Cable Run from Profitable FX

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody and thanks for the sharing .

I hope some can help 2 understand how the "CloseAtMaxLoss" work

and thanks in advance

it depends on your profit mode ===> 0 by pips;1 by profit;2 by totalpips,3 by totalprofit

if you choose "total pips" and u set it to -1000, that means it will close trades @ 1000 pips lost

if you choose "total profit" and you set it to -100, that means it will close trades @ $100 lost

PLEASE test this EA thoroughly before trading it live. Will wait to hear from y'all regarding your experiences. Need I say KUDOS!

Thanks for sharing your work teknomage. I've tried it on E/j and then reversed E/U to get some kind of correlation on a ECN broker but the trades on the revers side wont stay on the chart, they keep deleting to the Acc history.

I'm using default setting, is it the fact I'm using ECN broker the problem?

I am still trading on 3 pairs, profit around $4700 on a 10k dummy account. Profits have been pretty static over the last week. I took a hit last week when I mistakenly used close all function. I am also gradually closing out of some legacy USDJPY trades. I have been running 24/6.

I am going to rethink the use of this EA and look to limit to selected times with a tighter range.

rgds

Peter

Hi there,

Having spent an other 15 minutes on this strategy :0

I have started to look into filter alternatives since the current ATR is good, but it is blocking out too much potential trades and further.

A two step MA Filter alone is, on some quick runs, delivering better results in terms of trades, DD and Profit. I have just got started on it but it looks like it could be the key to get this flying without scary moments/DDs which can be dropped to 6% on a 2010 run. Add a Martingale and it reduces further... My point, you might wanna try some more filter options beside ATR...

2010 Backtest: Dukascopy Tickdata, Only MA Filter, 24h => Focus medium Profit/medium DD (with low Profit Target per trade)

Indo Run 1.4k

Initial deposit 10000.00

Total net profit 38123.66 Gross profit 69939.02 Gross loss -31815.36

Profit factor 2.20 Expected payoff 19.40

Absolute drawdown 2975.13 Maximal drawdown 12382.06 (33.87%) Relative drawdown 41.26% (4935.29)

Total trades 1965 Short positions (won %) 1002 (71.16%) Long positions (won %) 963 (71.55%)

Profit trades (% of total) 1402 (71.35%) Loss trades (% of total) 563 (28.65%)

Largest profit trade 592.62 loss trade -441.11

Average profit trade 49.89 loss trade -56.51

Maximum consecutive wins (profit in money) 20 (369.23) consecutive losses (loss in money) 11 (-2923.24)

Maximal consecutive profit (count of wins) 2577.00 (10) consecutive loss (count of losses) -2923.24 (11)

Average consecutive wins 5 consecutive losses 2

Hello,tecknomage and Indo,

I have tried both of your ea's,seems not bad,but I have found some bugs in it.

First one is TRADE CONTEXT BUSY - problem for both ea's.

That happened this night,so,it opened sell gbp/usd and gbp/usd went up more 45 pips and no more orders... I mean after 17 pips,no more orders.

The solution you can find here - http://articles.mql4.com/141

SO that is problem for both ea's , I think that it is because of requotes of brokers,but not sure.

Second problem is to TECNOMAGE , with avoiding news,for example gbp/usd was buy order,then it writes avoiding news ... it was avoiding a lot time,then I see -70 pips and nothing more it made, I haven't saw buy possition.

I hope I helped you,as you asked users opinion and if they will find something wrong .

Cheers

I think ATR is quite good,backtest is good at least, so what is my idea,to avoid this TRADE CONTEXT BUSY problem and add such thing,like not total martingale system,bt for example first order opened,another one opens in 17 pips,then for exampl 25, 35, 50... That is if atr made wrong possition,like I have now 5 sell possitions on gbp/usd ,doesn't sound cool....and if news will come now,it will destroy all.

How do you find that idea ?

Hello,tecknomage and Indo,

I have tried both of your ea's,seems not bad,but I have found some bugs in it.

First one is TRADE CONTEXT BUSY - problem for both ea's.

That happened this night,so,it opened sell gbp/usd and gbp/usd went up more 45 pips and no more orders... I mean after 17 pips,no more orders.

The solution you can find here - http://articles.mql4.com/141

SO that is problem for both ea's , I think that it is because of requotes of brokers,but not sure.

Second problem is to TECNOMAGE , with avoiding news,for example gbp/usd was buy order,then it writes avoiding news ... it was avoiding a lot time,then I see -70 pips and nothing more it made, I haven't saw buy possition.

I hope I helped you,as you asked users opinion and if they will find something wrong .

Cheers

Yeap, noticed the Trade Context Busy issue too. This one and Order Processing issues are sometimes initial or either spread over longer timeframes. Its on my list, guessing we might need to cover a whole range of options here ;)

Cheers

Yes,right,I guess BUSY CONTEXT is main problem for now...I am trading live now with small lot,for now,not so bad,but cause of BUSY CONTEXT I need to make some orders manually,what is not very funny,but I need also to sleep :)))) At all ,I think the tool is quite good,ATR is not making a lot wrong orders,as well it missed some goods,but noone will catch all best,I would advice to add some more filters and up to user to choose,which he want to ,for example I am quite satesfied with ATR .

Hope you will take a note from what I am writting :)

Yes,right,I guess BUSY CONTEXT is main problem for now...I am trading live now with small lot,for now,not so bad,but cause of BUSY CONTEXT I need to make some orders manually,what is not very funny,but I need also to sleep :)))) At all ,I think the tool is quite good,ATR is not making a lot wrong orders,as well it missed some goods,but noone will catch all best,I would advice to add some more filters and up to user to choose,which he want to ,for example I am quite satesfied with ATR .

Hope you will take a note from what I am writting :)

Yeap, thats what I mentined prior on the ATR as well. Its blocking out too many good trades and then still drives into DD. ATR is good but we still have space for improvement. I do have 5 filters which I am currently testing, to be run alone or in combination whatever is better.

Cheers

Hi expat1967. I'm using IndoR 1.2f on my live account and it goes great, but has a little problem, from ttime to time suddenly opens up many orders together and don't know why. Could you share the latest version of Indo?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings!

Still breeding over it. Will share ones ripe ;)

Cheers

Just thought of sharing my results after running V5 for 2 weeks on live account.

Did manually close some of the trades in profit due to emotional factor. Should have left them alone and the results would be way better.

Deposit: 4750.0

Trades: 76

Gross profit: 7,011.36

Gross loss: 0.00

Winners: 76 (100.00%)

Losers: 0 (0.00%)

Net pips: 3639.8

So ,I really see small problems in this modifications,as CONTEXT BUSY , for example once more this night that happened on my real account,where I am trading 0.01 lot... context was busy and no more orders where opened,you should to write code,that ea tries more to open possition,or after some minutes maybe continue to do that,cause that small thing make burn you account,I am more than sure in that... Trading on real with INDO RUN !

expat1967 ,waiiting your version as well.. hope you can edit context busy, for now I really like how indo run works, I mean how much orders per day,that is not to much ,or to less,that is golden middle . :) If you new indicator will do the same,but more qullity,that would be nice,yesterday my sell 8 orders of gbp/usd closed in good possition,but I had floating balance -800$ somewhere,with trading 0.1 and 0.2 (but I am trading few pairs)