Come and join if you like Grid Trading

fx4_ever

I haven't use iWin for sometime, so I can't confirm if build will cause the problem.

Fx4_ever, what have you moved on to?

I ran iwin live starting this week after a few weeks of demo trading, so far up about 13% for the week with only a couple of stressful moments :)

Would be nice if you could limit the number of trades it takes, it might then be possible to leave it running without constant supervision.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fx4_ever, It is very interesting EA. However, i have some inquiries:

1- have you optimized it?

2- have you tried to use limit orders instead of market orders?

Thanks for sharing.

McGene

Fx4_ever, what have you moved on to?

I ran iwin live starting this week after a few weeks of demo trading, so far up about 13% for the week with only a couple of stressful moments :)

Would be nice if you could limit the number of trades it takes, it might then be possible to leave it running without constant supervision.

As I mentioned somewhere in this thread, I am sharing this EA 'as is' . I am no longer trading the system, thus, I don't plan on developing further on this system. I trade this system for many years in the past very successfully, but like any other martingale system, it can be stressful when market moves in the opposite direction and the lot size gets accumulated faster then we like to see. I think this system is best to trade during selective hours (quiet market hours) with combination of setting your own direction - using TC1 and TC2 options, it can be profitable without running 24/7. I now moved onto the system that fits more under CFTC/NFA ruling; i.e. FIFO, low margin, no hedging on same pair, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi fx4_ever, I have been using the EA till now and noticed something which I hope you can clarify.. Sometimes it takes a long time to manually close a set of trades. The EA seems to pause and do nothing for a few seconds before actually closing the trades. Have you experience the same?

Also does anyone have any experience trading live with the broker FinFx? They have high leverage and are ECN. Im thinking of trying out the EA on them. Any feedback is most welcome. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
Just an update on the EA, since April the results were fantastic running the EA daily across all 3 timezones with supervision, until mid July. Since then the number of moves that moves completely in one line without any good retrace to reset the EA were too many. As a result I gave back most of the gains made (50+%), and now am below my starting equity. I will have to re-evaluate the parameters and reduce the lot size and do some paper trading again. The EA is sound provided there is enough capital to sustain many levels of scale-ins (up to 10levels) imo. Would love to hear anyones thoughts and experiences on using the EA.

Just an update on the EA, since April the results were fantastic running the EA daily across all 3 timezones with supervision, until mid July. Since then the number of moves that moves completely in one line without any good retrace to reset the EA were too many. As a result I gave back most of the gains made (50+%), and now am below my starting equity. I will have to re-evaluate the parameters and reduce the lot size and do some paper trading again. The EA is sound provided there is enough capital to sustain many levels of scale-ins (up to 10levels) imo. Would love to hear anyones thoughts and experiences on using the EA.

Hello

Here are my stats of this EA:

http://www.myfxbook.com/de/members/Freidenker/iwin/90677

It works fine... I have only stopped during my Holidays

Greetings Freidenker

Hi Freidenker, your results are amazing. I notice you were fortunate enough to stop the EA from mid Jul till Mid August. During this month there were many volatile periods that did not pullback enough to reset the EA. And thats what caused my losses. Do you also run the EA through the day or only during certain times?

Well great news, I figured out what was the problem and did backtests from 2007 to 2011. So the EA performed very well for the 2007 - 2010 period.

2011 is a complete different story, with the account getting wiped clean every other month of the year. Maybe anyone on this forum would have suggestion settings we could use to improve the strategy for this year?

I have set it up with standard values on a demo account. In a second window I am using an equity protection EA (MPTM / Steve Hopwood) to kill any DD below 4% of my account and give it a fresh start. It has done from 2500 to 2583 in 2 days trading 24 h and a bit of manual intervention. Backtesting is BS, you all know. 99% of all EAs are also prone to total failure. So just let this one run, watch it and learn to manually intervene whenever something else goes wrong :)

I will report back if this thing survives at least 4-6 weeks inkluding the speeches e.g. tomorrow.

Cheers, George

I have set it up with standard values on a demo account. In a second window I am using an equity protection EA (MPTM / Steve Hopwood) to kill any DD below 4% of my account and give it a fresh start. It has done from 2500 to 2583 in 2 days trading 24 h and a bit of manual intervention. Backtesting is BS, you all know. 99% of all EAs are also prone to total failure. So just let this one run, watch it and learn to manually intervene whenever something else goes wrong :)

I will report back if this thing survives at least 4-6 weeks inkluding the speeches e.g. tomorrow.

Cheers, George

report in any case :)

report in any case :)

Ok, after running for 5 days now the account has grown 4%. I have done manual intervention, but not heavy one. On friday after Bernies speach it went wrongfooted itself and got stopped out by my emergengy MPTM management (set to 100€).

Thus : Account grown from 2500 to 2600 as we speak, including (!) a 100 € loss already. DD was never over 4% and will never be due to stop loss set.

Ok, after running for 5 days now the account has grown 4%. I have done manual intervention, but not heavy one. On friday after Bernies speach it went wrongfooted itself and got stopped out by my emergengy MPTM management (set to 100€).

Thus : Account grown from 2500 to 2600 as we speak, including (!) a 100 € loss already. DD was never over 4% and will never be due to stop loss set.

Please, keep me updated! Thanks :)

I just noticed that in my first post regarding iWin I have written that I use standard values. This is not true, I have to confess. I am using 0.01 / 0.03 lots and I have disabled martingale (buy / sell lots factor both set to 1). Grid steps are 13 / 17 / 25 / 25 / 25, but never seen more than 17 according to the 100 euro SL. I can post setfiles if demanded, of course. Breakeven option is also switched off ... just noticed that this is very unlike to the OOTB settings at all ^^

Well, what a surprise that it got caught in that enourmous spike, SL was triggered. But I want to hear from one single EA that has survived this. Luck does not count ^^

We're back on 2620 again, but could have come way worse. I plan on testing it with the preset hours 17-24 to see what this one does. Too much intraday volatility can hurt it easily.

• 1 month later...
Latest Update on this thread:

Jan 3, 2011

2/21/2011: update

I am no longer running this system. I have to make a room for other testing.

Hallo.

Thank you for sharing your EA.

I am studying grid trading since months and I am interesting on your method.

Since you are not running this system any longer I request if you do not mind to share the .mq4 source in order to let some coders of ours (like me) continue to test and hopefully improve it.

Thanks in advance.

Lidio

Edited by lidiomozi

• 1 month later...

To XXL205,

I have been following this thread for some time, and I am convinced that it has considerable potential, and have tried a wide range of combinations - I would appreciate the opportunity to study your set files, if you would share,

Regards,

Douggie.

Edited by douggie