usd basket

Where is the stop loss? Because I have open two usdchf trades since yesterday, and they are right now -130 and -140 pips! Horrible, and no stop loss (0.00000), When does he close this trade, if he never goes into positive profit??

There is no stop loss.

If U have two open usd/chf trades in one direction there is something wrong. Try another broker, and run it on default settings.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also 2 buy USDCHF .Broker Alpari UK.

Hi 50 pips and all here,

I have many pairs in the same direction (with different price and time).

Additionally:

1. who use it with 1:500 leverage and found right settings? The settings must be INVERS with this leverage! But I cannot find the optimum. The EA closed the orders with loss (because if you have for example sell and buy your orders will be closed mostly all simultaneously with loss because used margin is too low.

2. My EA opens always usdcad sell (even if it should be BUY).

What is wrong?

And why so USDCAD sit in input twise as cross 7 true and cross 8 true?

Thanks a lot in advance

my open trades - is there something wrong?

5x USDCHF long

2x USDJPY short

2x GBPUSD long

2x NZDUSD short

2x USDCAD short

It works in pairs. So, sort them out by open time and see how it was open. That is the reason that there are many same pairs opened, but I bet all same pair did not all opened at the same time.

two of the USDCHF opened exactly at the same minute. Wondering if they are still tracked, or if I should close something.

In my experience, even though it is exactly same time, it must opened with other pair. ex: it's always even number of trades. 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc...

My case, I have nzd/usd + usdchf opened at the same time. aud/usd + usdchf opened at the same time, usd/cad + usd/chf opened at the same time.

But, depend on your connection to the broker or server connection or whatever reason, one of the orders maybe slightly different time (just few seconds different) or maybe 4 orders opened at the exact same time, thus, it appear to be it opened multiple orders.

Just observing from my own experience.

In my experience, even though it is exactly same time, it must opened with other pair. ex: it's always even number of trades. 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc...

My case, I have nzd/usd + usdchf opened at the same time. aud/usd + usdchf opened at the same time, usd/cad + usd/chf opened at the same time.

But, depend on your connection to the broker or server connection or whatever reason, one of the orders maybe slightly different time (just few seconds different) or maybe 4 orders opened at the exact same time, thus, it appear to be it opened multiple orders.

Just observing from my own experience.

Thanks, fx4_ever, the clear answer. But what about the settings with high leverage? Do you have any idea?

Thanks, fx4_ever, the clear answer. But what about the settings with high leverage? Do you have any idea?

I have no idea about that. My settings posted on #89. I have 50:1 leverage and that settings works for me so far. If you have 500:1 leverage, i guess you can up the lot size, but 500:1 leverage has whole different rules by broker vs 50:1. So, you need to work that out for yourself and demo test for awhile and see.

my open trades - is there something wrong?

5x USDCHF long

2x USDJPY short

2x GBPUSD long

2x NZDUSD short

2x USDCAD short

I don't think anything is wrong; the strategy is currently in DD for me, as well.

My open basket at Oanda is:

4x USDCHF long

3x GBPUSD long

1x EURUSD long

2x USDCAD short

2x NZDUSD short

1x AUDUSD short

1x USDJPY short

We'll see how it goes.

If occasionally,my pc run down or network broken, and i restart pc and EA.

Has it influence to the EA running?

If delta gets up during those downtimes, EA may not be able to open new orders or if your current order reaches TP, EA can't closed. Other then that, I don't see any issues.

If occasionally,my pc run down or network broken, and i restart pc and EA.

Has it influence to the EA running?

This should be easy enough to test. If you have a demo setup on VPS, simply force a reboot and then observe what the EA does in the MT4 terminal window. Does it retain the delta's or recalc them? Does it start opening new positions? That's how to answer your question. I have not yet done this myself.

This should be easy enough to test. If you have a demo setup on VPS, simply force a reboot and then observe what the EA does in the MT4 terminal window. Does it retain the delta's or recalc them? Does it start opening new positions? That's how to answer your question. I have not yet done this myself.

I've done it many times and I have also set my PC to auto reboot everyday. What I've observe, USD basket comes back up and seem to know where it left off. It remembers the details of already opened orders and displays and trade continue as norm.

This is also to be the case on other settings, i.e. lot size, TP, delta, etc. Not that I am suggesting that settings should be changed in the middle of the cycle, but just as FYI. ex: When I changed the delta value in the middle of the trade cycle. It does not affect already open trade, but it will not open new trade unless current (most recent) delta value is met.

Edited by fx4_ever