usd basket

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no TP problem. You are adding undue risk/problems/trouble when running more than one EA per account; it is foolishness. You are only asking for trouble.

You must assume your demo accounts are real money. You can't screw around by adding risk of any kind.

Your rule should be one EA per account. Many EAs support multiple instances per pair but that's different.

If you have to add brokers or your broker will allow multiple accounts, then that's what you do. Do NOT run multiple EAs on one account.

You must only understand how the TP operates and that is discussed above.

What I want to know is why at least one instance of this EA has simply stopped operating.

I suppose this question is directed to 50pips- you seem to have been delegated by default as point man on this thing (sorry)..

Any ideas to resolve this issue?
Edited by conglo

There is no TP problem. You are always adding risk/problems/trouble when running more than one EA per account; it is foolishness. You are only asking for trouble.

Your rule should be one EA per platform. Many EAs support multiple instances per pair but that's different.

You must only understand how the TP operates and that is discussed above.

What I want to know is why at least one instance of this EA has simply stopped operating.

You missed the point... I know how the TP operates.

I'm looking for a workaround, to be able to run this EA besides another one on the same account, but not on the same platform. Means the TP calculation has to be changed, bc its based on balance and margin. As long as there are open positions from another system or manual trade the TP doesnt work. Maybe it helps to change the TP calculation to equity and margin instead of balance and margin?

No, I didn't miss anything.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to provoke an argument and I don't want to engage in one.

I'm speaking from experience.

You want to run another EA on the same account.. that's exactly what I'm ranting about. NO NO.

It doesn't matter what platform it's on, you DO NOT want a workaround to run more than one EA on one account because you are inviting problems.

You already have problems, yes? You are trying to force something that should be avoided.

ONE EA PER ACCOUNT. YOU EITHER ADD ACCOUNTS OR BROKERS. Pay up or don't play, them's the rules.

I'm trying to make clear that MORE THAN ONE EA PER ACCOUNT IS TROUBLE (unless, of course, you are running the same EA on additional PAIRS with a specific Magic for each- that is a different matter not relevant to this discussion).

EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY F**KS UP, AND YOU WILL BE THE F**KEE.

Accept that as fact and you are ahead of the game.

Do what you like, I'm just trying to save you misery down the road because I have been there.

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". This is not just a folksy saying, it is a fact. Why invite it?

If the S**T can hit the fan, it will. Most of the time we are not around when it happens. That's what we should avoid or at least try to prepare for.

You missed the point... I know how the TP operates.

I'm looking for a workaround, to be able to run this EA besides another one on the same account, but not on the same platform. Means the TP calculation has to be changed, bc its based on balance and margin. As long as there are open positions from another system or manual trade the TP doesnt work. Maybe it helps to change the TP calculation to equity and margin instead of balance and margin?

Edited by conglo

Hey guys..

Latest snap of my account..It was a "Lump" all week then closed all trades for nice $500 profit. This is what iam talking about..

http://www.multiupload.com/299ZDKNKPM

This ea will close trades out according to margin used and TP value..So if u decide to run it with other EA's then it will run differently. Its a unique EA this and if its not for you then please don't use it. I might sound direct but really there is no other EA that will perform consistently than this..Fapturbo has had how many changes now?? too many..and why..This ea has never changed..Judge for yourself by others results here.

I would like to really explain it in full but it could be dangerous if i do as it will put the Greed frenzy out there..I have seen it many times. Just play with it and if you can figure it out then you will be better off in the long run as you will know how to keep up with market volatility. I shared it for Free and in return you need to test it and you will appreciate it better.

Basically it looks at the difference in correlation of 2 pairs and when it gets so far away you are betting it will snap back. Now it doesnt have to snap back too far to make money but it will definitely.

Good to have so many posts here and am looking forward to hearing more..

sasan31 how have you gone..have you figured it out. Can you post a pic of the chart that has the EA running and also the properties of the EA so i can see you have the right boxes ticked.

Maybe you don't have Experts Enabled on the platform as this will stop it updating

It works GREAT when it works.

Thank you dear 50pips,

but

Today-last 6 hours no Trades.........

Ea is no work more...?????

I have test on 5 Brokers!

yesterday still profit was and since then works it no longer on all brokers

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by anzeigenmichel

No, I didn't miss anything.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to provoke an argument and I don't want to engage in one.

I'm speaking from experience.

You want to run another EA on the same account.. that's exactly what I'm ranting about. NO NO.

It doesn't matter what platform it's on, you DO NOT want a workaround to run more than one EA on one account because you are inviting problems.

You already have problems, yes? You are trying to force something that should be avoided.

ONE EA PER ACCOUNT. YOU EITHER ADD ACCOUNTS OR BROKERS. Pay up or don't play, them's the rules.

I'm trying to make clear that MORE THAN ONE EA PER ACCOUNT IS TROUBLE (unless, of course, you are running the same EA on additional PAIRS with a specific Magic for each- that is a different matter not relevant to this discussion).

EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY F**KS UP, AND YOU WILL BE THE F**KEE.

Accept that as fact and you are ahead of the game.

Do what you like, I'm just trying to save you misery down the road because I have been there.

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong". This is not just a folksy saying, it is a fact. Why invite it?

If the S**T can hit the fan, it will. Most of the time we are not around when it happens. That's what we should avoid or at least try to prepare for.

Look, I trade with robots since more than 5 years, I know what does work or doesn't work..

Thx anyway

BTW I got the workaround already and it runs flawlessly...

Edited by pro

sorry no it doesn't. You can run a trade manager like swiss army knife if you want but be very careful you don't give it enough room to breath. The thing is to risk small lot sizes so your heart level wont rise. Like most EA's you will get killed by over capitalizing.

I use to run 5K account with delta 300 and 1.0 lot size 200-1 and i got nervous atleast 1-2 days a week. I would see DD go to $2500-$3000 then snap back. Since then i now use it safer by making delta 350 and using lot size of 0.2 per 5K and seeing no more than $500-600 DD which represents 10%. Now you might say that too high for you so all i suggest is either reduce lot size to 0.1 per 5K or increase delta to 400 and get a few good trades over lower delta's.

Just remember it wont always go 500-600 DD its just all i have seen in its bad times. I have been running it now for over 3 months with great success and i can honestly say its very solid and i trust it over any other EA i have been given.

I do use one for CAD crosses and JPY crosses that works things out differently but i dont run them on same account.

iwjw has said he has taken 550 pips..even with 0.1 lot sizes on 5K thats over 10% return in short time. And if he is using lower account size then even better.

For those struggling to find the answers in all this i suggest this:

Run 3 versions..all same deltas of 300

Change TP levels to one either side of default on these 3 charts and note the differences after profits have been made.

Once you have done this then change deltas to 350 and do same test.

Once you do this you will know which way you want to trade it that suits your stress levels and account size. It should only take you 2 weeks tops to know what to do, and thats nothing in the scope of it all

A little background on the Take Profit setting.

Basically take the Take Profit setting as a percent value. So if you set it to 0.1 then read it as 10%..0.2 read it as 20%. It works the Take profit out on available margin. So if you have 1000 margin left and take profit is set to 0.1 then it will close out all trades at $100 profit. The thinking for this is as you get closer to your margin being used then it wants to close out quicker so you dont get margin call. So running it on other accounts with other EA's will only affect your profit if other Ea's have used up some margin. No big deal just something to keep in mind.

It will close out trades outside of this thresh hold also as long as margin isnt below the TP percent value.

It might be a backward way of doing things but i do like it like that.

Maybe someone can change the code so you can select if you want this way of closing or a hard stop. I will do it if we have no takers..

Edited by 50pips

Pro would you like to share how you worked around the issue so others might like to try it

A coder/ friend suggested:

if ((AccountProfit()>(AccountMargin()*Take_Profitt))Close_All=true;

Changing to

if ((AccountEquity()-AccountBalance()>Take_Profitt))Close_All=true;

TP is now a predetermined $ amount. That's not the perfect solution as it doesnt react automatically to the increasing equity, its just a "workaround"

It has still to pass the stress test with other open positions from another system...its a quiet day, no action so far:-?

sasan31..not much there to go by so will have a stab at it..

Can you go into properties of EA and under the Common Tab..Make sure Allow DLL imports is ticked and the one under it isnt.

Also on market watch (the part on the left of your charts that has all the pairs you can trade) right click and select show all.

Next open all pairs the EA wants to trade on a 1hr chart and let it update.

If still not working then send pic of your journal..thats a tab under the bit that shows your account balance. This might give some error codes we can check with.

I will be up for next 10mins so if i go to bed then someone here might check it and offer solution else i will be on tomorrow

Pro thanks for that..so to have dollar stop now do i have to change TakeProfit from 0.3 to say 250..if i want 250 stop

Yes, set Take_Profitt to 250 ($) in this case....

dont know in which language they write the word profit with double t ;))

Yes Pro! I tried on their demo and it is half working . you can see picture here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SSB2B46L

What does it mean "half working"?? Its sounds like " a bit pregnant"

Just a general advice for the future: DONT EVER try to trade something on a live account, as long as you don't know how or if it works properly on a demo account for at least half a year... otherwise you will learn losing money the hard and fast way.

.hey sasan31 that one is working perfectly. It looks good to me. The reason you have no values in some columns is because if you have a look its only on the pairs crossing with itself..meaning..GBPUSD has no value because it cant correlate with itself. If you look down you will see no values for each pair relating to itself.

Hope that makes sense.

Just a thought..did you tell FXOpen you are going to use EA's as i think some disable EA functions if they dont know..