usd basket

Also, one key thing to remember with a multi-pair EA trading off of a single chart is that it needs ticks. This means that if the USDJPY pair is trading slowly, the EA could miss some action going on in the other crosses. This is easily remedied by running a tick generator on your PC/VPS that sends ticks to your MT4 platforms at a set interval, eliminating this problem. I use the linked one live:

http://www.multiupload.com/TWTALVDZJQ

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, one key thing to remember with a multi-pair EA trading off of a single chart is that it needs ticks. This means that if the USDJPY pair is trading slowly, the EA could miss some action going on in the other crosses. This is easily remedied by running a tick generator on your PC/VPS that sends ticks to your MT4 platforms at a set interval, eliminating this problem. I use the linked one live:

http://www.multiupload.com/TWTALVDZJQ

Hi:

Can you link more than 1 account?

Would you give us short version of how to use this software? I installed, but don't know how to link this to the account that I am trading.

Edited by fx4_ever

This is the tick sender I use, standalone exe that sends ticks to any mt4 platform you have open. Not sure what the other one is, I didn't check it out, but this one has been around a long time and works perfectly for me for years now.

http://www.4shared.com/file/btXLjoRz/MT4_Tick_Sender.html

Enjoy

On another note: I have finally figured out how this ea closes for target. It's based on used margin, not free margin (maybe I misread that earlier in the thread). So if I am using $400 margin right now, and have my target set at .2, it will close out all trades at $80 profit. That was confusing me :)

This is the tick sender I use, standalone exe that sends ticks to any mt4 platform you have open. Not sure what the other one is, I didn't check it out, but this one has been around a long time and works perfectly for me for years now.

http://www.4shared.com/file/btXLjoRz/MT4_Tick_Sender.html

Enjoy

On another note: I have finally figured out how this ea closes for target. It's based on used margin, not free margin (maybe I misread that earlier in the thread). So if I am using $400 margin right now, and have my target set at .2, it will close out all trades at $80 profit. That was confusing me :)

Thanks, it may not work if running more than 1 MT4 account on same PC. I will test it out and see.

Yeah, target is based on used margin, not free margin. A few discussion on this earlier post.

It is a standalone piece of software, so no issues with linking to a specific account. Just run the *.exe file and then double click the icon on your desktop. The software automatically generates ticks for every open MT4 platform on your system; no extra configuration necessary.

Thanks, I will do that.

This is another topic. I have 'old tick' message. Do you know how to get rid of this message? Oanda demo is very bad about this. I am not sure EA doesn't seem to open trade when I get 'old tick' message. I am not 100% sure if this is the reason or not, but nonetheless, it is annoying message and would like to get rid of the message if possible.

Our tick senders are probably the exact same then, and yes it sends ticks to everything. I usually have about 10 platforms running, and one instance of the tick sender handles them all.

Old tick errors are broker data feed issue, no way to fix that I know of other than changing brokers :(

Thanks, I will do that.

This is another topic. I have 'old tick' message. Do you know how to get rid of this message? Oanda demo is very bad about this. I am not sure EA doesn't seem to open trade when I get 'old tick' message. I am not 100% sure if this is the reason or not, but nonetheless, it is annoying message and would like to get rid of the message if possible.

When there is an Old Tick error no new positions open.sometimes don't close either.

When there is an Old Tick error no new positions open.sometimes don't close either.

Yeah, I noticed all kinds of trouble when there is 'Old tick' error. If it is live feed, I would call support, but it's demo, so I am letting it go. I closed/re-open MT4 and it seem to clear it. I remember someone told me how to clear this, but don't know where I saw that post nor remember how to... :(

Originally Posted by jshear

Hi guys I have been running this EA on demo with very good suceess. I loaded it now on live with very small lots but I find when it runs with other trades this messes up the closure of a basket of open orders. Is anyone else having issues running it with other EAs?

Thanks

Jeff

This has already been discussed at length

Don't mix the EA with any other kind of trades...be it another EA or manual

DON'T DO THAT

edit:

with most of the brokers you can have more than one account

so open a subaccount, load it with as much money you want to risk with this EA and let it run there

Yes. The key point here is that, as I mentioned in a previous post, the closing of the trades depends on the AccountMargin(); that is the locked Margin. So any other EAs or manual trading on the account will affect this and upset the normal working of this EA.

On a side note, but possibly misunderstood point, the reason MT4 cannot back test a basket EA, is because entries/exits (on the pair being back tested) are controlled by orders on pairs other than the pair being back tested. The back tester wasn't designed for this.

When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost

There is no TP problem. You are adding undue risk/problems/trouble when running more than one EA per account; it is foolishness. You are only asking for trouble.

You must assume your demo accounts are real money. You can't screw around by adding risk of any kind.

Your rule should be one EA per account. Many EAs support multiple instances per pair but that's different.

If you have to add brokers or your broker will allow multiple accounts, then that's what you do. Do NOT run multiple EAs on one account.

You must only understand how the TP operates and that is discussed above.

What I want to know is why at least one instance of this EA has simply stopped operating.

I suppose this question is directed to 50pips- you seem to have been delegated by default as point man on this thing (sorry)..

You may also try downloading the platform on another drive and run this ea there. I learnt my lesson well, when one morning an ea opened many trades and chewed up over 40% of the account balance. The logs revealed that that the discrepancy lay with another ea I was running.

I'm having a problem across all 5 of my demos, no matter the the lot size, take profit or delta. Each demo runs into the problem on occasion of opening trades until a 100% margin level is reached and then the EA continues to try and open trades (with a popup showing order send failed, obviously due to the lack of margin) each time. I have adjusted the "Max_pair" setting down to 2 thinking this would help stop the opening of additional pairs but the EA will still try and open pairs until 100% margin is hit (7-8 pairs on occasion). Anyone else running into this issue?

Yes. The key point here is that, as I mentioned in a previous post, the closing of the trades depends on the AccountMargin(); that is the locked Margin. So any other EAs or manual trading on the account will affect this and upset the normal working of this EA.

Hi manganate,

You've post many good information. The way you explain things, I gather you must be a programmer.

May I ask this?

Can EA, such as this (basket) EA can have assigned Magic# and only read its margin used by assigned 'magic' # that belongs to this EA and close-all on those same 'magic#" when reaches TP = xx ?

I am not a programmer, so this may not be possible.

However, it seem possible to program this. If that is possible, then, we can add trade by manually or by other EA will not affect at closing.

BTW, this is just question in general for my own curiosity , not a request for the coding changes.

Regards,

Edited by fx4_ever
editing

OK, I set up six demos this evening on Oanda starting with $10000 and 50:1 leverage. Lot size is set at 0.10 per $5000 as has been previously discussed on the forum. Three of the demos are using delta of 300, with the other three at 350; TP for each delta is 0.25, 0.30, and 0.35, giving us the six demos. For those looking to follow along with my test, the MyFXBook links are posted below:

http://www.myfxbook.com/widgets/113779/large.jpg

http://www.myfxbook.com/widgets/113780/large.jpg

http://www.myfxbook.com/widgets/113781/large.jpg

http://www.myfxbook.com/widgets/113782/large.jpg

http://www.myfxbook.com/widgets/113783/large.jpg

http://www.myfxbook.com/widgets/113784/large.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how this goes during the next couple of weeks....

Other setting suggestions are welcome of course!

Edited by Chip4Pips

I'm running it on demo and doing copytrades to a live account.

Having what I suggested would be a lot easier to handle (i.e. define $ amount to base the trades and profitlevel on), so it could run i.e. with microlots on a big account together with other EA.

don't fix it, if it's not broken

the way the ea currently calculates the profit is absolutly save if it's running alone, because the relevant data is generated by the platform and not calculated inside the ea

Would you really go live with the ea if some coder gets his hands on it and changes the profit calc?

Or would you rather have to demo for some weeks or so and make a stress test?

I am trading 'live' account and it works fine 'AS IS'. Like 50pips and iwjw said earlier, why fix it when it isn't broken?

This EA makes good profit, but sometime, it goes 15-20% DD. If this DD is too high, then, you can lower the lot size. Just do your lot size to your comfort level and demo test. Leave it and forget it for awhile and see if it would work for you or not. If works, then, go live, if you don't like how it performs, then, this may not be the one that you are looking for. Everyone has their own trading plans and no matter what others said, if it isn't for you, it's time to move on.

I think Chip4pips has great idea. Set many demo as possible with different settings and see how it goes. :)

Just FYI.. different brokers will have different results. I have 2 live accounts that running this EA and both opens at different price and different times. Because Delta value are different from brokers to brokers.

Edited by fx4_ever

OK, I set up six demos this evening on Oanda starting with $10000 and 50:1 leverage. Lot size is set at 0.10 per $5000 as has been previously discussed on the forum. Three of the demos are using delta of 300, with the other three at 350; TP for each delta is 0.25, 0.30, and 0.35, giving us the six demos. For those looking to follow along with my test, the MyFXBook links are posted below:

Thanks for sharing yours, here is mine to add to the mix

Largest open dd thusfar at -$105 or 2%

the losses at the beginning were premature trades when I was trying to get the ea running properly.

http://www.myfxbook.com/widgets/114177/large.jpg

Edited by crushmy

I have mine running on a small test accout with 1K starting balance. Have it on for one day balance is now 1,036.00. I have 300 delta and .02 lots. TP is set currently at 30. Max drawdown was 17.00. Will increase lot size to .05 and continue testing.

Cheers

Jeff

for an account with 35 000 is it a good idea to put 1 lot ? Im not sure for the settings, is it correct to have cross 6,7, 8 on true and the other on false ?

run it with all settings on default

only two you can/should adjust are lotsize and delta

the greater delta the less trades will be opened, but the ea is trading "safer" positions

and for the lotsize....just try and learn