usd basket

Guys, what was the biggest DD u have seen trading with usd basket and what broker?

Mine biggest is now on FXCM broker (delta 300) and about 470pips DD.

-290DD now

I'm a little over 500 pip DD. Not worried though....

I am trading with MaxTrade=8, I had to change this since my margin leverage is only 50:1. So, based on 0.01 lot allocation on every $500.00, the Max that I can go for opening the position is 8. That is how I configured the MaxTrade value. With this settings, My DD never went up more than 12% of the Total Balance. So, experiment with some options available.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My demo is down over -500 pips which definitely is a major problem as far as im concerned. I would not be at all comfortable waiting for a retrace to happen??????

Yea, 500pips is much too high.

I think todays high DD is because usd/chf bad corelation with other pairs(some good news for chf?). When eur/usd went down, usd/chf should go up and it didn't. On my account usd/chf got over 530(delta)points. Haven't seen more that 450 till now.

as i said before, but no body has experience , voilent trend without return maybe very risky.

Yes, but until now it was doing pretty well, and even if there was some strong trend it can earn pips very fast. Biggest DD was 250-300 and it recover to pofit fast, and now DD is getting higher and higher..

Maybe that's the key to keep it safe. On my account i've got 16open trades.

I think it is combination of lot size + delta + maxopen. I pref to trade with higher delta + managed lotsize per my account vs lower delta + lower lot size+ higher maxOpen.

Even with my conservative settings, market movement since yesterday was not in favor of this basket trading. We'll see how it goes... (hope news will be U$ positive)

Edited by fx4_ever