Pip Accumulator

WOW Soundfx, I always knew that you are a wonderful person with a lot of knowledge, and you've always seemed like a sort of quiet type of person whom has helped everyone that you can.

But I had no clue to just how powerful your mind is until now.

You are my new hero. They should create a new members level above Platinum and put you at the top of the list.

Thank You sincerely for all of your great work, help, and contributions. I wish I had 1/4 of the knowledge that you posses.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Newbie111,

Thanks for the kind words - anyone can do what I do if they want to on the programming side you just need to learn gradually until it all starts to click (Google is very handy when you get stuck too ;) ). As for the trading side, we all have to serve our "apprenticeship" to become a trader and that takes time - plus you never stop learning and at a certain stage in your development have an urge to "give back" to the trading community after you've taken so much in your earlier learning experiences.

I got involved in this thread because I saw a system with very good potential and the probability side in particular reminded me of system I've seen that will never be made public which created phenomenal returns for the guy who created it.

The original idea was to get everyone from II involved and working as a team and that's certainly working well on the testing/trading front. I was expecting eager coders to come forward and code some of this stuff before me, though I may have been a bit too quick - my curiosity got the better of me :)

I'm seeing interesting patterns leaving the real-time II_Prob_Hist running to do it's thing - the probability is the crux of the whole system. The original arrows are just a MACD main/signal crossover, so ultimately I can see us dispensing with those if we're going to create a great system.

Try following the indicators on the charts and look for repeatable patterns where big moves are made ("big" on 5m is 10-15 pips, 15m 15-30 pips, 1H 15-40 pips etc.). We've already shifted significantly ahead of the original system, the challenge now is to find those "sweet spots" that we can trade on a regular basis and get some consistent profits each day.

With the combined great minds of everyone here I'm sure we can come up with a formidable system :)

Edited by soundfx

Hi,

Tested this system in my account yesterday. 2 trades in Euro. Both winners.

I trade using 15min timeframe and my entry is after the arrow appears, i will wait for the price to retrace to the 21 ema and enter my trade.

Cheers

Nice 2 c u r having success with "soundfx" system...

few pictures could well explain ur strategy.. thanks

Hello,

I am following this thread since the beginning, and I can say that I am very impress, it is a very good system.

In addition, I would add a big THANK YOU to soundfx for all his ideas and developments.

Let’s share our ideas and results.

At the moment I am testing the system with the Forex power levels. It adds some S/R lines on the chart. I think it could be a good idea to find some S/R indis like pivot, fibo… to add confirmation to the trade.

Regards,

Gringoh

Thanks for all the "thanks" guys and it's great to see folks getting good results from the system again.

Chandu,

I have one doubt.I think in a 5 min time frame we get several false signals.How you eliminate those false signals? waiting for your valuable reply....

That's for you guys to research and find out lol. I don't have all the answers. However, here's some advice for eliminating false signals in general...

1. Don't trade in "thin" markets e.g. between US Close and Asian open.

2. The Asian market tends to normally move in a tight range, so ideally best to avoid.

3. Don't take signals against the longer term trend. If you're trading 5m and get a sell signal and it's clear to see that 1H or 4H are looking bullish and have been generally moving up, then don't take that sell - instead wait for a buy trade to signal and take that trade with the trend.

Specifically for this system, don't just jump into trades as soon as you see an arrow - make sure that the probability lines up too.

i have one thing to say ... i hope everyone is having success with "soundfx" system..

i would request everybody to share results whether in profit or in loss...

Pls post image of ur trade history and also with drag n drop like i have been doing...

It seems i am the only one making unwanted noice regarding my trading ideas and results..

Thanks

psaini1973,

i would request everybody to share results whether in profit or in loss...

I agree absolutely :)

Our trades which don't work often tell us more about a system than the trades which work. We're still in a development process here so all results should posted to help in our evaluation and improvement of the system.

BTW guys I've been running a basic EA based on the system, though I don't want this thread being invaded by the EA gang, so I'll start a separate thread for it in the EA section shortly.

Thanks for your reply.

I already doing like your idea.But I thought there is another way to avoid false signals.

currently I only trade b/w 9 gmt and 18 gmt with 15m TF.

Once again a big thanks for your great work.

Thanks for all the "thanks" guys and it's great to see folks getting good results from the system again.

Chandu,

That's for you guys to research and find out lol. I don't have all the answers. However, here's some advice for eliminating false signals in general...

1. Don't trade in "thin" markets e.g. between US Close and Asian open.

2. The Asian market tends to normally move in a tight range, so ideally best to avoid.

3. Don't take signals against the longer term trend. If you're trading 5m and get a sell signal and it's clear to see that 1H or 4H are looking bullish and have been generally moving up, then don't take that sell - instead wait for a buy trade to signal and take that trade with the trend.

Specifically for this system, don't just jump into trades as soon as you see an arrow - make sure that the probability lines up too.

[quote=soundfx;173617

BTW guys I've been running a basic EA based on the system, though I don't want this thread being invaded by the EA gang, so I'll start a separate thread for it in the EA section shortly.

You are a great trader as well as a programmer...My wishes always with you..

Hi Sound FX wow you did a great job on newest version I really appreciate all the hard work you put into this. A heads up I found a small bug in the indicator. The font size setting is not working as if I change to any variable the font size does not change on my chart. I am sure this is an easy fix for you with your experience. Have a nice weekend and may the pips be with you all!!

Cheers

Jeff