Come and join if you like Grid Trading

fx4_ever

I used the two set files at the same time and separately. When I use them at the same time, only the first set file opened orders. When I use them seperately, the set file which has the magic numbers, MN1=,MN2=,MN3= etc , opened orders with the same magic numbers as the other set file:

513 and 511 for Trade Cycle One

515 and 517 for Trade Cycle Two

Can you please explain the process step-by-step, of operating the two set files so that they both open orders at the same time, but with different magic numbers.

Did you changed the Time? Start/Stop Trading time? The set files that I attached, it starts at different times. If you set both starts at the same time or set to false, it should open same time.

Edited by fx4_ever

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you changed the Time? Start/Stop Trading time? The set files that I attached, it starts at different times. If you set both starts at the same time or set to false, it should open same time.

Yes, I set both of the set files' time filter to false, when I reported the results from my last post. If I had access to the mq4 file for iwin EA, I could change the magic number directly in MetaEditor. My demo account where I am testing this ea is on fxdd.

Edited by bargainbo

cracked version vs what I've posted on page#1

It seem that what you've described above is the one that are cracked version.

Are you using cracked version? Otherwise, you would not able to seen MN or magic#. I have my reason that I didn't open up the all details of the EA.

I shared the EA for the certain function of the EA that makes good money and other function in the EA is more complicated to explain. I tried to simplified and disabled the certain function of the EA.

However, for some reason, someone had to cracked the EA and you want to use the cracked version instead of what I've posted. It's up to you, but I do not have the time nor desire to explain on the functions that were opened by cracked EA.

Edited by fx4_ever

It seem that what you've described above is the one that are cracked version.

Are you using cracked version? Otherwise, you would not able to seen MN or magic#. I have my reason that I didn't open up the all details of the EA.

I shared the EA for the certain function of the EA that makes good money and other function in the EA is more complicated to explain. I tried to simplified and disabled the certain function of the EA.

However, for some reason, someone had to cracked the EA and you want to use the cracked version instead of what I've posted. It's up to you, but I do not have the time nor desire to explain on the functions that were opened by cracked EA.

No, I did not use the cracked version. I have been following your wonderful thread for over a month and before the November 10 update, I was using only the restricted EA you provided on the first page. Since November 10 update, I have been using the no restrictions EA you had provided a link to on the front page. This is what I used to conduct my tests.

The "iwin selective hour 00 to 03.set" from your Novemeber 10 update, contains these lines when I open the file:

MagicNumbers==== Do not use these magic numbers on other EA ===

MN1=75110

MN2=75120

MN3=75130

MN4=75140

MN5=75150

MN6=75160

MN7=75170

MN8=75180

But when I load this set file in metatrader, those lines do not appear.

If I offend you I apologize, but I did not use any cracked version only the ones you provide.

No, I did not use the cracked version. I have been following your wonderful thread for over a month and before the November 10 update, I was using only the restricted EA you provided on the first page. Since November 10 update, I have been using the no restrictions EA you had provided a link to on the front page. This is what I used to conduct my tests.

The "iwin selective hour 00 to 03.set" from your Novemeber 10 update, contains these lines when I open the file:

MagicNumbers==== Do not use these magic numbers on other EA ===

MN1=75110

MN2=75120

MN3=75130

MN4=75140

MN5=75150

MN6=75160

MN7=75170

MN8=75180

But when I load this set file in metatrader, those lines do not appear.

If I offend you I apologize, but I did not use any cracked version only the ones you provide.

No, you did not offend me in anyway. It seem I owe you an apology. I jump the conclusion when i see your question on MN1, etc.. This site(forum) is all about sharing and I am the first one to admit that. That is why I shared my own EA that makes good profit and willing to reply any questions within...

As for the MN1 = 75110... it only shows on 2nd set file. since EA only uses internal magic#, I've changed it to different number and post 2nd set file, so that it will open independently from the first set file. If you look at the first set file, you'll not see this.

As for why it won't open the trade (your original question), I don't know.. it should.

If you want to try it again and this time, used TC1 = true, TC2 = true and changed the lot size and multiplier to 0.01 x1 /0.02 x 2 and 0.02 x 2 / 0.01 x 1

The other chart (2nd chart) , do the same, TC1 = true and TC2=true, but change the lot size and multiplier to opposite: 0.02 x 2/0.01 x 1 and 0.01 x 1/0.02 x2

or, leave the lot size and multiplier as is and just change TC1 = true, TC2 = false and on the 2nd chart, TC1=false and TC2 = true.

What this does is using different cycle settings to be sure that EA will read different order settings.

UPDATE: Nov 10, 2010

Download EA from link below: (without any restriction on account#. No expiration date, full version)

Set files that I use also included in the zip file.

http://www.multiupload.com/H7C5SGC41W

==============================================================================================================================================================================================

thanks for sharing.. i want to use this EA in multiple pair.. can u add a magic number option?

thanks for sharing.. i want to use this EA in multiple pair.. can u add a magic number option?

Magic number is internal and it goes with Trading cycle. So, EA should know to separate its cycle on different pairs. Just be careful running multiple pairs on margin requirement since this is martingale system.

hi ,

thanks for your work , it looks good , very good .

can you explain to me how you set the grid distance please

regards

rusty

It's arbitrary and depend on many different variables. If you are willing to read, I will explain. :)

How I set my grid space is based on long period of data I've collected for the price movements. example; During NY pm session till rollover, price usually do not move much. It actually start to squeeze in ranging mode. If normal daily movement of the currency is 150 pips (hi to low of the daily), according to my study, it only moves about max 50 pips ( 25% to 30% )of the daily movement during this time. Note: this is only guesstimate and my study only. During this time, when price start to range and squeeze, price typically moves in side ways in wave. Like price goes up/down in range between 30-50 pips. Based on this info, now, I figure what is my margin requirement and how far i can withstand the drawdown. Since I always start with min lot allowed by broker, I can go as far as xx lots. If for some reason, trade goes against me when max lot exceed xx lots, I am willing to take a loss. So, from this plan, I set my grid space.

I figured, max movement to be 50 pips and If I can go as far as 2 lot max, I work the number like this. My max (psychological SL level) is 2 lots, I only give myself 50% of that lots when I calculate my grid space, so in this case, I only want to figure out in total lot size at the max level to be equal = 1 lot.

in order to reach 1 lot (1/2 of my max) at the top of the movement, 0.02, 0.04, 0.08, 0.16, 0.32 (this is 5 level lot increment), thus, in total, I am about my 1/2 of max lot level (little less - very safe for my trading plan) So, if I divide 50 / 5, that comes out to be about 10 pips. I wouldn't go less than 10 pips on grid space since many broker's won't allow less than 10 pips interval between orders. Also, if you go less than 10 pips, when it spikes, your grid space is much less or much more between the grid. 10 pips retracement while price moving in range between 30 to 50 pips happens very often. That is why I like trading seletive hours.

Again, this is only guesstimate and my study only. I am using this as an example. You have to figure out your own trading plan. Of course, this won't work if you are trading other time period. This example is what I came up with trading grid during low volatile movement period such as NY pm session

Edited by fx4_ever

Please see my reply in red.

I have reached 5th trade cycle

0.02 -> 0.04 -> 0.08 -> 0.16 -> 0.32

I do not want iwin to open another cycle. Which parameter should I set to TRUE? EA will continue to open next cycle. If you do not want to open the trade, what would you want to do? 1) You want to manage manually and tried to get out of the position yourself? or 2) Do you want to take a loss? Either way, you have 2 choices. Disabled the EA and manage yourself or take the loss.

ManualShutdown If you set this to = true, EA will close all open positions regardless or profit or loss at the time. This means, you'll take a loss/profit whatever it is at the time of using this function. OR HibernateAfterCycle This is set to =true, EA will not open any trade after closing of current cycle. But, EA will keep open positions until current cycle is closed.

What is the difference?

Thank you, fx4_ever!

I have being demoing you system for pass 1 month, it yeild very good result!

I have try to trade it in a real account, but the initial trade volume are too small for it to start trading, is that anyhere i can adjust the initial trading volume.

Starting a/c is 5k

thank

Thank you, fx4_ever!

I have being demoing you system for pass 1 month, it yeild very good result!

I have try to trade it in a real account, but the initial trade volume are too small for it to start trading, is that anyhere i can adjust the initial trading volume.

Starting a/c is 5k

thank

If it's $5k account, you shouldn't start anything higher than 0.01 as the default setting for the EA. It progress very fast on unpredictable market condition and it will be too dangerous to trade this strategy with higher lots in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
it is a tool only! please re-read the thread

musketeer, I agree with you. But, I come to conclusion that too many EA traders don't think of it as the 'tool'. I should rename it to xxx trading tool, rather than Expert Advisor. Well, too late for this thread, but if I inclined to share any of my other system, I will make sure to rename it. :)

hi musketeer,

would you mind telling us how you define expert advisor please?

i may have missed something but for me, it is a 'tool' to automate my trading and nothing else. :) :) :)

there was no offense Rich, putting an EA 24/5 is not a tool... but running it (for a while) in managed(baby-keep it) mode with conditions met is a tool

there was no offense Rich, putting an EA 24/5 is not a tool... but running it (for a while) in managed(baby-keep it) mode with conditions met is a tool

i see, thanks for that musketeer.

am running it with a very conservative setting with starting lotsizes of 0.01 and 0.02 for each trade cycle as advised by fx4ever. once i am happy with the results after 1month, will run it on 50k account with the above settings.

cheers