Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

Hey guys,

Two questions:

1. I can not get version 6.6 or 7.0 working on Dukascopy, unless I reduce number of pairs to 4. Do you have any idea what I should do?

2. I hope you don't mind explaining best exit strategy for version 6. Should I close trades manually?

Thank you.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alaki,

Dukascopy's MT4 is only on beta test isn't it? That's probably why you don't have many pairs to choose from. I assume you'll need to use a broker who offers more pairs if you want to run larger baskets.

alaki/acosma,

We're all just testing these EA's which are still in development at the moment. There's no right or wrong way to do anything. If you want the EA to run totally "hands-off" then you'll need to adjust the trailing stop parameters to those which work best in testing. If you want to be able to manually close baskets then on my view that's probably the way to get the best results. We all need to be running different versions of the EA's and using different parameters/timeframes etc. so that we can find the best version to run and the best set up.

syedzain_87,

The EA was inspired by T101, though it isn't an automated version of the manual T101 system rules, hence the difference in pairs. I'm not sure of the developer's reasoning behind the pair selection, I assume that it's more geared towards trading a basket of trending pairs rather than a fully balanced/hedged basket.

alaki,

syedzain_87,

The EA was inspired by T101, though it isn't an automated version of the manual T101 system rules, hence the difference in pairs. I'm not sure of the developer's reasoning behind the pair selection, I assume that it's more geared towards trading a basket of trending pairs rather than a fully balanced/hedged basket.

Great Job SoundFX and to the original Russian Programmer!

This was exactly what I was concerned with. I agree that it seems to be geared towards trending pairs rather than the original T101 rules.

I think the real trick is in finding a decent broker that allows "true" hedging without trying to sting you for it.

This EA quite interesting.. but the EA parameter quite complicated. compare with T101 system, the Pair for Long And Short very different to this EA.. anyone can explain this?

it is not the t101 system, only inspired by its basket of currencies to trade. it is a general market trend follower. rather then trading one pair, it looks to trade across the market on the general movement of the market as a whole.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

4 basket closed with around 4,000 pips profit in one week,

http://www.mt4i.com/users/baskettrader

anybody still testing this EA?

best

ramliam

Great results which version did you run?

I ran a test on all 5 version this V_6.6 and 8_3 made a profit the others didn't and V8 wiped out an account. now I think it could of been the fact i started with $500 and was trading 0.02 lots so there wasn't alot of room for drawdown and recovery .

Any other results would be great to hear about

Great results which version did you run?

I ran a test on all 5 version this V_6.6 and 8_3 made a profit the others didn't and V8 wiped out an account. now I think it could of been the fact i started with $500 and was trading 0.02 lots so there wasn't alot of room for drawdown and recovery .

Any other results would be great to hear about

hey outcast,

i am running v8.2 with 1H set file,floating DD was very very low ,non of the the baskets went against me.

can you publish your result from v8.3?

with 500$ you should ran 0.02 nano lot(2c=pip) $ 500 like you said not enough room.

thanks

ramliam

Edited by ramliam

V8_3 started with $500 trading .02 lots $569.83 profit of 69.83

ramliam

I was testing the version with 0.01 lots so this last week I decided to try 0.02 just to see what would happen.When I started with $500 and traded 0.01 lots all versions I tested were in profit. So from this my findings are you can start with a $500 account and trade 0.01 lots and you could have success but DO NOT try and trade a larger lot. I would also suggest that maybe every $500 dollars profit you could increase the lots by 0.01 but that would be up to how you wanted to manage your account. I am going back to testing at 0.01 lots next week

Hi Guys,

I'm still running v8.2 with standard settings:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/soundfx/basketbull/32390

I closed a couple of baskets manually if I spotted them and I thought that they were trading in the wrong direction, apart from that it's been running automatically.

I'm running the V_700

but I can not solve the problem, the platform crashes continuously

I finished this week as I began, because of the problems I had to close several times,

This week proved to version, 8.3 on my server and see if you get it to work continuously,

Hi dear ramliam,

may I ask you which configuration do you use with your BB8.2?

I mean do you use an 8 pairs config or an 14 Pairs config?

And is it possible that you release your *.set-file here?

Thank you in advance

sia10

Edited by sia10

ysewellam,

"Timeout" is a pause which is there in the 8.x versions of the EA for safety reasons.

It pauses trading when you start up the EA for the first time, so that it can build up a proper picture of the market, rather than rashly entering trades as soon as you start it up.

If the parameter timeout = true, then the EA will pause until the next bar is closed. Which bar you are using to trigger trades will depend on the parameter tf which has the bar size in minutes.

ysewellam,

"Timeout" is a pause which is there in the 8.x versions of the EA for safety reasons.

It pauses trading when you start up the EA for the first time, so that it can build up a proper picture of the market, rather than rashly entering trades as soon as you start it up.

If the parameter timeout = true, then the EA will pause until the next bar is closed. Which bar you are using to trigger trades will depend on the parameter tf which has the bar size in minutes.

Much appreciated soundfx...ur the man

noone,

The take profit has always been very confusing in the parameters.

Try setting start_trail_val to $100 and trail_val to 0 and see if profits are taken correctly at $100 for starters.

Alternatively, setting start_trail to 2 and trail to 0 I believe should take profits at 2% of account balance.

I've not tested these as I'm running the EA with default trailing stops. If I want to manually close all trades then I double click on the text ">Close all" on the screen until a dot appears at the top left of that text and then drag the text to different place on the screen. A confirmation window will popup saying "Close all positions, continue?".