Pip Accumulator

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marchello,

I'm not sure what you're agreeing with...and you never answered my question directly either lol, though I suspect that your trades weren't from Pip Accumulator signals (which is what this thread is all about).

Many traders (and those earlier on in their learning cycle in particular) need something relatively solid to rely on when making their entries as they haven't spent years building up knowledge of trendlines, S/R, divergence, 1-2-3 setups etc. which are all hallmarks of the type of trading you're doing. This is totally discretionary trading and your comment "Time to maybe reverse?" says it all lol. You may know if it's time to reverse, but who else does?

The Pip Accumulator is a system which gives you a clear "heads up" as to where price might want to go to next with the arrows, then the probability calculation gives you the confidence to enter the trade. Sure, any system like this can benefit from a multitude of discretional trading skill, though at the moment it's still very early days and we're still trying to establish if the system will give consistently good signals, and also under what conditions we can confidently take those signals.

You said:

Now.. IMHO .. what is wrong for team to take entries and study them against any system they are trading ..?

Well, that's one way of looking at things...

As we're trying to concentrate on Pip Accumulator style trading here, then it makes sense that we make our entries using the signals from the system and then decide how to make them better (by changing MM, adding the odd indicator or whatever) - and we can measure this effectively.

Entering trades from all sorts of random systems and then trying to compare them to Pip Accumulator signals achieves nothing, it just confuses people even more - now there are two major variables each containing lots of sub-variables - at any given time which system is "right"?

I'm impressed with your trading results so far on whatever system you're trading and you're a prolific poster and great contributor to the forum, however I think that now's the time to set out your own threads. I say threads because I think you need more than one:

1. Marchello's Live trading Journal

2. Marchello Trading System discussion

3. Marchello's Trading Thoughts and Philosophy

The live journal should be restricted to trade calls from your system. If you can produce the same results as you have recently then folks will be flocking around there like bees around a honey pot :)

The trading discussion thread should in the first post give a clear explanation of how you are trading so that others can follow and learn. Provided this is clear, you won't need to worry about being bombarded with pm's - that's assuming you're consistently reaping plenty of green pips in the live trades journal ;)

The final thread you can use as a general "sounding board" and everyone can join in with their thoughts on anything connected with trading.

Marchello, I try to stay out of this kind of thing but sometimes I have to jump in.

No offense intended.. but..

Entries are only the half of it.

It's the exits that determine profit or loss. You don't have anything until you exit.

If you don't know where to exit your entry is kaka.

(Kaka is American slang for poopoo)

Absolutely agree ..

Now.. IMHO .. what is wrong for team to take entries and study them against any system they are trading ..?

Bottom line to to any tailored 'trading suit' is entry // all else would become part of the trading

diplomacy for [profitability .. character .. humanities.. etc etc ..

In MHO ..

Entry is key to what ever system is used .. period ..

Charts just become Picasso's of confusion

Good trading wishes

Edited by conglo

thank you " soundfx"

You sure disapeared for a very long time..

:)

Live

who ever is here ..

Come first ..

http://mmfxpro.inetcommunicator.net/

name is your Indo nic

Password > indo

You need Java installed

Good trading wishes

I might even leave room completely ..

Warm hugs ..

Guys,

Tonight was a good example of how we can use MACD 24,52,18 as extra confirmation for our trading entries.

I would have been very wary about taking a long after the most recent green arrow, however there were around 20 pips to be taken from the 5m chart with good confirmation from the MACD histogram crossover.

We can't always rely on these crossovers and only trade them instead of the histogram/signal crossovers (which give rise to the arrows), because sometimes the signals are far too late, though on occasion you may find it handy to have that MACD up on the chart:

http://i56.tinypic.com/sdd1k5.jpg

Guys,

Tonight was a good example of how we can use MACD 24,52,18 as extra confirmation for our trading entries.

I would have been very wary about taking a long after the most recent green arrow, however there were around 20 pips to be taken from the 5m chart with good confirmation from the MACD histogram crossover.

We can't always rely on these crossovers and only trade them instead of the histogram/signal crossovers (which give rise to the arrows), because sometimes the signals are far too late, though on occasion you may find it handy to have that MACD up on the chart:

i still prefer skipping asian (at least i sleep in that time - except last one :) )

took gold's trade, and trying to improve R:R, waiting for a pullback and fractal's resistance, limit was hit in two bars

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Jing/media/47ab7654-afa4-496c-a3de-392fd673392c/2011-08-23_0947.png

btw, the probabiltity indi was bellow -20 on all TFs M1 to H60...

so, good move missed, trailing stops via fractals, or last candle high... would drive in a good moves

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Jing/media/45e22105-0692-47a4-ab84-6e896889d4b9/2011-08-23_1015.png

Edited by musketeer

Please share the indicator at the bottom of the image.

Thanks

i still prefer skipping asian (at least i sleep in that time - except last one :) )

took gold's trade, and trying to improve R:R, waiting for a pullback and fractal's resistance, limit was hit in two bars

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Jing/media/47ab7654-afa4-496c-a3de-392fd673392c/2011-08-23_0947.png

so, good move missed, trailing stops via fractals, or last candle high... would drive in a good moves

http://content.screencast.com/users/myonlinecont/folders/Jing/media/45e22105-0692-47a4-ab84-6e896889d4b9/2011-08-23_1015.png

Waited n Waited n Waited...

Finally paid off. i waited 4 the euro news to be over and a sell signal in e/u and eu/jp 5 min tf... took the trade but going no where... checked FF their is no usa news just after usa mkt open, so i carried the trade in usa open.... discipline and patience paid off and today i was not greedy also... $640 :)

Check out my trades: http://www.multiupload.com/JKILRPV5KC

Thanks but how come when you sell there's no red box and red arrow?

Waited n Waited n Waited...

Finally paid off. i waited 4 the euro news to be over and a sell signal in e/u and eu/jp 5 min tf... took the trade but going no where... checked FF their is no usa news just after usa mkt open, so i carried the trade in usa open.... discipline and patience paid off and today i was not greedy also... $640 :)

Check out my trades: http://www.multiupload.com/JKILRPV5KC

hi, can you tell me what TRading managing system you are using to mage your trades and maybe share?

thanks a lot

jamestan1978,

I think we cannot wAit till more than 20 or less than -20 cos it be too late by then?

One thing I've learned in trading is that there are only a handful (normally 1 or 2) good trading opportunities a day and all the rest is essentially "noise" where you'll get chopped to bits if you're not careful.

Waiting for moves which give probability > 20 or < -20 ensures that momentum is strong and the odds are that you've caught a big move which will continue for many 10's of pips.

That doesn't mean to say that you can't experiment in demo which is also what this thread is about. Try entering trades on different probability levels and see how you get on. Try to keep a note of all your trades and probability readings at the time of entry in a spreadsheet and then you'll be able to properly analyse your findings.

hi, can you tell me what TRading managing system you are using to mage your trades and maybe share?

thanks a lot

am not sure that got your question correctly, but that trade was base on the thread's topic, only added fractal's S/R and experimenting with the waiting for a pullback before entering to may improve R:R ratio

on that particular trade instead going short after the signal candle (red arrow) i did wait for a pullback to fractal's S/R formed, so instead shorting from 1899.33 the entry is from 1900.80 and potential SL 1906

the target was previous box low, hit in 3 bars

i was not in front of the pc, at least target should be green dots (fractal's S/R)

finally, it miss big move, proper trailing stop would increase the overall profitability of

jamestan1978,

One thing I've learned in trading is that there are only a handful (normally 1 or 2) good trading opportunities a day and all the rest is essentially "noise" where you'll get chopped to bits if you're not careful.

Waiting for moves which give probability > 20 or < -20 ensures that momentum is strong and the odds are that you've caught a big move which will continue for many 10's of pips.

That doesn't mean to say that you can't experiment in demo which is also what this thread is about. Try entering trades on different probability levels and see how you get on. Try to keep a note of all your trades and probability readings at the time of entry in a spreadsheet and then you'll be able to properly analyse your findings.

Agree with you, getting few good trades it is enough. More trading, more probability of losses.

Also, many pairs and commodities here :) You may pick what you like.

@jamestan1978 - lower the TF if you wish, but wait for -20 +20...