Basket Bull (System downloads post 3)

The default set file included with v8 seems to have trailing stop disabled? On my screen the only two options I have highlighted (which I assume meaning they are active) is 'breakdown from extreme (359)' and 'disable all trails'. Anyone have any idea what breakdown from extreme means?

I've had a basket open since last night, which went about 125 pips in profit at one point today. Before it got to that open profit level, it only saw -4 pips in DD!.

However, since then, it has dropped way back, and at one point actually went -18 pips dd, and is now back at about 60 pips open profit. So watching it go instantly to 125 pips, just to slowly drain and go negative isn't all that great. I have tried to understand the trailing stop options in v8 but just having a hard time.

I am leaving this basket open just to see if it EVER closes per the ea, hopefully gaining some knowledge of what the 'breakdown from extreme' means.

If anyone fully understands these settings, maybe you could show me the exact inputs in order to set, say, 'when 10% profit is achieved, trail 5%' ?

Thanks, glad to find a thread I can actually follow for this ea :)

Simply switch back to 7.0 or even better 6.6. Trailing is not very reponsive in 8.0 as crushmy mentioned. Code was changed in 8.0 for trailing as well as many other things.

Cheers

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BasketBull802.rar is released:

http://forum.alpari.ru/post1888046-556.html

With:

bb_intraday_auto_802_h1m30_8_microusd.rar (two threads below)

Seems that the developer is changing his mind on a day to day basis on what constitutes good entry signals. While this may be good for the improvement of the concept it makes it so much more difficult to forward test since by the time any conclusion is drawn a new concept comes out!

Seems that the developer is changing his mind on a day to day basis on what constitutes good entry signals. While this may be good for the improvement of the concept it makes it so much more difficult to forward test since by the time any conclusion is drawn a new concept comes out!

I would say - I know, it may be too early- i have found the optimal mix with the bb8 and an 8 Pairs configuration for me.

Interesting more, there are no more crashes on my VPS (xeon dual core with 4 GB-RAM, WIN Server 2008) since I have updated from bb7 to bb8, as i said it may be too "early" because till now I have no enough resaults, but the resaults in this short time make me hope to say it would be the optimal mix and furthermore "never change a runing system (EA)".......

May be too optimistic but what should we do without optimism?

fxnight,

I agree totally - it also makes it hard work to translate each new version lol. I'm reluctant to create a translation for v8.2 right now because I think it's going to change yet again quite soon.

Because v8.2 is supposed to tighten up trailing stops and rely less on RSI, it's worth creating an English version, so I'll create a version soon with at least the screen details and interactive windows and parameters translated.

The v8 basket that I've left running since it opened on sunday is still going and climbing to new profit levels. I am also now finally noticing that the trailing stop is indeed working, its just very wide. Whether this works out to be a good thing or not time will tell.

But now, it does say it's locked in 3.1% at the top there, so at least it can't lose anymore :)

We'll see what it finally closes at when the time comes, as I track the open profit so i'll know how high it got at any time, and when the ea finally closes it at.

I really wish I could understand what he is saying on the alpari forum, there's lots of discussion, but it gives me a headache to try to understand the translated comments :(

fxnight,

I agree totally - it also makes it hard work to translate each new version lol. I'm reluctant to create a translation for v8.2 right now because I think it's going to change yet again quite soon.

Because v8.2 is supposed to tighten up trailing stops and rely less on RSI, it's worth creating an English version, so I'll create a version soon with at least the screen details and interactive windows and parameters translated.

Hello,

I would wait a bit for him to fix some bugs in 8.2. For one he mistakenly uses 2 Global Variables, one called "opentime" and the other "open_time" so some issue with the zeropoint storage and retrieval. He also has a bug with the "first_run" flag. If you disable the Extern Advisors and do your settings and reenable the EA does not run properly and quits trailing and exiting its trade at win or loss. Not to mention the occassional "zero_divide" specials served with hot sauce. I feel like this guy is mostly observing his own setup (whatever that may be) and making changes to the EA to mainly suit him. In the process of not giving the code time to settle, lots of bugs are released every time. I hope he can slow down for a while and simply just release major revisions not just observation fixes.

Good luck

a quick question version 8.0 or 8.2 . It is a little confusing on some parameters .

If you want the EA to Close any open order which has a profit of US$ 200 or more . How do you configure the trailing parameters to do that or what parameters do you need to configure to do that.

Example: Let's say the initial deposit is may be US$ 100000 and you trading 14 currency Pairs . If let's say 8 Currency pairs have a profit of US$ 200 or above .

How do you configure the Parameters such it only closes the open profitable trades with a profit of US$ 200 or more and leaves the rest of the pairs that have not yet reached that profit level of US$ 200 or more .

Anyone .

Thanks a lot

Edited by progressapama

Hi Friends.

Thanks Soundfx for your work!

I have a problem, I Alpari works perfectly.

But MIG does not make me any operation, MIG is a broker of 5 digits, but I've noticed that there are pairs of 4 digits, and could set the EA to work properly?

Thanks!

(in 2 days 1174 pips!!)

@ Soundfx,

First of all, many thanks to your great work (how can I register that on this forum?)!

I've 2 questions: (1) I tried to download version 6.6 (link at post # 3), but Multiupload says the limit has reached... Could you please upload again v6.6?, and (2) when I attach version 8 to the chart, I cannot open the window with F7 anymore. Is this a common problem or is there another trick?

Regards,

Arjan

Yuritch the developer of the EA acknowledged the bugs in version 8.2 after my post there in english (Litonan) and recommends to fix the code as soon as possible. If you are testing V8.2 you should apply the fixes. Maybe soundfx can apply the fixes when the translation is done.

Cheers

@ Soundfx,

First of all, many thanks to your great work (how can I register that on this forum?)!

I've 2 questions: (1) I tried to download version 6.6 (link at post # 3), but Multiupload says the limit has reached... Could you please upload again v6.6?, and (2) when I attach version 8 to the chart, I cannot open the window with F7 anymore. Is this a common problem or is there another trick?

Regards,

Arjan

turn off EAs and then click f7. this is common for looping EAs.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

I can't make it work!

Thanks Soundfx, Problem solved by following your previous suggestion - change the min_lot_mtp to 29, it has opened trades now. FOREX demo account uses 4 digits tool

fxea,

I attached the EA 7.0 version on a forex.com demo account, but just a smiling face and 'INITIALIZING EA' on the screen. In the log it says 'zero divide'.

Is there something else to make it work?

fxea,

I attached the EA 7.0 version on a forex.com demo account, but just a smiling face and 'INITIALIZING EA' on the screen. In the log it says 'zero divide'.

Is there something else to make it work?

just right click on symbols and choose: show all. if you have special names like i: EURUSDiam you must change indicators and ea code. best regards, derox

Hi Guys,

Here's BasketBull V8.02 in English. I've included the original *.set file and an English *.set file which just has the text removed, so that when you load in the parameters, you can still see English descriptions in the parameter screen:

http://www.multiupload.com/MW36YZBRIB

Hi guys,

I've just posted v8.2 translated to English, however it's waiting for moderator approval - and there are none around, aaargh! I think this is some problem with the site Spam checker - I've probably posted multiupload links too much lol. The English version includes fxknight's bug fixes.

Regarding problems downloading v6.6, if max. downloads has been exceeded, this sounds like the normal problem with Rapidshare - just try one of the other links - there are plenty to choose from ;)

The basket I left open the entire week has finally closed, at +920 pips. It's peak open profit was +1735 pips.

Default v8 set file on gomarket. We'll see what next week brings.

crushmy,

Since GoM demo does not have CADJPY I assume you used basket selection #8 (which is default) correct? 8 pairs total?

cheers