Pip Accumulator

Hi German,

you wrote to Soundfx but here are my thoughts. It works pretty good observing more than one TF, for examples strongest and "on the fly" hiting limits were produced when the Probability (mix of all MAs and RSI) were +20/-20 on 1,5,15,30 even 60M TF.

You will not miss good move, just lower the TF.

Musketeer

You are correct I too have notice the same. When we have confluence on MFT like you mention it is really when we have the strongest move.

I notice this yesterday with the up move on the EURO/USD when I was watching the 5-15-30 min chart with the “Old” version of the indy right after the bad German IFO numbers, when the ECB started buying Bonds again.

This may have happen since the 1.4428 area was prior resistance across many time frames which broke when the EURO went up after the ECB started buying bonds.

Then on the way down it became support on the same 1.4428, across the 5-15-30 and 1 hr charts and was a prefect support with 3 hourly bottoms, so yes in this case the MTF view would have been prefect.

The idea below from Soundfx is a great idea and should make life a little easier and cut down on head fakes and false signals.

“The next thing we're going to need is an arrow which only appears when all T/F's line up as above or below 20,”

Also like Soundfx mention putting the reading from MTF reading on just one time frame so we can see it easier. Maybe a user input so user can chose the time frames they like. Just an idea.

The one issue that I have notice is that yesterday the Master Probability reading went above in my case which are my own setting +25 on the Euro/Usd before today’s London open.

But then it just sat at idle during the Asian session the rest of the night until basically the London Open, during this time the Master Probability reading backed off and went back down to around +7 never below 0, then back up again above +25 at the London Open,

So maybe we need some kind of recycle limit when the Master Probability reading in this case of +25 is reached and then goes back down to say as an example 0 and then back up to +25 a new alert pop up will show up.,

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi soundfx.... thanks 4 all the hard work u doin....

i am facing a problem regarding the indi.. when ever i try to drag and drop my closed positions on to the chart it is formed 4 only 2 seconds and then disappear.. musketter pointed out that some indi might be interfering with it ... even if i try draw a vertical line on to the chart its the same result.... can u tell wat is the reason? thanks

Secondly i am loking 4 a alert system like if i draw horiozontal line and if the price breaches it, it can show up a alert.. does this kind of alert exists? i use it very often if a price break a certain point... thanks once again

Hi psaini1973,

No probs - it'll all be worth it if we can get a decent system out of this (and I think we can) :)

That problem with manually added objects disappearing was fixed ages ago - you must be running an old version of the indicator. I think I've posted at least 2 new versions since then.

That sort of alert does exist - Google "Line Higher Alert.mq4" or "HLine Alert.mq4" and try those out.

Hi German,

Thanks for more good ideas.

I'm working on displaying all relevant timeframe probabilities...

Also like Soundfx mention putting the reading from MTF reading on just one time frame so we can see it easier. Maybe a user input so user can chose the time frames they like. Just an idea.

The timeframe probabilities appear to have been specifically calculated to work for different timeframes, so I've left them as they are. Allowing the user to select timeframes could get messy and could easily clash with what's actually being determined from the indicators.

For example if you're looking at a 5m chart, the only indicator values used to make up the probability come from 1m, 5m, 15m and 30m - so it's logical for us to obtain the probability values for all of them and display them at the bottom of the indicator grid.

In addition I've added an all timeframe probability - which is all the probabilities added up divided by how many of them there are. This average probability may be useful too.

I've also created a real-time option which should enable arrows to be drawn in real-time only when the probability lines up with the input limits - still a couple of bugs to sort out there before I can post the the most recent version.

Regarding the recycle limit - that sort of thing is tricky to implement totally successfully because it relies on boundaries which are variable . It's easy for us to see this sort of recycling action - though as you say we'd have to code probability 0 or whatever number as the "bottom" for the recycle. As soon as we do that we could easily have price regularly recycling down to 2 or 1 and never hitting 0. I'd have to think a bit more about that one. Again, the aim isn't to try and catch every single trade available because that's where most systems come unstuck, so I'm not sure if we really need this option.

Edited by soundfx

Musketeer

You are correct I too have notice the same. When we have confluence on MFT like you mention it is really when we have the strongest move.

I notice this yesterday with the up move on the EURO/USD when I was watching the 5-15-30 min chart with the “Old” version of the indy right after the bad German IFO numbers, when the ECB started buying Bonds again.

This may have happen since the 1.4428 area was prior resistance across many time frames which broke when the EURO went up after the ECB started buying bonds.

Then on the way down it became support on the same 1.4428, across the 5-15-30 and 1 hr charts and was a prefect support with 3 hourly bottoms, so yes in this case the MTF view would have been prefect.

The idea below from Soundfx is a great idea and should make life a little easier and cut down on head fakes and false signals.

“The next thing we're going to need is an arrow which only appears when all T/F's line up as above or below 20,”

The one issue that I have notice is that yesterday the Master Probability reading went above in my case which are my own setting +25 on the Euro/Usd before today’s London open.

But then it just sat at idle during the Asian session the rest of the night until basically the London Open, during this time the Master Probability reading backed off and went back down to around +7 never below 0, then back up again above +25 at the London Open,

So maybe we need some kind of recycle limit when the Master Probability reading in this case of +25 is reached and then goes back down to say as an example 0 and then back up to +25 a new alert pop up will show up.,

yes German, it is true...

more observing on its behavior would drive to more preciosity for sure. We must keep in mind that these are just MAs (nothing wrong...) and it will fail in ranging. So main goal imho it is to get tghter possible stops and just best entries

Hi German,

The timeframe probabilities appear to have been specifically calculated to work for different timeframes, so I've left them as they are. Allowing the user to select timeframes could get messy and could easily clash with what's actually being determined from the indicators.

For example if you're looking at a 5m chart, the only indicator values used to make up the probability come from 1m, 5m, 15m and 30m - so it's logical for us to obtain the probability values for all of them and display them at the bottom of the indicator grid.

In addition I've added an all timeframe probability - which is all the probabilities added up divided by how many of them there are. This average probability may be useful too.

I've also created a real-time option which should enable arrows to be drawn in real-time only when the probability lines up with the input limits - still a couple of bugs to sort out there before I can post the the most recent version.

Regarding the recycle limit - that sort of thing is tricky to implement totally successfully because it relies on boundaries which are variable . It's easy for us to see this sort of recycling action - though as you say we'd have to code probability 0 or whatever number as the "bottom" for the recycle. As soon as we do that we could easily have price regularly recycling down to 2 or 1 and never hitting 0. I'd have to think a bit more about that one. Again, the aim isn't to try and catch every single trade available because that's where most systems come unstuck, so I'm not sure if we really need this option.

Soundfx, for sure the lack of enough sleep makes it job... I mean that I missed to confirm that the MTF reading would be great! To learn its behavior.... :) and to pick best entries

About the addition, am not sure what you mean - it is not current, or? Back to MTF readings, observing these, we may weight them, the fastest will give earlier warnings, the slower - better odds... so, we may try to weight them.

Hi All

Firstly soundfx thanks for all the hard work you have put in and to all the others for the additonal posts. I purchased the indicator before seeing it on this forum. Needless to say I now have soundfx version on my charts. After experimenting with additional indicators I have found that by adding the standard macd with settings of 5, 34, 5 + a moving average cross over alert 5 34 with arrows it will coincide with the arrows from the pip accumulator. I have also added to the macd a moving average of 34. What I have noticed is when the 5 and the 34 cross on the macd at the 0 line is when the impulse move (momentum) occurs. Hope this will be of some use . Here is a link showing the use of the macd http://depositfiles.com/files/dx0a8b8ax

Edited by Perodo

Hi German,

There are times when some of you are not at able to be at your computer, and are not able to see certain readings or indicators given off signals and see their behavior.

Below is a link to a free and easy to use desktop recording software. It's very easy to use and completely free.

I use it to record my desktop when I am testing a system and do not have time to monitor it, I can later review it.

I provided the link below for anyone who wishes to download it, also the website explain vey very easy steps on how to use it.

http://goview.com/goldwyn/spring/play?method=indexPage

Psaini how is today's trading for you? What time frame are you trading the system. Seems price action is choppy today as everyone is waiting for Bernake tomorrow.

Jeff

Waiting for helicopter bin!!! LOL

Hi.. my day could have been very good.... their was sell call in e/u approx 3-4 hrs back.. by bad luck i was not at my pc ... when i came back it had already moved 20 pip down.. so i didnt trade that.. now waiting 4 new trade..

trades taken on 5 min, and shots on 1-30 m TFs

5 min

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Jing/media/ad667732-5c35-44f5-b212-b68d4ed112c6/2011-08-25_1537.png

1 min

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Jing/media/18c7f909-4f7a-490f-85a5-3d904870350c/2011-08-25_1539.png

15 min

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Jing/media/862ac937-7f91-4d5f-8da9-257ef8835b35/2011-08-25_1540.png

30 min

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Jing/media/6fe61f48-0ca6-4409-81a4-f5fd0babdce2/2011-08-25_1540.png

waiting to pullback to power level (options lvl by cme and c0py :) )

limits manually taken at wpr oversold

unfortunately potential stops above 20 pips (were not hard set)

and trade got 1:1 R:R...

Edited by musketeer

There are times when some of you are not at able to be at your computer, and are not able to see certain readings or indicators given off signals and see their behavior.

Below is a link to a free and easy to use desktop recording software. It's very easy to use and completely free.

I use it to record my desktop when I am testing a system and do not have time to monitor it, I can later review it.

I provided the link below for anyone who wishes to download it, also the website explain vey very easy steps on how to use it.

http://goview.com/goldwyn/spring/play?method=indexPage

there was an EA... or indi.. that takes screenshsots of the chart in jpg...

Hi Musketeer,

About the addition, am not sure what you mean - it is not current, or? Back to MTF readings, observing these, we may weight them, the fastest will give earlier warnings, the slower - better odds... so, we may try to weight them.

All MTF probabilities will be current because probabilities are read in real time. The problem I'm having with the real-time indicator is in getting it to draw the boxes correctly which I'll look at again now.

Great idea on the weightings, you'll be able to look into this more when you have the indicator version which has all probabilities showing. BTW because it's doing more work than the original indicator it's a bit slower to load, so multi-TF probabilities will be an optional parameter for those who don't use them.

Soundfx, something weird with gold happens....

What do you mean weird? The boxes and arrows on Gold look ok to me on my 15m chart. If you're talking about II Prob Hist then I see that you're using the old indicator (which doesn't work properly). To get 100% accurate probability history you need to use the real-time version which I posted a few posts back. Edit - I see you've used that version in some of your other screenshots...

Edited by soundfx

Hi Guys,

I think that the latest version of the II_PipAccumulator is ready for you to try.

Changes include:

Real-time Mode:

To allow arrows to draw only when both MACD and Probability line up

All TF Probability:

Displays Probabilities from all timeframes

User defined Probability Levels:

So that you're not restricted to using 20/-20 levels

E-mail Alerts:

Option to e-mail alerts

Here's a small manual on the parameter settings:

http://www.multiupload.com/D5F7YFDQ99

Here's the main indicator:

http://www.multiupload.com/LPZZS9PBLG

Note that to handle MTF probabilities, the indicator needs to call the most recent version of II_Prob_Hist which needs to be saved to your indicators directory too:

http://www.multiupload.com/UVVKSRMA9O

And Here's a screenshot of what the multiple timeframe probabilities looks like:

http://i52.tinypic.com/k9yr0g.jpg

Edited by soundfx
links changed - see reason in next post

Guys,

Just posting this (typically!) I've just noticed some strange things with the MTF probability settings. So...if you're going to risk setting that flag to true, you may see the indicator values being wiped out (not sure why that is at the mo.), I also had a Windows warning that my virtual storage was getting extended which is normally a sign of something eating memory and my MT4 crashed!

This is another MTF one which is proving trickier than it first seemed.

All the other mods. and the indicator should work fine provided you keep TFProbCalc as false (which is the default anyway).

[Edit] Ok - I think I've fixed the performance issues. It seems that MT4 can't handle recursive calls properly, so I've changed the indicator to read the MTF probabilities from the most recent version of the II_Prob_Hist indicator. Links have been updated in the previous post.

Edited by soundfx