List of 5 Best EAs that Actually Work and make Money

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EA FIAT new version(v.104) out with better performance,

there is no holy grail, simple logics(based on MTF MAs)

with proper money management. Please comment if you are interested.

http://ea-fiat.seesaa.net/

I ´ve been watching your demo account on fxpro, I think if you trust your EA can make money - and you want people to buy - you should set up a real money account not just a demo. If you do not have confidence in your product how can we? Backtest and demo prove nothing. Put your money where your mouth is !

I ´ve been watching your demo account on fxpro, I think if you trust your EA can make money - and you want people to buy - you should set up a real money account not just a demo. If you do not have confidence in your product how can we? Backtest and demo prove nothing. Put your money where your mouth is !

I absolutely agree with verde

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Robots are not good for all forex environments and work just some time.

Manual systems are better

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/13697-Profitable-Trading-Systems-from-Malaysian-Forums

That can be said about any mechanical trading system, being automated has nothing to do with it. By the sound of it, you are just following and repeating what other people say. Being a sheep will get you nowhere in trading or in life. You should learn to think for yourself. It would be interesting to see whether you are still trading the Malaysian forum trading systems (green pips?) in a couple of months time.

If you don't like EA's then why are you in the EA section? Please stay off this part of the forum if you have nothing useful, interesting or productive to say.

Thanks.

Edited by chrisbenjy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use "Pyramid EA 5.2XE" live on my account.

You can find it in the old Pyramid thread. I educated it some years ago, and it's the best EA I have found after the hundreds of **** ones (Many of which I decompiled and educated off this forum)

It's a really really braindead EA that grid hedges in pyramid fashion to average out losing hedged positions, so it can handle whatever the market throws at it, and will survive any market condition as long as you have the prerequisite equity to run it.

It's only weakness is that it won't handle situations where the markets decide to break WorldBank rules with massive interventions breaking weekly average ranges and not coming back. That's why you run it on major pairs that aren't JPY or CHF pairs (because their corresponding central banks intervene too often.)

Also if you lack the equity and edit the EA and the risk up too high, you could margin yourself out.

While I run it only on one pair, with enough equity and a halving of the risk, you can run it on two.

It's a slow burner. You will not get rich quick off of it, but it is stable and will generate about 10% a month or so.

Yes, if you run it on the MT4 strategy tester it will crash because of the strategy tester's poor non-100% accurate data, but on a live account it's proven low risk (no more than 10% drawdown, usually stays under 5%) and it's been chugging along nicely for me to the point where I don't have to worry about it.

With a large pool of equity and low risk, you could probably live off of this EA.

trading forex is a waste of time don't be fooled

If you don't know what you're doing, it most certainly is. Trying to "figure out" how to trade by yourself is a grand time-sink. Go find successful traders to learn what they know. That's a better strategy.

I know how to trade manually, and have met people who do so for a living. Manual trading is the get-rich-quick strategy you're after. EAs are for slow and steady investment.... assuming of course, that the EA is not a complete piece of ****.

Edited by Rio

Rio, could you please supply a hint, where this old thread can be found?

Thanks

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/12014-Pyramid-MA-v4-0?highlight=Pyramid

Minimum $1500 to start up.

You want a broker that allows microlot (0.01 lots minimum with 0.01 lot step) and hedging. That probably means that USA residents won't be able to find a broker to let them use this EA at all.

Always test in demo before going live. You need to make sure that the EA works on your broker, and that it can average out positions in profit/break-even (when it closes all buy/sell positions). Run for a few weeks on demo until you can verify this behaviour. If you don't see it, maybe you need to tweak the settings or try a different broker. If it won't hedge, it won't work!

Seems to be the best and most stable EA I have tried.

It is not smart at all. It just tries to guess direction of the larger trends, and sets a pile of stop orders in front of itself hoping to catch a few levels. Once it pulls back far enough from the nearest stop order, it will set a floor hedge with slightly larger lot size. If the floor is broken and goes back far enough to nullify the stop order, it will close the hedge out in profit/break-even. It can keep going doing this with multiple floors, but each floor increases the lot size. Eventually if this keeps up long enough, the floor lot size will be quite large and only a small reversal will end up in the hedges being closed out in profit. However with many unclosed floors, your equity gets sucked into drawdown until an opportunity arises for a reversal and the hedges can be averaged out and closed in profit/break-even.

That's why having equity is important with this EA, to keep it alive.

Drawdown rarely goes over 10%.

Monthly profit on one pair can be anywhere from 5%-10% or even more. The more equity you have above $1500 to push it into using 0.02 stops minimum, the better. This EA loves volatility.

You can try to strategy test this EA, but it will explode an account in the strategy tester. Don't be put off by this, because the MT4 strategy tester sucks and you don't get 100% modelling quality anyway, so it's not even accurate. Many months of live trading on my account says that it doesn't explode. The only thing that will blow it up (should it be working properly in the first place) is trying to overleverage the risk, or some massive stock-market currency crash -- in which case we'll all have bigger problems to worry about!

Certainly beats scalpers (which brokers cheat with on live accounts by shifting the spread to make sure they miss their take-profits and fall back onto their stops.)

Edited by Rio

And here bein' the download link. Juz makin' life a lil' easier now <):)

http://www.4shared.com/file/5E1MYudg/pyea32.html

That's the older version. (3.2)

The 5.2 version has this feature where it can grid trade to average out quickly in a slow moving market.

I believe 7.09 is better able to judge the trend from using multiple MAs over larger and smaller time frames... but nobody can seem to educate that one.

Hi Rio !

Thanks for your share !

As you say , minumum 1500$ I can trade with 0.01 lot , if so when acoount increment 3000$ , 4500 $ 6000$ ... will it automated inctrment lotsize or we need put lotsize by hand in the parameter ?

http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/12014-Pyramid-MA-v4-0?highlight=Pyramid

Minimum $1500 to start up.

You want a broker that allows microlot (0.01 lots minimum with 0.01 lot step) and hedging. That probably means that USA residents won't be able to find a broker to let them use this EA at all.

Always test in demo before going live. You need to make sure that the EA works on your broker, and that it can average out positions in profit/break-even (when it closes all buy/sell positions). Run for a few weeks on demo until you can verify this behaviour. If you don't see it, maybe you need to tweak the settings or try a different broker. If it won't hedge, it won't work!

Seems to be the best and most stable EA I have tried.

It is not smart at all. It just tries to guess direction of the larger trends, and sets a pile of stop orders in front of itself hoping to catch a few levels. Once it pulls back far enough from the nearest stop order, it will set a floor hedge with slightly larger lot size. If the floor is broken and goes back far enough to nullify the stop order, it will close the hedge out in profit/break-even. It can keep going doing this with multiple floors, but each floor increases the lot size. Eventually if this keeps up long enough, the floor lot size will be quite large and only a small reversal will end up in the hedges being closed out in profit. However with many unclosed floors, your equity gets sucked into drawdown until an opportunity arises for a reversal and the hedges can be averaged out and closed in profit/break-even.

That's why having equity is important with this EA, to keep it alive.

Drawdown rarely goes over 10%.

Monthly profit on one pair can be anywhere from 5%-10% or even more. The more equity you have above $1500 to push it into using 0.02 stops minimum, the better. This EA loves volatility.

You can try to strategy test this EA, but it will explode an account in the strategy tester. Don't be put off by this, because the MT4 strategy tester sucks and you don't get 100% modelling quality anyway, so it's not even accurate. Many months of live trading on my account says that it doesn't explode. The only thing that will blow it up (should it be working properly in the first place) is trying to overleverage the risk, or some massive stock-market currency crash -- in which case we'll all have bigger problems to worry about!

Certainly beats scalpers (which brokers cheat with on live accounts by shifting the spread to make sure they miss their take-profits and fall back onto their stops.)

Rio.

Thanks for posting and doing the work on the EA.

Over the years I have learned that trading is not getting easier as time goes along.

So I am turning to automation, cannot sit here 18 hrs per day to scalp anymore.

As for the traders in the USA, pretty sad their government controls how they can spend/invest their money.

I found a way around that for my American buddies, but cannot post that here.