Cable Run from Profitable FX

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CR V3:

http://[email protected]/file/xIGVqOi-/Cable_Run_v30.html

My settings:

Step=170; FirstLot=0.1; IncLot=0; Magic=2008; PlaceTradesFrom="00:00"; PlaceTradesTo="23:59"; MinProfit=5; MaxLoss="0=none; 1=pips (position with largest loss); 2=percent (all orders)"; MaxLossMethod=1; MaxLossPips=100; MaxLossPct=10;

Hey guys, was just trying out the News mod and it looks like FFCal needs to be edited a bit. The news link in the original FFCal seems to be outdated. So, please open FFCal in your MT4 editor and comment out this line by adding two slashes before it like this //:

string sUrl = "http://www.forexfactory.com/ff_calendar_thisweek.xml";

and add this line just below the above line :

string sUrl = "http://cloud.forexfactory.com/ffcal_week_this.xml";

Hit Compile and test the FFCal indi by drag n drop onto a chart from the Customer Indicators section in your metatrader. If it works fine, then the mod will work too ;)

Hi Teknomage, I'm getting this alert every few seconds "FFCal Error - Web page download was not complete!"!!

Can you help?

Just thought of sharing my results after running V5 for 2 weeks on live account.

Did manually close some of the trades in profit due to emotional factor. Should have left them alone and the results would be way better.

Deposit: 4750.0

Trades: 76

Gross profit: 7,011.36

Gross loss: 0.00

Winners: 76 (100.00%)

Losers: 0 (0.00%)

Net pips: 3639.8

arconite, nice results, thanks for sharing here.

What do you mean by V5...? The latest version of CableRun is v3..?

Cheers, San.

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

David, did you follow the instructions in the post that you replied from? You will keep getting that error unless you edit FFCal.mq4 and change the sURL line as instructed to this line instead:

Hi Teknomage, I'm getting this alert every few seconds "FFCal Error - Web page download was not complete!"!!

Can you help?

teknomage, could you please post the download link to your CableLarikan_teknomage_v5 mod ? Thanks !

Yes sir, sure sir, right away sir....here it is sir, spoon feeding on a silver platter can be found on page 40, post 399.

pfff.

Edited by San4x
Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

Hello all. I'm running the teknomage's V5 on Exness. Here are my settings

Step: 170

First lot: 0.1

Inclot: 0.01

Min profit: 150

Trade all day: true

Trade friday: false

start time: 0:00

stop time: 23:59

Not trade time Lon1: 0:900

Not trade time Lon2: 12:00

Not trade time NY1: 14:00

Not trade time NY2: 17:00

ATR pips: 7

David, did you follow the instructions in the post that you replied from? You will keep getting that error unless you edit FFCal.mq4 and change the sURL line as instructed to this line instead:

Yes, have checked the sUrl and it's the same. Think it could be to do with a slow link.. Is that a possibility?

No, I dont think so, unless you've got a network issue that prevents you from accessing that page effectively. Test it out for yourself: just copy and paste this link into your browser, and see how fast the page loads up.

One more thing I can think of... did you COMPILE the edited FFCal mq4 after you made the change? :-))

Yes, have checked the sUrl and it's the same. Think it could be to do with a slow link.. Is that a possibility?

Hi teknomage haven't been here for ages didn't know you were back. I've found V5 to be the best one for me after all. Really tried with the latest versions and I still get the best results on V5. And I hear I'm not the only who thinks so. Is there any chance of getting a news filter added to V5? It'd make things easier when one's away from home. Also I'm finding EURCHF being quite suitable to trade as a substitute for GBPUSD so far. EURUSD is looking ok too... Much safer during GMT day hours. When GBPUSD moves during news look out.

The time filters are fine on V5 to use when avoiding news I suppose. News Filter is great to have in case you get stuck away from home for a day or two. :D

Edited by tomislav