Multicharts

FFRT

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you run emulator, and make sure your "hosts" file contains the lines as shown in instructions - it should work, it does for me. When I connected the first time my light in the lower left was also yellow, but I proceeded with login and past that every time it's green now.

If you run emulator, and make sure your "hosts" file contains the lines as shown in instructions - it should work, it does for me. When I connected the first time my light in the lower left was also yellow, but I proceeded with login and past that every time it's green now.

wcicom, do you have any other specific instructions for the emulator. I am running the file from the desktop. I keep getting an error message 'Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. Check server port in not in use.' I checked port 80 and it is okay.

I did make the changes to the Hosts file. What do i do with the other two files in the folder?

Edited by casper44

wcicom, do you have any other specific instructions for the emulator. I am running the file from the desktop. I keep getting an error message 'Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. Check server port in not in use.' I checked port 80 and it is okay.

I did make the changes to the Hosts file. What do i do with the other two files in the folder?

If you have any virtual machine such as vmware you have to uninstall it and then it works

If you have any virtual machine such as vmware you have to uninstall it and then it works

Thanks Bend, that helped to get the emu working...I can start and stop it now, no errors. Start EMU and start MC, still comes asks for registration info and that trail is over. Anything else I'm missing? BTW, installed the latest MC Version: 9.0.10759. Cannot locate 8.7.

Edited by casper44

I tried using the emulator in post #390 using multicharts 8.8 x32.

Connection to digital rights management system cannot be established comes upon startup.

I've started the emulator first and then MC.

Still have the yellow light - The hosts file is edited as explained.

Help about - still shows evaluation version. My fake credentials aren't saved.

Ok this is how I got it (candyman's files) to work with expired MC9. Some of what i did may be superfluous.

1) Copy the files to C:\licEMU directory. Run mc85.pfx and press next to everything EXCEPT for when it asks for PW then enter 123 and then next for everything after.

2) Hosts file. I changed 8.7 to 8.8 using notepad to open then copied hosts file to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and in 64 Bit W7 also to C:\windows\sysWOW64. If you are already using the hosts file you copy the text lines below existing text.

3)Run Lic and press start- and then start MC and see green connection - I left in evaluation mode rather than trying to enter registration name as could be specific- seems OK.

HTH. With thanks to candyman for posting. If your extended trial indicates the program is good think seriously about buying it.

Edited by Runereader

Great advice by Runereader.

The import of the mc85.pfx was the step that I was missing as I didn't know the password.

The emulator works as promised.

Tested with multicharts 8.8 x32 on Windows 7 SP1 x64. I finally have a green light on the bottom

dashboard. Now to try out the addons :)

Thanks again for making my life easier.

The username for registration is :

username: user

password: 123

This info is present inside the emulator exe. So there is no harm in using these details.

Edited by chullankallan

Great advice by Runereader.

The import of the mc85.pfx was the step that I was missing as I didn't know the password.

The emulator works as promised.

Tested with multicharts 8.8 x32 on Windows 7 SP1 x64. I finally have a green light on the bottom

dashboard. Now to try out the addons :)

Thanks again for making my life easier.

The username for registration is :

username: user

password: 123

This info is present inside the emulator exe. So there is no harm in using these details.

Thank you again

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...