Come and join if you like Grid Trading

fx4_ever

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bro fx4_ever,

First of all, thanks for the great EA. I have just tried it live. 1st day return is ~3% of my capital (300).

I have a request/help; can anyone help to program the EA such that after 5 consecutive losses (0.02,0.04,0.08,0.16,0.32), the EA will automatically cut loss? The reason being my MM to allow me to cut loss 5% of the balance then I will call it a day. Will trade again the following day.

Thanks in advance.

you can try to put this EA on another chart and it will close all positions when it hits loss equity defined.(in $)

extern double Open_Loss_To_CloseTrades=-1000; //|The amount of money at which you want to take a loss & close ALL |

//|open trades. eg if the floating loss in your account reaches or goes |

//|beyond -$1000 then ALL the open positions in your account will be |

//|closed. |

//+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

I did not test it, so try it first on demo to see if everything is ok.

Here is .mq4:

http://www.multiupload.com/PYG5FQM7B1

Has anyone a setting that works reliably? I'm trying the different settings in bt using tickdata (post #1), both lead to margin call in January 2010, even with $100k and 0.1/0.2 lots starting. It goes up to 51.2 Lot (wow :-)

There is no so-called reliable setting. Please read through the whole thread. Use it on mini account where 0.01/0.02 is a possible trade size. Even using that position size you have to check your account constantly and not trading during news when big spikes occur. Hence you cant do backtest with this version. It should be modified so you could switch on the close all/hibernate function from that chart (simple change in code so you can stop EA from chart and can backtest while visual testing (in mt4 not possible to open EA properties while backtesting), so you can shut down the EA while you see that there is a strong trend starting). But with current version no point to find settings which survives. This is a tool, not an EA.

Has anyone a setting that works reliably? I'm trying the different settings in bt using tickdata (post #1), both lead to margin call in January 2010, even with $100k and 0.1/0.2 lots starting. It goes up to 51.2 Lot (wow :-)

I cannot tell about good setups because actually I don't use it, as I am on other stuffs.

But, what I can say is, if you are interested in this strategy (grid trading), you have to read the thread from beginning.

Don't want to seem rude, but it is not an EA with a set and forget mindset. You will blow your account if you do so.

With good MM and using the rules given by Fx4-ever, you can make $$$.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks. I tested on gbpusd tick data of two years, using grid sizes from 12 to 100 from the hours of 0 to 4 gmt (7pm to 11pm new york time).

I optimized my settings using several 9-month periods of the tick data and then I tested my optimized settings using several 3-month pieces of the data. This is called "forward testing walkthrough" and it allows me to "forward test" iwin's optimized grid settings using historical data.

From the results of my testing, just the gbpusd pair, the lowest risk comes from trading a 24 pip grid size from the hours of 0 to 4 gmt. Risk is low because the largest lot size over several different 3-month backtesting periods only reached 2.56 lots (level 8) six times. My average relative dd % over those 3-month backtesting periods was only 11%. My average net profit was $12000. Wouldn't you like to make $12000 trading one pair on a micro account in just 3 months of running the ea on gbpusd pair? I don't know about you, but I am taking this to live account with extreme confidence.

These tests took me 2 days to perform on 2 years worth of tick data (99%) from dukascopy and I followed the professional method outlined in "Getting Rich With a Forex Trading Robot"

I used iWin_(indo-invest grp).ex4

BEWARE: do not trade more than one pair if your account is under $10,000. Even with this golden grid size (24 pips) for the hours of 0 to 4 gmt and low risk (remember the highest level my backtest reached was 2.56 lots and 11% relative dd), your live account can very easily get margin call if you trade more than one pair.

For every $10,000 in your live account, only trade one pair. Then wait for it to profit $10,000+. According to my backtests, this should only take you three months to reach.

So if you have $2,000 - $10,000 account - trade 1 pair

$20,000 account - trade 2 pairs at the same time

$30,000 account - trade 3 pairs at the same time

and etc.

Enjoy! and Thank fx4_ever for his contribution.

Edited by bargainbo

Can't be; it either local or market watch.

Right now I can't tell because my local time is the same as market.

I guess the EA doesn't set any stop losses; I'm getting killed right now on the EURUSD.

I think it is using gmt. I was using it on forex.com last year live and Alpari UK and GoTrader (this is clients' accounts) Live.

I was running demo Tadawul for this thread purpose only, but now, I am stopping demo. I had some family emergency and have to stop some of trading. Also need to make room in my PC for future trading strategy. Just FYI. But, if anyone have questions, I'll be around. Just be selective and please be careful. This is afterall, martingale system.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello folks. I tested on gbpusd tick data of two years, using grid sizes from 12 to 100 from the hours of 0 to 4 gmt (7pm to 11pm new york time).

I optimized my settings using several 9-month periods of the tick data and then I tested my optimized settings using several 3-month pieces of the data. This is called "forward testing walkthrough" and it allows me to "forward test" iwin's optimized grid settings using historical data.

From the results of my testing, just the gbpusd pair, the lowest risk comes from trading a 24 pip grid size from the hours of 0 to 4 gmt. Risk is low because the largest lot size over several different 3-month backtesting periods only reached 2.56 lots (level 8) six times. My average relative dd % over those 3-month backtesting periods was only 11%. My average net profit was $12000. Wouldn't you like to make $12000 trading one pair on a micro account in just 3 months of running the ea on gbpusd pair? I don't know about you, but I am taking this to live account with extreme confidence.

These tests took me 2 days to perform on 2 years worth of tick data (99%) from dukascopy and I followed the professional method outlined in "Getting Rich With a Forex Trading Robot"

I used iWin_(indo-invest grp).ex4

BEWARE: do not trade more than one pair if your account is under $10,000. Even with this golden grid size (24 pips) for the hours of 0 to 4 gmt and low risk (remember the highest level my backtest reached was 2.56 lots and 11% relative dd), your live account can very easily get margin call if you trade more than one pair.

For every $10,000 in your live account, only trade one pair. Then wait for it to profit $10,000+. According to my backtests, this should only take you three months to reach.

So if you have $2,000 - $10,000 account - trade 1 pair

$20,000 account - trade 2 pairs at the same time

$30,000 account - trade 3 pairs at the same time

and etc.

Enjoy! and Thank fx4_ever for his contribution.

how is going with this????

i just check but if you trade between 0 to 4 gmt by day i dont understand how you get 12.000$ in 3 month, according to my test i have only 2 or 3 hundred by month. I assume you start with 0.02 because you said 2.56 lot in level 8

Set-file

how is going with this????

i just check but if you trade between 0 to 4 gmt by day i dont understand how you get 12.000$ in 3 month, according to my test i have only 2 or 3 hundred by month. I assume you start with 0.02 because you said 2.56 lot in level 8

Hello

I am sending you this evening my set file. I have a small account and

1800 .- conservative settings made in 2 weeks

Good robot!

Greetings

Freidenker

Hello

I am sending you this evening my set file. I have a small account and

1800 .- conservative settings made in 2 weeks

Good robot!

Greetings

Freidenker

Hi Freidenker,

you need to upload somewhere the file like www.mediafir.com or just put there in post but use

in "Go Advanced" mod of replying.

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Snagit/media/92a0e64b-17d5-401e-a9cf-c29375b217ba/03.10.2011-18.05.04.png

the result will be like that:

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Snagit/media/1e55407a-1c3d-4707-a7fb-6e037bb341e7/03.10.2011-18.06.52.png

Edited by musketeer

My Settings

Hi Freidenker,

you need to upload somewhere the file like www.mediafir.com or just put there in post but use

in "Go Advanced" mod of replying.

[img=http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Snagit/media/92a0e64b-17d5-401e-a9cf-c29375b217ba/03.10.2011-18.05.04.png]

the result will be like that:

[img=http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Snagit/media/1e55407a-1c3d-4707-a7fb-6e037bb341e7/03.10.2011-18.06.52.png][/quote]

Hello again
Thank You Musketeer
Here are my settings:

[code]TradeManagement==== Trade Management ===
ManualEntryOptions==== Manual entry options ===
ManualEntry=0
ManualStartAbove=2.00000000
ManualStartBelow=0.00000000
BreakEvenOptions==== Breakeven options ===
BreakEvenOption=1
TradeCountToSeekBreakEven=5
ShutdownAndHibernation=********** Manual Shutdown and Hibernation **********