Cable Run from Profitable FX

The final version ? this is what you should code-in yourself LOL.

Hello Guys. How are you?

So far i have seen many versions of this EA and i really don't know which one are you using to get a good results and safe trading. can anyone able to share the final version and if there's any version which has SL and Tp please share as well...!!

Thanks in advance!

Regards

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's modify based on your code. DONE ! Happy pips !

double Pips = TotalProfit(Magic);

if (Pips > MinProfit){

while(MyOrdersTotal(Magic) != 0) {

DeletePendingOrders(Magic);

CloseAllTrades(0, Magic)

}

}

My instafx result for today :-

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr116/azam575/cr_10pair.png

10pair , 0.01 lot (1cent). closebasket 1pair = 15pips, closeALLPair = 1.50usd

Hi there Mr. Muruku,

I've changed the ATR values however is this where I put the WHILE loop?

Original code from Cable Larikan ok 24 HR

// latest by muruku

/*

double Pips = TotalProfit(Magic); ---------- Do I keep this line?

if (Pips > MinProfit){ ---------- Do I start here?

CloseAllTrades(0, Magic)

} */ ---------- Do I keep the asterisk and the forward slash? Not in your new coding.

This is your code

if (Pips >= MinProfit){

while(MyOrdersTotal(Magic) != 0) {

CloseAllTrades(1, Magic);

CloseAllTrades(2, Magic);

}

Just want to make sure with you first because I would like it to work properly and you're the MAN in this forum.

Dankaschoen,

Tom

The final version ? this is what you should code-in yourself LOL.

We all do respect and greatfull for you and others who code for us, but not everybody knows how to do what you guys doing. Some of us asked for the final versions because we do not have the knowledge to do it.

Regards

See my answers !

Hi muruku,

Thanks for all your idea and support. I’m interesting in demoing this EA and looking forward to running it in live account. But I wonder about some matter, could you please help me explain it ?

-I have a bit scare about running this EA w/o SL ? If the price run away, and there are many open position are loss floating, how should I cope with it ? Could you share your thinking about that and what do you recommend me if I stuck in that problem ?

>> the ATR_pips filters able to get rid of EA to trade during NY session OR you manually turn it off. Usually if no unexpected big wave where the EA enter the trades in ranging mode.. hopefully those open positions can be closed happily.

I wrote a warning that if open position more than 5, i need to watch whether i should slam them manually. (see my previous thread, i stuck last friday with -200 pips, slammed it & managed to recover 240 pips in these 2 days....

-Do you use Close All Trade when Min Profit hit or Close each trade that get the min profit ?

>> I answered this many times using WHILE loop logic.. again, check them out !

-I read that you run 1 instance full time, + another 1 one during NY to Asian session. May you give you some detail ?

For 1 instance full time, I guest you use it 24h and use ATR-pip filter and no use time limit (use TelagaMas = true)? Is that right ? Can I use CableLarikan ok 24h for the first instance ?

For the second instance you use during NY to Asian session : Can I also use CableLarikan ok 24H with the TelagaMas= false and set the time for the second instance ?

>> all my 2 instances are exactly cloning copies, except the diff in magic#. Here's my style, 1 instance from Asian to NY, more than 0.1 lot (ATR_pips did a great job to filter storm from econ news...greedy a bit, due to less risk)

Turn on 2 instances, 0.1 lots after NY session to Asian session...

I have a idea, could we add the news filter function FFcal to this EA to avoid red news ? the same with the function in Megadroid N1...What do you think about it ?

>> yeah.. pretty good.... i 'm part timer actually, if you got free time, why not ?

Sorry for too many question, :)

Thanks in advance

Guys, i realized many new comers visiting this thread which are greatly welcome but still asking some basic questions that had been answered in previous couple pages. I would like your folks go to read them, understand & do your coding accordingly.

Thus, that said, i will not answer them again & again...

Now, I'm interested on how are you doing on Demo or Live acc , PIPS per week, your strategy, performance, any delays from your brokers using my DIFF logic showed you before....

My delays from broker is 30-35s compared to local time after i caught them played nasty with 7-10 minutes this Monday. Now, I had tamed them up... not sure what's the next trick then.. I keep on changing EA name & magic#.

Edited by muruku

guys, for those who never diligently read back the previous threads that some of them contained very IMPORTANT message..

here's the latest code you can refer to

1)in ATR_pips.mq4, the extern int ATR_Period=7; you can play around with 6 or 7

Hi muruku . A question from e newbie of mql code. I starting with this 3D to study mql code.

//double ATRPips     =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",ATR_Period,0,0);

double ATRPips =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,0);
double ATRPrePips1 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,ATRPeriod1);
double ATRPrePips2 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,ATRPeriod2);

1- In the first line (that is disabled-comment) you use ATR_Period as parameter so the ATR_Pips indicator setting in the chart is "ovverride" .. true ?

2- In the others line you don't pass this parameter , so the value depend from the ATR_Pips indicator setting in the chart....true?

My question is : why you prefer the second "option" , and never use ATR_Period variable?

In other words :

code 1-double ATRPrePips1 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,ATRPeriod1);

code 2-double ATRPrePips1 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",ATR_Period,0,ATRPeriod1);

Why you prefer code 1 ?

thanks in advance

Sharing news EA for GU (not trading EA), you can clone them so that to be news EA for any pair you like, for case of EU, turn on EUR = true in global variable. & turn off any irrelevance current pair you think not related to your currency pair...

put them in separate chart so that they will warn you for incoming news.

Again put in the X integer which is offset of you and the broker... that will warn you on any news in LOCAL TIME too.

You need to get WebGet.dll & WebGet.mqh from other forums...

string upcomLocalTime = TimeToStr(dt+ X*3600);

string prevLocalTime = TimeToStr(dt[i-1]+ X*3600);

string nextLocalTime = TimeToStr(dt+ X*3600);

Hi berusnet, you can open that codes in metaeditor, hover your mouse to keyword iCustom, press F1 to understand what is

iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",ATR_Period,0,0); means

|------- current bar ATR_pips reading

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, int mode, int shift)

|__ ATR_pips reading is held by index 0 in its indicators

|------- The third bar counting b/ward ATR_pips reading

double iCustom( string symbol, int timeframe, string name, int mode, 3)

|__ ATR_pips reading is held by index 0 in its indicators

etc etc ...

Hi muruku . A question from e newbie of mql code. I starting with this 3D to study mql code.

//double ATRPips     =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",ATR_Period,0,0);

double ATRPips =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,0);
double ATRPrePips1 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,ATRPeriod1);
double ATRPrePips2 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,ATRPeriod2);

1- In the first line (that is disabled-comment) you use ATR_Period as parameter so the ATR_Pips indicator setting in the chart is "ovverride" .. true ?

2- In the others line you don't pass this parameter , so the value depend from the ATR_Pips indicator setting in the chart....true?

My question is : why you prefer the second "option" , and never use ATR_Period variable?

In other words :

code 1-double ATRPrePips1 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",0,ATRPeriod1);

code 2-double ATRPrePips1 =iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M15,"ATR_Pips",ATR_Period,0,ATRPeriod1);

Why you prefer code 1 ?

thanks in advance

Well so far $3000 demo up to $4954 equity $4964 (2 days using standard posted Cable Larikan). Now using ATR 5. All other inputs default except min profit on 15 which is elementary. All on 0.1 lots. It survived a big downswing with GBPUSD today. I reckon CR musketeer time filter is the way to go for smaller accounts. See how we go. Adios!

P.S I've had a read of the entire thread. Why ATR 5? I'm experimenting ... ATR 3 worked great on upswing but gave big DD when more up/down started happening so I'm demoing with 7 and 5 ATR. ATR 5 has been experiencing less DD so far compared to 7 but early days. Profit mode explained in #320.

No increasing lots just standard 0.1 right through.

The 1.5 is for when you use 0.01 lots. 15 for 0.1 lots.

Edited by tomislav

Here is the Cable Run EA with the Trade times externalized and the GMTOffset added.

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/DBMOVOLB/Cable_Run.mq4_links

You can change the GMT broker offset to your liking. I am not sure if the Externalized Trading times that muruku intended are correct. Maybe he can take a look and make the necessary corrections.

This is a decent concept but it suffers from several bad features. For one it has no SL which is very dangerous. Second, it will hold trades until "MinProfit" pips are reached as a basket (multiple positions). It is just a matter of time when this will not be reached and the EA will be left with many open positions at a loss getting worse and worse until the account is blown.

A feature needs to be added to exit the open basket every day at a certain hour before the start of the new session. In this way every day a new clean session is started without trades from the previous day. Without an SL and this feature the EA presents a very high risk proposition.

Good luck

It sometimes happens that the EA opens&closes immediately pending buy&sell orders. Does that happen to you, any possible reason for that?

Cheers,

Edited by metin

my broker is fxclose

this is so weird, i've tried two different brokers and i still can't backtest the modified EA with the ATR indicator. I think it may be because it is using two different time frames? The EA is on H1 and the indicator is on M15.

muruku, which broker did you use to backtest on?