Cable Run from Profitable FX

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn;t it obvious that the above account will get blown up. Small deposit from the beginning. Any ea needs equity to handle drawdowns.

Here is my $100K demo account. To me this will work on a $1000 live account with 0.01 lots. No need to be greedy.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/firozlim/avacablerun/62053 - 1510 pips on 3 charts in 4 days

I am running Cablerun v3 on Eurusd and Gbpusd on 1hr Tf to test compatability.

Cablelankan_muruku_teknomage on USDCHF on 1hr Tf.

Currently about 110 pips in negative on open trades but can close this and still make 1400 pips in the week

Summary

304 pips on Usdchf

844 pips on Gbpusd

362 pips on Eurusd.

I will run it for a few more weeks before I turn it onto live account with the best performer.

The most drawdown I saw was around 1000 pips in total. About 100 dollars. Nothing to worry about even on a $1000 account. Of course the live will only have 1 chart initially.

Watch this space

Edited by Firozfx

FirozFX,

Thanks for your updates and your view.

Running CableRun on a 100K account with 0.01 lots will not show the correct picture.

Why are you not running the demo account on $1000, as this will be the same as your intended live account?

Cheers, San.

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

Hey San4x.

My broker has a minimum of $100k on a demo account. I use it coz my live manually traded account is with them, same spreads and rates.

Chop of the zeroes = The max drawdown was $100. And margin requirement was somewhere around $40 with the large drawdown. The account was well in survival if it was live on $1000

Late afternoon run for the weekend. drawdown increased to 600 pips. Have to now decide to leave them open for the weekend or close now. And at 1 stage it was up about 13% in equity (Assuming it was $1000), profit $130. On a live I would have monitored it every hour but I hadly checked in on it.

Isn;t it obvious that the above account will get blown up. Small deposit from the beginning. Any ea needs equity to handle drawdowns.

Here is my $100K demo account. To me this will work on a $1000 live account with 0.01 lots. No need to be greedy.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/firozlim/avacablerun/62053 - 1510 pips on 3 charts in 4 days

I am running Cablerun v3 on Eurusd and Gbpusd on 1hr Tf to test compatability.

Cablelankan_muruku_teknomage on USDCHF on 1hr Tf.

Currently about 110 pips in negative on open trades but can close this and still make 1400 pips in the week

Summary

304 pips on Usdchf

844 pips on Gbpusd

362 pips on Eurusd.

I will run it for a few more weeks before I turn it onto live account with the best performer.

The most drawdown I saw was around 1000 pips in total. About 100 dollars. Nothing to worry about even on a $1000 account. Of course the live will only have 1 chart initially.

Watch this space

Yes, you need to give this EA some beef downwards, guess 1k on 0.01 or 10k on 0.1 should be the bare minimum. Again careful with Cable Run v3 as it does not place pending orders reliable. Run it in the tester on visual mode...

Cheers

Nice results, Firozfx! Keep 'em comin...

As for me, I've been running 6 different instances of CableRun variations with different settings for each one. Since Oct 12th, using mostly 0.1 lots on GBPUSD alone ona 5 digit broker, I've doubled a demo account from $10k to $21,026 and counting! The worst drawdown experienced during this test period was around -$4k. I'm gonna keep demoing it and see how it goes. One thing i've learnt during this time is to just trust the robot to do its own thing... interfering with it simply reduces its profitability

Hi teknomage

I'm using your CMv5_tek ffcal on GU between 19:00 and 7:00 GMT with very good results up to now. The only problem is that i got to close all open trades in the morning manually which is quite a schlep. Is it possible to pleeeeease add an "EmergencyCloseAll" or something like that?

Thanks a lot for this wonderfull EA.

FXstoney, I would encourage you and others here to try to learn a little bit about MQL4, if possible. Press F4 on your metatrader, open CMv5_teknomahe_FFCal mq4 file and add this line at the top just above the other extern variables:

extern bool EMERGENCYCloseAllNOW = false; //switch to true to close trades instantly!

After this, go down to the start() function and look for the line :

if (totalprofit > MinProfit){

Modify it to:

if (totalprofit > MinProfit || EMERGENCYCloseAllNOW){

and after the entire if condition, add this as well:

if(EMERGENCYCloseAllNOW){

Comment("\n\n\n+++++++ CableRun Emergency Closure ++++++++\n\n All Trades have been closed on user\'s request."

+"\n When you are ready to resume trading, change EMERGENCYCloseAllNOW back to FALSE");

return(0);

}

Hit Compile and try testing it now. If you have any problems with compiling, let me know...

Nice results, Firozfx! Keep 'em comin...

As for me, I've been running 6 different instances of CableRun variations with different settings for each one. Since Oct 12th, using mostly 0.1 lots on GBPUSD alone ona 5 digit broker, I've doubled a demo account from $10k to $21,026 and counting! The worst drawdown experienced during this test period was around -$4k. I'm gonna keep demoing it and see how it goes. One thing i've learnt during this time is to just trust the robot to do its own thing... interfering with it simply reduces its profitability

Now that is awesome considering some of the rough times the market has experienced as of late. With which version did you achieve this demo result with? :-/

Edited by tomislav

hey Tomi, it's a combination of most of the variations i had worked on, viz:

2 instances of CableMuruku24H_teknomage, one with my best preset#3 and the other with default Muruku's setting

1 instance of CableMuruku24H_teknomage_FFCal with default settings

1 instance of Cable Run v3 with optimized setting for FXopen

And the latest additions were two instances of CableMurukuv5_teknomage with the settings from arconite and newbee, based on the experiences they reported here

Take a look at the positive chaos on my terminal :)

http://yfrog.com/05crunsnapshotj

Haha, no, I didnt avoid Nov 9th at all... like i said, i just let the robot do it's own thing. Even though GU dived, it slowly picked up again... this was perfect for the robot! In the short term, it looked like a dangerous dip... but in the medium term, the pair retraced after the 9th and settled into a nice ranging pattern. In fact, the 9th yielded a profit... take a look!

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/2374/crnov9th.jpg

Edited by teknomage

hello everybody

i like cablerun, but my broker does not allow trading by robots

does any1 know if it is possible to hide my EA? let it trade for me, but without being seen by broker?

thank u!

Change brokers. If by some chance you do make money with them and they realise you have been using an expert advisor they will keep your money because you broke the rules. They are entitled to do this so stop and think again. There are good brokers out there who have no restrictions on the way you trade.

Edited by tomislav