Come and join if you like Grid Trading

fx4_ever

i see, thanks for that musketeer.

am running it with a very conservative setting with starting lotsizes of 0.01 and 0.02 for each trade cycle as advised by fx4ever. once i am happy with the results after 1month, will run it on 50k account with the above settings.

cheers

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/mirusevxs33/varchev-demo/46779

go to custom analysis and choose "VG"

till november 23 it was for 10k acc

after that it is for 50k

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, on the setting what is "additionalPip"????

Someone here is using it on a real account???

Have you ever checked error on the code?

thanks

I have 4107 error on 2010 Backtest (older backtest than 2010 is ok);

Can you fix the problem plz?

additional pip is to tell EA to close-all cycle after 1 full retracement (grid space) plus add xx pip

I do not know about that error. I am running currently without any issues.

I offered EA 'as is' base, so no planning on any modification. Sorry about that.

I backtest my eas as long as possible.

With your ea I would like to trade "strange" pairs, because all others pairs is "busy" with others systems.

I'm unable to find a good set file to these pairs:

eur/cad - gbp/chf - usd/cad - eur/nzd

Someone is able to find it?

With my capital i can start form 0.1 (not less) but I can reach 10th position, NOT MORE!!;

(0,1-0,2-0,4-0,8-1,6-3,2-6,4-12,8-25,6-51,2)

thanks

I backtest my eas as long as possible.

With your ea I would like to trade "strange" pairs, because all others pairs is "busy" with others systems.

I'm unable to find a good set file to these pairs:

eur/cad - gbp/chf - usd/cad - eur/nzd

Someone is able to find it?

With my capital i can start form 0.1 (not less) but I can reach 10th position, NOT MORE!!;

(0,1-0,2-0,4-0,8-1,6-3,2-6,4-12,8-25,6-51,2)

thanks

how much you can survive with 100 lots position against you?

all my systems has 10 years backtests, don't worry! -

http://www.fxmainvestments.altervista.org/

This grid ea (Iwin) is interesting, but in my opinion we had to remove the time filter (because first o then it will fails)

an try to set a grid distane according to the pairs we use it.

so?

you did not answer my question...

:)

IMHO this EA is a tool only but I will not repeat it anymore... no sense to do that

Can I add some more Q? how much you can survive with 100 lots position against you? and what is your goal - monthly (or yearly)?

so?

you did not answer my question...

:)

IMHO this EA is a tool only but I will not repeat it anymore... no sense to do that

Can I add some more Q? how much you can survive with 100 lots position against you? and what is your goal - monthly (or yearly)?

if you don't want positions against you don't use martingale!

This ea can't work in a long period with only 10 - 12 pips of distance between two grids, you can add all timefilter you want...

this year I've made 46,74%

monthly about 4-6%

I didn't look at the code, but Error 4107 usually happens on backtests, because the Ask and Bid prices get skewed with too many digits. Usually, using NormalizeDouble(Ask,Digits) or NormalizeDouble(Bid,Digits) will fix the problem. If it's an OrderClose problem, I use OrderClosePrice() instead of Ask or Bid and that usually solves it. I don't think you'll have the same problem in forward testing though.

My comments below...

all my systems has 10 years backtests, don't worry! -

http://www.fxmainvestments.altervista.org/

Is this what you are referring to when you said you have 10 years backtesting ?

I am not sure what fxmainvestments does/offers, but the site link shows 'myfxbook' link and it doesn't looks like it is using similar type of strategy. I see your starting balance is $75K and over a month period, you have net gain of approc 6% and current DD is about at $700.00. However, your DD pips in total is - 6600 pips. (I see this info from your myfxbook - http://www.myfxbook.com/members/fxma/fxma-investments/67522 ) This to me, you are basically grid trading on very small lotsize without systematic multiplier . Only reason that you are showing low drawdown is your lot size is very small in for the size of the balance. My opinion, you can't compare your strategy that are running under your posted link above to "iWin" since it isn't the same types of strategy. So, I am not sure what you mean by when you said "we had to remove the time filter..because it will fail..."

This grid ea (Iwin) is interesting, but in my opinion we had to remove the time filter (because first o then it will fails)

an try to set a grid distane according to the pairs we use it.

Edited by fx4_ever

mq4

Was the mq4 posted or just the ex4 ?

Latest Update on this thread:

Nov 20, /2010

Hi All:

I am sorry for not posting on this thread for awhile. A lot has happened since. As I posted before, PC got infected with nasty virus.. Then, some personal issues that I have been dealing with.. On top of everything else, CFTC ruling of lowering leverage on Forex brokers in US, Grid strategy/martingale/hedging may not be work out for me personally.

However, there are many of you who is not in US, still can open an account with brokers still allowing higher leverage (200:1) still can use strategy such as Grid/Martingale/Hedging.

So, as my contribution, I will release my own EA that I developed and paid professionally coded for my own use to anyone still interested in Grid/Martingale/Hedging system. If you still believe Grid/Martingale/Hedging strategy s going to work for you.

If anyone think it is SCAM, please stay away!

~~~~~~~~~~

As I promised, here is my EA. Please see note.txt included in the zip file before you email me please. Back test looks good, but real time trading is actually better perform. It is Grid/Martingale/Hedging in all in one. So, I tried to make strategy as profitable as possible without using the StopLoss. However, if you see a drawdown that is not comfortable, please use 'manual shutdown' function to close all open positions and start again. First loss is the best loss... System will start making that money back real fast, so don't worry about cutting the losses time to time. While there's no guarantee in any trading, especially this types of trading system like iWin, I am sharing this anyone who is interested in the system. So, trade at your own risk.

Enjoy it and many pips to you all!:)

http://i52.tinypic.com/309hai8.png

UPDATE: Nov 10, 2010

Download EA from link below: (without any restriction on account#. No expiration date, full version)

Set files that I use also included in the zip file.

http://www.multiupload.com/H7C5SGC41W

Note: uploaded EA works on demo account, live account, 4 or 5 digit and ECN brokers. No expiration date.

PLEASE, PLEASE, don't trade Live until you give it a real time trading on demo first.

Up to Date Realtime Trading Results

http://www.myfxbook.com/widgets/57664/large.jpg

==============================================================================================================================================================================================

fx4_ever,

In your live trading, what was the maximum number of positions open at one time? Was the starting lot 0.01?

It depend on your grid space. If grid space is short, like 10-12 pips, the chances of retrace 10-12 pips are more often than using 50 pips grid space. (iWin close-all when it retrace full grid space + additional pips). I am betting on price to retrace at least 10-12 pips from the entry point especially when there aren't any clear direction such as NY pm session to Asian session. But, working the numbers backward, starting with 0.01 lot, I am safe/comfortable to let the trade to go upto 10th level. So, when trade is at a 9th level, I usually turn off the EA and enter manually my TP and SL. (I know what the price SL and TP should be at that point. example: If my 9th level is 1.4000, my TP = 1.4010 and SL = 1.3990 on all open positions. But, this happens very rarely. But, if I know my max level and I am willing to cut the losses. This system usually make up for the losses quickly, so I am not at least unhappy to cut the losses once in awhile. But this is my max, it's not going to be yours. So, you'll have to figure out what is the appropriate level of the Grid steps that you have to take in order to take the loss. If you starting out at 0.01, at the 10th level Grid, the lot size would be at 5.12. So, in total lot size would be 10.24 lots if you use Grid space = 10. But, this means, from your entry point, price doesn't retrace 10 pips and go straight up to 100 pips against you. How often that happens? It does happen, but not very often. Even if volatile movement, price does retrace and continue up (or down). As I said, I am betting on the possibility on small retracement to close all cycle , but willing to take the losses on the my max level just incase...

Note: On the trading details posted on myfxbook, it is running as fully automated (not cutting the losses, etc. as described above). Also, note that on this account, I started with 0.05 lots, not 0.01 lots as i would have in live account. reason: Tadawul won't take 0.01 lots and their min. is 0.05 lots. So, this strategy, even if you have 50K to trade, mini account is less riskier than standard account. you still trade with 0.01 lot on mini account, but you can add multiple currencies to trade. Much safer than higher lot sizes on 1 currency.

Edited by fx4_ever

..... As I said, I am betting on the possibility on small retracement to close all cycle , but willing to take the losses on the my max level just incase...

Note: On the trading details posted on myfxbook, it is running as fully automated (not cutting the losses, etc. as described above). Also, note that on this account, I started with 0.05 lots, not 0.01 lots as i would have in live account. reason: Tadawul won't take 0.01 lots and their min. is 0.05 lots. So, this strategy, even if you have 50K to trade, mini account is less riskier than standard account. you still trade with 0.01 lot on mini account, but you can add multiple currencies to trade. Much safer than higher lot sizes on 1 currency.

Thank you for your detail explanation. How do you compare iWin with Cable Run and Indo Run in terms of principle strategies? Also with another grid system if you had experience with: Equity Builder?

Thank you for your detail explanation. How do you compare iWin with Cable Run and Indo Run in terms of principle strategies? Also with another grid system if you had experience with: Equity Builder?

I can't comment on it since I am not familiar with the system. I am sure there are profitable systems out there, but I can't really comment on it since i have not had extensive experience with other systems.

I can't comment on it since I am not familiar with the system. I am sure there are profitable systems out there, but I can't really comment on it since i have not had extensive experience with other systems.

Here is what I know:

Equity Builder trades EURCHF and AUDNZD pairs. Since these pairs have simialr economy, if they are near the historical low, the EA starts buying in a martingale manner. Vice versa for selling.

Cable Run trades GBPUSD betwee GMT 21-7 after US stock market is closed and there is unlikely any economic news drung these hours. The EA places limit orders to buy and to sell 17 pips from the starting hour. TP is 15 pips. You may apply Martingale by setting "IncLot".

Indo Run trades GBPUSD (and probably other pairs as well) 24/5 based on ATR readings. Same 17 pips step and 15 pips TP as in Cable Run. You may select Martingale option with max lot size, as well as other technical analysis as filters (to avoid a trending market).

So, what is the strategy for iWin?

Edited by swordfish

Here is what I know:

Equity Builder trades EURCHF and AUDNZD pairs. Since these pairs have simialr economy, if they are near the historical low, the EA starts buying in a martingale manner. Vice versa for selling.

Cable Run trades GBPUSD betwee GMT 21-7 after US stock market is closed and there is unlikely any economic news drung these hours. The EA places limit orders to buy and to sell 17 pips from the starting hour. TP is 15 pips. You may apply Martingale by setting "IncLot".

Indo Run trades GBPUSD (and probably other pairs as well) 24/5 based on ATR readings. Same 17 pips step and 15 pips TP as in Cable Run. You may select Martingale option with max lot size, as well as other technical analysis as filters (to trade with the trend).

So, what is the strategy for iWin?

IT doesn't has any special entry for strategy. Rather, using with build-in parameter, you can adjust grid space, additional pips and/or setting your own trading period. You can also set cycle on TC1 (if you think price will go down, using this method) and TC2 - vise versa. I like to use this to trade as same reason as your example 2 (cable run). Usually, small movement market hours does best for martingale system and running it just a few hours on daily is sufficient enough to make good profit.

Fx4_ever,

How would I configure Iwin to run on a micro account? The default hours are best it seems, 16:00, 17:00-23:00.

I've tested Iwin and it runs very well, it does get into rather large drawdown, but it does recover eventually. I think it is better than indorun in that regard as indorun will keep buying in uptrend or viceversa.

Thanks,

rozario173

Fx4_ever,

How would I configure Iwin to run on a micro account? The default hours are best it seems, 16:00, 17:00-23:00.

I've tested Iwin and it runs very well, it does get into rather large drawdown, but it does recover eventually. I think it is better than indorun in that regard as indorun will keep buying in uptrend or viceversa.

Thanks,

rozario173

Micro account's setup should be same as standard.

Firstly I like to say thanks to fx4_ever for sharing such a Great EA to us all !

I have been testing iWin EA for the past 2 days and reading this thread over. But I just could not seem to find answers to how to use this EA properly.

Please pardon me if I appear to be asking dumb questions as this is the first time I'm dipping my toes into Grid Trading. From all I've read about Grid Trading, I believe this strategy works. That's why I'm here.

Anyway here goes:

(1) How do I set the Target Profit for this EA ?

I assume it's TargetEquity = 60000 (this is the default setting). Does this mean that it will continue opening trades until the Nett profit hits $60000 or 60000 pips ?

(2) How do I set how many levels for this EA for 1 cycle ?

(3) What is the difference for the 2 settings ?

HibernateAfterCycle

EquityHibernation

When I set either one of them to True and perform a test, it immediately says profit level has been reached and Hibernates.

Thank you,

ftfx