S.T.A.R (SuperTradeSystem) Trading System

I also bought the star system and didn't understand one thing about it.

I subscribed to the chatroom and watchlist extra payment per month but didn't helped me either.

My personal opinion is that the author of the system don't understand the system himself.

They use al kind of terms I couldn't figure out what was what??

I payed allot of money for it and all you get is a ebook with nothing in it, the system itself you have to figure out in the chatroom and posts posted by "members" ??

Maybe I will try later because it was so costly, but very little info is provided to learn it.

ps. I get realy mad when reading Floridatraders posts about this system.

I also bought the system on recomandation here in this forum 'how good it is and so on...'

But the truth is that I lost allot of money buying this system and never could put it to work, no support what so ever was provided.

Edited by stijjn

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FloridaTrader
I also bought the star system and didn't understand one thing about it.

I subscribed to the chatroom and watchlist extra payment per month but didn't helped me either.

My personal opinion is that the author of the system don't understand the system himself.

They use al kind of terms I couldn't figure out what was what??

I payed allot of money for it and all you get is a ebook with nothing in it, the system itself you have to figure out in the chatroom and posts posted by "members" ??

Maybe I will try later because it was so costly, but very little info is provided to learn it.

ps. I get realy mad when reading Floridatraders posts about this system.

I also bought the system on recomandation here in this forum 'how good it is and so on...'

But the truth is that I lost allot of money buying this system and never could put it to work, no support what so ever was provided.

Hey my friend

Prior to your purchasing the system, I stated that the system was difficult for some traders and I recommended that only experienced traders purchase the system. If you purchased the system too early in your forex journey, you shouldn't be angry at me. (I actually commend you for trying though).

I have read many complaints from traders that didn't understand the system, and you are the very first to state that the developer doesn't understand his own system. If this was the case, how are many traders successfully making a great living trading the system?

The developer gives excellent support and does so promptly. The training material tells you to contact the developer if you have any questions, no need to assume that no support is given?

The fact is that the system can be learned and that if you give it time, you will put all the pieces together and understand the system theory. Many have done so and are thankful they didn't give up. I have faith in you and you can do the same. Hint: Those that understand the system are doing very well. Try to find one complaint from someone that fully understands the system and states the system doesn't work...you can't. Only complaints are from those that don't understand the system.

I had to read the instructional material a few times before I fully understood it. I had the mindset that if others could learn the system, I could too. I found a quiet place where I wouldn't be interrupted and studied the system and after a few weeks of reading the material and looking at the charts, it "CLICKED".

Keep trying, it will "CLICK" for you my friend! Don't give up, I have faith in you!

Something to think about..I paid 16K USD for the Nexgen T-3 Trading System and paid just a few hundred for the STAR System. The STAR System gives more accurate trading signals than the 16K USD system I purchased.

Edited by FloridaTrader

To all:

S.T.A.R system is VERY VERY profitable but, only for the seller....ha ha ha...STAR is designed to bring money only to your creator.

(Initially money for buying system,monthly fee, additionally pays etc. etc.)

Please don't fool the people here...Wasting time with such systems will deviate from the path of learning process.

ALL systems in this forum are profitable but, IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES...

When you know how to trade with 1 or max 2 indicators (no with this big bowl of spaghetti like STAR) then you will be pro.

We will no need from gurus like Tom or Steve or Bob etc. to holding our hand while we trying to find set ups.

And btw, only this type of trading is profitable and it is not hard to learning, we only need practice and screen monitoring.

Guys, i have 200 000$ software, someone want buy it? Maybe FloridaTrader ? It is very profitable, i promise.

Edited by mashki

Sorry English is not my native language.

I generally avoid conflict or arguments on the forum.

But I must honestly say that STAR is one of the rare methods I have found profitable for me.

However, I must also be honest to say that, it took me almost THREE YEARS to come to understand and now feel comfortable to trade STAR.

And I will even agree that the ebook by itself is very difficult to read, and by itself is not the full method. (The full criteria are detailed and quantified within STAR forum posts);

And also to first timer, the spaghetti moving average lines can be massively confusing.

I am probably a slow learner, almost three years. So it is NOT an easy method to understand, and took much time and efforts on my end to understand how this works.

For me initially, who feels uncomfortable in paying a monthly fee to join the premium section before I can understand and trade this, I have found a lot of learning and understanding can come from:

- reading in the free section of the STAR forum (all the detailed criteria already there), and many of my questions were already asked by others before and answered there too; and

- asking Tom directly for clarifying many questions (and he has ALWAYS taken much time to answer in details all my questions over the years);

- I was also lucky that some friends here on Indo helped me in private to understand STAR, but I respect their wish to remain under the radar so will not mention them by name.

For myself, I finally joined the premium section, because by that time I was convinced of STAR's validity in my own trading. So paying additionally for the premium content was a no brainer for me.

The collaborative watchlist, as well as live chat where experienced members and the author try to answer questions live, made this worthwhile for me.

Although I like to find my own set-ups, but following the watchlist has added many more setups to my own trading, which has benefited my bottom line.

I think most of the disagreements from the posts in this thread are probably from the fact that different people learn and trade differently. While some can learn STAR in days, it took me YEARS to do the same thing. Also if one is too familiar with a certain style of trading (for example, some likes indicators, others like trend line bounces, still others like pure price action on naked chart, etc.) trading STAR does also require a major "paradigm-shift" in thinking about trade set-up. This method just simply does not match well with any other type of trading philosophy. It is unique in its own. Although it is based somewhat on Elliott Waves, it is also entirely different from standard EW trading, you do not count wave, as an example.

In short, I like to encourage anyone who is already learning it, to give it time. And there are plenty of help available in the STAR forum if you are stuck. And for those who find this is just not a match for your trading style, then put it in your archive folder. Who knows, perhaps in a few years time, like me, you will come back and appreciate this more.

Guest FloridaTrader

Guys, i have 200 000$ software, someone want buy it? Maybe FloridaTrader ? It is very profitable, i promise.

$200,000 for software, sounds somewhat steep. I recall a similar priced EA being sold on Ebay which promises 1% return yearly and wants the cash to be sent to an island off Mexico.

Edited by FloridaTrader

Guest FloridaTrader
hey dude that was joke...

I know buddy, sorry if it was taken otherwise. I know you're in great standing and you are an excellent contributor to this forum and well respected by me and everyone else. Now I feel bad you thought I was serious.

There is too much serious news going on in the world today and it feels good to be able to have a little fun on here. I hope you made a lot of pips this week and do even better next week my friend.

@t Floridatrader ;

Thank you for calling me your friend and keep encourage me to learn it.

What I mean with the developer doesn't understand its own system comes from;

Everyday I readed the chatroom, it was like everyone was contra to eachother (one guy said its a valid setup, the other one said no it isn't).

Nothing made sense , the biggest problem was that everyone uses some kind of code language that made me crazy,

the same problem was for the watchlist, I figured out if I don't understand the system then I would just follow the watchlist, yes? But that also was in codes that I didn't understand (WHY don't use normal words ???) its liked you guys are getting high on the more difficult it is to understand the better.

Ok,maybe its my fault for not asking questions but I didn't know where to begin, nothing made sense.

and you guys in the chatroom where speaking chinese for me, so I didn't bothered.

Like you said, maybe I will try again to understand but first you guys must make a dictionary what all the abbreviations mean.

Do you know how confusing that is, for the new guys.

But thank you for keep pushing me to learn the system, it gives me a positive feeling about it if members encourage eachother.

@t Hankt80;

There maybe some truth in your reply, but its like you're not only trading the STAR system but that you are THE STAR.

You realy like yourself don't you , I can tell.

Please understand that there are also new guys that don't have the BIG trade experiences that you have and are willing to learn

something new; that being said, I'm not so new in this game as you may think but yes I don't understand "MP and flip/cut" and allot of things. I guess you where a STAR before you joined the STAR system.

Ok serious now; What I mean with no support what so ever was provided =

- You can't learn anything in the ebook provided at purchase.

- The forum is like 1 big maze for the new guy (=me).

- Tom must know himself that it is very difficult to learn, still I didn't get 1 mail from him. if everything was ok.

You say he is holding your hand every step of the way. (not mine).

@t dukeaugustus;

Reading your post, it inspire me allot to try learning it again and maybe start to understand.

You are all 3 clearly members of the system,

maybe you can give me some tips on the first babysteps for learning the system.

With what should I start?

Guest FloridaTrader

stijjn

Thanks for replying back. The forum group is unique and the only way I can explain the foreign (like) language that we use is that these are advanced traders that chat in a manner that sounds unlike anything you read in other forums. Traders have their own unique way of talking, like lawyers and doctors do. This is one reason why I recommend those that have forex experience should buy the system and check it out. I was an experienced trader when I purchased the system. There was a time when I wasn't an advanced trader and when I heard a word, term or a financial phrase I didn't understand, I grabbed a dictionary from the internet and looked it up. This was the best way to learn. I was a student of the forex many moons ago and to this day, I'm still a student of the forex and I will always learn something new.

The STAR System didn't come easy for me nor for anyone else that purchased it. What is confusing to me was that there is no actual starting point for the system. You must become very familiar with the system instructions and open up several charts (all different currency pairs) and then try to determine at what point of the chart are you currently at. Once you determine the position of the trade you are in, you tend to try to monitor the trade at that point on. Being as complicated as it is, and trust me, no one is saying the system is easy to learn, it's hard for an experienced trader to teach someone the system. This is due to many traders not being at the same forex experience level as the one that now knows the system. It could take weeks and months for an experienced trader to teach someone the system and that is if they communicate on a daily basis and there is no way to teach in a live mode using charts.

The only encouragement we can give is that the system "IS" learnable. The system does work and is very profitable. I'm a subscribed member of the forum but I don't participate in the chatroom portion of the forum. There is a lot of material that students that have struggled during their training phase, shares with new students to help with their training.

I agree with your statement where you don't know where to begin with your questions...and this is because the forex system doesn't actually have a beginning point. What I recommend is that you "GRAB" all the material in the beginner and advanced sections of the forum and print them off and make a notebook along with the training material pdf's and study it over and over until it "Clicks". There WILL be many times that you will want to give up while reading it..trust me, everyone has wanted to give up at one point or another. The trick is that you should not give up but to give yourself a mental break. Most elementary, high school, college and university courses don't run over 45 minutes in length because we then begin to lose our interest, mental concentration and our batteries begin to drain. I suggest you don't study the course for more than this same length of time.

Make the suggested notebook that I mentioned and on the first page, using a blank sheet of paper, write "Others have learned this system and I too will do it". Include a second sentence too "Those that learned the system have moved onto becomming a profitable forex trader". Let this be the first thing you always read when you open your notebook. This would serve as a great motivation for you.

I hope this helps my friend!

p.s. btw, I have a feeling that you will be a successful student and become a profitable trader.

edit: it seems while I was writing this post, FloridaTrader already responded to some of stijjn's questions. And I ditto FloridaTrader's response that this is learnable. But will take some time.

. . ., the biggest problem was that everyone uses some kind of code language that made me crazy,

the same problem was for the watchlist, I figured out if I don't understand the system then I would just follow the watchlist, yes? But that also was in codes that I didn't understand (WHY don't use normal words ???) its liked you guys are getting high on the more difficult it is to understand the better.

. . .

@t dukeaugustus;

Reading your post, it inspire me allot to try learning it again and maybe start to understand.

You are all 3 clearly members of the system,

maybe you can give me some tips on the first babysteps for learning the system.

With what should I start?

Hi stijjn. Although I do not consider myself any expert yet, but I would like to offer a few suggestions:

(1) For the "codes" I assume you are referring to the abbreviations that are used in the forum and live chat. They can be confusing if you have not had a chance to read through the STAR forum yet. You can find definitions to most of the abbreviations used in a thread called "Conventions and Abbreviations". That thread is located in the regular members' section of the Supertraders forum > Member Forum > Conventions and Abbreviations. You should be able to locate it on the main Member Forum page, somewhere down to the middle of the page.

(2) I would also encourage you, to have the patience and time to read through at least the main threads and posts in the supertrader forum. You would find many of your questions and confusions are already answered there.

(3) I guess you are similar to me at the beginning, you also like to "lurk" in the background of their live chat for a long time, and worry about asking questions that may sound "silly" or "dumb". But the truth is, I think you will find that, once you start posting your questions there, you will find many members to be happy to try to answer them for you. For example, if you don't understand anything they were talking about, just ask them. I have never seen anyone ask any question there to receive anything but friendly, and sometimes even enthusiastic answers and help.

Although it is true that sometimes different members may have different opinions about certain setups. That is simply there is a deep learning curve for knowing the setup. And usually the author Tom or someone with more experience will confirm or clarify any seeming discrepencies about understanding any setups. The good thing is, the setup requirements are very precise. The difficult thing is, those same requirements can be very time-consuming to go through and verify. This accounts for most, if not all, of the errors I see when members put up their setups on the watchlist. But it is part of the learning curve for new members. And we are improving all the time.

No matter what, good luck.

Edited by dukeaugustus

Guest FloridaTrader
Thank you both;

I will begin try learning it again.

Thank you.

One more thing my friend. Read the instructions from the absolute beginning (obviously), but when you run into something you don't understand, don't continue any further because it will frustrate you. When you run into a paragraph you don't understand, go back a few paragraphs and re-read it again until it makes sense then continue on. I found this to be my problem when I started. It was at these confusion areas that I took my break and returned a few hours later. It's like putting puzzle pieces together, one piece at a time, but it will form a picture you will understand.

Good Luck!

I come back every 6 months or more to this thread and nothing has changed.

I have been in other forums where STAR has been discussed and it is all the same:

From 100 buyers, about 3 really understand the system.

Some of those 3 % need years to understand it, others months and maybe some

a few weeks only.

Those who understand the system and trade it all confirm that it is profitable.

There is no question about it and no reason whatsoever to doubt their testimony.

I have met many experienced traders and I have about 8 years of experience in Forex too,

but 97% of them were like me: Their brain stayed blocked and the STAR system remained

a riddle.

I tried many times again and again but never understood it.

Well, you may call me a ****** man if you are happy doing this, but I have to tell you

that I studied on University (successfull) and in some occupations I was one of the best students in my country, which should tell you that I am not as ****** as you might assume.

I could write a big analysis about the reasons why my brain never understood the STAR system, but why should I do it ?

I know it is possible for at least 3 % to grasp and understand it and if I would invest

more time and more sweat and all of that, I probably would understand it too,

but I will not due to private reasons.

Last word to those who understood and trade STAR profitable:

Try to relax and to not condemn or demean those 97 out of 100 who don´t get it.

Not all are ****** or lazy and it is not your job to call them lazy or ****** because

you don´t know why they cannot overcome the obstacles like you did.

Become a millionnaire and become a blessing to the world.

Hi there people

wel i also want to add something

i am a member of STAR since 2008 and it did take me also a few years to learn this system.

but especialy in the beginning we only had the PTS and the STS system and those have some very hard criteria's and are very rare to apear latly due to the market beeing to jumpy

but for the last few years we also have the 52's Setups (CSA) and those happen all the time and are also a bit easyer to find.

for the most part it is the same as a PTS setup only some criteria's are less strickt

they are afcourse not 100% but with good risk managment it is very profitable

i am a very simple guy my english is also mostly basic u wil see it in how i write most post .

but i know how STAR works so a few weeks ago i made a post on the STAR Forum ( in the premium member area).

and i called it ( How i find my setups) it is i think easyer to read at some parts and written for the 52 setups.

i am sorry that i cant say muck about it in here but for the people who stil have access take a look at that post and dont be afraid to ask question in the Chat we won't bite.

so for people who have question about star here some

the good part

u can find setups on any timeframe there is so for people who like to find setups all the time and sorta like to scalp u can do it

also for people who don't like to be glue'd to the screen all day they can look for setup at the slower timeframes.

if u get a triggerd setup then u know exactly to where to place your Stop entry and exicts.

u also know if a setup has a good risk reward so if it is not at least have a risk reward of 1:1 just skip it

ones u are in a trade and the first target has been reached then u are save u have to move some stops but nothing can happen anymore

u also dont have to follow the News or anything els the whole setup is made out of 4-5 parts and all of them are if u understand them YES or NO no subjective parts ( do we have a MP YES/NO do we have a flip YES/NO do we have a Cut YES/NO do we have a pulback YES/NO enz).

the bad part

wel it is a bit hard to learn but now we have more and more experienced Traders in the chat it is for new members easyer to learn they get more help then before.

in the beginning u have to remember a lot of Abbreviations and u need to know how to check some critical parts of a setup but in a while it wil become second nature and finding setups then only takes minuts.

also a hard part is the 52 setup are not 100% sucsesfull and it can happen that u get caught in a loosing strike and then u wil know what type of trader u are that wil happen with any system but remember a good trade gives u easely 10+% profit and only risk max 3% or what u like to risk

there is only 1 thing i stil need to make the triggered trades much easyer to follow and that is a Trade manager i did ask in this forum and on other forums about programmers if they could build it but so far no real response

So i am thinking of buying a person who makes a custom trade manager a STAR system and give him a personal Training.

PS not sure if i can post a link in here but Tom did tell a bit more about STAR a few weeks ago and explained a bit more read this

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/trading-systems/1882-supertradesystem-com-22.html

Greets

Gert

Edited by freakgib

You've got PM freakgib

Hi there people

wel i also want to add something

i am a member of STAR since 2008 and it did take me also a few years to learn this system.

but especialy in the beginning we only had the PTS and the STS system and those have some very hard criteria's and are very rare to apear latly due to the market beeing to jumpy

but for the last few years we also have the 52's Setups (CSA) and those happen all the time and are also a bit easyer to find.

for the most part it is the same as a PTS setup only some criteria's are less strickt

they are afcourse not 100% but with good risk managment it is very profitable

i am a very simple guy my english is also mostly basic u wil see it in how i write most post .

but i know how STAR works so a few weeks ago i made a post on the STAR Forum ( in the premium member area).

and i called it ( How i find my setups) it is i think easyer to read at some parts and written for the 52 setups.

i am sorry that i cant say muck about it in here but for the people who stil have access take a look at that post and dont be afraid to ask question in the Chat we won't bite.

so for people who have question about star here some

the good part

u can find setups on any timeframe there is so for people who like to find setups all the time and sorta like to scalp u can do it

also for people who don't like to be glue'd to the screen all day they can look for setup at the slower timeframes.

if u get a triggerd setup then u know exactly to where to place your Stop entry and exicts.

u also know if a setup has a good risk reward so if it is not at least have a risk reward of 1:1 just skip it

ones u are in a trade and the first target has been reached then u are save u have to move some stops but nothing can happen anymore

u also dont have to follow the News or anything els the whole setup is made out of 4-5 parts and all of them are if u understand them YES or NO no subjective parts ( do we have a MP YES/NO do we have a flip YES/NO do we have a Cut YES/NO do we have a pulback YES/NO enz).

the bad part

wel it is a bit hard to learn but now we have more and more experienced Traders in the chat it is for new members easyer to learn they get more help then before.

in the beginning u have to remember a lot of Abbreviations and u need to know how to check some critical parts of a setup but in a while it wil become second nature and finding setups then only takes minuts.

also a hard part is the 52 setup are not 100% sucsesfull and it can happen that u get caught in a loosing strike and then u wil know what type of trader u are that wil happen with any system but remember a good trade gives u easely 10+% profit and only risk max 3% or what u like to risk

there is only 1 thing i stil need to make the triggered trades much easyer to follow and that is a Trade manager i did ask in this forum and on other forums about programmers if they could build it but so far no real response

So i am thinking of buying a person who makes a custom trade manager a STAR system and give him a personal Training.

PS not sure if i can post a link in here but Tom did tell a bit more about STAR a few weeks ago and explained a bit more read this

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/trading-systems/1882-supertradesystem-com-22.html

Greets

Gert

ForexMike is a really bad person; I was one of the people who were mailed then cursed at and even threatened that he is some ex military militia,lol;

I am sorry hank either you are another login forexmike or you have been voodood by him; but forexmike is no trader; traders especially successful will be HAPPY.....

An example why one shouldn't do drugs...

O.K I think I have to say something here...

MJ did not delete any posts in the S.T.A.R Journal thread either. That is completely false information. ForexMike deleted all his own posts in one of his usual rages, as can be confirmed by any Moderator or member for that matter at WWi. End of discussion.

O.K...So, I really think everyone here at Indo would appreciate if we got back on topic and maybe shared ideas about S.T.A.R.

@ianf0ster I think members here, including myself would really appreciate if you posted some charts of your setups using S.T.A.R. Nobody is going to delete them here or at WWi for that matter, so please share! I haven't traded the system myself but would like to learn more about it so let's go. :)

Onbongo

The topic would be on topic if you ceased your immature postings. If you have a problem on your forum with members, don't bring it over here and interrupt the thread...GROW UP!

Now to continue this great thread without the interruptions of these two that feel like attacking this thread... I see that the STAR Forum is growing and the materials shared are more useful for the members needing help. Those that purchased the system should take advantage of the forum and print off the material and make a notebook which will help with the learning phase of the course.

What I really like about the system is that I haven't seen a single posting from anyone that took the course and fully understood it and stated that the system doesn't work. After 4 years of existence, this is a remarkable feat. Let's make this thread active again since it's the best trading system in my opinion.