Multicharts

FFRT

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

After a lot of investigating I found out that MultiCharts does not track your trial locally, it is done via server using your VOLUME ID (HD ID if you wish).

Download the latest version directly from MultiCharts and all you have to do is to change your VOLUME ID.

That is it, once done you will RESET your trial period for another 30 days! Once your trial expires just do it again.

This method will work until they change it.

If you need help on how to change your Volume ID just let me know, I will post a quick way to do it.

For one computer I have the original version.

I tested this method for the last 3 months on another computer (trial rest 3 times so far) since the license is for one computer only, worked every time.

And still working today, it will stop ONLY when they change how they track the trial days.

It is one step guide actually (well after you download this program):

Go to this link, you will find 6 ways to change Volume ID (HD ID)

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/changing-or-spoofing-hard-disk-hardware-serial-number-and-volume-id/

Personally I use method 1, very nice and easy to use program and works every time.

That is it, once you change your Volume ID and you open your MultiCharts it will reset automatically.

You want to confirm, just re change your Volume ID back to what it was, and you will get expired or will show how many days left as before.

Hi Bucast I need help i have nothing when I start VolumeID

Edit : copy file in C:\Windows\System32 start cmd.exe whrite volumeid and change it

Download and use this freeware to change you volumeID (must run as administrator, this could be your problem);

http://www.xboxharddrive.com/freeware.html

If still does not work, disable your antivirus and firewall temporarily till you do.

there is an emulator floating around for this. i unpacked a while ago but i deleted it since i dont use this software.

i dont remember who i unpacked it for but maybe they will be gracious enough to share.

It is only for version 8.0

This method works for any version including the latest one till they change how they check the trial.

http://rghost.net/8Td7cl2Qp

try this.. i dont expect this patch to stop all limitations because i dont know what they are but it is a work in progress.

add the hosts to your hosts file and replace the dll and let me know

ps i would rather do this in private so if someone who is familiar with this software please PM me.. thanks

pss... how do i load mt4 data into this? :)

Edited by candyman

there is an emulator floating around for this. i unpacked a while ago but i deleted it since i dont use this software.

i don't remember who i unpacked it for but maybe they will be gracious enough to share.

I found it...I think you educated it a while ago, I forgot about it myself. Should be working.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/i89mxz

Candyman: I Have the same issue as Bucast ; I run emulator as Admin but MC9 can not connect stays with Yellow status (MUST BE GREEN to work)

In the past MC8 was fixed with with emulator + tsserver.exe file; so in this case maybe we need the additional file tsserver.exe , or What is wrong?

Please help

Thanks

Edited by robertwh