Come and join if you like Grid Trading

fx4_ever

I did a file comparison of the 4 and 5 digit versions and these are the only differences:

4 Digit Version 5 Digit Version

extern int StopLoss = 150 ; extern int StopLoss = 1500;

extern int CT_TakeProfit = 5 ; extern int CT_TakeProfit = 50;

extern int T_TakeProfit = 10 ; extern int T_TakeProfit = 100;

extern int TotalOrders = 9 ; extern int TotalOrders = 90; <==

extern int CT_Interval = 1 ; extern int CT_Interval = 10;

extern int T_Interval = 5 ; extern int T_Interval = 50;

extern int RangeGap = 10 ; extern int RangeGap = 100;

extern int NumberOfCycles = 4; extern int NumberOfCycles = 10;

extern int RunTime = 24; extern int RunTime = 0;

However TotalOrders shold not be changed as mentioned in the documentation "5 decimal account addendum for Gridzilla EA.pdf". It is just the total orders that Gridzilla could open I think. The documentation mention changing only StopLoss, CT_TakeProfit, T_TakeProfit, CT_Interval, T_Interval and RangeGap as these values are in pips.

So, please note, don't add a zero to TotalOrders unless you really want that many orders. The other two, NumberOfCycles and RunTime is up to you, or follow the guidelines.

Looks like the code I posted could be used to test for 5-digit pricing and just mutiply those 6 inputs by 10 for 5-digit brokers.

Thanks musketeer for the quick reposting and the modification. The code snippet is not mine but from the MQL documentation and various other postings. I think your mod would work as well, if not we may have to do the multiplication method.

Hope we all don't get confused with so many versions :-)

Thanks again musketeer! Do test it out guys!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't come out nicely. Here's the differences again, hope it come out better.

extern int TotalOrders = 9 ; extern int TotalOrders = 90; <== No need to change

extern int NumberOfCycles = 4; extern int NumberOfCycles = 10;

extern int RunTime = 24; extern int RunTime = 0;

Edited by murtamad
sorry, the formatting didn't work.

Just want to clarified this...

It didn't come out nicely. Here's the differences again, hope it come out better.

extern int TotalOrders = 9 ; extern int TotalOrders = 90; <== No need to change

extern int NumberOfCycles = 4; extern int NumberOfCycles = 10; -- this should be 4 unless you want more cycles.

extern int RunTime = 24; extern int RunTime = 0; -- this should be 24 unless you want to run the settings ungoing.

Blue part is the one that matters if you are using 4 or 5 digit brokers. I upload 2 version because many will be confused about the Grid intervals and SL/TP. But, it is same EA, just settings are different. I should have post the set file instead of 2 separate EA. Once we have correct version of the EA that can use on both, 4 or 5 digit brokers, I will update the first post

Green color is an optional, but I use default settings. This doesn't change because you have 4 digit or 5 digit brokers.

Just want to clarified this...

Blue part is the one that matters if you are using 4 or 5 digit brokers. I upload 2 version because many will be confused about the Grid intervals and SL/TP. But, it is same EA, just settings are different. I should have post the set file instead of 2 separate EA. Once we have correct version of the EA that can use on both, 4 or 5 digit brokers, I will update the first post

Green color is an optional, but I use default settings. This doesn't change because you have 4 digit or 5 digit brokers.

did you try it? last with "MyPoint" in the name?

I can confirm ..no ECN . .I try it this morning in a new demo account ecn ..all orders failed.. and after 30min messages was "account disabled" :D

Thanks berusnet! I thought so too, but wasn't sure. Any coders can mod this EA to work with ECN brokers?

Edit: musketeer, I am removing Ecn code that i posted here. Because EA works on ECN as is. If it works, no reason to clutter the thread.

Edited by fx4_ever

hXXp://[email protected]/file/LLgd3Hvy/Gridzilla-V7D-democured-nohibe.html

it is with murtamad's code

hXXp://[email protected]/file/B6ZZhTrm/Gridzilla-V7D-democured-nohibe.html

it is the version with continuous trading

mediafire gets in maintenance ...

Good monring musketeer! I am downloading the file now. :) I just update the first page. Can you tell me if my notation is correct or not? I want to make sure... Thanks for all your help.

I have the 5digit version (without the ECN-modifications) running on GoMarkets Demo.

GoMarkets is an ECN-broker ( initial order must be without TP and SL, then when placed TP and SL can be placed by

a modify order ).

It works fine.

Which one are you using? One upload by musketeer ? Gridzilla-V7D~-democured-nohibernation-myPoint

Edit:

Thanks, I just tried and it works on ECN (Citifx).

So, I guess it is now runs on ECN as well as non-ECN. Great! :)

Edited by fx4_ever

Can't quite follow the post. So is the latest version that works for 4 and 5 digits as indicated in post 1? What about the settings? Also does it matter with timeframe the EA should be attached to? Has anyone backtested. I tried and there is no trade taken. I just used the default settings of the version I found under post 1.

Can't quite follow the post. So is the latest version that works for 4 and 5 digits as indicated in post 1? What about the settings? Also does it matter with timeframe the EA should be attached to? Has anyone backtested. I tried and there is no trade taken. I just used the default settings of the version I found under post 1.

Settings that we use for this Grid is as is for now except for the lot size. I don't know about backtesting.. This thread is to run forward test and share the optimal settings. Since thread is very new, we haven't had much of input on this yet. I hope people will share their settings and share their input on this soon.

Musketeer, I don't think 5 digit broker mod works. Look at the screen shot below. The main reason that we want to have this mod is to use same settings and EA will adjust according to the broker's feed, whether it is 4 digits or 5 digits. But when I used 100 SL and 5 TP, on 5 digits broker, it places 10 SL and 0.5 TP. What could be wrong? Can you check please or am I missing something?

http://i52.tinypic.com/2pzdy7n.png

Assessment..

so far, I think it is best to re-set your EA after reaching your goal. If you can study chart and input your midline, it would be even better. This way, if you are trading off of certain time frame, you can judge yourself if pricing is ranging for that period or trending.

Also, key is to set your lot size to handle the drawdown. The creator of the EA suggest 0.01 lot per $1000.00 (standard account). However, I think it will be safer if we can lower that lot size. i.e. 0.02 per $5000.00 (standard) 0.02 per $500.00 (mini account)

target = $80 - $100.00 (standard) or $ 8 - $10.00 (mini) == 1.5% - 2% per trade cycle.

Anyone has any input?

Edited by fx4_ever

I tried the first version that you posted with MBtrading, however modify manually all tp/stp .. for me would be a great bore.

The broker I've tried accepted all orders of the grid, with your original settings, but declined to execute them, before saying "timeout", then "too many orders" and after "account disabled" . Next week I hope to find time to do tests with no-ecn Broker. this week I have start try/test real trading with belkhayate,oanfx,cog methods.( I like them as price based indicator..manual trading) May be good input as pivot of the grid ,the gravity center ? . ... I will try :)

I tried the first version that you posted with MBtrading, however modify manually all tp/stp .. for me would be a great bore.

The broker I've tried accepted all orders of the grid, with your original settings, but declined to execute them, before saying "timeout", then "too many orders" and after "account disabled" . Next week I hope to find time to do tests with no-ecn Broker. this week I have start try/test real trading with belkhayate,oanfx,cog methods.( I like them as price based indicator..manual trading) May be good input as pivot of the grid ,the gravity center ? . ... I will try :)

Thanks for the input. I also don't know if EA will open any trade/close any trade as designed if brokers has FIFO rules. Some brokers has many rules of their own, so we should be aware of it. I really like this EA and somewhere in the settings, I think we can optimized to make this very profitable strategy with little DD. ConterTrend can be friends or foe in Grid trading. I am thinking I should increase the CT intervals. I have to do some study this weekend.

that's true, I see with aud usd in test demo real time...but I want to see this EA in any type of market and different volatility..

For example, remember last April? Greece problems..if this EA survive at that market it will be very interisting.

If I understand the EA correctly, (again, I maybe wrong in this calculation), your max loss will be (SL x 45 positions x each lot size x # of positions) less profit.

So, if you are trading 0.01 lot (let's say, it is standard lot = 10 cents value). 10 cents x 45 x (100 pip SL) = $450.00 minus any profit you've made. I think this will be your max loss. But, in reality, not all trade will hit 100 pip SL at one time since it is placed incrementally. But, to estimate, if you set your SL = 100 and LossTargetFactor = 450, that will be your loss. Ofcourse, if you trade 0.02 lot, it will be doubled, etc. ** don't hold me to this because I haven't had experience this option yet.

Once you stopped out, you can reverse by setting EA to trend mode.

If you watch the video, I think it explain how to use spread sheet to set your EA. I am planning on study it this weekend. Because I tried to use Spread Sheet, it's bit confusing. I guess I still don't get everything about this EA.

Edited by fx4_ever

Hi fx4_ever,

Kindly upload your set file for taking certain target (let say US$100), then repeat again to trade in the next cycle.

thanks in advance.

Using original EA (not modified EA for 4-5 brokers') Settings like below:

Note: StartUpHour set to = -100 means, it will open immediately. Suggested lotsize is 0.01 per $1000.00. Going forward, I am going to use 0.02 lots for $5K account. I think it is much safer and still making profit.

(5 digits broker)

extern double PivotPoint = 0.0;

extern int StartUpHour = -100;

extern double LotSize = 0.02;

extern int StopLoss = 1000;

extern int CT_TakeProfit = 50;

extern int T_TakeProfit = 100;

extern int TotalOrders = 90;

extern int CT_Interval = 10;

extern int T_Interval = 50;

extern int RangeGap = 100;

extern int Mode = 0;

extern int ProfitTargetFactor = 80;

extern int LossTargetFactor = 10000;

extern int InitialRangeMidline = 0;

extern int NumberOfCycles = 4;

extern int RunTime = 24;

extern bool Eraser = FALSE;

extern int Slippage = 0;

extern int SKIP_LEVEL_ERRORS = 1;

extern bool DoScreenShots = FALSE;

(4 digits broker)

extern double PivotPoint = 0.0;

extern int StartUpHour = -100;

extern double LotSize = 0.02;

extern int StopLoss = 100;

extern int CT_TakeProfit = 5;

extern int T_TakeProfit = 10;

extern int TotalOrders = 90;

extern int CT_Interval = 1;

extern int T_Interval = 5;

extern int RangeGap = 10;

extern int Mode = 0;

extern int ProfitTargetFactor = 80;

extern int LossTargetFactor = 10000;

extern int InitialRangeMidline = 0;

extern int NumberOfCycles = 4;

extern int RunTime = 24;

extern bool Eraser = FALSE;

extern int Slippage = 0;

extern int SKIP_LEVEL_ERRORS = 1;

extern bool DoScreenShots = FALSE;

Note: Post #1 has the set files that you can download as well.

Edited by fx4_ever

I saw the video on the site, you

is certainly concepts

interesting.

But honestly I have the impression that

we analyze a particular type of market

that could be very dangerous, a

market seen in 2008 and that sooner or later

return.

A very directional (long or short)

without retracements.

In a case like this and buy buy

buy or vice versa, sells sells and sells.

We should do a backtest on 2008, with

hope that this is reliable.

That year I often saw bars

long and highly directional (the

decrease).

I do not want to sound too complicated ... I learned the hard way that if a system has a leak sooner or later pay the consequences.

Better fix it before starting the real ;-)