usd basket

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok..off to bed..Its nearly midnight here in Australia..You guys all live on the wrong side of the time zone..Do you think Obama will get that fixed!

I'm sure he get that fixed too.. after bringing down the chief terrorist OBL everything is possible.. there are already plans under his pillow to make an unique timezone for the rest of the world: EST for all of us, all over the globe!!!!

Sleep well

50pips,

you have right!

I do not understand the world any longer.

after finally nearly one day has to act begun with 2 brokern. straight with one after I changed from timeframes 1 hours on M30!

with that 2 ten brokers began it trade with timeframe 1 hrs!

message always often comes: "uninit reason 1-6" and then no Trades!

Superb work Pro. just to clear this up, the correct replacement is

if (AccountEquity()-(AccountBalance()>Take_Profitt))Close_All=true;

there was a little error in the previous line . thanks pro and 50pips...

What exactly was the error? One " ( " to much after " if " ? If yes, what is the issue with the second " ( " ?

I'm asking bc I made a test trade at night and it worked...

BTW I'm NOT a coder, a friend made the change.

Hi 50pips,

Thank you for sharing this interesting ea.

I just downloaded it, and noticed that the Take profit = 0.3 ?

Why is the "Take Profit" = 0.3, less than 1 pip ? In case of 4-digit brokers, how can this Take profit be closed at 0.3 pips ?

By the way, could you please post your Trade Manager to manage to close all trades at certain profits target ?

Thanks a lot

Jennifer

Hi 50pips,

Why is the "Take Profit" = 0.3, less than 1 pip ? In case of 4-digit brokers, how can this Take profit be closed at 0.3 pips ?

By the way, could you please post your Trade Manager to manage to close all trades at certain profits target ?

Thanks a lot

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

firstly the EA is designed to run standalone...so no combination with any kind of other trading or TP won't work

The Takeprofit level is calculated as AccountProfit()>(AccountMargin()*Take_Profitt)

If your total open orders would consume $1000 margin the EA would close all trades as soon as profit reached $300 ($1000*0.3) if it's running with Take_Profitt=0.3

Because the EA is calculating with overall margin and overall profit any other trades would have an impact

Hi 50pips,

Thanks a lot

Jennifer

Hi James/ Jennifer

read first ALL posts before asking, everything got explained already

Hi James/ Jennifer

read first ALL posts before asking, everything got explained already

just in case you meant post #146 from 50pips:

the explanation isn't correct

That's absolutly not the way the EA is calculating when to take profit

I thought i said same as you iwjw in a way..TakeProfit value is like a % value..0.3 is 30% which is virtually same as $300 take profit in your post. the thing i said different is it works out on margin left..maybe thats wrong..It could be margin used.

Rather than posting a formula like AccountProfit()>(AccountMargin()*Take_Profitt) which most done understand it was easier to say look at it like a % value of margin left..But seems like look at it against margin used

Edited by 50pips

I thought i said same as you iwjw in a way..TakeProfit value is like a % value..0.3 is 30% which is virtually same as $300 take profit in your post. the thing i said different is it works out on margin left..maybe thats wrong..It could be margin used.

Rather than posting a formula like AccountProfit()>(AccountMargin()*Take_Profitt) which most done understand it was easier to say look at it like a % value of margin left..But seems like look at it against margin used

Hi 50pips,

wasn't meant against you

more than pro's reply on jeniffer's question

to make it clear:

the EA is calculating the TP on margin used - not on margin left

Thanks for the clear up on which margin it uses..So guys as discussed Take TP value as percent of margin used..So if you set it to 0.3 then work out take profit as 30% of Used Margin value. Tp set to 0.2 then Take profit will be 20% of margin used. Its still kind of wierd but it works..If you want to set as Hard Take profit then change the line in the code as per pros post.

Ok lets get serious here..

Iam getting lots of PM's asking me to share the other EA's i have for other pairs. Let me make it quite clear here..Dont ask me for these as its quite clear many cant even work out MT4 correctly or follow simple instructions as posted to make what they have work let alone another 3.

To summarize here..

Get the latest version from post 1.

Follow the instructions from post 1 to the letter.

Post 171 explains how the TP is worked out.

Deltas of 300 will produce more trades but will go into more DD and stay open longer in this DD.

Deltas of 350 will produce less trades and DD wont be as big as deltas 300 and wont be open longer either.

Deltas 400 will produce even less trades again but DD wont be very big but you could miss out on some good profits.

Make sure you test it on demo 1st before live.

Look at your journal for errors as it will let you know if anything is wrong.

Pro has offered solution for hard stop to run with other EA's on same account.

Read over all posts up to this point.

If you cant do this then i really dont know what to say. It works by just following these steps. Anything else is your platform..your computer..your broker. Try a different demo broker will let you know if your platform is causing the grief. Also maybe delete all data history for the pairs then reopen the platform and open the trading pairs one by one on 1hr chart to reload the data back. this can fix data errors.

It will not trade every day so be patient. It might sit dormant for 3-4 days waiting or it could consistently take trades daily.

After you get it working then by all means keep others posted with your success as this will help build confidence in running this EA. Dont just sit there and make profits but let nobody know..This is secret squirrel stuff.

There has been over 200 downloads of this EA and only a handful of people helping out here or posting success and this is what i have previously mentioned before that ticks me off. And this is the Main reason i will not post other EA's like this as i seem to be feeding the greedy for there own purpose to just take and not offer back weather it be small changes or platform issues.

Maybe these people have nothing to contribute but i see it differently..Just a quick hey it closed out profit today with delta XXX is good enough for everybody.

If the brokers dont attack this EA and we get plenty of help in here then i might release the others in due time.But until then if you follow these instructions then it will work out.

If you are going to post chart also try and include the journal bit as well so we can see if there are any errors..But before then try a different platform 1st..This will really tell you whats going on.

Edited by 50pips

I am using the code as original posted by 50pips, for profit target --> formula like AccountProfit()>(AccountMargin()*Take_Profitt) and it works. For me, it make sense to calculate the target based on margin used, rather than against account balance. Because, if I am very conservative and trade only small lots on large account, it make sense to expect EA to closed on open positions rather than what is left on the account. Well, at least that is what I like and works for me.

Today is slow day and it didn't open any trade for me (I am live with this by the way). But, I was doing some experimental trading on demo for testing (various settings, enabled/disabled available pairs, use lowest lots and/or lowest delta, etc) and see what it would do. As expected, lower delta settings opens trades even days like today, but it is sitting on DD and don't do much at all. Haven't closed any trade. So, yeah, I will stick with higher delta.

Thanks for insight fx4_ever..Yes i also use default way of Profit Target. I think pro's way is a work around for those who run it with other Ea's on same account but default right out of the box is best so far in all my testing also.

Lower deltas as you have seen might open trades but if the market isnt right then its pointless to use anything under 300.

The key is 300+ deltas and just accept there are quiet days when no action will happen. But thats what i love best with this. No need to make a trade because you want more. Also lowering the time frame is not recommended as the values will be much higher and therefore will take more trades which wont be good. Think of it like this..Lower time frame you will need to dramatically increase deltas to compensate this higher value reading. Yes you can do this and it should work fine but you will really need to test it on demo to make sure you have the right deltas for that time frame.

Well! Good for you and good luck.

I've been in this racket since 1990 and I speak from experience.

I've lost a lot of real $$ from computer/IT/software glitches.

My 35 year profession in broadcast engineering has required me to work with complex computer systems, subsystems and networks.

Imagine being the sole party responsible for the technical quality of the broadcast signal for a U.S. major market/network broadcast television facility when everything simply goes to BLACK.

Not to mention you are in prime time and it's RATINGS period.

And the the GM calls while you are in the middle of trying to put the fire out and you have no answers for him. F**K!

Eventually the software or hardware (or both) will bite you very hard in the a**. The more complex, the bigger the bite.

It's not fun trying to figure out how to put the fire out while Rome (in this case, your account) is burning.

Make sure you have Plan B ready.

Look, I trade with robots since more than 5 years, I know what does work or doesn't work..

Thx anyway

BTW I got the workaround already and it runs flawlessly...

Edited by conglo

Interesting thread and concept. Thanks for sharing this expert 50Pips. I am running a demo forward test at IBFX, Lite Forex on a dime acct., and Axi. IBFX on default, and trying 200 delta on the other 2. All have made profits on different levels, after trading at week's end I will post the results if anyone wants to compare. Cheers... Sandy