usd basket

Start it to test on Monday, most of the trades where winners (Very Impressive!), then Ii also stopped trading form me since Wednesday. I removed the EA, deleted the chart, recreated a new one, attached the EA and nothing still sleeping, How can I wake up this sleeping beauty???

Somebody knows what's going on?

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys how do you know its not working..what because no trades since wednesday..that means nothing..as previously mentioned it doesnt have to take a trade every day or for that matter every week..It depends on market conditions. Check your screen and see if any of your values are over your delta setting..Since wednesday its been slow..simple..

You will get different values with different brokers as they only have to be a pip higher or lower over a few bars and the values will be different than another broker..This is the main issue with mt4..each broker can have there own high..low..open which is different to another broker.

As many have pointed out here it works and rest is human error..or broker error.Just have patience and iam sure your sleepy Ea will take trades in due time so unless you have a error in your journal..ITS WORKING

Edited by 50pips

:)OK. Sounds good. I don't mind waiting. But, if its a broker issue, I don't mind changing brokers. It would be interesting which broker accounts experienced trades between Wednesday and Friday?

Guys how do you know its not working..what because no trades since wednesday..that means nothing..as previously mentioned it doesnt have to take a trade every day or for that matter every week..It depends on market conditions. Check your screen and see if any of your values are over your delta setting..Since wednesday its been slow..simple..

You will get different values with different brokers as they only have to be a pip higher or lower over a few bars and the values will be different than another broker..This is the main issue with mt4..each broker can have there own high..low..open which is different to another broker.

As many have pointed out here it works and rest is human error..or broker error.Just have patience and iam sure your sleepy Ea will take trades in due time so unless you have a error in your journal..ITS WORKING

We are posting at the same time so there is a misunderstanding. It's just that grooter seemed to be getting trades, so I was concerned that it was some other issue. But, if you are also not getting any trades, then I feel reassured. No, I am not complaining. Sorry it sounded that way...;)

Well.mine has no trade since wednesday also..so does that mean mine is broken also..If you have no errors and cant just waite for it to start trading again then remove EA and move on.Simple

I still dont understand why you would like to know which broker has trades wednesday. It makes no difference as you might get trades on your broker that they dont get in future times..

Look i have 3 EMA_USD running on my VPS server all with AXIS. Now you would think i would get same values across all 3 since iam useing the same platform. But this is not the case. 1 is so far different it could make you think something is wrong..But its not. I figured every broker uses not just 1 data server..so maybe iam getting data from a different server than the other 2. My other 2 Axis are atleast close to each other in values but still not the same..

So it really doesnt matter what broker someone got trades on wednesday as next wednesday you could have trades and they have none. It will all even out in the long run and whats more important is you have no errors in your journal and when it does trade you WIN.

The sleep numbers are usually expressed in milliseconds, so a setting of 3 would be 3 milliseconds (or a setting of 1000 = 1 second). These are usually placed in a setting to allow the EA to "catch up with itself". Sort of like pausing when talking, in order to breathe. But, I am not a programmer, so I am not sure about the 3 setting. I would imagine that if I had a slow computer, and it kept freezing, I might increase the "sleep" setting a little. But, then, I don't know if that would harm the efficiency of the EA. :-?

Now to ask something worthwhile..

Any coder amongst us figured out what the Sleep_ setting is for as i have no idea and get many PMs asking this same question.

Any ideas are welcome

I only asked about the Broker issue because I have tested hundreds of EAs, and some just seem to work better on some brokers than others. This EA may be different, and work equally well on all brokers, but just on different days of the week. I have 12 live brokerage accounts, but I wasn't ready to attach this EA to all 12 accounts, so I just thought I could save some time, and narrow it down to just a few brokers at first. But, since it seems that we are all pioneering this thing at the same time, and there is "no" broker database to compare, I will just, test it one broker at a time, and do it the long way. I will report here if I make any "discoveries". :|

I still dont understand why you would like to know which broker has trades wednesday. It makes no difference as you might get trades on your broker that they dont get in future times..

Look i have 3 EMA_USD running on my VPS server all with AXIS. Now you would think i would get same values across all 3 since iam useing the same platform. But this is not the case. 1 is so far different it could make you think something is wrong..But its not. I figured every broker uses not just 1 data server..so maybe iam getting data from a different server than the other 2. My other 2 Axis are atleast close to each other in values but still not the same..

So it really doesnt matter what broker someone got trades on wednesday as next wednesday you could have trades and they have none. It will all even out in the long run and whats more important is you have no errors in your journal and when it does trade you WIN.

The "Sleep_" input parameter has nothing to do with the Sleep function in MT4. It goes straight into Ordersend and means "Slippage"!

:)

Thank you for sharing the EA, 50Pips

Now to ask something worthwhile..

Any coder amongst us figured out what the Sleep_ setting is for as i have no idea and get many PMs asking this same question.

Any ideas are welcome

Much appreciated guys..thanks for the clarification of Sleep_ input..We can look at it the same as slippage.

Different brokers shouldn't make a difference to this EA. Just you might get more trades than others but results will be same in the long run..So no meed to see which brokers are better..They are all good with this.

It gets confusing, because when "sleep" is inside the actual code, it is normally used when "trade context is busy" and it delays order send function. But, I guess when "outside" the code, it means slippage, as you say. But, I don't know why they just don't call it "slippage" as in other EAs? Maybe its a cultural thing, depending on what country the EA was written. :-/

Some results to compare.... Sig Lite (Dime account) 1000 start current balance 1349 (Delta 200).... IBFX 10K demo balance 12441 (300 delta) and Axi Trader 5K demo, closed profits 194 with open float of +495. Will be good to see the week start off closing that open float so this demo catches up with my others. Sometimes it just opens 2 trades, then after a while more open. Other times it will open a lot at once. As Tomislav says, the conditions have to be met for the entries to take place. Looking forward to testing more next week :)

I've tried it on 2 platforms and keep getting 4106 error code when it tries to fire off a trade

ERR_UNKNOWN_SYMBOL = 4106

My symbols are standard like on Alpari, Anyone got any ideas.

I've compiled it and still doesn't produce an ex4 file, maybe that's the problem, could someone please up load the both files please.

Some results to compare.... Sig Lite (Dime account) 1000 start current balance 1349 (Delta 200).... IBFX 10K demo balance 12441 (300 delta) and Axi Trader 5K demo, closed profits 194 with open float of +495. Will be good to see the week start off closing that open float so this demo catches up with my others. Sometimes it just opens 2 trades, then after a while more open. Other times it will open a lot at once. As Tomislav says, the conditions have to be met for the entries to take place. Looking forward to testing more next week :)

hello sandyb,

caution with sig liteforex live----connections problems!!!!

what is your Take Profit please!!!?

And is your update EA or orginal first post EA!

I test straight with my 24 h, SSD hard drive- xtreme Intel special PC, this brokers:

mftrader,instaforex, rvmarkets, activtrades, figfx, fxpro, with delta200 and no so good results, the open trades are more in loss, than the profits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i test with 0,03 and 0,3 and 0.01 and 0.1 takeprofit

(All Traders:

when delta 400, since Wednesday no trade was with me on 5 Brokers !!!! i am test was with update EA)

Edited by anzeigenmichel

sandyb take profit and old or new uptdate EA attitudes would be interesting !!!!!!!

please sandyb, can you share this, your Take Profit setting info, why you are more Profit with three Brokers!!

my 4 Demo Brokers(from 5 Brokers) all in loss with open Trades, on Friday night!

Delta:200

Take profit settings:0.1 and 0.01-0.3 and 0.03

Edited by anzeigenmichel