on my system, that means, I have six instances of MT4 running simultaneously.

And the only change I have made in the settin is STOP to 5%

and all six instances have different time frame just to compare:

1. H4/D1

2. H1/D1

3. M15/D1

4. H4/H4

5. H1/H4

6. M15/H4

with all these setting, still i havent got not even a single trade.

m i do anything wrong over here.

i m using the same present provided with 8.3, and the changes i have already mentioned

For your reference i m attaching a screen shot of the terminal, for u to sight if theres any setting mistake that i have made.

http://www.multiupload.com/PK7J45KU12

kindly help

Edited by niche trader

Hi Guys,

I've been running BB 8.2 since the start of June and the earlier versions (6.6 and 7) since mid. May.

Today and yesterday BB made some atrocious trades considering that it's supposed to be a trend follower and I'm now back to where I was a month ago.

Despite the initial promise and the novelty of the system, I've not seen anything special here.

ok ....

now i have been running 8.3 for quite some time and with different combinations and it not made a single trade on 7 of the instances i have been running on ....

now for me ... 8.3 is a complete thumbs down ... when it is expected to make only 2-5 trades a month ..... theres high probability that we might end up loosing time and money coz,It requires high probability of everything going your way. The things that might not favour you are:

1. Internet connection needs to be prompt at all times 24x7 , any drop might lead this EA to recalculate everything
  2. Broker slippages
  3. Computer might get hang and when you restart, EA recalculates from begining, that mean all the time spent goes in vain

for me it requires great deal of patience, luck and probability to get a account in profit (justified), after spending a month on it.

what you feel

ok ....

now i have been running 8.3 for quite some time and with different combinations and it not made a single trade on 7 of the instances i have been running on ....

now for me ... 8.3 is a complete thumbs down ... when it is expected to make only 2-5 trades a month ..... theres high probability that we might end up loosing time and money coz,It requires high probability of everything going your way. The things that might not favour you are:

1. Internet connection needs to be prompt at all times 24x7 , any drop might lead this EA to recalculate everything
  2. Broker slippages
  3. Computer might get hang and when you restart, EA recalculates from begining, that mean all the time spent goes in vain

for me it requires great deal of patience, luck and probability to get a account in profit (justified), after spending a month on it.

what you feel

You are right.. and you can spend another 6 months with v 8.3 with no orders! This is how it is coded to be very diligent and selective with its entries. This statement of course refers to "conditions" = 0. In order to make version 8.3 trade often I recommend the following.

1. Decrease the value for the "pips_filter" setting to 50.0.

2. Change the value of the parameter "conditions" to 1 through 5. The higher the number the more trades you will get.

3. Make sure the selection under "Basket" is equal or smaller than 10. The less pairs in the basket the more trades.

4. Change your time periods to lower timeframes. The main setting is "tf" which you can change from D1, H4 to H1, M30, M15. Also you will need to change "zp_tf" to a timeframe smaller than "tf". For example if you make "tf" = 30 make "zp_tf" = 5

5. Lastly but most importantly adjust your DTO indicator parameters to make it react faster. Look for these settings "rsi_per, K, D, S". Change the settings to 13, 5, 2, 5 in exact order.

Save your preset file and restart your platform with the new settings. Now, you will get tons and tons of trades ;)

Cheers

I don't understand well this EA but I know that I'm running 8.2 since a couple of weeks with default settings and I had some trades, initially when trades are opened went to negative but then after some time they made profits and I closed manually them. i don't know if I was lucky but now it's just I think 3 or 4 times that this ea opened trades and finally all in profits.

Alpari demo accounts, start date 05.31.2010 - end date 06.15.2010:

Total Trades: 40

Total Pips: 1306.0

Total Profit: €112.05 (0.01 fixed lots for each pair)

go to live .... ??? ;-)

I don't understand well this EA but I know that I'm running 8.2 since a couple of weeks with default settings and I had some trades, initially when trades are opened went to negative but then after some time they made profits and I closed manually them. i don't know if I was lucky but now it's just I think 3 or 4 times that this ea opened trades and finally all in profits.

Alpari demo accounts, start date 05.31.2010 - end date 06.15.2010:

Total Trades: 40

Total Pips: 1306.0

Total Profit: €112.05 (0.01 fixed lots for each pair)

go to live .... ??? ;-)

Please don't. You need to test it at least 3 months in a mode you are comfortable before you think about turning it live. Unless you can do micro lots, but even then this EA has potential to create lots of damage when the market goes against it.

Good luck!

I have another observation with 8.3

it has exposure in jpy in 4 currencies, that is : Eur, Nz, Gb, Au

this can really give exponential result, i mean to say both ways, -ve and + ve as well

it needs to be more diversified and it needs to have eur/gbp also in to the basket

i feel the basket needs to be revamped

wt sy ppl

and it for the experts .... could you pls explain me all the preset settings for 8.3, i need to make some changed but it is hard for me to understand the meaning of the presets

and also i need a setting which makes the EA to open the trades not all at one time but to open individual trades at individual times, which is best for respective pair ... wt sy ... kindly provide me setting to make this happen

http://micutzu.mt4live.com/

with topgun set file!

Hello Micotsu,

I just watched your report MT4i,

and I see that you are using two baskets, firts =1 lots, second 0.10 lots,

but I see that one has the 8 symbols, but only appear in the other 7

lacks "NZDUSD"

This is for some forgotten or, in fact intentionally??