Come and join if you like Grid Trading

fx4_ever

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and found this thread by searching Grid trading since it is my favorite strategy. As fx4_ever mentioned previously, I believe Grid trading, especially mixed with Martingale can be traded very successfully, ONLY IF it doesn't run 24/7. I've found this link. This looks like the same system and looks terrific so far.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/fx4_ever/iwin/57664

fx4_ever, I notice you are using only during NY afternoon. I have been looking at your trade for a few days and most of the days, you have no open positions - which I like it very much. This observation is coming from Grid Traders point of view. I have been Grid Trading over 3 years and I always have dangers and I learn to live with it. I never though of running Grid - martingale EA on selective hours. It never cross my mind. LOL But, If nothing at all, I've learned to use Grid Trading on selective trading hours by reading this thread and I thank you for that.

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and found this thread by searching Grid trading since it is my favorite strategy. As fx4_ever mentioned previously, I believe Grid trading, especially mixed with Martingale can be traded very successfully, ONLY IF it doesn't run 24/7. I've found this link. This looks like the same system and looks terrific so far.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/fx4_ever/iwin/57664

fx4_ever, I notice you are using only during NY afternoon. I have been looking at your trade for a few days and most of the days, you have no open positions - which I like it very much. This observation is coming from Grid Traders point of view. I have been Grid Trading over 3 years and I always have dangers and I learn to live with it. I never though of running Grid - martingale EA on selective hours. It never cross my mind. LOL But, If nothing at all, I've learned to use Grid Trading on selective trading hours by reading this thread and I thank you for that.

I am glad you found the information valuable. Wish you the best of luck with Grid Trading!

Try to use selective hours of trading and do not run 24/5. Much safer and still steady income.

http://i53.tinypic.com/oit2jm.png

Statement

http://www.multiupload.com/G58MZ7UEDL

Used selective hours of trading

http://i54.tinypic.com/2d9z1y1.png

Note: I had to choose 0.05 and 0.1 lot for this broker due to broker's mininum lot size limitation. ** Tadawul broker won't allow lot size less than 0.05

4xTraderz described well for optimizing this system. He trade iWin with strength of the trend during UK session. This post, I trade low ranging hours, NY afternoon to beginning of Asian session. So, you can pick and choose. But, you have to experiment with different settings to fit your trading style.

Good luck to you all and safe trading!

Is it possible to share the set file? :)

Hi Guys/Gals;

Sorry for not posting often. Past week or so and still to date, I am having rough time re-storing / re-building my PC(s). Catching this nasty virus from "ziddu" site mess up every PCs and laptops in my network at home. I am ended up re-installing O/S on all of the machines since backup files also seem to be contain this virus! Real Nasty stuff. Never had this type of virus where O/S can't bring any of programs. Anything with executable isn't working. :-O

Was trawling the net and remembered that you had to recover your PC when I found the following. Would be useful in the future, but hopefully we would not need it.

ESET SysRescue CD (Update 6 November 2010)

Scan and clean any Windows system booting from this CD ! The main advantage of ESET SysRescue is the fact that it runs independent of the host operating system, while it has a direct access to the disk and the entire filesystem. Thanks to this it is possible to remove those infiltrations that normally could not be deleted, e.g. when the operating system is running, etc.

Scanning speed is pretty fast compared to other rescue disks. The scan is very thorough as it tries to scan files inside compressed archive and also in setup installers. With the latest virus signature database (5521), it manages to catch all of known viruses by October 11, 2010.

For the rescue CD to use effectively, you must provide that the computer boots from the ESET SysRescue boot media. Boot priority can be modified in the BIOS. Alternatively, you can invoke the boot menu during the computer startup usually using one of the F9 F12 keys depending on the version of your motherboard/BIOS.

The content of the CD will be written to the operating memory (RAM). After booting up, ESS will start. Since ESET SysRescue is used only in specific situations, some protection modules and program features present in regular ESS are not needed; their list is narrowed down to Computer scan, Update, and some sections in Setup. Capability of updating virus signature database is the most important feature of ESET SysRescue.

Suppose that computers in the network have been infected by a virus modifying executable (EXE) files. ESS is capable of cleaning all infected files except for explorer.exe, which cant be cleaned, not even in the Safe mode. That is due to the fact that explorer.exe, as one of the essential Windows processes, is launched in the Safe mode as well. ESS cannot perform any action with the file and therefore it remains infected.

DOWNLOAD

HOTFILE

PART 1 : http://hotfile.com/dl/80758786/c312fb5/ESRCD20101028.part1.rar.html

PART 2 : http://hotfile.com/dl/80758024/fb4ce54/ESRCD20101028.part2.rar.html

FILESERVE

PART 1 : http://www.fileserve.com/file/nuSMfaQ

PART 2 : http://www.fileserve.com/file/j2Hhtp3

You can download part 1 from hotfile and part 2 from fileserve at the same time.

Was trawling the net and remembered that you had to recover your PC when I found the following. Would be useful in the future, but hopefully we would not need it.

ESET SysRescue CD (Update 6 November 2010)

Scan and clean any Windows system booting from this CD ! The main advantage of ESET SysRescue is the fact that it runs independent of the host operating system, while it has a direct access to the disk and the entire filesystem. Thanks to this it is possible to remove those infiltrations that normally could not be deleted, e.g. when the operating system is running, etc.

Scanning speed is pretty fast compared to other rescue disks. The scan is very thorough as it tries to scan files inside compressed archive and also in setup installers. With the latest virus signature database (5521), it manages to catch all of known viruses by October 11, 2010.

For the rescue CD to use effectively, you must provide that the computer boots from the ESET SysRescue boot media. Boot priority can be modified in the BIOS. Alternatively, you can invoke the boot menu during the computer startup usually using one of the F9 F12 keys depending on the version of your motherboard/BIOS.

The content of the CD will be written to the operating memory (RAM). After booting up, ESS will start. Since ESET SysRescue is used only in specific situations, some protection modules and program features present in regular ESS are not needed; their list is narrowed down to Computer scan, Update, and some sections in Setup. Capability of updating virus signature database is the most important feature of ESET SysRescue.

Suppose that computers in the network have been infected by a virus modifying executable (EXE) files. ESS is capable of cleaning all infected files except for explorer.exe, which cant be cleaned, not even in the Safe mode. That is due to the fact that explorer.exe, as one of the essential Windows processes, is launched in the Safe mode as well. ESS cannot perform any action with the file and therefore it remains infected.

DOWNLOAD

HOTFILE

PART 1 : http://hotfile.com/dl/80758786/c312fb5/ESRCD20101028.part1.rar.html

PART 2 : http://hotfile.com/dl/80758024/fb4ce54/ESRCD20101028.part2.rar.html

FILESERVE

PART 1 : http://www.fileserve.com/file/nuSMfaQ

PART 2 : http://www.fileserve.com/file/j2Hhtp3

You can download part 1 from hotfile and part 2 from fileserve at the same time.

murtamad, thanks for remembering my problem and providing me with more information and files. I hope I don't have to use it, but I download and save it for future use. Just incase. :)

Thanks again,

am i right to say that the time filter are based on our respective broker's gmt timings?

It's not set-n-stone. i select those hours based on NY afternoon till the new day begin. The point of using the time settings is to avoid strong momentum and ride the small swings usually happening NY pm session to before Tokyo 9am. So, couple of hours difference won't make much difference.

Tried loading this on my broker's demo platform, ECN -5 digit, just get a string of errors -

20:59:32 iWin_(no restriction) EURUSD,M15: invalid lots amount for OrderSend function

20:59:32 iWin_(no restriction) EURUSD,M15: Trade error: 4051 - invalid function parameter value

20:59:32 iWin_(no restriction) EURUSD,M15: invalid lots amount for OrderSend function

20:59:32 iWin_(no restriction) EURUSD,M15: Trade error: 4051 - invalid function parameter value

Tried loading this on my broker's demo platform, ECN -5 digit, just get a string of errors -

It looks like your broker's minimum lot size allowed are higher than what you are trading.

I understand all the new paramters in iwin. I even understand TradeCountToSeekBreakEven = 3 which tells the robot after three cycles to settle for breakeven instead of profit.

The only parameter I don't understand how you will use is:

ManualStartAbove ??

ManualStartBelow ??

If you set your EA to ManualPrice Entry, it takes priority. example: when EA is put on, EA opens immediately 2 positions from TC1 and/or TC2.

If you are using manual price entry = true and set your own price, it will only open if and when price reaches that level. So, if current price is 1.3700 and you want to EA to open longs if price => 1.3750 and short if price is =< 1.3650, you will have to set ManualStartAbove = 1.3750, ManualStartBelow = 1.3650. (note: when using price entry, it has to be StopOrder, not the limit order. In other words, long price entry must be higher than current price and short price entry must be lower than current price). EA will not open any trade until price reaches either of those level.

Edit (tips):

Example of using manual price entry: If you feel price is moving down and you want to start trading when price goes to 1.3650. In this case, since you feel price will be moving down, you will enabled TC1= true and TC2 = false. So, when price finally reaches 1.3650, EA will open 0.01 Long and 0.02 short to start. this way, EA will close quickly with profit with very little drawdown.

opposite for going long.. I hope it makes sense.

Edited by fx4_ever

Hi guys,

@ fx4_ever, thanks for sharing your EA, I hope you are able to find a winning strategy that works with 50:1 leverage.

I have just recently tried this EA and I have a few questions:

1. What happens if I open 2 charts and load the EA with the 2 set files included? Can the EA handle both charts independently?

2. I can't see a parameter where I can enter a stoploss... Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

b.

My reply in red.

Hi guys,

@ fx4_ever, thanks for sharing your EA, I hope you are able to find a winning strategy that works with 50:1 leverage. thanks, I am looking for the strategy that will work on lower leverage. Getting there... :)

I have just recently tried this EA and I have a few questions:

1. What happens if I open 2 charts and load the EA with the 2 set files included? Can the EA handle both charts independently? It runs independently, but it may have 2 sets of cycle at the beginning of the 2nd set of cycle until 1st cycle's order is finished.

2. I can't see a parameter where I can enter a stoploss... Is there any way to do this? This strategy doesn't use SL. It is run as cycle, thus, when it close, it close with losers and winners all together without any dangers. If you are looking for strategy that uses SL individually, this system doesn't deliver.

Thanks,

b.

Edited by fx4_ever

Thanks for the reply mate.

Sorry if the questions are a bit daft, I admit I should have done my homework before posting.

I've only watched the EA trade today for a bit and I guess what I meant about the SL is, if the cycle doesn't go as planned, the EA will eventually close it even if it results in an overall loss, or if it will keep trading trying to recover the losses. My concern is not having a balance large enough to handle this.

Cheers,

b.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Sorry if the questions are a bit daft, I admit I should have done my homework before posting.

I've only watched the EA trade today for a bit and I guess what I meant about the SL is, if the cycle doesn't go as planned, the EA will eventually close it even if it results in an overall loss, or if it will keep trading trying to recover the losses. My concern is not having a balance large enough to handle this.

Cheers,

b.

You are correct about not having enough money to handle if trade goes against you and the lot size is progressing. This strategy is based on probability. Trading during the low ranging period and grid space is low as 10-15 pips, we are expecting it will retrace 10-15 pips to close-all. But, it is Grid/Martingale and it has pros and cons. This strategy doesn't fit for everyone, I know...

Fx4_ever, I learned about the thankyou feature and used it on your last response. Thanks again.

You were asked:

1. What happens if I open 2 charts and load the EA with the 2 set files included? Can the EA handle both charts independently?

It runs independently, but it may have 2 sets of cycle at the beginning of the 2nd set of cycle until 1st cycle's order is finished.

So my question is, since the EA assigns the open orders a static magic number which doesn't change, won't the 2nd set of cycle be closed prematurely when the 1st set closes because both sets of orders will share the same magic #.

EDIT: I tried to open 2 sets of cycle of iwin with different gridsize at the same time on the same currency and it did not open the 2nd set of cycle.

Edited by bargainbo
EDIT:

Fx4_ever, I learned about the thankyou feature and used it on your last response. Thanks again.

You were asked:

It runs independently, but it may have 2 sets of cycle at the beginning of the 2nd set of cycle until 1st cycle's order is finished.

So my question is, since the EA assigns the open orders a static magic number which doesn't change, won't the 2nd set of cycle be closed prematurely when the 1st set closes because both sets of orders will share the same magic #.

EDIT: I tried to open 2 sets of cycle of iwin with different gridsize at the same time on the same currency and it did not open the 2nd set of cycle.

I've attached the set file, which uses different sets of magic numbers. So, EA will know which order belongs to which cycle /bundle. If you wish, you can save the set file and rename after you change other parameters. 2 set files that I've attached has a different static magic#.

I've attached the set file, which uses different sets of magic numbers. So, EA will know which order belongs to which cycle /bundle. If you wish, you can save the set file and rename after you change other parameters. 2 set files that I've attached has a different static magic#.

I used the two set files at the same time and separately. When I use them at the same time, only the first set file opened orders. When I use them seperately, the set file which has the magic numbers, MN1=,MN2=,MN3= etc , opened orders with the same magic numbers as the other set file:

513 and 511 for Trade Cycle One

515 and 517 for Trade Cycle Two

Can you please explain the process step-by-step, of operating the two set files so that they both open orders at the same time, but with different magic numbers.