Come and join if you like Grid Trading

fx4_ever

Let me explain by illustrating example. You'll see why you want hedging while martingale the losing side.

When you hedge on same pair, it doesn't use margin. So, why not hedge and make extra money? It's free money. If you are Grid/Martingale anyway, adding hedging part of it only helps and never hurts.

I understand about hedging but my question was not about hedging itself, but about why you hedge at THE SAME TIME with selling 0.02, then 0.04, 0.08 etc. Because by doing that, you effectively sell 0.01, then 0.03, then 0.07 lots, etc.

I did not claim that the scheme #2 is better or worse than your original one, as they are equivalent (except for the difference of spreads). You mentioned that "This would work fine and make good profit. but, this example is bit higher than 2x martingale. next level will be 0.15 and 0.32.. increasing the lots too rapidly.", but these trades are actually the same as in the original scheme, which sells 0.02, then 0.04, then 0.08, etc with buying 0.01 lots each time. So effectively, with the original scheme

buy 0.01 & sell 0.02 (== sell 0.01)

buy 0.01 & sell 0.04 (== sell 0.03)

buy 0.01 & sell 0.08 (== sell 0.07)

the scheme #2 is on the RHS of the equations :) .

Would you agree?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand about hedging but my question was not about hedging itself, but about why you hedge at THE SAME TIME with selling 0.02, then 0.04, 0.08 etc. Because by doing that, you effectively sell 0.01, then 0.03, then 0.07 lots, etc.

I did not claim that the scheme #2 is better or worse than your original one, as they are equivalent (except for the difference of spreads). You mentioned that "This would work fine and make good profit. but, this example is bit higher than 2x martingale. next level will be 0.15 and 0.32.. increasing the lots too rapidly.", but these trades are actually the same as in the original scheme, which sells 0.02, then 0.04, then 0.08, etc with buying 0.01 lots each time. So effectively, with the original scheme

buy 0.01 & sell 0.02 (== sell 0.01)

buy 0.01 & sell 0.04 (== sell 0.03)

buy 0.01 & sell 0.08 (== sell 0.07)

the scheme #2 is on the RHS of the equations :) .

Would you agree?

Oh, I misunderstood your questions. Yes, your are absolutely correct. I agreed the end results and profit factor, margin used - all same. No difference.

Only difference is, which is small difference, is swap charges depends on the direction that you are holding.

Hi fx4_ever

Thanks for this iWin EA it is testing out great ! I use it as a trade manager sort of thing I will wait for an entry alert using currency strengh and then just let it run for one cycal with all levels set at 20pips.

I do have one question ! How does the EA work out the trend ? As some times I will put it on a chart and the sell side will be 0.02 but some times if the trend is the other way the buy side will be 0.02 ;/

Thanks 4xTraderz...

Hi fx4_ever

Thanks for this iWin EA it is testing out great ! I use it as a trade manager sort of thing I will wait for an entry alert using currency strengh and then just let it run for one cycal with all levels set at 20pips.

I do have one question ! How does the EA work out the trend ? As some times I will put it on a chart and the sell side will be 0.02 but some times if the trend is the other way the buy side will be 0.02 ;/

Thanks 4xTraderz...

Rotation of higher lots between longs and short were in place to catch the swing of the movement. As reading your description, you are using it like it is a tool. That is exactly what I am using. Put it on retracement area (it's all guesstimate, but still educated guess) and put EA to run. Then target $$ and let it hibernate, etc..

- please check your PM.

2010.10.15 13:39:14 iWin_(no restriction) EURUSD,M5: Trade error: 4051 - invalid function parameter value

2010.10.15 13:39:14 iWin_(no restriction) EURUSD,M5: invalid lots amount for OrderSend function

???

Yes I do the same....my broker is allowed min 1 lot for mini lot ( not 0.1 for mini lot),,..... please help this,???

Please try it on different broker who is allowed 0.01 lots. If your broker doesn't allowed lower lots, you shouldn't trade Grid/Martingale system.

Thank you fx4_ever for your kind reply..,, I like this grid trade strategy. I have live acct, I use another grid strategy. I am very love to use your iWin....but unfortunately I am not able to use this iWin EA,, so please could you code it for my broker allowed 1 lot for mini account. Thanks before.

Thank you fx4_ever for your kind reply..,, I like this grid trade strategy. I have live acct, I use another grid strategy. I am very love to use your iWin....but unfortunately I am not able to use this iWin EA,, so please could you code it for my broker allowed 1 lot for mini account. Thanks before.

If you traded this EA with 0.1 as your starting lot size you would blow even the most well funded account in no time ! Even 0.01 is risky if your not there to keep an eye on things ;/ Your best bet would be to open a micro account play it safe so you can go on to trade another day :)

Hi warmanever,

I think 4xTraderz is completely right, this kind of strategy is made for little profit taken often, but it must handle drawdowns and if you put higher lots at start, what will you do if a trend happens and goes against you for .... lots of pips, even collecting profit along the way, at one point if you started too big, you will blow your account, it is not a question: if that happens, it is more like: when will it happen?

fx4-ever has used his iWinEA for 3 years, if he used 0.01 lots, then he might have a reason, don't you think?

But as you are a smart trader and knows all, if you really want to test if for yourself (blowing account, i mean) I will give you the trick to put whatever lots you want using any EAs.

Just use a "Trades COPY " software (with master and slave) and you can choose to trade 1000 lots if you want.

freddy

This is what he wrote on tsf elite forum - Update 10/17/2010

Upload new file. More external options for your own risk settings.

Please note that this strategy should be used as trading tool and I would not recommend it running on 24/5 mode unattended.

It's Grid/Martingale and risk is higher than those non-martingale system. Trade at your own risk and always, demo first please.

http://www.förexsharing.cöm/813405

Can I join in saying: Do not use it with different than 0.01 lots (aka micro)... Get demo with equal to your acc deposit and put it live forward demo test...

Hi everyone

I like using this iWin EA to trade the trend as its a safer way to use martingale as you have the strengh behind you. If you counter trend trade and it goes against you using martingale the drawdown can be extreme.

Trade time - London open till London close! 8.00am GMT till 5.00pm GMT.

I will work out the trend and place the EA only going one way and as soon as I see the trend getting weak I will set it to hibernate after cycal.

Its working out great with grid size 20 ill keep you posted.

4xTraderz

I have tried to replace the two " ö " by " o ", and indeed it still shows invalid forex sharing link

Ok, sorry my bad, (i did not checked it before!)

but it should be the same version that fx4_ever shared in his post#125 (only fx4_ever and those who downloaded the one from post#161 could tell us)

Anyway version posted by fx4_ever works very well!

Selective time trading

Try to use selective hours of trading and do not run 24/5. Much safer and still steady income.

http://i53.tinypic.com/oit2jm.png

Statement

http://www.multiupload.com/G58MZ7UEDL

Used selective hours of trading

http://i54.tinypic.com/2d9z1y1.png

Note: I had to choose 0.05 and 0.1 lot for this broker due to broker's mininum lot size limitation. ** Tadawul broker won't allow lot size less than 0.05

4xTraderz described well for optimizing this system. He trade iWin with strength of the trend during UK session. This post, I trade low ranging hours, NY afternoon to beginning of Asian session. So, you can pick and choose. But, you have to experiment with different settings to fit your trading style.

Good luck to you all and safe trading!

Edited by fx4_ever

Hi warmanever,

I think 4xTraderz is completely right, this kind of strategy is made for little profit taken often, but it must handle drawdowns and if you put higher lots at start, what will you do if a trend happens and goes against you for .... lots of pips, even collecting profit along the way, at one point if you started too big, you will blow your account, it is not a question: if that happens, it is more like: when will it happen?

fx4-ever has used his iWinEA for 3 years, if he used 0.01 lots, then he might have a reason, don't you think?

But as you are a smart trader and knows all, if you really want to test if for yourself (blowing account, i mean) I will give you the trick to put whatever lots you want using any EAs.

Just use a "Trades COPY " software (with master and slave) and you can choose to trade 1000 lots if you want.

freddy

Hi Freddy,

I am really appreciated for your advice, thank you. I thing this grid strategy it is not dangerous (will blowing acct), the important thing is we should have more equity and when we should to entry or start the trade. I am Agreed with fx4_ever we should not running this EA for 24/7. And the reason i like this strategy is this grid doing what should we have to do if we at the wrong position.

I am really want to test this EA in my real live acct...so would you like to give me your trick "Trades Copy" so i can put the min lot as my broker rules. Thank you.

Ok, sorry my bad, (i did not checked it before!)

but it should be the same version that fx4_ever shared in his post#125 (only fx4_ever and those who downloaded the one from post#161 could tell us)

Anyway version posted by fx4_ever works very well!

Hi Freddy,

I got the same to, there is invalid sharing link, will you give another link for that??

Hi Freddy,

I am really appreciated for your advice, thank you. I thing this grid strategy it is not dangerous (will blowing acct), the important thing is we should have more equity and when we should to entry or start the trade. I am Agreed with fx4_ever we should not running this EA for 24/7. And the reason i like this strategy is this grid doing what should we have to do if we at the wrong position.

I am really want to test this EA in my real live acct...so would you like to give me your trick "Trades Copy" so i can put the min lot as my broker rules. Thank you.

Just use the search function, here on II, for copytool or trade copier EA and you will find many threads (Forum:MetaTrader Expert Advisors) about that, you need to read a little, it is all explained.

Hi Freddy,

I got the same to, there is invalid sharing link, will you give another link for that??

Sorry, I don't have the version from the post #161, I only have the one posted by fx4_ever.

I don't know if it is the same or not .

That is what i said earlier! : (only fx4_ever and those who downloaded the one from post#161 could tell us)

Hi fx4

Thanks for the EA. I am currently testing the EA 24x7 - Just started today. I am a newbee. I like to take your advice by trading during certain time only. What would be your recommendation?

Thank you in advance.

Hi vwknight

Post 169

4xTraderz...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I found the error in expert. After the 6th grid orders are opened at each tick. And in general expert stops working. Maybe somebody who has the decompiled version can look in code and correct this?

You can get this at backtesting EURUSD in 2007 with grid space 10 at all levels. Tried to optimize the grid, but sooner or later this error appear and kill the account.