Come and join if you like Grid Trading

fx4_ever

Please check my reply below. Thanks,

Firstly I like to say thanks to fx4_ever for sharing such a Great EA to us all !

I have been testing iWin EA for the past 2 days and reading this thread over. But I just could not seem to find answers to how to use this EA properly.

Please pardon me if I appear to be asking dumb questions as this is the first time I'm dipping my toes into Grid Trading. From all I've read about Grid Trading, I believe this strategy works. That's why I'm here.

Anyway here goes:

(1) How do I set the Target Profit for this EA ?This is Grid/Martingale strategy that closed on retracement + additional pips. So, if you set Grid space = 10 and Additional Pips = 2, EA will close all open orders when price retrace 12 pips (10 grid space + 2 pips additional pips)

I assume it's TargetEquity = 60000 (this is the default setting). Does this mean that it will continue opening trades until the Nett profit hits $60000 or 60000 pips ?This value is $$, not pips. Be careful using this option. Since it is martingale system, EA must open multiple levels until it reaches the equity target. This can mean you may run out of margin to place an order that you need or you have to wait for much larger retracement to close-all to meet your equity target.

(2) How do I set how many levels for this EA for 1 cycle ?There are no setting for level per cycle. It keeps on going. You can control your Grid space though.. Each Grid space is per 100 pips. So, first Grid space is from initial price entry to 100 pips. 2nd Grid space is 101 pips ..... every 100 pips, you can set the different grid space

(3) What is the difference for the 2 settings ?

HibernateAfterCycleIf you want no more trading after current open cycle is done, you can use this option = true. EA will not open new cycle trade.

EquityHibernation If you are using equity target, you will use this option if you don't want to trade after hitting Equity target

When I set either one of them to True and perform a test, it immediately says profit level has been reached and Hibernates.

This is done to avoid openning new cycle incase your MT4 chart gets refreshed. This way, if you want to start trading, you have to make sure to set this option = false.

Thank you,

ftfx

Edited by fx4_ever

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks fx4_ever for your reply.

Based on your feedback I would like to disable TargetEquity=60000.00000000

But I cannot find another setting that can allow me to set it to "0" ?

One more question is, why does the "Inputs" in the Strategy trader keep loading the last tested set of settings ?

I'm not sure if anyone else notices this, but even after I load a new set file, the old settings are still there. And it only happens when I test this EA on the Strategy tester. Is there anyway I can fix this ?

Thank you,

ftfx

Thanks fx4_ever for your reply.

Based on your feedback I would like to disable TargetEquity=60000.00000000

But I cannot find another setting that can allow me to set it to "0" ?

One more question is, why does the "Inputs" in the Strategy trader keep loading the last tested set of settings ?

I'm not sure if anyone else notices this, but even after I load a new set file, the old settings are still there. And it only happens when I test this EA on the Strategy tester. Is there anyway I can fix this ?

Thank you,

ftfx

You can set equity target to very high number.. example: if you have 10,000.00 on your balance, you can set this filed = 1,000,000.00 and forget about this option. It will close-all if your account hits 1 mil. (don't you wish this can happen? If it does, you should really be happy.. :)

Other questions you have, I think it is related to MT4, not iWin.

Hi Fx4_Ever

Do you think you could add a stop loss equity option as well as your target equity option ? At the moment I just set it to trade one cycle and thats it untill im ready to get in agen ! But I would like to use the target equity say set at £100 and stop loss equity £100 ! This way I could no what I stand to win or lose each cycle and it wont get out of control. I am making some good money with this so far but with this mod I think it would be the best EA around.

Thanks 4xTraderz...

dear fx forever,

tks for the EA, i tried to backtest it for at least 5 years but i cannot find any setting it can survive. do you have any setting so i can make it?

happy new year

No, I have no special settings. The settings that I use posted in page#1. I use it as 'tool' and don't run 24/5. I also switch TC1 and TC2 depend on the direction, etc.. So, you can make good money with low risk if you don't run it on 24/5.

Hi Fx4_Ever

Do you think you could add a stop loss equity option as well as your target equity option ? At the moment I just set it to trade one cycle and thats it untill im ready to get in agen ! But I would like to use the target equity say set at £100 and stop loss equity £100 ! This way I could no what I stand to win or lose each cycle and it wont get out of control. I am making some good money with this so far but with this mod I think it would be the best EA around.

Thanks 4xTraderz...

I post my EA 'as is' base and I am not planning on modifying the EA. This method (grid/martingale) would only be possible in overseas' traders or someone who has a lots of money if they are in the US. If I can use it for my own account, I would spend the money for code to be change/modify, but since I am in US and broker won't allow me to trade same pair hedging and only allowed 50:1 leverage, there are no way that I would be able to use it on my account. I am currently using this EA only on my clients' account 'as is' using selective time trading and/or TC1 and TC2 settings rotate or select one over the other depend on my analysis on the market direction.

This EA (or any grid/martingale) strategy should not run 24/5 in my opinion. iWin is no different, but in my experience and opinion, if you can use it as tool, it makes very good profit "as is" without any modification.

Edited by fx4_ever

Great EA.. I'm having very good results! but I noticed something weird.. usually it starts cycles by opening 1 sell and 1 buy and then it keeps opening more trades until the profit get positive and it closes the cycle.. but there are times when it start cycles by opening 4 trades together all at the same price more or less, usually 3 buy and 1 sell and then it does not open anymore trades and so as the price goes against, the drawdown keeps growing more and more.. and then the only thing to do is closing trades manually... i don't think is a matter of waiting because I even waited for 2 days a few times but no trades were opened and the drawdown was really big at that time..

is this a bug or what ?

hello.. does no one has same issue as described few days ago in my post ? i keep experiencing it... i'm using same setfile as in post #1 and the magic number version of the ea.. my broker is alpari uk.

would be great if someone can help thanks!!

I am currently trading on Alpari UK (clients acct) and don't have any issue. Same set file used. Set file #1. You may want to check log file and see if there's any message that may explain what is the problem. Sorry that I couldn't help more than this.

ok i got it... had a look at the log file and noticed that everytime i got that problem, 2 trades failed to open [Trade context is busy] and so only 4 were opened causing the whole issue. it looks like at that point the ea somehow stops working and is not opening new positions anymore.. is there a way to make the ea to retry opening the positions when it gets the [trade context is busy] error message ?

thanks for the latest update on the EA fx4-ever. would you mind letting us know why your myfxbook account was last updated on 7th Jan please?

cheers

Hi:

My mother in law passed away and I am away from home, so I disabled all trading until I get home. That is the reason that it has no activity. I will turn the EA back on as soon as I get back home.

Hi Bro fx4_ever,

First of all, thanks for the great EA. I have just tried it live. 1st day return is ~3% of my capital (300).

I have a request/help; can anyone help to program the EA such that after 5 consecutive losses (0.02,0.04,0.08,0.16,0.32), the EA will automatically cut loss? The reason being my MM to allow me to cut loss 5% of the balance then I will call it a day. Will trade again the following day.

Thanks in advance.

hi fx4ever, can you also expose the comment as input variable please? i.e. like what you did with MagicNumbers, being able to change the default comment "EURUSD_TC1" or TC2...

reason i ask is that am running it on multiple charts (same TF and pair) but with different settings. so having a different comment for each chart is good to have.

cheers. thanks in advance