S.T.A.R (SuperTradeSystem) Trading System

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure where this 40% accuracy claim is coming from by hankt. Are you basing this on the entirety of the watchlist or just from that snippet you posted? Also did you look at the active triggered section of the wl as well? there were several positive trades that went for hundreds of positive pips that dwarfed the losses you posted.

Im still not sure how a person can go from saying "I just want to say one more thing, many ppl ask me ''whats ur winning ratio while trading STAR?'' The answer is: it does NOT matter cos we have very good MM system only known to STAR traders" and

"August: +2150 net pips, RvR 1:1-1:5 and more

Every month STAR produces +pips, it may only be 500 but its consistent"

and-

"Tom is providing best support you can imagine, hes basically holding your hand while you trying to find the set ups"

and finally -

"Tom is great and best mentor Ive ever seen and it just annoys me when ppl talk the way you do blaming others for their own lazyness and ignorance.

Keep looking for ur holy grail red-green arrow system lol, im sure you will find it. and dont comment on the system you dont even understand, you can either learn it or leave it. STAR works and it will always work"

I can understand if a person spent months or years with a system and at one point really believed in it but after a good deal of time decided they no longer want to trade the system but really now you go from posting all that and decided a month later the system is horrible and tom is the devil? come on now lol

I'm not sure where this 40% accuracy claim is coming from by hankt. Are you basing this on the entirety of the watchlist or just from that snippet you posted? Also did you look at the active triggered section of the wl as well? there were several positive trades that went for hundreds of positive pips that dwarfed the losses you posted.

Im still not sure how a person can go from saying "I just want to say one more thing, many ppl ask me ''whats ur winning ratio while trading STAR?'' The answer is: it does NOT matter cos we have very good MM system only known to STAR traders" and

"August: +2150 net pips, RvR 1:1-1:5 and more

Every month STAR produces +pips, it may only be 500 but its consistent"

and-

"Tom is providing best support you can imagine, hes basically holding your hand while you trying to find the set ups"

and finally -

"Tom is great and best mentor Ive ever seen and it just annoys me when ppl talk the way you do blaming others for their own lazyness and ignorance.

Keep looking for ur holy grail red-green arrow system lol, im sure you will find it. and dont comment on the system you dont even understand, you can either learn it or leave it. STAR works and it will always work"

I can understand if a person spent months or years with a system and at one point really believed in it but after a good deal of time decided they no longer want to trade the system but really now you go from posting all that and decided a month later the system is horrible and tom is the devil? come on now lol

true. we really like to know the full story from our hankt as he was swear by it then and now claiming it is not that good.

rgds

It is easy to see what happened to Hankt.

He made lots of pips. Thousands we are clear on that and we also know he stated himself that he did not have much success before using STAR. He obviously made way more than the purchase price. Can it be more clear? He blew up his account. That hurts and I am sorry for him.

There were some things I remember from chat and something another member tried to point out about where he may have gone wrong too. What the other member said was that he remembered that hankt never switched off of the FINFX data he preferred after it was tested and we were told it would not be ok to use. That could be some of the problem for sure. I remember another comment that he was using only certain setups where the retrace was more toward the trend extreme. I never thought that was a very good idea since that cuts out the trades that have a higher chance of a good run. Yes you risk a small amount less if you take only those you liked but the odds are working on the success end better for the whole group than only those who retrace alot and you may find your streak is magnified because you did it yourself. The system doesn't say to do that.

I understand it is tough to handle it if you wreck your account but you should realize that you own the mistakes.

The 40% thing is just ridiculous. He is taking that info from a section where almost all the small losses show up right away. The rest gets filled back in after the Active Trades are done being active. Some of those are ones where there is an small stopout and then they go on to trigger again and make hundreds of pips. Those won't be in the recent history tab for a while.

And who ever said this is a 99.9% win rate system? Accuracy and win rate are two different things. STAR is very accurate. It tells you if a PTS is not there for you. It tells you exactly true that the CSA is there. It gives you an exact stoploss. I take the CSA trades and I get an exact low drawdown entry with a super plan for my MM that neutralizes the risk very early on when I have just the first target in profit. Does it work? F'n A just ask Hankt before he went off doing his own thing.

How do I know his account got blown up? I don't it just fits and another very helpful member said he also felt the same way about the antics. I already know he is less than honest since this incident because when he told us his winnings in September of 1700 pips in August he said he didn't have success until STAR. Then you didn't hear from him for awhile and he comes back and ranted against STAR by using only the tab on the watchlist we all knew was not representing the whole story of trades and claimed that he had a 70% win rate system which he used in the past and worked well. Sure a 70% win rate is great. But which is it hankt? Unsuccessful or a proven 70% win rate system? STAR beats 70% by the HARD MILE at the top. Go for the pips pumper that this STAR is and stop whining about win rate and when you get there do exactly as you are given instructions for and the only percent you need to worry about is the risk percent in those instructions. Then you won't blow up your account.

Edited by retry99

Hi hankt, sorry to see that STAR is not working for you and that you are leaving it behind.

However, I hope you would reconsider, or at least do not burn the bridge behind you so quickly.

Because my experience is very different from yours.

About the 40% win rate you mentioned, it seems you did not include the trades still on the the active triggered trades page. Most of the winning trades are not moved from that page to the completed trades page for a long time.

As losing trades are quickly closed and moved to the closed trades page, but winning trades are left running and stay on the active trades page, if you count only the trades in the closed trades page, you will skew the results to only seeing mostly losing trades.

For myself, due to my own schedule, and preference, I can only trade the longer time-frame setups, and do not trade all the setups, so cannot comment on the actual total win/loss ratio of the entire watch-list. But for the trades that I have taken, my results have definitely been profitable.

And yes, I am talking about live account, not demo.

I hope the STAR community or Tom would not hate me to list at least just one active trade to illustrate a point:

There was a long term buy trade triggered on 28/08/12 for Eur/Sek, entry at 8.21802, stop loss at 8.17197, first take profit at 8.34807.

The reward to risk on this trade is therefore 1300pips/460pips = 2.82

More importantly, look at the rest of this Eur/Sek trade history after hitting first profit target: before a significant pullback in mid September, the price kept moving up, to a max at one time (on 17/09/12) 8.64326 (meaning max of 4252 pips profit), which translates to max potential reward/risk ratio of 9.23.

If anyone decided to ride out that pullback, the price then moved back up again, currently at about 8.67108. So today, any still-opened trade portion would already have a profit factor of 9.83 to original stop loss.

I am not saying we would be able to exit the trades at the maximum potential profit level. But this trade at least illustrates the impressive potential reward to risk of a successful STAR trade.

But no matter what you decide, hankt, wish you good trading and success.

p.s. Don't know if you can still access the watch-list, hank, otherwise you can verify the trade I mentioned above. And to echo another member's post, you will also see many other winning trades on the active list, which were also active in September during the same time period of the losing trades you noticed. And active winning trades do dwarf the losing trades both in terms of pip count, and in terms of potential profit to loss factor.

So although there may be faults with STAR (difficult to learn, time-consuming to find set-ups, slow updating of the watchlist and active list, and even confusion about the PTS near 100% accuracy versus non-PTS setups, etc.) but I do not think it is a scam, and I have found it profitable so far.

Edited by dukeaugustus

This is a good post dukeaugustus. I also hope that hankt will reconsider.

This idea about PTS and 100% accuracy seems to come at me from left field although I have not been there since the beginning. I get it and see the evolution that has gone on from the forum and chat but it just seems to me to be either my misread or a non-issue. If the word accuracy means the same as win rate to someone then I see it. To me these are not one and the same and from where I come into STAR it just is a non-issue because the way the system works it is accurately letting you know if there is a PTS or a CSA or a CS (which waits for new pullback or trend extreme - a no trade).

This was a massive improvement to the original STAR as far as I can see. Here are some trades that I just got off the website:

CHF/JPY August 2nd, 2012 Long at 79.119 (Ongoing 725 pips):

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h372/infomanager/120802-chf-jpy-h4-csa-pivot.gif

AUD/USD October 18th, 2012 Short at 1.04025 (Over 150 pips In Consolidation Area):

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h372/infomanager/121018-aud-usd-m15-csa-pivot.gif

AUD/USD October 23rd 2012 Long at 1.02463 (Followup to previous Short):

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h372/infomanager/121023-aud-usd-m5-csa-pivot.gif

If you check your charts I do not see how anyone can complain about accuracy no matter what kind of label the signal is given. I do not know of ANY system that can get these kinds of signals.

BTW those charts are showing the signals on an older template. AND we got a preview of the new tools which are on deck which will be doing much of the work for us. Here is from the premium forum's chat pics:

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h372/infomanager/121025-aud-jpy-m15-13-68-sm-adjust-new-precision.gif

This shows that the speed will be calculated when the force histogram (red/green bar) is not in spec. Also it will be checking a couple other criteria for us as well as telling us which X-Factors will be giving signals worth looking into. This will make spotting signals easier. Then there was also mention of a period orientation and flip/cut histogram for easier setup locating. I cannot wait to get my hands on those new ones.

PS Sorry that last shot is chopped off in the post but you could right click to view picture and zoom it. That box on the right shows a ton of info for the pullback evaluation and the forum preview says that just loads in when you open the template. Very nice.

Edited by retry99

Hi hankt80, your frank discussions of the poor results actually helped this thread. Sad to see that you have decided to stay away and removed your posts. As you can see, the reactions to your revelations encouraged more charts and pictures being shared and discussed about this system.

I agree 100%. I don't often have the time to come and post about results myself. As some others express we do not really know what might be considered wrong and endanger our own standing. One thing is for sure the loyalty to the owner of STAR is very evident in the members.

And ianf0ster, your post is your post. I respect your right and your own intention not being the same as the point that I take from it, but let me play around a bit with it, ok? I think you will see why I am a little uncomfortable with the exact wording. Let's see.

I want to suggest that the phrase might have been more (what's that term hankt likes, oh yeah, accurate) if it had been "your frank discussions of the poor results you for some reason wanted to portray so you screened and slanted them to fit your purposes". Why do I think that would have better described what we heard from hankt? Because the group of trades shown being truly representative of the watchlist trades has been refuted by four other members who state that this is the group that is culled early and the rest are in another section. Notice the ABSCENCE of those as evidence of what hankt apparently had in mind and the standing up for what is truthfully in the watchlist results as a whole came out right away.

Since the system has been around for years I think the play by hankt was dirty. Heh if you do not keep the risk percent that the system advises and you take your own group of plays and you don't use the recommended analysis data then you could certainly have troubles. You could get angry. But if the same setups are sending the performance over the cliff where are the other complaints from the same period? Several others are not in aggreement and say he is distorting things. I won't display the watchlist but I will tell you it is a gross distortion. STAR didn't change from August to September. I think the range went down in the market a bit but it has been down for some time anyway. I don't think you want to push but just take it as it comes.

Hi retry99,

I am a paid up member of STAR but taking a breather at the moment.

Referring to the last image on your post of the "new template" have they "added" any new development to it

since the past couple of months?

thanks

4xxxx

Hi retry99,

I am a paid up member of STAR but taking a breather at the moment.

Referring to the last image on your post of the "new template" have they "added" any new development to it

since the past couple of months?

thanks

4xxxx

You might be thinking of the MT5 template. That one has not been developed more but the issue with new builds causing a need for workarounds to use with older builds was solved and it just runs normally now. The screenshot is for a new MT4 template that actually seems to have brand new stuff even the MT5 does not have - but I have only seen the screenshots so far. There is a feature that is also coming which does not show on that screenshot which is a period orientation histogram so when you adjust the speed you can see the result I guess for getting traits valid without data window. Sounds like from chat that there is more being added and we will have them any time now.

Hi Retry99.I recentrly bougth Tom Hennessy system. I'm having a lot of difficulties, but not as long for the system as for my idiom limitations, which make me advancing slowly in the reading and comprehension of the system.

Do you think is a good idea to jump to premium forum when I'd understood the PST?.

Remember: when you decided to begin any activity related to S.T.A.R I'd be very interested.

Thank you.

Fran

Hi Retry99.I recentrly bougth Tom Hennessy system. I'm having a lot of difficulties, but not as long for the system as for my idiom limitations, which make me advancing slowly in the reading and comprehension of the system.

Do you think is a good idea to jump to premium forum when I'd understood the PST?.

Remember: when you decided to begin any activity related to S.T.A.R I'd be very interested.

Thank you.

Fran

You should always ask for help. That is my advice. Even if you have trouble with some English you will probably speed things up by either emailing Tom or as you say get in premium where the chat would almost certainly help.

This I had trouble with..."Remember: when you decided to begin any activity related to S.T.A.R I'd be very interested." Not sure what you mean there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is the latest performance of star on my demo account, if you want to flame me back it up with hard stats like I do and to make long story short since august 2012 I lost money trading star.

http://i.imgur.com/T8PQg.png

When Gert asked me ''how are you doing with star'' in December I answered ''I lost 1500 pips lately but im not really worry cos I will get it back later on'' I never got my pips back as you can see and after that Tom Hennessy made a live chat policy saying star members can NOT discuss trading results in live chat which is ridiculous, he also searches for trades which already triggered and are winners and places them in live watchlist even if they triggered 1 or more days ago which is basically backtest not live trading, watchlist meant to be for pending trades not backtesting, overall Im pretty sure star worked some time ago but since November 2012 it just does not deliver any good or even dicent results, I made a quick pips count and since August 1 2012 till now I made 0 or even lost money trading star. I really understand how to trade star but 76% losing trades will kill your account no matter what MM you use.

Edited by hankt80

hankt80,

this is confusing, because you claimed some time ago that you understood STAR ( we know for sure that at least 90 % or more of all buyers never understand it ) and now you prove that it is not profitable.

But everybody else who understood STAR is claiming that it is profitable, if you really understand it.

Do we have to conclude that you still haven´t understood it properly ?

Or is it just not profitable ?

fxeasy5 try it and than judge it, I understand star 100% and its really not profitable at all since November 2012, I lost 50% of my account, it was fine till November but since than nearly every trade end up in a loss, honestly I wish it was profitable cos I put into it a lot of time and effort but it is what it is, at this moment its not possible to even break even with star.

and the STAR thread continues...

Although I think Tom would dissagree, I believe the markets have changed enough over the years to make a lot of systems now NOT work. So in a way, I believe what you have written Hankt80. I used to have many simple but good systems that worked wonders 4 or so years ago but these days don't seem to work at all.

Regarding STAR, I went through all the stuff (forum, multiple times learning it, template and rule changes) and to be honest, if you remember, Tom used to say you can be in a market at all times. Just pick a few pairs and only trade true reversal until the next true reversal comes along. This appealed to me years ago. Then not too long ago when I asked where the Primary trades were, everyone said that there were none. Well that just went against everything Tom wrote at the beginning of it all so I never bothered to continue with it.

I still think there is some magic in there, but the game may have changed too much these days..

jt

The current star is easy to understand cos its based on traits like Main Pivot - flip - cut - move after cut - pull back and if you have access to premium members area of the forum read Gerts post which explains in 100% how to learn and trade star, its really easy, problem is that most trades end up in a loss so no matter what MM you use now you just wont make any money with it. Im truly disappointed but there is nothing I can do about it.