Pip Accumulator

No.I never asked such questions to you sir.I think dhinesh89 asked.

Happy trading..

@chandu.... i am sorry i forgot 2 ans. ur query yesterday.. i have no news service as such .. i just check FF... this is the 1st thing i do in morning and i also check tomorrow news b4 closing down in the evening so as to accordingly schedule my next day..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi psaini1973,

Great trade :)

Jeff,

A heads up I found a small bug in the indicator. The font size setting is not working as if I change to any variable the font size does not change on my chart.

Version of indicator with variable font sizes working (to a degree ;) ). When font sizes get big it's tricky to work out the variable width and we get some overlap, though this fix should work for the normal font sizes:

http://www.multiupload.com/8Q0CRKX0JA

I just finished reading the whole thread. The accumulator was the reason that I subscribed to this forum. My thanks to Soundfx for all the work he did and to the other members for their contribution. Just my 5 cents. Forex trading is not an exact science. But it cannot be considered as an art as well. It is a probability game. So you add clues to your decision. If price has been bouncing at a certain level this is a strong signal. There is no reason to trade against it, even if the indicator says you should. On the other hand if price bounced from this strong level and your indicator shows a trade in the other direction then you added 1 more clue to your decision.

We have to be discretionary. We cannot take all the signals by any indicator. What we are trying to do is to survive this market. Suppose the indicator says you should open 4 different trades for 4 different currencies. Why open all of them and not select the best combination and trade just 1 pair and risk the amount we would put in the other 3 pairs.

For instance we know that the chf is a strange situation. The SNB does not want to see it's price increase. Same with the bank of Japan. Once it is going to reach a certain level the intervention probability is high. Why should we trade against a national bank because of an indicator signal?

So observe levels at higher time frames, find areas of major support and resistance and then use the indicator as a trigger for the trade. Do not trade against the main trend or against major support and resistance areas.

Hi German,

Thanks for your comments, all well observed :)

I think your idea of alerting at a user defined probability level is a good idea. I've been wondering if it's possible to trade on probabilities alone and this option would help us test that idea.

The arrow only paints on the close of the candle, so that we don't end up with arrows appearing one minute and disappearing the next (i.e. repainting).

Plus, bear in mind that the arrows are only an indication of possible direction change - there's nothing special about the arrows, they're just generated when MACD 24, 52, 18 crosses it's signal line.

The arrows will be slow to draw, as we're trying to eliminate as many false signals as possible. This is why the origators set the MACD to 24,52,18 (i.e. double the default MACD settings of 12,26,9).

I'll also look into changing the indicator to add an option to only draw arrows when the probability exceeds a particular level - this can default to 20, though would be handy if it was adjustable. Again I think that this probably needs to be based on closed candles to avoid repainting.

Hi Soundfx

What are the odds of this indicator being modified to print arrows when the Master Probability output number is reached, which is defined by the user as been reached? Along with the pop up we currently have at the time of this event taking place

Along with the arrow that is printed from the 24- 52-18 Macd signal line.

Also I'm quite surprised that the topic hasn't been mentioned before, but we know that the arrows on the chart are generated when the 24-52-18 Macd signal line is crossed. Which at times are an early warning or preempt before the cross of the zero line

But when this slower Macd 24-52-18 actually crosses the zero line in the direction of the arrow is when we seem to have the highest volatility, I know that during fast moves it could be several bars before the actual Macd 24-52-18 crosses the zero line with these slower settings.

But nevertheless looking at the Macd with these settings and seeing approximately how far from the actual zero line cross could eliminate many of these false signals.

Problem is that you have to have the Mac installed on your charts with the 24-52-18 setting.

But just an idea, is there a possiblably to code a secondary arrow with pop up , which could be color-coded from a user-defined color choice that would identify the actual breach of the zero line ?

I think it would be best, if its possible that, to have the arrow and alert coded on an “Inter-Candle” bases and not on the close of the candle, because we could lose several pips if there is a strong momentum move. This could avoid having the actual Macd loaded on the charts,

I know it’s a lot of work but, I think these three ideas could eliminate many false signals.

Of course Soundfx, as you have already mention users have to be aware of the overall trend on the larger time frames and were the price action sits in relationship to the user’s core system that they've actually been using before this indicator came on the market to make their final trade decision.

This is just an attempt to try and weed out false signals that would go contrary to the user’s core system and attempt to move forward with the development of your work.

So in essence we would have the original single line cross as we have it now, there would be an additional secondary arrow with a zero line breach of the original MACD setting. Then finally there would be a third arrow when the Master Probability user input number is reached.

Need help with II_Prob_Hist Indicator

Thanks for your awesome coding soundfx. Hopefully oneday I can get to that point of coding too! I'm having problems getting the readings of II_Prob_Hist indicator. Below is a link or a picture with the II_Prob_Hist indicator. What do I need to do to fix this. Thanks to everyone making this a great forum to be part of.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x260/gigrpinc/prob_hist_help.jpg

Thanks for your awesome coding soundfx. Hopefully oneday I can get to that point of coding too! I'm having problems getting the readings of II_Prob_Hist indicator. Below is a link or a picture with the II_Prob_Hist indicator. What do I need to do to fix this. Thanks to everyone making this a great forum to be part of.

I think you need to wait till market reopens as II_Prob_Hist indicator calculates from live data.

Soundfx, correct me if I'm wrong!

Here are some of my rules i made for myself trading with "Soundfx System"

1) Trade only one pair. i consider EUR/USD as the Major of Major Pair. (Sometimes i trade EUR/JPY also if its in correlation with EUR/USD, but only after Japanese mkt close)

2) Fix trade timing... i start my trading from London open to London close, i will only carry forward a trade after london close (but will close as soon as possible), will not take a fresh trade after london close.

3) Never enter in the middle of a signal given by the system, always wait for a fresh signal... if u missed 5 Min signal then look 4 fresh signal in 15 Min....

4) After a signal is given dont jump in to it , look for recent high n lows and accordingly place ur trade.

5) I personally never trade during or b4 the imp. news, only after it is over and its effect has subsidized.

6) Discipline and patience is the key to success ( which i lack both of them but i m trying to attain both of them)

7) Each day b4 starting ur MT4 platform check FF for imp. news and act accordingly.

8) This system is not Holygrail.. losses will happen, its the cost that we pay for trading forex,

9) Entering a trade at right time is imp. but its the Exit that will make us rich or poor

10) Be honest with yourself, share ur all results whether in loss or in profit, many forex experts are here to help u with ur trading. they will point out wat mistake u r doing.

Right now mkts are in a pathetic range. look at EUR/USD for the last 15-20 days , its going no where, directionless. if u could make some amount of money in this range bound mkt using this system, then think how much money u will make using this system when the mkt comes out of this range and follow a clear direction.

Just my two cents

Edited by psaini1973

Here are some of my rules i made 4 myself trading with "soundfx system"

1) Trade only one pair. i consider EUR/USD as the Major of Major Pair. (Sometimes i trade EUR/JPY also if its in correlation with EUR/USD, but only after Japanese mkt close)

2) Fix trade timing... i start my trading from London open to London close, i will only carry forward a trade after london close (but will close as soon as possible), will not take a fresh trade after london close.

3) Never enter in the middle of a signal given by the system, always wait for a fresh signal... if u missed 5 Min signal then look 4 fresh signal in 15 Min....

4) After a signal is given dont jump in to it , look for recent high n lows and accordingly place ur trade.

5) I personally never trade during or b4 the imp. news, only after it is over.

6) Discipline and patience is the key to success ( which i lack both of them but i m trying to attain both of them)

7) Each day b4 starting ur MT4 platform check FF for imp. news and act accordingly.

8) This system is not Holygrail.. losses will happen, its the cost that we pay for trading forex,

9) Entering a trade at right time is imp. but its the Exit that will make you rich or poor

10) Be honest with yourself, share ur all results whether in loss or in profit, many forex experts are here to help u with ur trading. they will point out wat mistake u r doing.

Right now mkts are in a pathetic range. look at EUR/USD for the last 15-20 days , its going no where, directionless. if u could make some amount money in this range bound mkt using this system, then think how much money u will make using this system when the mkt comes out of this range and follow a clear direction.

Just my two cents

Excellent words from the experienced trader........the holy grail is not a thing to be searched, but it is the style of how we manage to trade, if we passed this, then all the trades were profitable trades. Thank you psaini1973.

Just to give you an idea of how bad things have gotten.. watch the video (link below) and see how this guy is trying to get his subscribers to part with $2,995.00 for his version of the holy grail...what's sad is...somebody will shell out this money!

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Jeff Wilde/Forex Market Forecast <[email protected]> wrote:

My good friend Ken from Venice Beach California has been trading

forex for 18 months and hasn't had much luck yet. He's basically

going through the phase of buying all kinds of programs

and getting more confused than ever and... Has some winning

days and then gives it all back. Very frustrating on his part as he's a

very intelligent guy and didn't think trading would be so hard.

I recently told Ken about a trader that was making 5000 pips a

week and he wanted to know what the hell this guy knew that he didn't.

He also thought that it was either a joke, total B.S. or impossible

to pull off. Anyway, we decided to record a video in which I

talked about some of the things this trader was doing. That way

you could learn along with Ken at the same time.

To watch this 20 minute video, simply click on this link.

http://www.askjeffwilde.com/5000-pips.html

Hi Guys.

I am following this Thread. Very good congratulations Soundfx

Soundfx, Hi you could create an indicator of average price, different from the others,Look as follows:

For example:

Average Price of the Week:

Take the last 5 candles (the daily chart. no Saturday and no Sunday) and add all the high, low, openings and their closures and then divide by 20.

Average Price of the Day:

Take the last six candles (in the 4-hour chart) and add all the high, low, openings and their closures and then divide by 24.

Average Price Half Day, which would be 12 hours. Get the Latest 3-candles (the graph of 4hours). And add all the ups, the downs, the openings and their closures and then divide by 12.

With this indicator you have a filter for decision making.

Creating A Average line along with an arrow.

Many thanks.

Hi German,

So in essence we would have the original single line cross as we have it now, there would be an additional secondary arrow with a zero line breach of the original MACD setting. Then finally there would be a third arrow when the Master Probability user input number is reached.

You already have the option of setting the arrow as it is now or setting it to trigger only when MACD has crossed the signal and probability lines up with the user input levels.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea idea to add more arrows. All these arrows are getting messy - particularly when we have to decide which we want alerts to appear on. Do we really need 3 different arrows for each signal?

Sometimes MACD crossing 0 can be a good signal and waiting for it can enable us to miss retracements and jump into a trade with the main momentum, though other times when MACD has crossed 0, the move has already gone and when we jump in we're likely to get stopped out by a reversal.

In my view both the MACD crossing 0 and the MACD cross signal + probability alerts are both generally too late for manual trading. The alert should ring when we get a normal MACD main/signal cross, and then it's up to the trader whether they wait for a retracement or a particular probability level etc.

I can look into adding more arrows, though I don't think these can be turned on and off with normal parameter swtiches. The indicator colours by default can't be invisible I believe, which means that if you don't want to see arrows then you'll have to set the colour to "none" in the indicator parameters. However the indicator colour works separately from the main code, so we can still have alert "switches" in the main parameters which apply to MACD signal cross, MACD 0 cross and MACD cross + probability level reached.

That final option would need to cover both types of MACD cross I guess, either that or we create another alert type to cover both MACD signal cross + probability level reached and MACD 0 cross + probability level reached.

I think that rather than messing around with more arrows we should be thinking outside the original system parameters. We've already done that by calculating probabilities on different timeframes - confluence of these is worth looking at first.

The next thing we're going to want is an alert and/or arrow when all timeframe probabilties line up and MACD has crossed the signal line lol. So the fewer arrows and alerts we have the in first place the better ;)

Hi psaini1973,

I used to agree that exits are more important than entries until I started trading lower timeframes with very tight stops.

If you have an 8 or 10 pip stop and similar target, your entries need to bang on, otherwise your stop will be blown away in an instant. If you're entering in the wrong place then you rarely get a chance to exit for breakeven or a 1-2 pip loss in trades that don't take off in your direction immediately.

Ok...you could always say that if you trade with 10 pip stops that your exits should be structured so that on your winners you get more than 10 pips, though sometimes that's unrealistic and you can ultimately end up taking smaller profits than 10 pips or even having to accept breakeven by waiting for a big move which never comes.

I also used to think that we could flip a coin and enter the market at any time and provided we have a sound MM system in place and managed our exits correctly, that we'd have a nicely profitable system. I've tested these ideas and found that the reality isn't as simple as the theory ;)

Hi German,

You already have the option of setting the arrow as it is now or setting it to trigger only when MACD has crossed the signal and probability lines up with the user input levels.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea idea to add more arrows. All these arrows are getting messy - particularly when we have to decide which we want alerts to appear on. Do we really need 3 different arrows for each signal?

Sometimes MACD crossing 0 can be a good signal and waiting for it can enable us to miss retracements and jump into a trade with the main momentum, though other times when MACD has crossed 0, the move has already gone and when we jump in we're likely to get stopped out by a reversal.

In my view both the MACD crossing 0 and the MACD cross signal + probability alerts are both generally too late for manual trading. The alert should ring when we get a normal MACD main/signal cross, and then it's up to the trader whether they wait for a retracement or a particular probability level etc.

I can look into adding more arrows, though I don't think these can be turned on and off with normal parameter swtiches. The indicator colours by default can't be invisible I believe, which means that if you don't want to see arrows then you'll have to set the colour to "none" in the indicator parameters. However the indicator colour works separately from the main code, so we can still have alert "switches" in the main parameters which apply to MACD signal cross, MACD 0 cross and MACD cross + probability level reached.

That final option would need to cover both types of MACD cross I guess, either that or we create another alert type to cover both MACD signal cross + probability level reached and MACD 0 cross + probability level reached.

I think that rather than messing around with more arrows we should be thinking outside the original system parameters. We've already done that by calculating probabilities on different timeframes - confluence of these is worth looking at first.

The next thing we're going to want is an alert and/or arrow when all timeframe probabilties line up and MACD has crossed the signal line lol. So the fewer arrows and alerts we have the in first place the better ;)

While I completely understand what you are saying relating “too many arrows”.

To the best of my knowledge, there still is no way to forward test different Master Probability settings in all three options.

The arrow that appears if nothing more than a signal from the Mac-D line in all user optons as you know,

We have no arrow that prints for any given reading from the Master Probability so forward testing different settings is impossible with different setting, if one was to leave the MT4 running on different computers.

So at a minimum, I think that an arrow just for the Master Probability reading output to forward test is a good idea.

Took another sell trade in E/U in 5 Min TF.. trade going no where.. no volume. no momentum. no direction... its already close to 10:30 PM here in India... so closed it with a profit of only $21

Total profit for the day is $ 321 :)

Check out this trade for ur reference....

http://www.multiupload.com/1XHT98AIQJ

Edited by psaini1973