Cable Run from Profitable FX

This is the fifth set of backtest data, for SL function.. LOL ? write yours pls.

See details attached..

Yes I was with 0.1 lot... but in my day trade in LIVE, I like to trade with 0.11lot until before NY session.

int EntryHourFrom = 20; // 1am local GMT +8

int EntryHourTo = 13; // 6pm still can trade

int ExitHour = 14; // 7pm Stop trade

if(!TelagaEmas && !IsTradeTime()) { DeletePendingOrders(Magic); return (0);}

bool IsTradeTime()

{

bool Result=false;

if((EntryHourFrom<=EntryHourTo && Hour()>=EntryHourFrom && Hour()<=EntryHourTo) ||

(EntryHourFrom>EntryHourTo && (Hour()>=EntryHourFrom || Hour()<=EntryHourTo)))

{

Result=true;

if(Hour()>=ExitHour)

if((EntryHourFrom<=EntryHourTo && ExitHour>=EntryHourFrom) ||

(EntryHourFrom>EntryHourTo && ExitHour>=EntryHourFrom) ||

(EntryHourFrom>EntryHourTo && ExitHour<=EntryHourTo))

Result=false;

}

return(Result);

}

5. SL 197, ATRPeriod1,ATRPeriod2 = 3,5, Not 24hrs Running. 10K->profit 1285.70, DD 6.44%

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5177/strategytesterz.gif

Edited by muruku

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Muruku,

I need a little bit help: The time zones are a little bit confusing below:

You wrote:

// Suggested Active 5am until 4pm at GMT +8

I do not really understand the 4 timeframe rows above

Is it possible to show them in GMT = 0 time? Then if I have a GMT + 2 Broker, then I simply have to modifiy the given times with +2. Now honestly I do not know, how to modify the given timeframes even if you write me, that you have GMT +8... becasue it is not clear.

Please help me (us ) out with this.

thank you

PS: I would like to send a BIG "thank you" for your usuful post. How can I do it in this forum?

ok to make it crystal clear to all of you..

below are my fx server time 20, 13 & 14 (GMT+2 or +3) which are equivalent to my time GMT + 8 1am, 6pm & 7pm .. for case of CSIPPIKE, you seemed need to set them with 19,12 & 13..

Again, i seldom trust b/test data..

** you can press Thanks Icon at your bottom left

post_thanks.php?do=post_thanks_add&p=104969&securitytoken=1285497394-4c66250bf4bbe6519c0ca619c81e7be501e2d960

Dear Muruku,

I need a little bit help: The time zones are a little bit confusing below:

You wrote:

// Suggested Active 5am until 4pm at GMT +8

I do not really understand the 4 timeframe rows above

Is it possible to show them in GMT = 0 time? Then if I have a GMT + 2 Broker, then I simply have to modifiy the given times with +2. Now honestly I do not know, how to modify the given timeframes even if you write me, that you have GMT +8... becasue it is not clear.

Please help me (us ) out with this.

thank you

PS: I would like to send a BIG "thank you" for your usuful post. How can I do it in this forum?

ok, it is the take profit that was set too low.

So change the the min profit to something higher.

I have 1 request for this ea, last posted was cablelarikan_24h. could you add in an equity protecion (extern) level , in usd or% , as sl. and also , limit the hours trding time. i see this in the code:

string CableRunStartTime = "20:00"; // 1:00=6.00am myfxbook 7am onwards is good !!!!

string CableRunEndTime = "2:00"; // 9:00=2.00pm

extern bool CableNotToRunTradesTimes = false;

string CableRunNOTtoTradesTime1 = "09:00"; //<-- this is your pc local time (=NY 8am)

string CableRunNOTtoTradesTime2 = "18:30"; //(=NY 1.30pm)

or this:

below are my fx server time 20, 13 & 14 (GMT+2 or +3)

none externed, but, as the code is so messy, i don't dare to change these settings. and i don't understand them neither, as they say 2.00 for 2 ¿PM? or 9.00=2.00?¿?¿? 1:00=6.00am?¿

would be better to have a gmt shift... then a time setting.-

Just a gmt shift, like all ea's have. in this phrase " 20, 13 & 14 (GMT+2 or +3)", you mention a total of 6 different timings.. May looks cristal clear to you, as you wrote it,but i can't see it. Just do a gmt shift, pleaaaseeeee ;;) ....

Edited by jackdan

ok, it is the take profit that was set too low.

So change the the min profit to something higher.

I have 1 request for this ea, last posted was cablelarikan_24h. could you add in an equity protecion (extern) level , in usd or% , as sl. and also , limit the hours trding time. i see this in the code:

string CableRunStartTime = "20:00"; // 1:00=6.00am myfxbook 7am onwards is good !!!!

string CableRunEndTime = "2:00"; // 9:00=2.00pm

extern bool CableNotToRunTradesTimes = false;

string CableRunNOTtoTradesTime1 = "09:00"; //<-- this is your pc local time (=NY 8am)

string CableRunNOTtoTradesTime2 = "18:30"; //(=NY 1.30pm)

or this:

below are my fx server time 20, 13 & 14 (GMT+2 or +3)

none externed, but, as the code is so messy, i don't dare to change these settings. and i don't understand them neither, as they say 2.00 for 2 ¿PM? or 9.00=2.00?¿?¿? 1:00=6.00am?¿

would be better to have a gmt shift... then a time setting.-

Just a gmt shift, like all ea's have. in this phrase " 20, 13 & 14 (GMT+2 or +3)", you mention a total of 6 different timings.. May looks cristal clear to you, as you wrote it,but i can't see it. Just do a gmt shift, pleaaaseeeee ;;) ....

Yes, i agree i'm lost too with these parameters, it's not very clear :-/ IMHO

i don't see these lines:

when i open CableLarikanMuruku_V4.mq4

I think many of us don't understand clearly what

to change in the metaeditor for these hours of trading

A great thanks again for all your work here !

Edited by didier

Here is the Cable Run EA with the Trade times externalized and the GMTOffset added.

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/DBMOVOLB/Cable_Run.mq4_links

You can change the GMT broker offset to your liking. I am not sure if the Externalized Trading times that muruku intended are correct. Maybe he can take a look and make the necessary corrections.

This is a decent concept but it suffers from several bad features. For one it has no SL which is very dangerous. Second, it will hold trades until "MinProfit" pips are reached as a basket (multiple positions). It is just a matter of time when this will not be reached and the EA will be left with many open positions at a loss getting worse and worse until the account is blown.

A feature needs to be added to exit the open basket every day at a certain hour before the start of the new session. In this way every day a new clean session is started without trades from the previous day. Without an SL and this feature the EA presents a very high risk proposition.

Good luck

Here is the Cable Run EA with the Trade times externalized and the GMTOffset added.

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/DBMOVOLB/Cable_Run.mq4_links

You can change the GMT broker offset to your liking.

fxknight, thank you for your upload. But I can't see any externalized trade times or GMT offset when I attache the EA.

Can you check it out, please...

Thank you.

Metin

fxknight, thank you for your upload. But I can't see any externalized trade times or GMT offset when I attache the EA.

Thank you.

Metin

You have to open the mq4 for that :

int EntryHourFrom = 19; // 1am local GMT +8

int EntryHourTo = 12; // 6pm still can trade

int ExitHour = 13; // 7pm Stop trade

int GMTOffset = 3; // MT4 GMT adjustment - added by fxknight

:)

Thank you.

Metin

You are right. I meant to add them as external but did not get to it. You can use it by modifying the code or change:

to:

extern int EntryHourFrom = 19; // 1am local GMT +8

extern int EntryHourTo = 12; // 6pm still can trade

extern int ExitHour = 13; // 7pm Stop trade

extern int GMTOffset = 3; // MT4 GMT adjustment - added by fxknight

Cheers

You have to open the mq4 for that :

:)

Well, I thought "externalized" means something else that to be arranged manually at "input" parameters of the EA when opened. Anyway, does that mean that we should only change the "int GMTOffset= " and the rest automatically adapts when opening mq4? Because in your example int GMTOffset = 3 , and trading times are the same as given in the EA below:

int GMTOffset = 1; // MT4 GMT adjustment - added by fxknight

I'm not good at coding, please clarify... By the way, I'd like to adapt those values for GMT+0

Metin

I 'm pretty sure the nasty broker will NOT HAPPY when they detect you run this EA & earn good $ .. couple tricks they can manipulate & the notorious one can be delaying their server time, i saw the delays was up to 10 minutes & i just wrote an email for a head' s up of unpleasing....

string Local_Time = TimeToStr(TimeLocal(), TIME_MINUTES); <-- your local PC

string Server_Time = TimeToStr(TimeCurrent()+ X*3600,TIME_MINUTES); <-- your broker time time of GU pair , X= offset of your local time to the broker, this is integer

double Diff = NormalizeDouble(MathAbs(TimeLocal() - (TimeCurrent()+ 5*3600))/60,2);

so if you see DIFF more than 2 minutes .. than this is NASTY !

Any skillful programmer can write a log file to track all this delay ? so that we can file them properly ?

Hi everyone exactly what nasty brokers are you referring to? I'm with Go Markets and they restart their servers everyday which is normal for every broker and sometimes they're offline for a few minutes. Are you guys referring to STP and ECN brokers or Market Makers such as ODL (I had heard they are Market Makers)? I had thought that everyone had moved away from Market Makers and if you are referring to STP or ECN brokers then what hope do we have?

Also I'd like to say that I'm demoing this EA and I am impressed after a few days. CableLarikanMuruku V4 and CableLarikan Ok 24HR. Of course I'm anticipating some nasty surprises down the road but I would like to believe that wouldn't be the case. Big thanks to Muruku and others but Muruku I believe that copyright shouldn't be a concern because then that means this whole forum then shouldn't exist. All the EA's on this forum have been "educated". This is a crazy time in the world and believe me harder times are coming. Big Banks and Players out there are ripping little people off so we need to help each other.

This information ( Cable Run and other EAs) has been made available to us for a reason. It's either a scam (a bullshit dream) or it's going to work. If it works then anyone who's willing to try it on real money should be allowed to have a go. I'm not a programmer. I'm a musician and my wish is to have a passive income from forex so I can support myself and others when need be. I've bought EAs for full price and have felt a little bit used. If Cable Run works and I make money then I'll buy a copy... no problem. If you have a "better" and "safer" version then can you make it available please? If not then thank you for your programming genius... better than a kick up the bum.

Tom

P.S Hey guys on Cable Larikan ok 24HR what does profit mode refer to? The default is 3. I've searched the forum but haven't located the meaning.

Edited by tomislav

.... CableLarikanMuruku V4 QUOTE]

Oh, which Version was that? I might have missed that one though :) Can you guide me to that or post a link?

I have tried CableLarikan Ok 24HR which runs fine till it closes the first order and delete all pending... Then its stuck/dead... And there is this profit mode which places pending orders in addition depending on the value selected.... Check it in the tester in visual mode.

The GMT version runs but shows lots of errors (130...) in the Journal while in the tester. I have put it in demo to see whats going on there. However, this version does not have the ATR filter...

While having my accounts in EUR, I have reduced the MINProf about 3 points... It helps driving the PF up.

Would be great if the mods or somebody who is really deep into this thread here can wrap it up for a common understanding.

Cheers

.... CableLarikanMuruku V4 QUOTE]

Oh, which Version was that? I might have missed that one though :) Can you guide me to that or post a link?

I have tried CableLarikan Ok 24HR which runs fine till it closes the first order and delete all pending... Then its stuck/dead... And there is this profit mode which places pending orders in addition depending on the value selected.... Check it in the tester in visual mode.

The GMT version runs but shows lots of errors (130...) in the Journal while in the tester. I have put it in demo to see whats going on there. However, this version does not have the ATR filter...

While having my accounts in EUR, I have reduced the MINProf about 3 points... It helps driving the PF up.

Would be great if the mods or somebody who is really deep into this thread here can wrap it up for a common understanding.

Cheers

This is what its means :D

extern int ProfitMode = 2; // 0 by pips;1 by profit;2 by totalpips,3 by totalprofit;

it is for close order mode ... :D

Hello Could someone post a working version of the EA along with indicators needed ? That would be appreciated.Thanks for your help.

hXXp://www.4shared.com/file/vr8PZ5dx/CableLarikan_ok_24H_EA_and_ATR.html

(i think this is the latest version? and i also run this for 2nd main account :) --- of course at smallest lot)

Edited by leonytham