CrazyHedge EA

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CrazyH

This EA is created only for long positions, only for buy to get profit. When you will go together with bulls you will get profit. If the trend is bearish your account gets big loss when you have 120 positions open. Swiss Army can help to close orders but you have to be with the bull trend. Am I right?

For sure you need Swiss Army or Script or second EA to close orders to get new ones but you will profit only if you are going with bull trend with this Crazy Hedger. You need your own good strategy to know if there is bull trend. To do so you have to be a good Trader. To be only Lucky with this EA is not enough, after big profit you will lose very fast. You have to have good strategy as a base for this EA. Than you can be a Millionaire.

Fortuna,

You are right for the most part, except that the CrazyHedger works for both long and short position.

It uses hedging to determine direction before opening maximum number of trades. As I mentioned earlier, the risk is after multiple position is opened, the direction changed. Otherwise, the EAs are working. Obviously you need to have enough pips before Swiss Army can close the trades for you, else all trades will open and losing swaps. So this EA works best with a pair that has enough daily range (at least 100 pip - 150 pips movement) for you to take advantage of.

Fortuna,

You are right for the most part, except that the CrazyHedger works for both long and short position.

It uses hedging to determine direction before opening maximum number of trades. As I mentioned earlier, the risk is after multiple position is opened, the direction changed. Otherwise, the EAs are working. Obviously you need to have enough pips before Swiss Army can close the trades for you, else all trades will open and losing swaps. So this EA works best with a pair that has enough daily range (at least 100 pip - 150 pips movement) for you to take advantage of.

Synergy..... What broker are us using for this ea?

Personally I am using Alpari UK.

However, you can use other brokers that support hedging. It will be very helpful if more people can contribute to which broker they encounter success with the EA.

I have tried thiis with fxcmuk. Hedging iis no problem there. However, when I run this EA, it closes the trades in profit and reopens new positions. Using the setting maxbuy=3 and maxsell=3; it opens 3 buys and 3 sells to start the position. But when the TP is hit, it closes and reopens 3 new positions. The trade always stays with 3 long and 3 short, thus losing the spread and commission with each trade. It never opens mulltiple buys (more than 3) if the long TP is hit. I do not understand why it acts differently.

Personally I am using Alpari UK.

However, you can use other brokers that support hedging. It will be very helpful if more people can contribute to which broker they encounter success with the EA.

sinergy, you are giving us great contribution to crazy EA.

I'm trying to use swiss army but not yet fully understand its operation.

I'm using as a broker fxsalt

once you have something new with it to be profitable I will post here

Maybe I am wrong of course this EA opens for short positions as well but it is not as much orders as 120 for long. In this case it works only for bull trend. Maximum orders it opens only for long. Am I right ? I tested it many times in MT4 tester.

you put 120 to buy and sell?

works perfectly here

From what I have noticed, currently the GBPUSD is trending up, that is why most of the trades reported are bull orders. We can only wait for time to tell when the GBPUSD is going on bear trend. However, in my forward test, it does open 120 bear trades for a short period of few hours before the trend go back bull sometime yesterday ...

http://crazy.mt4live.com

I do not see what the fuss is about, or why you still want to test the EA. The EA, which has been shared on page 10,

1. does not do any hedging

2. does not determine the trend to filter long/short entries

All it does is:

1. if number of long trades is less than max_orderbuy, then it will buy (with no other entry criteria)

2. if number of short trades is less than max_ordersell, then it will sell (with no other entry criteria)

So, if you set the max_orderbuy to 0 (because you think the trend is DOWN), then the EA will SELL only. Vice versa for BUY only.

It all comes down to: YOU have to determine what the trend is. If your thinking is correct, you win. Otherwise, you blow your account.

Try to count orders for long and for short. You will see in which direction it always works. Long always win. I have tool in MT4 to count orders for short and for long. Long are non stop orders in this EA.

EA closes short positions by the code, but for long you have to do it manually.

Edited by Fortuna

Fortuna,

I am not too sure what you are talking about. I have looked into the code and I found the following

case [color="#0000ff"]OP_BUY[/color]: if(OrderMagicNumber()==magic_buy){
if(([color="#0000ff"]Ask[/color]>(OrderOpenPrice()+tp*point))||([color="#0000ff"]Ask[/color]<(OrderOpenPrice()-sl*point))){
[color="#0000ff"]OrderClose[/color](OrderTicket(), OrderLots(),[color="#0000ff"]Ask[/color],slippage,Silver);a--;gle=GetLastError();} 
if(gle==1) c++; if(c>10){Print("giving up to close [color="#0000ff"]buy[/color] order. error: ",ErrorDescription(gle)); return(gle);}} 

case [color="#ff0000"]OP_SELL[/color]: if(OrderMagicNumber()==magic_sell){
if(([color="#ff0000"]Bid[/color]<(OrderOpenPrice()-tp*point))||([color="#ff0000"]Bid[/color]>(OrderOpenPrice()+sl*point))){
[color="#ff0000"]OrderClose[/color](OrderTicket(), OrderLots(),[color="#ff0000"]Ask[/color],slippage,Silver);A--;gle=GetLastError();} 
if(gle==1) d++; if(d>10){Print("giving up to close [b][color="#0000ff"]buy[/color][/b] order. error: ",ErrorDescription(gle)); return(gle);}} 

I am not a programmer, though willing to learn, what I see is that they have almost identical syntax from the code above that I assume is the trade closing codes, Bid for buy trade and Ask for sell trade, except a typo in the sell line that I blue up which suppose to be sell, but that is a description.

I would like to learn as from which code that you can tell,

EA closes short positions by the code, but for long you have to do it manually.
Edited by synergy

a 'dumb' (ie no real logic) EA with coding errors gets 30 pages. this is more a lesson in human behaviour than currency market trading.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

Synergy.

Change in the code this way you will see something what helps you understand more this EA. Change and run in MT4 tester to see how it works if you want to have some fun.

case OP_BUY: if(OrderMagicNumber()==magic_buy){

if((Ask>(OrderOpenPrice()+tp*point))||(Ask<(OrderOpenPrice()-sl*point))){

OrderClose(OrderTicket(), OrderLots(),Bid,slippage,Silver);a--;gle=GetLastError();}

if(gle==1) c++; if(c>10){Print("giving up to close buy order. error: ",ErrorDescription(gle)); return(gle);}}

By the way in order to have Crazy Hedger to run for you for bearish market you have to make similar second EA based on this code with small change.

From the code I noticed that man who wrote this EA is fom Indonesia. His name is Totom Suko Pratomo. His name is on another forex forum.

Clovelly made a good point:

So, if you set the max_orderbuy to 0 (because you think the trend is DOWN), then the EA will SELL only. Vice versa for BUY only.

Yes it will sell only but not putting multi non stop position. Just check by yourself.

Finally conclusion: YOU HAVE TO DETERMINE BULL TREND TO GET PROFIT from this EA.

Edited by Fortuna