usd basket

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't somone say on the thread to trade it on demo until its into deep drawdown then take the same trades live to profit when they trade back ot something like that????

Well thats a great way of trading????? Use an EA to lose money then take the reverse trades to make money live. Awesome strategy NOT!! What happens when the trend continues another 200 pips in the same direction and you wen live. The AU trends well so if you did this method then sit on the sidelines and wait for a retrace. Wouldnt it make more sense not to use this EA cause it's not performing.

An EA should be making good trades not placing trades anywhere and everywhere waiting for a retrace with no SL's in place. If i were you i would think again?

Learn how to trade Forex and you will be far more successful in making money.

Well thats a great way of trading????? Use an EA to lose money then take the reverse trades to make money live. Awesome strategy NOT!! What happens when the trend continues another 200 pips in the same direction and you wen live. The AU trends well so if you did this method then sit on the sidelines and wait for a retrace. Wouldnt it make more sense not to use this EA cause it's not performing.

An EA should be making good trades not placing trades anywhere and everywhere waiting for a retrace with no SL's in place. If i were you i would think again?

Learn how to trade Forex and you will be far more successful in making money.

kappaforex, Who are you to critisice others??

Instead of ranting off Kappa, read my post correctly, where did i say reverse the trade, Seeing as i worked in the city for many years what makes you think that i'm not successful already???

Unlike yourself i'm not frightened of trading live and have no problem with drawdown, it is you that needs to learn how to read posts correctly before criticising others!!

Edited by ST_Fund

#342 Hi phasna,

Here is what I have observed:

The EA may open many positions (currently, mine has 14 open at close of business

Friday) and may cause a large DD. It seems to close 2 pairs at a time, when the

profit has reached the level you set it to in the externs.

The following work for me:

$5,000 Balance

0.1 Lots

After a week there are 14 positions held open, a DD of -$603, a Margin of 1560

and a Margin Level of 285%

#343 Hi fx4_ever,

This EA looks like it generates its own magic numbers on opening pairs of

trades, that is, a position is opened and assigned a magic number, then a second

position is opened with another magic number, and both magic numbers (and

positions) are related. When the 2 positions come into profit, they are closed

simultaneously via their magic numbers.

So it appears to already be doing what you are suggesting.

Note: I don't think there is anything wrong with having 2 USDCHF trades open in

the same direction, as long as they are not magic-numbered together.

You could write a sub-routine into the money management section to segregate a

portion of the account balance to be used for this EA only, but since the

original EA (the one I am using) has its money management based on Locked Margin

there would be problems. Locked Margin changes with number of positions opened

and is also usually Broker defined.

Hope that helps.

#423 Also, the various data goes into the EA, filling a set of arrays before it

can be used. This is why you need to leave it running for a few minutes, when

first starting, in order to fill the array (then allowing live).

#375 Hi iwjw,

I had the same problem when I started running this EA and I closed the trades.

Now I've reached the same stage - 14 open positions - but will persevere and see

where it takes me next week.

I think of this EA as stretching several elastic bands at once, in 3 dimensions,

then

trying to pull them into a specific shape (the profit) before collapsing

again.

Edited by manganate
spelling
When mind lingers in one place efficiency is lost

Thanks, manganate! I have been trading Grid method and Martingale very successfully for many years, so I am used to seeing DD. Also, having the MaxOpen = 8, my DD on this EA hasn't been too bad. Now, CFTC ruling, US brokers offers only 50:1 leverage, I no longer able to trade grid/martingale. I know that many of the traders shy away from Martingale, but ... well, that's another subject..

In any case, I am trying to adapt strategy that I can work around with new ruling (no same pair hedging, FIFO, lower leverage, etc.. name a few) and this EA may work for me. Your answers help me clarify some stuff and I appreciate it! Cheers!

Edited by fx4_ever

kappaforex, Who are you to critisice others??

Instead of ranting off Kappa, read my post correctly, where did i say reverse the trade, Seeing as i worked in the city for many years what makes you think that i'm not successful already???

Unlike yourself i'm not frightened of trading live and have no problem with drawdown, it is you that needs to learn how to read posts correctly before criticising others!!

hey ST_Fund im not criticising. I trade live buddy 1 and 2 lot contracts at a time to get my 20-40 pips a day. If i was -700 pips down live which would be $7000-$14000 DD on a 10k account i would not be happy at all( margined out) People need to realise when EA is working or not. Im expressing my point of view! Im sure many other forex traders would be kicking themselves if they had a -700 pips DD

No offence to you or anyone else for that matter! And what does working in the city have anything to do with what im saying / suggesting?

If you like this EA then go for it. Your call!

hey ST_Fund im not criticising. I trade live buddy 1 and 2 lot contracts at a time to get my 20-40 pips a day. If i was -700 pips down live which would be $7000-$14000 DD on a 10k account i would not be happy at all( margined out) People need to realise when EA is working or not. Im expressing my point of view! Im sure many other forex traders would be kicking themselves if they had a -700 pips DD

No offence to you or anyone else for that matter! And what does working in the city have anything to do with what im saying / suggesting?

If you like this EA then go for it. Your call!

Fair enough Kappa but your last sentance was "Learn how to trade Forex and you will be far more successful in making money" !!, and i was just informing you i have no problem trading forex and have plenty of experience as a city trader for many years thanks!!

ST

In any case, I am trying to adapt strategy that I can work around with new ruling (no same pair hedging, FIFO, lower leverage, etc.. name a few) and this EA may work for me. Your answers help me clarify some stuff and I appreciate it! Cheers!

Nice, new NFA rules are a bit of a hassle for me since I'm in the US too. Good luck with your strategy, I'd be interested in hearing how it goes or forward testing it.

Thanks, manganate! I have been trading Grid method and Martingale very successfully for many years, so I am used to seeing DD. Also, having the MaxOpen = 8, my DD on this EA hasn't been too bad. Now, CFTC ruling, US brokers offers only 50:1 leverage, I no longer able to trade grid/martingale. I know that many of the traders shy away from Martingale, but ... well, that's another subject..

Of course you know that in statistics & probability, Martingale will ultimately fail. It's a bit like the lotto, but in reverse; one day your number will come up!

The strategy I use to get around those rulings is to live outside the USA. :)

This EA is great.

I'm keeping it still on demo, and today when DD was close to BE (0pips), I put exacly same trades manually on my live account, but.. in opposed direction. Made 500pips in couple of hours :) ...

Polleczko, I had also an idea of waiting on demo for the moment when DD is become zero and opening orders on live ...but it is not clear what direction.. ....please elaborate

your method.

Thanks

Polleczko, I had also an idea of waiting on demo for the moment when DD is become zero and opening orders on live ...but it is not clear what direction.. ....please elaborate

your method.

Thanks

Market is changing all the time, for example 3 weeks ago, I was waiting for DD around 200-250pips, to put exacly same trades on live (like 50pips said), and it easly went back to 200-250pips profit, then about 1,5week ago something changed, and DD can go now for even 1500pips DD, so there is much risk to put same trades when DD reach 500 or 1000pips because it can go into deeper DD.

I've noticed many times that, when EA goes into some big DD, and comes back to break even it won't close trades with profit, but went into big DD again, especially when it is morning, and then I put same trades on live, but into oposed direction. Today was about +700pips max to get.

I think that this is temporary thing, because market is changing all the time, and it is to short time to tell, that trading method is safe.

Market is changing all the time, for example 3 weeks ago, I was waiting for DD around 200-250pips, to put exacly same trades on live (like 50pips said), and it easly went back to 200-250pips profit, then about 1,5week ago something changed, and DD can go now for even 1500pips DD, so there is much risk to put same trades when DD reach 500 or 1000pips because it can go into deeper DD.

I've noticed many times that, when EA goes into some big DD, and comes back to break even it won't close trades with profit, but went into big DD again, especially when it is morning, and then I put same trades on live, but into oposed direction. Today was about +700pips max to get.

I think that this is temporary thing, because market is changing all the time, and it is to short time to tell, that trading method is safe.

Yea..this is the issue with all basket systems...we never know direction...

Friends is there any way to switch off or remove usdchf from this ea?

its mostly usdchf where things went wrong with it on demos here.it did open 1.4090 long eurusd but its the usdchf paired against usdcad for example where chf gained about 600 pips and cad gained nothing.

i mean it can be worth it to have a functional ea without the usdchf part in the code.

If EA can be modified to close on 'pairs' if 'pairs > xx, it would be great. That way, 2 of the pair that are open can be closed with profit and open up the room for the new trade when delta > xxx I have set maxopen = 8 and closed 2 pairs manually with leave 6 pairs. Then, 2 pairs open later date when delta gets > xxx. But, since I have set my Maxopen = 8, it doesn't have the room for more orders. If EA can close when pair > xxx, it will keep close with profit while waiting for DD to get lower or even close-all with profit. Just an idea...

My latest results:

$5,000.00 start balance

0.1 lots

100:1

29 open positions

DD -$978

Margin 2620

Margin Level 167%

New current balance $5326.50, up from $5051.25 two days ago.

So, at Friday close, I have two extra positions open and have increased my balance.

Will see what happens next week.

My latest results:

$5,000.00 start balance

0.1 lots

29 open positions

DD -$978

Margin 2620

Margin Level 167%

So, at Friday close, I have two extra positions open and have increased my balance.

Hi:

I thought it always open in pairs (correlation pairs). If so, you state you have 29 open positions. Did you close it manually? If not, can you tell how EA supposed to close?

Also, what is your Maxopen settings?

Sorry about too many questions. Just trying to understand the logic.

Edited by fx4_ever

Hi:

I thought it always open in pairs (correlation pairs). If so, you state you have 29 open positions. Did you close it manually? If not, can you tell how EA supposed to close?

Also, what is your Maxopen settings?

Sorry about too many questions. Just trying to understand the logic.

So did I. I will check through them.

No manual closures.

Settings are standard:

Magik = 2

Period = 100

Sleep_ (slippage) = 3

Max_Pair = 7

Max_Trade = 100

Take_Profitt = 0.01

TM = 1440

Visual_Pairs = 0

Delta =300

My latest results:

$5,000.00 start balance

0.1 lots

29 open positions

DD -$978

Margin 2620

Margin Level 167%

wow, this is perfect EA for blow up Account!

DD -$978

Margin 2620

29 open positions!!!!!!!

why here so many people waste time with this bad EA???

Good Luck for live Account!!!!