S.T.A.R (SuperTradeSystem) Trading System

I am going to ask Tom to see if he can do an updated video explaining the system in more detail when he has the time. I was the one that encouraged him to do the first set that came out 2 years ago. Since more traders are purchasing the system, he may hopefully come out with a new one for us. Edited by ForexMike

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are if i am correct some other video's made by Bryan one of the members

also i did make a Post on the premium forum with a simple explain way of how i find setup based on the 52 templates

with lots of screenshots

and i am helping members who have problems understanding STAR personaly and so far most of them are happy with the help and understand the system

No system is holy grail but the MM and trade management STAR traders use is even better than holy grail, no matter how many losing or winning trades you make, you still make pips and money, thats how good it is. And tbh I never heard of it before I joined STAR community.

hankt80,

about 5 or 6 months ago ( cannot remember exactly ) I made another attempt to understand STAR ( I bought it years ago and have access to the members area ) ,

but back then there was nothing about MM .

Where can I find this MM teaching ?

hankt80,

about 5 or 6 months ago ( cannot remember exactly ) I made another attempt to understand STAR ( I bought it years ago and have access to the members area ) ,

but back then there was nothing about MM .

Where can I find this MM teaching ?

fxeasy5

if u stil have access it is some where on the STAR forum

I also told it several times and explained it in different post here and other forums how it works

and i also found a Trade manager who can watch my trades and move stops when needed when i am not behind the computer.

Edited by freakgib

I'm going to discuss how I learned the Star System. I don't know of anyone that purchased the system and read through the instructions once and instantly picked up on it. I'm no exception. Although I've been trading the forex for many years, I purchased the STAR System because I didn't see any b.s. in the advertising of the system. After trading for many years, we can pick up on what may or may not be good trading systems by checking out the websites.

I picked up on no b.s. alerts while reading Tom's website. What I read really impressed me and I took the leap. If I see a trading system that I like, I will purchase it. The Nexgen3 System cost me $16,500 not including feed fees etc and I purchased a few more that exceeded a few thousand in price tag. My point is that I bought Tom's System for a merely $100.

The trading system arrived within a few hours of purchase and I was eager to open it up. Something told me that what I had in front of me was going to be a very valuable asset. I then thumbed through the instructions and my head started to spin 360 degrees. The first thing that crossed my mind was that I was in for a challenge. I made sure I had plenty of black and color ink in my printer and I spent the next hour printing everything off and making a neat notebook. There are times when I would like to get away from my computer and lead a normal life.

The Nexgen3 was bringing in nice returns but I still wasn't satisfied. I can't answer why traders always continue their search of the holy grail when their present system works. I would read the system's lengthy instructions for 5-6 hours at a time and really get burnt out. A lot of it was confusing and I couldn't put my finger on why but I knew that this was a system I must learn. I then remembered that one's attention span in school would not last more than 45 minutes at a time. I then made up a schedule where I would not go over 45 minutes in my study schedule. So, while being a full time trader, I would pick up my notebook and read for this amount of time and then put it down for the next 2 hours. I found that this system worked and the instructions were less confusing since I was mentally fresh and eager to continue. I used a fresh mt4 platform to test the theories behind the trades.

After a few weeks, I felt prepared to take the leap and trade demo on the computer. I played with it for a week switching between the many templates given to me. I then found the patterns that Tom discussed which showed the moments of exact entries and exits. Those tested patterns then proved to be many profitable trades and I finally knew that my patients paid off.

I can see how the learning phase of this system isn't for the majority of traders that want to take the plunge. I have received many pm's asking me if one should purchase the system and I found that I can't give them an answer because I have no idea of their forex experience. I do know that if one has the dedication and determination to take on challenges, I highly recommend that they purchase the system.

Since a STAR Forum was started a few years ago, I highly recommend that traders also grab and print off the materials and add them to their instructional folder. The forum also has great traders that will assist traders if they have any questions.

If someone has any questions, feel free to either post them in the STAR Forum, contact Tom Hennessy by email or post your questions here. I don't check my pm's often but ask that you post your questions directly on the forum.

Please, no rantings from those that state that the system doesn't work or post immaturely like the two clowns that attempted to disrupt this thread..this isn't the place and I was assured by a moderator that they will be banned if they post immaturely as they have in the past. Traders want to learn the STAR, not to again be interrupted by their clown antics.

Feel free to look at the STAR website and check it out. Look at the recommendations on forexpeacearmy and look at the postings by the experienced members on the forum. I would gladly pay $100,000 for the STAR knowing what I now know, and for some strange reason, the system is still extremely inexpensive to purchase.

Remember, I'm not saying you should buy it unless you think you're up to the challenge. If you succeed in the challenge, you will be very successful trading the forex.

Hi,

I, among the first few ones that bought the products moons ago and still confuse till today. When he told me of his finding the key to elliottwave I was so excited. I was even willing to pay for his raw data as well. But somehow, I didn't go through it. So I bought his system instead. His directions in the ebook were TOO DAMNED confusing.He had pictures and all but nothing in the pictures would provide me a clear cut explanation of the trend changes. So needless to say, I stashed this system asided until today.

Now that you are here to explain, the system, can you please show me with a proper figure/s of the trend change! How do I determine where a flip is? When do I enter and exit the trades? Please explain!

I am glad that you are here offering your help to us.

Thanks,

Unclepips

Hi,

His directions in the ebook were TOO DAMNED confusing.He had pictures and all but nothing in the pictures would provide me a clear cut explanation of the trend changes. So needless to say, I stashed this system asided until today.

In my opinion, the instructions are difficult because their isn't a clear point to jump into a trade from a starting point. When I purchased the system, I had the old instructions and picked up the ball and went on from there. Since then, a new set of instructions came out which cleared up a few more obstacles. Question, have you seen the video that is posted in the STAR Forum? Grab and download it if you can.

What would be nice is if we could talk Tom into starting up a STAR Group on Skype. Even if we could do this for one hour a day, this would help out everyone that purchased the system. If Tom doesn't have the time to assist, maybe one or more of our esteemed traders can be in charge of the room. Just a thought.

Hi forexmike! your posts were one the primary reasons I bought star in february glad to see you posting again!

Hi my friend and good to see you on here. I'm taking a break from a new business venture I jumped into two weeks ago. I'm buying distressed businesses and taking over the reigns. I thought I would pep up this thread and get it moving again along with my great trading buds.

If anyone purchased the course, either have successfully learned it or are temporarily (I use this word because we are going to see if we can get you to look at the system again) stumped, please feel free to jump in. It may be that one obstacle that stopped you and hopefully one of the successful traders can help with that problem area. Let's get this thread rolling again.

Gert;

Thank you so much for your dedication and support, I finnaly begin to understand.

I'm not there yet but I've made so big improvements the last week.

Thank you.

I also bought the star system and didn't understand one thing about it.

I subscribed to the chatroom and watchlist extra payment per month but didn't helped me either.

My personal opinion is that the author of the system don't understand the system himself.

They use al kind of terms I couldn't figure out what was what??

I payed allot of money for it and all you get is a ebook with nothing in it, the system itself you have to figure out in the chatroom and posts posted by "members" ??

Maybe I will try later because it was so costly, but very little info is provided to learn it.

ps. I get realy mad when reading Floridatraders posts about this system.

I also bought the system on recomandation here in this forum 'how good it is and so on...'

But the truth is that I lost allot of money buying this system and never could put it to work, no support what so ever was provided.

I am also glad to see this thread come back to life.

Why? Because we are colleagues, aren't we. Friends as ForexMike likes to say? Well maybe not close friends which is difficult in this virtual environment but hell we sure understand the frustrations and challenges we each one of us faces all right. Just like with friends we don't always agree with everything evryone else says. You don't have to agree with me either, just tell me to stf up if you want. I won't but that's ok. ;)

My reason for posting rather than lurking today is that I have a gripe. Really? 3 Years to learn this? Really? You've got to be kidding. One person says they tried this many many times, kept coming back to it over and over. Really? Come the F on! Then some of you others that truly and obviously give heartfelt recco for potential buyers to be encouraged because it definitely works, but then tell them how you took years to learn it. I am talking specifically to freakgib (Gert) here about the 'years' comment a few posts back. The STAR forum was opened in January 2009 and I looked up freakgib his member name there and in January 2009 he was giving advice with specifics on the system to help another member with strategy questions. The system itself began being published in mid 2008 right? How is this years and how are you supposed to be helping others to be encouraged to get STAR by making that statement? Are you confusing the growth of your knowledge or something, Gert?

We do not need to pander to people who did not get their book and study. This is the real world. If you took a degree program in school and thought you would not have to take the concepts presented by teacher and book and do some head scratching, just be GRANTED the diploma and the cushy job at the end after a few hours of 'study', no doubt you would be in for a waking up. This has got to be just like what you see everywhere else in the world. People thinking somebody owes them something and if they kick enough rocks there will be ez livin under one of em.

I like to encourage but I am not about to coddle. A comment like only 3% of the people who buy this understanding it is so crazy I hope all of you did not absorb that nonsense without checking the logic at the front gate. Think about the developer and tell me does it make sense that he would continue with the Supertradersclub site? But then again I saw another comment that someone posted that said the developer doesn't even understand his own system so I may be giving some of the members here too much credit. Is it maybe more like it that he is instead quietly revolutionizing our industry? There is no other system OR developer like this, imo.

But I do respect you members and you are my colleagues. If you have not given STAR the correct chance you still may but I think most read these half-baked ideas and see the real picture and are balanced enough to know better. And if not then with enough attempts at easy street you will become more balanced, no choice in the matter, it will happen.

Please allow me to say something about where I am coming from with my little rant. STAR flat out works and it works all the time. This does not mean every single movement of the market gets signaled perfectly. What I see is that every time you get a trigger on a signal it will be early in the reversal move and if there was no pips to be had in a reversal you are in so tight to the stop you have a very small loss. You also KNOW exactly where and if the entry should be made and where that stop is and more often than not if there was not going to be any pips in the other direction the system would indicate to stay with the trend direction or wait for the next corner which is going to be nearby. There is no subjectivity because the criteria is completely mechanical.

Does anybody have anything else they would like out of a trading system?

I want to address the idea that someone does not know where the starting point is to pick up a trend and the ebook instructions are confusing about this. I don't think they are and that instead traders are confusing the challenge of applying the simple facts they learned with the simple facts themselves. The challenge of doing it is not the same as the facts on how to do it.

Let me prove this out. The ebook starts out in the main instruction area by saying you need to look at a chart in a larger timeframe than you want to trade to get your bearings. Ok so I call up a chart on let's say an H4 and the book says to locate a big move. Any move in a market must have a starting point so you pick some big move and you note the start and the book calls this the Main Pivot.

That is the simplest thing in the world. How can you not know from that where to begin? If you are looking in the middle of a move that has no clear starting point that stands out to you then I guess you may have trouble knowing where to start. That's not the fault of the instructions friends. That is you not following the instructions. No matter if you are giving somebody directions to the front mailbox you gotta expect that they have the sense to interpret which is the starting point all on their own. You aren't gonna hold both their hands above their head and walk behind them like a pre-toddler. If you cannot determine what a big move is on a chart including where it starts then get out of trading. If simple English cannot be used with you, how in the world can the developer get any point across to you?

Heh You out there, trying to make some money in trading and it isn't working... You've tried system after system just like all of us have. I am going to direct my talk right to you and over all the people who can't look at a chart and see a MAIN pivot. This is what I have to say to you. STAR flat out works and it works all the time. More importantly the other traders who say the same thing will agree with me that it is never going to stop working and because of it being the completely different kind of system that it is, there isn't going to be any other system you will be able to find that will work all the time. Every other system or EA is built on timeframe and indicator. STAR is not. STAR uses charts and indicators but the approach is completely different. I mean completely.

No other system uses the chart to find the spot for the signal, they only read the signals they generate. When you look at a chart you should see that there are spots where it is congested and times it is free moving. Some congestions are small and some prolonged. Some free moving runs are not sustained and others are. There are probably several others but you get my drift. If your system just reads out to you the signals it generates but is not distinguishing between the different type of action then expect the results that has everybody in forums looking for relief.

Now the next big controversy. "I Can't understand the messy indicators." STF up! If you can make all your MONNNAAAYYY with naked price action fine but as Hankt80 points out that's a useless post. OK back on track. The book gives the instruction that you can only have 1 flip and it says you use the band of indicators to see where that is in the price action. It is the dynamics and the construction of these MAs that make the function of locating the spot for the signalreading to work. If the developer could have made it with fewer indicators he would have. It is explained that they are a special set, a fibbo family and I agree they ARE special because how they do their work IS amazing.

So the instructions show you a picture and it is pretty basic. It is so zoomed out that you can't even really discuss or wonder how all the indis work. It just shows a main pivot and a flip. I hear a few people wondering about a flip though. Again how is this not clear?

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h372/infomanager/ribbonflipexample.gif

This is basic kindergarten folks. Price starts at the main pivot in this picture lower left and goes up. The MAs go up too. Trend takes a break and the MAs turn down too. That caused a complete flipping over of the MAs. Yellow on bottom, yellow now on top. Wow complicated stuff.

Yes I learn afterwards that each section has criteria like the MAs must be following the trend enough before the fliping over that they are on top of one another at least on one candle in that section. I want that. If I don't have criteria I won't be able to tell when my trade setup is a good one or not. With the criteria I CAN know to reject a setup if there is not a meeting of that criteria. There are not that many sections. I can memorize a small list with a little practice. THAT is the LEAST of the challenges I will face in trading. THAT is the LEAST of the EFFORT I will expend on behalf of the goal I set for myself.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I am some real brainiac and this kind of stuff is flying way over your head. (I don't believe that!)

All I can say at this point is the way you approach trading is you find the system that works. You learn it you apply it. If it takes some time so what! If you didn't think it would you are the problem not the system. If you want new results you have to do something new. But I am here to tell you that none of the other systems that are new to you are going to work all the time because of how they are built so get STAR and you will want the premium. The chat just might be worth the couple hundred bucks a year ($25/month) if you get this posted to you or see it in the watchlist:

--PAIR--T/F&Speed--Main Pivot--Results, Short right spot 1.3032 Aug 10th +500pips:

AUD/NZD M15 0.820 7-Aug-2012 e/v at M15 0.820 0.618 CSA SHORT Gert 1.30321 8/10 1:45 540 pips max so far

How much more can I tell you about STAR? Can I learn it for you? NO. Can you learn it? Of course you can, you don't need to be experienced in forex other than knowing how to place trades so I disagree with ForexMike because I think he is just being kind enough to give some the credit that they are not in a freebie seeking rut. And you don't need to PM anybody to ask if they think you can learn it. Of course you can. If you can get the basics I have laid out here then there is nothing more complicated in the system than this. You will need to put the steps in order and at the very least use the checklist for the criteria against a setup. Hell you can even earn money on trades like that one while you learn and ask questions live 24/5.

Yes you may need to even learn the meaning and abbreviations of that setup callout. The first thing I'll tell you about the callout's meaning, it means you are on your way and the search is over. How can we complain about learning this process once and for all compared to endless trial and learning endless systems which don't work consistently or at all?

So tell me all of you, IS it me? I stick to my guns and say there are plenty out there that think there is a free lunch. I'll certainly concede that there are probably a small group who have stumbled but that need nothing more than to get serious enough to find the obstacle and bust it. I want to warn you that you will not be able to just use the pirated ebook. The forum has the goodies and the ebook just gets your basic training started. If that accounts for anyone's trouble that is not the developer's fault. When I got the system it was explained right on the download page that I needed both and to just give a light read of the ebook and then get on the getting started post of the forum and from there the links fanned out to cover the layout.

Peace my friends ;)

PS - I am editing to add that ForexMike will probably thank me for this post. No, THANK YOU friend!

Edited by retry99

^:)^^:)^^:)^

I totally agree with my friend retry99. The thread has been inactive when it should be one of the most active threads on this forum. This is one of the most reliable pip income manually traded systems and people tend to shy away from it because a few disgruntled traders gave up on learning the system too early and then post how hard it is.

As stated above, it you give the system a try, you are likely to become a very successful trader. We know it's not the low price that is pushing you away from trying because if you can't afford the cost of the system, you shouldn't be trading the forex.

What the successful traders that know the system have in common is that we like the STAR System and that we are trying to encourage others to check out the system too. There is no hidden agenda for us to post on this thread other than to say "Here it is....and it works!".

The STAR as mentioned, comes with a forum that gives the added training information that goes beyond what you don't see in the training material. This info is fantastic. The forum is really not that active and one should look at the forum as a training material storage and share. We subscribe to the threads we like and are notified by email when someone posts new information to those threads.

I've been trading for a loooonnng time now and I have NEVER seen a thread that has great members making postings that are trying to encourage other traders to learn the system. Yes we push but it's because the system works. Find one single trader that can say that he purchased the system and the system didn't work. You can't, and that is because it does work. The only gripes are that some are unable to learn it. Now ask yourself, if you KNEW you could make $50,000 + a year trading the system, wouldn't you do whatever it took to learn the system? Don't ask for statements from successful traders since no two traders trade alike. Don't ask for average pip counts since contrary to most traders, it's not the pips that makes money, it's the traders lot sizes they trade.

Tom Hennessy is way beyond his times and is a genius in my opinion. He developed the best manually traded forex system 4 years ago because he has a big heart and wanted to share a very promising forex system with others. No one would take it seriously if he sold his system for a small price and he started selling it for $100. The system now sells for $267 and is still extremely cheap compared to it's worth. If you can't afford the price, then stick with those lower price less effective trading systems.

Some will ask why we can't share the system and to answer that, the system is coded to one's computer and can't be shared. The only way to obtain a real working trading system is to purchase it.

I'm one of those traders that skip the simple trading systems and go directly to those that are more complicated. When I found the STAR System, I found the system that looked challenging at first glance but I also knew that this was the direction I was going to take.

Ten different traders can name ten different systems that they swear is the best. How many of the other nine can say that their system has no complaints that the system doesn't work? Think of the odds.

Retry99 and forexMike great post's

what i want to add to people who for the first time see charts from STAR and think Wow that looks way to messy all those lines everyone tells us to look for a KISS system so why does it have to be so many lines.

wel i agree for the untrained eye it looks messy and u could also say why using EMA SMA HMA those are laging indicators right.

I would say yes u are right but that is if u use them as just moving average lines and with STAR wel we do it differently.

firstly the latest templates are not ordinary moving average lines anymore.

There where the build in EMA SMA can only use whole numbers the STAR versions can go as far as 5digits so normal u could only use like number 5 12 200 enz we can also do 5.00001 or for example 1.618

then this is not a system where u watch some lines to cross over and then u go long or short no that would be way to laging and subjective.

In STAR all those lines are based on Fibonacci numbers and we need those fib numbers at some point in the setup we use like 9 different fib levels thats why we have so many lines times 2.

also a unique point of STAR where in other system u use different timeframes to find your setup and where u are limited to the amount of timeframes available in your platform.

With STAR we let the market tell us what the timeframe wil be Yes STAR tells us if we need to go from M30 to H1 or something inbetwean so where others use for example M30 or H1 we can also emulate M33 or H1.45 or even M0.06 u name it thats why we have those upgraded moving average's

the last few days i am personaly learning Stijjn the STAR system because he had problems with it .

now i think i can say he already understand most of it and wil not say anymore that all those lines are just a bowl of spaghetti his Eyes are opend.

Greets

Gert

Retry99 and forexMike great post's

what i want to add to people who for the first time see charts from STAR and think Wow that looks way to messy all those lines everyone tells us to look for a KISS system so why does it have to be so many lines.

wel i agree for the untrained eye it looks messy and u could also say why using EMA SMA HMA those are laging indicators right.

I would say yes u are right but that is if u use them as just moving average lines and with STAR wel we do it differently.

firstly the latest templates are not ordinary moving average lines anymore.

There where the build in EMA SMA can only use whole numbers the STAR versions can go as far as 5digits so normal u could only use like number 5 12 200 enz we can also do 5.00001 or for example 1.618

then this is not a system where u watch some lines to cross over and then u go long or short no that would be way to laging and subjective.

In STAR all those lines are based on Fibonacci numbers and we need those fib numbers at some point in the setup we use like 9 different fib levels thats why we have so many lines times 2.

also a unique point of STAR where in other system u use different timeframes to find your setup and where u are limited to the amount of timeframes available in your platform.

With STAR we let the market tell us what the timeframe wil be Yes STAR tells us if we need to go from M30 to H1 or something inbetwean so where others use for example M30 or H1 we can also emulate M33 or H1.45 or even M0.06 u name it thats why we have those upgraded moving average's

the last few days i am personaly learning Stijjn the STAR system because he had problems with it .

now i think i can say he already understand most of it and wil not say anymore that all those lines are just a bowl of spaghetti his Eyes are opend.

Greets

Gert

This is so true,

I must say, I was very pessimistic about this system and honestly the problem was not the system.

The problem was me. To all the non believers out there, the only thing that I can say to you is

give it a fair chance, no free meals like the other guy is saying.

If it don't work, take a break but don't give up to learning this beauty.

If you get frustrated in not understanding, take a break but don't give up learning this pearl.

And most importently (my biggest mistake)don't be to proud to ASK for help !!!!

If you realy dedicate your mind and some time to it, it will not be years but couple of weeks and maybe some months to make it your second nature.

For me, its now 2 weeks and a couple of hours a day with Gert.

I'm not there yet, but there comes a time when you start to see that every criteria and line and color is there for a reason.

When you start seeing that, then you realy get motivated.

Hi ForexMike,

I remember reading somewhere else that you use the same H4 tpl all the time for your trading. Which one is it? Would you be kind enough to post a pic?

Thanks

Gianni

The best way to get the most accurate trading opportunities is to use the rules set forth by Tom in his instructional materials. The purpose of this thread is to try to invite new traders to try this fantastic system and discuss any questions they may have and try to help them with any problems they may run into.

When a student joins the STAR Forum, they will find many great learning materials that will help them overcome training obstacles. One of our members developed and with Tom's approval, included many templates that we call, X-Factor Templates. I'm testing a few at the moment and found one I particularly like for the 4H charts.

This is a picture of the EUR/USD current 4H chart. Again, this is being tested by me. This is not meant to deviate from Tom's instructions on how to trade the system which are more accurate.

My Test Chart: http://imageshack.us/a/img832/2873/53634749.gif

Green arrows are heads up only. Purple arrows are formed at the end of candles and are signals to enter on next forming candles. One must know how to read candle entries to understand candle formations.

This thread is dedicated to answering questions related to Tom's instructional pdf's. One should learn this system from the beginning in order to get a full understanding on how it works. Questions about the templates I'm testing can only be asked via pm only since we must keep continuity to prevent confusion on this great thread. One must crawl before they learn to walk...so to speak.

If you are advanced enough to where you fully understand Tom's System, then feel free to pm me to discuss the X-Factor Templates, but let's not discuss them on this thread.

Thanks for understanding

Edited by ForexMike