Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

I get old tick data. I use v8 and d1 set file last english version. But i see in logs that "old tick gbpusd5 1,45050/1.45080" "old tick gbpusd1 1.45050/1.45080"........etc....like that...My broker is 4 digit and micro is allowed...I did " min_lot_mtp to ‘29’" where is the wrong ?

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I am using the original russian v8 with d1 set file at the moment. But be aware that today US and GB have a banking holiday, so the biggest global players are enjoying a day off. This merely results in no big moves at all, thus I think a day like today should be "survived" without losses at least to have something like a statement whether the EA works or not. I will test D1 frame this week and maybe set up an H4 demo also just to compare for myself, after running H4 on v7 last week with nice success.

Msdogan,

I'm not sure why you're getting problems - if you search this thread the problem of "old tick" has been raised before, though I can't remember if anyone found a solution.

I do know that there have been issues running mini/micro accounts too (I only use BasketBull on standard accounts). If anyone is using BasketBull successfully on mini or micro accounts please let us know if you use any special settings.

metalriff,

Profit is taken automatically by default based on indicator rules in the trailing stop logic. This means that your profit can typically reach a high value e.g. $600 and then drop back so that the trails kick in and you end up taking much less profit e.g. $400 or $300.

You also have the option in the parameters to define a take profit value (e.g. take profit as soon as you're $500 in profit) or based on a % of balance.

Plus there's the option to manually close positions too which you can do by interacting with the screen:

Double click on ">Close all" so that a dot appears to the left of the text, drag that text across the screen and a pop-up window should appear asking you to confirm that you want to close all trades.

Other fields on the screen prefixed by ">" can be used interactively in the same way.

Guys just one question,

how ist with a 14 Pairs configuration?

Could the below configuration be a good one for this?

SHORTs:

1. GBPUSD

2. GBPJPY

3. EURGBP

4. USDCHF

5. NZDUSD

6. AUDJPY

7. EURJPY

LONGs:

8. EURUSD

9. AUDUSD

10. USDJPY

11. NZDJPY

12. GBPCHF

13. CHFJPY

14. EURCHF

It would be for an Alpari NZ ECN-Demo account.

Any suggestions?

that is a t101 like view of it.

B-bull is a general market trend/swing trader. it will open all pairs in the basket in the same direction. it does not follow the t101 system.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

The pairs which are set up by default in the parameters have been specially optimised for basket trading - I don't recommend changing them unless you understand the principles behind the T101 trading system in depth.

B-Bull has very little to do with T101 system.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Hi Guys,

Placing all trades in one direction is one of the better ways to trade T101 according to one of the guides I read. For BasketBull I assumed that would translate to:

If Buys are on bottom and one reaches the top anchor position - go 8 Long

If Buys are on top and one reaches the bottom anchor position - go 8 Short

If Sells are on bottom and one reaches the top anchor position - go 8 Short

If Sells are on the top and one reaches the bottom anchor position - go 8 Long

I've not looked at the logic of BasketBull in any depth, however I thought that the main triggering algorithm was based on this sort of anchor position displacement and then backed up by other indicators. It seems as though that assumption was flawed (though I have spent more time trying to translate stuff than analysing the system ;) )

Norman and puzzlebird - you guys seem to understand exactly how BasketBull is trading, can you give us a breakdown of the entry criteria ?

how i understand it works:

the pairs are grouped together so that they are generally all on the 'same side' of the market. ie they are reasonably correlated in their movements (ie all go up together or all go down together).

the EA then looks across all the pairs using its indicators (those arrows on the display). when it finds that the market is oversold it buys or overbought it sells. so it is aggregating all the pairs together and looking for that aggregate to be in a range to buy/sell.

it exits on the trail, stop loss or signal expiry (like signal reverse, but not to the same extreme condition of an open).

A quick question. I am testing Version 8 with a basket of 14 pairs. Is the EA supposed to open all Pairs in the Same Direction e.g all SELL or all BUYS or it is supposed to Open 7 pairs Long ( BUY) and 7 Pairs Short( SELL) . May be someone can explain

Is there a parameter to change direction of how it opens the trades

thanks a lot

Edited by progressapama

Hi micutzu,

These messages are coming from the SendOrderReliable routines.

"129:invalid price", means that when the EA tried to place an order at a particular price, the price was moving so fast that it had already moved too far away from your order price (i.e. this is similar to a "requote" when you place a manual order).

Given the fast Long moves we've seen recently, it's not too surprising that you're seeing these messages.

Guys,

A general note...

I've been running V8 and it's crashed on me a few times with timer on. I've not turned timer off as yet to see if that fixes the problem, though I'm running a lot of instances of MT4 on the same laptop, so it could be just a resources problem unique to my (overloaded) setup.

If the EA crashes MT4 and trades are running then when you restart MT4 I don't believe that the EA can track the orders already running - hence you need to manually close trades. This is what I did just now.