Come and join if you like Grid Trading

fx4_ever

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
Hi fx4_ever, have you tried using a bigger gap than 10pips for iwin? I have been using 15pips in recent weeks on demo and it has been working ok with stress down to lvl 7/8 before recovering. The demo Im using is set to 50times leverage so I think this can still work. It is very critical to turn the EA off during periods of mad trends that doesnt retrace. How to determine this is purely based on instincts for now. I see on average a +1% account gain about 90% of the time, but the losers could be in the range of 3-8%. Hope to hear your views. And thanks again for this great EA. It has allowed me to walk away from the screen finally.

Hi fx4_ever, have you tried using a bigger gap than 10pips for iwin? I have been using 15pips in recent weeks on demo and it has been working ok with stress down to lvl 7/8 before recovering. The demo Im using is set to 50times leverage so I think this can still work. It is very critical to turn the EA off during periods of mad trends that doesnt retrace. How to determine this is purely based on instincts for now. I see on average a +1% account gain about 90% of the time, but the losers could be in the range of 3-8%. Hope to hear your views. And thanks again for this great EA. It has allowed me to walk away from the screen finally.

I am glad to hear you have luck with trading iWin. To be honest, I haven't trade this live quite sometime due to the leverage. I start the demo to when i start this thread and now I stop demo as well since everyone gets the logic behind this EA. I know it is delicate balance between the grid space and direction against the trend, so that we don't get caught on those bad trending against the position without the price retrace for sometime. When I traded the system, I used to trade only during quiet times and used space between 10-20 pips with allowed level to go against me about 8 or so. (Calculate the margin used ahead of the trade before setting up the lot size and possible draw down).

I used to also using correlation pair to control margin usage. ex: set TC1 = true and TC2=false on both EURUSD and USDCHF. split the lot size by 1/2 between the pair. So, one pair makes money while others in DD, etc.. You can try it on demo to see how it compares to just one currency trading. I hope this info help you. Wish you the best!

Hello fx4_ever

I thank you for your generous supply of your iWin-Ea. I'm excited about it.

I would like shows your EA in a German forum my Forex friends and would like to ask you for permission. Not all my Friends speak English and would be glad if we can discuss in our forum about your EA. Please let me know if this is for you in order.

Greetings Freidenker

Hello fx4_ever

I thank you for your generous supply of your iWin-Ea. I'm excited about it.

I would like shows your EA in a German forum my Forex friends and would like to ask you for permission. Not all my Friends speak English and would be glad if we can discuss in our forum about your EA. Please let me know if this is for you in order.

Greetings Freidenker

Hi Freidenker,

Glad to help you and your friends. EA is shared 'as is', so free free to share with your forex buddies if you wish. Best of luck!

Hi Fx4_ever, from your experience how many pairs can you reasonably trade at one time since its quite troublesome to manually shut the EA on each pair. Moreover it could take a few seconds before the EA executes the shutdown. Is there any faster way to shutdown and close all positions in the event of an emergency?

EA should have manualshutdown option. If you set it = true, it will close-all and no more trade will place by the EA on that particular pair.

I do not suggest trade multiple currencies UNLESS you have a good trading plan. i.e. selecting correlation pair going same direction for balancing DD, etc. You have to try it out and see how it works with iWin.

Put this script in the Scripts folder.

http://www.multiupload.com/OMVB8JOXBK

Double clicking this script will close all the open and pending trades of all the pairs.

If you just want to close trades of one pair, try this script:

http://www.multiupload.com/4GRINNVL8L

Hi Fx4_ever, from your experience how many pairs can you reasonably trade at one time since its quite troublesome to manually shut the EA on each pair. Moreover it could take a few seconds before the EA executes the shutdown. Is there any faster way to shutdown and close all positions in the event of an emergency?

Thanks Swordfish for the scripts and Fx4-ever for the advice on correlation. I will try out the scripts and see if it makes managing the positions easier.

fxfxfx, I like the EA and its making consistent money each day (I target 1%) with a 50:1 leverage. But when it loses it can be very painful. So the key to succeeding with this method imo so far is a decent size account to sustain up to level 7 or more scale ins, a pip gap that allows enough room to span at least 2/3 of a days range, and lastly the discretionary sense to take a hit and shutdown the EA when things turn ugly. Taking a loss of 3% loss early will save the account from some serious damage. Martingale methods come with a big warning sign for a reason lol. I suggest demo until you are familar with how it works.

Hi, does the EA provided here applicable to all the brokers. If not, what brokers can we work with the EA you provide? Thanks in advance.

http://imagicon.info/cat/3-4/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-8/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-5/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-1/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-6/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-2/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-3/1.gif

Hello FX4_ever, thanks for your work, i am trading this EA since few month...

because the EA is protected i can not change the trading time. i am using "iWin_(full-magic no enabled).ex4" and the problem is that i can not trade betwen 20h to 05h always stop at 00; i alredy add between 20h and 29h but is not working... could you fix this small thing....

Hello FX4_ever, thanks for your work, i am trading this EA since few month...

because the EA is protected i can not change the trading time. i am using "iWin_(full-magic no enabled).ex4" and the problem is that i can not trade betwen 20h to 05h always stop at 00; i alredy add between 20h and 29h but is not working... could you fix this small thing....

You can changed the trading hours any hours as you wish. It's already there as extern for start/stop trading hours. No need for any fix for it.

You can changed the trading hours any hours as you wish. It's already there as extern for start/stop trading hours. No need for any fix for it.

Yes i know, but maybe i didnt explain well or is for me that not work well, when I set the time from 0 to 8 is not a problem or from 9 to 17; the problem is at midnight when you want to trade for example from 21 to 5. did you alredy test it ? because for me is not working, not trade from 1 to 5 eahter if i set insted of 5 i set 29h

Edited by iliotest

Yes i know, but maybe i didnt explain well or is for me that not work well, when I set the time from 0 to 8 is not a problem or from 9 to 17; the problem is at midnight when you want to trade for example from 21 to 5. did you alredy test it ? because for me is not working, not trade from 1 to 5 eahter if i set insted of 5 i set 29h

You have 2 choice.

1) you can use date/time format as this -->

2011.05.11 21:00

2011.05.12 05:00

2) or you can set 2 EA. One start 21:00 to 23:59 and 2nd EA starts 00:01 to 05:00 As long as you are using the same magic#, 2nd EA will pickup what it's left from the first EA.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi fx_ever,

Probably a -******- question to iWin EA:

What is the difference between the "TC1 and TC2 settings?

And how this order from the EA to be used?

I am grateful to you already for your help

Greetings Freidenker

You can enabled/disabled TradeCycleOne and/or TradeCycleTwo. TC1 and TC2 depends on which direction you want to put higher lot size (martingale lot).

ex. if you think overall direction for EUR/USD is up for the day and you feel it would be advantage to go long, you would want to set

TC1 = false, TC2 = true This way, if you are right on the direction of the trend, EA will open higher lot on Long side and lower lot on short side. So, if price keep going up, it will keep close with profit on each grid level. If price retrace a bit, lot size will be 2x as price goes down. Since you believe trend is up, price won't go down much and all position will close without too many levels go against you.

Note: Hhow do you tell the trend of the day, depend on your market analysis and study the chart. Once you determined trend of the day, here is what TC (Trend Cycyle) should be enable/disable. Default settings is TC1 = true, TC2 = true

TC1 = true, TC2 = true ( ranging day)

TC1 = true, TC2 = false (down day)

TC1 = false, TC2 = true (up day)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Fx4-ever, the iwin EA stopped working after MT4 did an upgrade to build 401. The error message is "zero divide". Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Hi furburr,

I am running build 401 on Go Markets demo with no problems and no errors in the journal.

Maybe you need to do a clean install, then upgrade to 401 if necessary, then instal the IWin ea.

Hope that this helps

• 2 weeks later...