Come and join if you like Grid Trading

fx4_ever

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in expert

2010.09.20 08:48:16 Gridzilla-V7D-democured-nohibe EURUSD,H1: Starting Gridzilla-V7D-democured-nohibe around 130710 (0)

2010.09.20 08:48:05 Gridzilla-V7D-democured-nohibe EURUSD,H1: initialized

2010.09.20 08:48:05 Gridzilla-V7D-democured-nohibe EURUSD,H1: Gridzilla will start at 2010.09.20 08:48 for 24 hours.

2010.09.20 08:48:05 Gridzilla-V7D-democured-nohibe EURUSD,H1: Starting Gridzilla-V7D-democured-nohibe in Auto(Pivot [H(2010.09.17 10:00)= 1.31580 + L(2010.09.17 17:00)= 1.30190 + C(2010.09.17 22:00)= 1.30360]/3 = 1.30710) mode around 130710

2010.09.20 08:48:05 Gridzilla-V7D-democured-nohibe EURUSD,H1 inputs: PivotPoint=0; StartUpHour=-100; LotSize=0.01; StopLoss=200; CT_TakeProfit=5; T_TakeProfit=10; TotalOrders=90; CT_Interval=1; T_Interval=5; RangeGap=10; Mode=0; ProfitTargetFactor=100; LossTargetFactor=10000; InitialRangeMidline=0; NumberOfCycles=4; RunTime=24; Eraser=false; Slippage=0; SKIP_LEVEL_ERRORS=1; DoScreenShots=false;

2010.09.20 08:48:05 Gridzilla-V7D-democured-nohibe EURUSD,H1: uninit reason 5

Gridzilla-V7D~-democured-nohibernation-myPoint inputs: PivotPoint=0; StartUpHour=-100; LotSize=0.05; StopLoss=1000; CT_TakeProfit=50; T_TakeProfit=100; TotalOrders=90; CT_Interval=10; T_Interval=50; RangeGap=100; Mode=0; ProfitTargetFactor=200; LossTargetFactor=1000; InitialRangeMidline=0; NumberOfCycles=4; RunTime=24; Slippage=0; SKIP_LEVEL_ERRORS=1;

the time is broker's based, not your local of the pc used

Hi Guys/Gals;

Sorry for not posting often. Past week or so and still to date, I am having rough time re-storing / re-building my PC(s). Catching this nasty virus from "ziddu" site mess up every PCs and laptops in my network at home. I am ended up re-installing O/S on all of the machines since backup files also seem to be contain this virus! Real Nasty stuff. Never had this type of virus where O/S can't bring any of programs. Anything with executable isn't working. :-O

So sorry to hear that your PCs caught a nasty virus. I haven't got any from the ziddu site so far, but I guess we should stop visiting that site for the time being anyway. Either the Trend anti-virus is really good, or just plain lucky so far. Haven't noticed any warning messages from Trend AV or Symantec (on office network) though. Probably plan lucky didn't download the file that you downloaded. Could you tell us the name of the file that you last downloaded from the ziddu site? Would help others to avoid/recognise it. Thanks.

So sorry to hear that your PCs caught a nasty virus. I haven't got any from the ziddu site so far, but I guess we should stop visiting that site for the time being anyway. Either the Trend anti-virus is really good, or just plain lucky so far. Haven't noticed any warning messages from Trend AV or Symantec (on office network) though. Probably plan lucky didn't download the file that you downloaded. Could you tell us the name of the file that you last downloaded from the ziddu site? Would help others to avoid/recognise it. Thanks.

Yeah, it was forex-tester. My symantec scanned the file and it was safe file. I didn't get the virus from the file. I got it from ziddu site. You know when you get there to download, you have to find the download links.. During that time, web page got hi-jacked and next thing I know, my laptop got freezed. so, I reboot my laptop and first, I noticed that my task bar got messed up (no icon were showing). So, I reboot it again.. same thing. But, I was able to open programs from Start/programs, so I went on and did the work as normal. But, later as time goes, my Anti-virus software keep popping up with infected files in quarantine and within very short time, my hard drive space went down to near zero (just few meg left) and none of the program was able to run. Long story short, I ran malware, clean up all infected files, uninstall some program and free up the space, etc.. free up HD space to approx 15 gig. reboot, immediately, my hard drive got filled up again and left me less than 250 meg. This nasty stuff (I don't even know what it was since I couldn't search the file to narrow it down) spread thru my entire network (Total 4 PCs and 3 laptops ). I thought I could save some of the stuff on my network by backing up the files, but my Backup contained this virus, I guess. After uploading the backup file, nightmare start all over.

So, now, I am bring/rebuilding O/S one by one machine at a time. Actually, this is 2nd time I got something from Ziddu. But, first time, it didn't damaged any of my machines like this one.

My first virus was from this link. When I tried to download FX4Caster. File is good. Again, Ziddu site was the one that gave me virus.

(Please do not press the link below. You may or may not get virus)

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/1736-FX4Caster-Currency-Strength-Meter?p=98570&viewfull=1#post98570

Edited by fx4_ever

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All:

I am sorry for not posting on this thread. A lot has happened since. As I posted before, PC got infected with nasty virus.. Then, some personal issues that I have been dealing with.. On top of everything else, CFTC ruling of lowering leverage on Forex brokers in US, Grid strategy/martingale/hedging may not be work out for me personally.

However, there are many of you who is not in US, still can open an account with brokers still allowing higher leverage (200:1) still can use strategy such as Grid/Martingale/Hedging.

So, as my contribution, I will release my own EA that I developed and paid professionally coded for my own use to anyone still interested in Grid/Martingale/Hedging system. If you still believe Grid/Martingale/Hedging strategy s going to work for you, please check in tomorrow. I finally able to get Dukascopy tick data to back test. I will post how to get EA. If anyone think it is SCAM, please stay away! :)

Edited by fx4_ever

Hi All:

I am sorry for not posting on this thread. A lot has happened since. As I posted before, PC got infected with nasty virus.. Then, some personal issues that I have been dealing with.. On top of everything else, CFTC ruling of lowering leverage on Forex brokers in US, Grid strategy/martingale/hedging may not be work out for me personally.

However, there are many of you who is not in US, still can open an account with brokers still allowing higher leverage (200:1) still can use strategy such as Grid/Martingale/Hedging.

So, as my contribution, I will release my own EA that I developed and paid professionally coded for my own use to anyone still interested in Grid/Martingale/Hedging system. If you still believe Grid/Martingale/Hedging strategy s going to work for you, please check in tomorrow. I finally able to get Dukascopy tick data to back test. I will post how to get EA. If anyone think it is SCAM, please stay away! :)

Hi fx4_ever,

Like I've said many times, I do like martingale/grid w/ and w/o hedging :) So, i am interested, and count me in :)

Cheers!

Hi fx4_ever,

Like I've said many times, I do like martingale/grid w/ and w/o hedging :) So, i am interested, and count me in :)

Cheers!

me too, i (just) like EA with the concept of price based action (such as martingale, hedging and grid), and this kind of EA is my favorite :). Thank you fx4_ever, count me in too.

My Grid/Martingale/Hedge all in one EA - iWin

Hi:

As I promised, here is my EA. Please see note.txt included in the zip file before you email me please. Back test looks good, but real time trading is actually better perform. It is Grid/Martingale/Hedging in all in one. So, I tried to make strategy as profitable as possible without using the StopLoss. However, if you see a drawdown that is not comfortable, please use 'manual shutdown' function to close all open positions and start again. First loss is the best loss... System will start making that money back real fast, so don't worry about cutting the losses time to time. While there's no guarantee in any trading, especially this types of trading system like iWin, I am sharing this anyone who is interested in the system. So, trade at your own risk.

Enjoy it and many pips to you all!:))

http://i52.tinypic.com/309hai8.png

Download EA:

http://www.multiupload.com/QUWZQ3TVT4

Note: uploaded EA works on demo account, 4 or 5 digit and ECN brokers.

If you read document, you'll know how to get the live EA. But PLEASE, PLEASE, don't request Live EA until you give it a real time trading on demo first.

Hi fx4_ever

Thank you very much for your post. Kudos to you for your system. I think that somebody as musketeer is able to recode it free for live acc. I´m not now sure how much it´s necessarily. Can you tell us how this EA work?

What is your recomended capital for every 1 minilot?

Thank you again!

Thanks fx4_ever, however I get this message when I try to backtest:

Alert: The account 16384 is not registered to run this EA!\nPlease write [email protected] for details.

So does everyone who wants to backtest it have to email you?

No, if it is demo account, it should work. No matter what the account# is. Is 16384 by any chance live account?

If you want live account, you need to email me live account#. Otherwise, it works on any demo, forward test or back test.

Hi fx4_ever

Thank you very much for your post. Kudos to you for your system. I think that somebody as musketeer is able to recode it free for live acc. I´m not now sure how much it´s necessarily. Can you tell us how this EA work?

What is your recomended capital for every 1 minilot?

Thank you again!

It is the EA that I have professional coder to program. So, no need to recode. After you test it on your demo, just send me an email with your live account#. Then, I will send it to you EA for live account# coded.

It is default to 0.01 lots to start the first cycle of order. And it is best you do not increase the lot size when grid trading. Rather, you add another currencies to your trading. Example: If you have $3000.00 to start, you only trade 1 pair. When you have $6000.00, you add 2nd pair, etc.. It explain in the document.

If anyone has experience in Grid Trading/Martingale trading, you need adequate funding in your account to being trading this method with proper leverage.

If your broker offers anything less than 200:1, I wouldn't recommend trading any kind of Grid/martingale strategy. I think $3-5,000.00 to start will be ok.

If you have truely mini account (like IBFX mini - EURUSDm), which 0.01 lot = 1 cent value, then, you can try it on $500.00. But, do not make a mistake of thinking when your broker said you can trade mini lots. Standard account on 0.01 lot is NOT SAME as Mini account on 0.01 lot. Please make sure not to be confused.

I can tell you right now that Tadawul is not good broker to trade this method since their lowest lot size is 0.05 lots (they do not allow 0.01 lot unless they've changed)

Instaforex may not be suitable since they only allow you to trade total 5 orders. Grid strategy, it most likely you'll have more than 5 positions open.

So, you need to really try this on demo and find out all restrictions that your broker may put on to use this type of system.

I post this EA on paid forum this morning as well as here. If you are member for the paid forum, you'll see some of the same (or similar post).. I apologize for the redundancy in advance. I will only post if information will benefit Grid traders here @ Indo-Invest.

This is Grid+Martingale+Hedge strategy in one and it runs as cycle. Which meaning, you'll have many open positions until the cycle close all when it hit profit. It is automatically done.

As for optimization, you need to change the Grid space and other available options to test it out. I ran sample back test on just 1 month. 1) with 10 pip grid space and 2) with 50 pip grid space. Most people thinks shorter grid space is dangerous, but it is all depend on how market moves and if it has momentum to carry the bull or bear. So, you can't just assume larger grid space is better.

Attached, there is 2 samples that I tested. First one is spacing at 10 pips and 2nd one is spacing at 50 pips.

If you used 10 pip spacing, your fox draw down is approx 1700.00. Let's say, you really feeling the pain while you have that draw down and you decided to cut the losses. You still ended up with profit of $1300.00. That's 26% net gain in 1 month. But, if you are ok with $1700.00 draw down and didn't cut the losses, then, your total net gain is $ $3000.00, which is 60%.

so, here, your risk/reward = 30%-60% (1:2)

To compare this to using 50 pip spacing,n (2nd picture below) your draw down is about same, approx $ 1500.00. But, if you feel the pain when you see $1500.00 and cut the losses, you ended up with negative(- $1000.00 )for the month. But, if you do not take the loss and let the trade finished its cycle, you'll ended up with 8.5% (approx $450.00 net)

So, here, your risk/reward = 30%- 8.5% (3:1)

Perhaps, the month that I tested just happened to be big difference. But, in order to optimized, you'll need to know how the certain pair moves and when is the good time to start/stop trading the Grid/Martingale/Hedging method. But, I hope you'll get the gist of what I am trying to show here.

http://i55.tinypic.com/35082nd.gif

http://i52.tinypic.com/293gktl.gif

Edited by fx4_ever

Update--

My email is already full with live account request, so I decided to remove all restriction on account# and expiration date, etc.

So, now no need for email me. First page also updated.

Download EA: (without any restriction on account#. No expiration date)

http://www.multiupload.com/PZCTZEGMI2

Note: uploaded EA works on demo account, live account, 4 or 5 digit and ECN brokers. No expiration date.

PLEASE, PLEASE, don't trade Live until you give it a real time trading on demo first.