Cable Run from Profitable FX

Can you be analytical a bit to the code.. ?

NewOrder(2,50,1.5253,0,0) 5

Your Bot trying to place a buylimit order for repeating trial for 5 times for

50 LOT at 1.5253, tp & sl = 0..

So does it make sense to execute ?

thank you muruku very much .

but how can i solve this ?

i got it again even when i changed the lots ..i am using Alpari UK ..and sometimes FXDD... GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.1,1.524,0,0) 26

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from myfxbook stat analysis, the best pips to grab is from Euro-->NY session...

After NY to Asian session, the market will be too quiet for this EA.. & since the minProfit >= 15..

so this target sometime hardly to be achieved..maybe waste your electricity bill while grab less pips...

Using ATR_pips is to ensure the market go ranging (indicated by FLATTEN ) before jump into the trade.

and please tell us what is the best time of trading for this ea!!

from myfxbook stat analysis, the best pips to grab is from Euro-->NY session...

After NY to Asian session, the market will be too quiet for this EA.. & since the minProfit >= 15..

so this target sometime hardly to be achieved..maybe waste your electricity bill while grab less pips...

Using ATR_pips is to ensure the market go ranging (indicated by FLATTEN ) before jump into the trade.

really you are doing great in here and i ask God to bless you cuz you and all the people who help the others.

i just keep getting this error GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.1,1.524,0,0) 26

i am using Alpari Uk and it's 5 digits.. how can i fix this ? and how much SL and TP does this EA always set and can you please tell me what strategy does it use for trading?

I'm not with 5 digits broker so I won't experience what was the issue or how to solve.

EA is just a script to automated our manual trading process...

If you spot the EA never work for your case NewOrder(3,0.1,1.524,0,0) 26 ==> placing pending orders at 0.1 lot, at price 1.5240, tp & sl = 0..repeating 26 trials also never get thru ..

why not you try manual entry ? if it able to execute your order, something logic in EA need to fix, if not succeed with manual way, how you expect the EA can do the job ? does it very make sense ?

Here's my guess to your problem

- Your Broker never accept Tp/SL of 0 (mostly suspected)

- Your Broker prohibit you to enter trade, keep on rejecting ==> notorious phrase REQUOTE , it mostly happen during news time !.. check your journal tab to spot kind of trade entry rejection message..

really you are doing great in here and i ask God to bless you cuz you and all the people who help the others.

i just keep getting this error GBPUSD,H1: #0 Error: 4105 Function: NewOrder(3,0.1,1.524,0,0) 26

i am using Alpari Uk and it's 5 digits.. how can i fix this ? and how much SL and TP does this EA always set and can you please tell me what strategy does it use for trading?

do you think you can MANUAL enter the trade with 3.7 lots ?

if you can do it, your EA should also get thru .. if not, blame noone ok ?

2010.09.24 16:39:38 2010.09.20 02:26 CableLarikan_ok_24H GBPUSD,H1: #1 Error: 130 Function: NewOrder(2,3.7,1.5658,0,0) 17

getting this error friends...i have no skill in programming so it would have to be spoon feeding please.

I'm not with 5 digits broker so I won't experience what was the issue or how to solve.

EA is just a script to automated our manual trading process...

If you spot the EA never work for your case NewOrder(3,0.1,1.524,0,0) 26 ==> placing pending orders at 0.1 lot, at price 1.5240, tp & sl = 0..repeating 26 trials also never get thru ..

why not you try manual entry ? if it able to execute your order, something logic in EA need to fix, if not succeed with manual way, how you expect the EA can do the job ? does it very make sense ?

Here's my guess to your problem

- Your Broker never accept Tp/SL of 0 (mostly suspected)

- Your Broker prohibit you to enter trade, keep on rejecting ==> notorious phrase REQUOTE , it mostly happen during news time !.. check your journal tab to spot kind of trade entry rejection message..

thank you very much for helping me but if i am going to do it manually i will have to sleep beside the PC 24H/5days :)).. you think i can set SL of TP with a TrialingStop .. would be good ?

Well, let's solve your basic problem before thinking of adding twists & bells..

so many type of EAs as we are know abt.. martingale, scalper, trailing, trend, grid, hedge, breakout, reverse trend, candlestick pattern, sooo many until i can not describe...

You can go to read what is the nature of this GRID EA & you will forget of adding trailing stop to it.

I strongly suggest we need to put SL for each entry..

thank you very much for helping me but if i am going to do it manually i will have to sleep beside the PC 24H/5days :)).. you think i can set SL of TP with a TrialingStop .. would be good ?

arr .. there's no such thing holygrail with 100% success rate. CRun in FPA is plummet with few hundred pips down that anytime will burn up the equity..

so was myself with minus positions of -200 pips as attempting to sneak few greedy pips during friday closing end before NY session..

hmm.. I kept reminding myself many many times not to fool around with Friday closing end, but still jump into ..

Tough & good learning.. so, 2 things can be done .. set a reasonable sl to this EA to secure the equity & pray to regain back with few positive pips & close them all..

Thus, if you are swamp into this dilemma, let's change the MinProfit to small pips & let the EA to close all pos.. or manual close asap ..

Happy pips to all !!!

if you know better the STRATEGY how to grab many hundred pips a week with the EA ....

Please our fren here...

Based on my assessment in LIVE acc, it SHOULD BE AT LEAST 100 pips a day ...

me too (thanks to azam), also to muruku :)

let's the profit runs (hopefully in long term)

happy weekends

Error codes

2010.09.24 16:39:38 2010.09.20 02:26 CableLarikan_ok_24H GBPUSD,H1: #1 Error: 130 Function: NewOrder(2,3.7,1.5658,0,0) 17

getting this error friends...i have no skill in programming so it would have to be spoon feeding please.

Error: 130 means "Invalid stops." Invalid stops can mean you wanted to put stops within stop level or you wanted to put stops to an illogical position. Stops mean not only stop loss but also take profit, buy stop, sell stop, buy limit and sell limit. Stop level means the minimum distance from current market price if you want to place in a market order or the OrderOpenPrice if you want to open a pending order.

The stop levels are broker dependent. You can easily check the stop level of your current broker if you click on "New Order" button on MT4 Standard toolbar, the order window opens, you select Pending Order in the Type window, then below the Expiry window you will get a message like: "Open price you set must differ from market price by at least * pips." There * pips is your stop level for that particular broker and particular currency at that particular moment in time.

So, probably the EA got error 130 message when it tried to put pending orders or TP or SL too close to the current market price. To avoid this error you should direct the EA to keep larger distance either between the current market price and the intended OrderOpenPrice of the pending order or between the OrderOpenPrice and TP or SL.

Hope this helps :)

from Profitable FX :-

==================

UPDATE ABOUT CABLE RUN : Probably we will have new version of Cable Run already this Friday,but we will be neede 1 or 2 weeks more to test that,if all is wroking perfectly. Please be patient, we will eMail you our dear buyers, as all will be ready.

Thank you for you attention !

The New Updates on the site and other rocking things will come already soon, follow us for more info...We have a lot of new fresh ideas !

Sorry for a bit slow support as we have hundreds of eMails daily we are trying to answer them as fast as we can ,if you want just real fast support just pm us in skype (the username is tyomma1) . Thanks for your attention !

from Profitable FX :-

==================

UPDATE ABOUT CABLE RUN : Probably we will have new version of Cable Run already this Friday,but we will be neede 1 or 2 weeks more to test that,if all is wroking perfectly. Please be patient, we will eMail you our dear buyers, as all will be ready.

Thank you for you attention !

The New Updates on the site and other rocking things will come already soon, follow us for more info...We have a lot of new fresh ideas !

Sorry for a bit slow support as we have hundreds of eMails daily we are trying to answer them as fast as we can ,if you want just real fast support just pm us in skype (the username is tyomma1) . Thanks for your attention !

I'll open a betting market that they have taken the ideas and coding from this thread and implemented it.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

On my backtest, the ea stops completely after 2 pending sell and 2 pending buy, not allowing the test to go further. Any idea why?

No error messages, nothing, just stops...

Is that ea not backtestable?

I experience the same thing. This EA stop working after u hit your Minprofit (ie: $15). So I guess you need to increase the Minprofit. :) Hope this little info helps!

I never like to backtest EA nowadays; However, i have some interesting data for you all

1 Hour (H1) 2010.08.23 00:00 - 2010.09.24 22:00 (2010.08.22 - 2010.09.26)

=============================================================

1. SL 197, ATRPeriod1,ATRPeriod2 = 3,4, 24hrs Running. 10K->profit 1148.83, DD 14.94%

2. SL 197, ATRPeriod1,ATRPeriod2 = 3,5, 24hrs Running. 10K->profit 1092.60, DD 14.19%

3. SL 197, ATRPeriod1,ATRPeriod2 = 3,4, Not 24hrs Running. 10K->profit 700.54, DD 8.52%

4. SL 197, ATRPeriod1,ATRPeriod2 = 3,5, Not 24hrs Running. 10K->profit 1195.90, DD 6.45%

So here's my time filter...

// Suggested Active 5am until 7pm at GMT +8

int EntryHourFrom = 1; // 5am

int EntryHourTo = 13; // 6pm still can trade

int ExitHour = 14; // 7pm Stop trade = 7am NY session

Arrh fifth set of data

// Suggested Active 5am until 4pm at GMT +8

int EntryHourFrom = 20; // 1am local GMT +8

int ExitHour = 14; // 7pm Stop trade

5. SL 197, ATRPeriod1,ATRPeriod2 = 3,5, Not 24hrs Running. 10K->profit 1285.70, DD 6.44%

So, option 5 apparently better & safer.. Maybe your guys had better optimizations.. share pls !

Edited by muruku

How can i attach the image file ?

Hi Muruku. Just register and upload your image at e.g . hxxp://imageshack.us/ and copy and paste the link or hyperlink. By the way got version of EA has the SL function? e.g.197. How is the idea of eggzactly of dynamic entry? at http://indo-investasi.com/showthread.php/8503-Cable-Run-from-Profitable-FX?p=104205&viewfull=1#post104205 thanks

I never like to backtest EA nowadays; However, i have some interesting data for you all

1 Hour (H1) 2010.08.23 00:00 - 2010.09.24 22:00 (2010.08.22 - 2010.09.26)

=============================================================

1. SL 197, ATRPeriod1,ATRPeriod2 = 3,4, 24hrs Running. 10K->profit 1148.83, DD 14.94%

2. SL 197, ATRPeriod1,ATRPeriod2 = 3,5, 24hrs Running. 10K->profit 1092.60, DD 14.19%

3. SL 197, ATRPeriod1,ATRPeriod2 = 3,4, Not 24hrs Running. 10K->profit 700.54, DD 8.52%

4. SL 197, ATRPeriod1,ATRPeriod2 = 3,5, Not 24hrs Running. 10K->profit 1195.90, DD 6.45%

So here's my time filter...

// Suggested Active 5am until 7pm at GMT +8

int EntryHourFrom = 1; // 5am

int ExitHour = 14; // 7pm Stop trade = 7am NY session

Arrh fifth set of data

5. SL 197, ATRPeriod1,ATRPeriod2 = 3,5, Not 24hrs Running. 10K->profit 1285.70, DD 6.44%

So, option 5 apparently better & safer.. Maybe your guys had better optimizations.. share pls !

Hi Muruku, what is the initial lot size for the backtest? 0.1 lot?

Arrh fifth set of data

Hi muruku,

thanks for your several mods for this ea

i have a question , i use settings azam (broker instaforex)

string CableRunStartTime = "20:00"; // 1:00=6.00am myfxbook 7am onwards is good !!!!

string CableRunEndTime = "2:00"; // 9:00=2.00pm

extern bool CableNotToRunTradesTimes = false;

string CableRunNOTtoTradesTime1 = "09:00"; //<-- this is your pc local time (=NY 8am)

string CableRunNOTtoTradesTime2 = "18:30"; //(=NY 1.30pm)

Is what I must put your fifth data after these lines

sorry, i'm not good for coding.:-S

thanks for your help

Edited by didier