Pip Accumulator

rick,

The original system is posted in post #1 and the most recent version of the slightly modified indicator which I created is in post #96:

http://www.multiupload.com/P9VO5BSVS7

We've ensured that the modified version ties in with the original (thanks to conglo), and all it does currently is give you a bit move flexibility on what you see on your chart.

The entry rules remain the same:

Buy: When up arrow has appeared (or small up box on original version) and when probability is showing > 20.

Sell: When down arrow has appeared (or small down box on original version) and when probability is showing < -20.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Guys i am back.... i was bussy in the preparation and celebration of my daughters 1st bday... i missed all the imp action goin on in here... i ll try to catch up...

@ soundfx. thanks 4 doing a great job

@ wanrayman. hey man u r doing great with this system

Edited by psaini1973

Hello Guys i am back.... i was bussy in the preparation and celebration of my daughters 1st bday... i missed all the imp action goin on in here... i ll try to catch up...

hihihhi thanks!! and happy belated birthday to your daughter~ i'm expecting my second this november~

Hai psaini1973, congrats and convey my greetings to your little daughter, may god bless her,

dheena

Hi Alansim,

From what I've seen of the signals so far, they're very good. So I'll certainly be monitoring the arrows and probability as part of my live trading (where I'll normally be trading EURUSD 15m). For example, if I see a scenario where I'd normally be thinking of going Long and we've recently had a green arrow and probability is >20 then I'll definitely take that trade.

In addition, I'd like to see how the system performs on it's own in demo forward testing on the 5m. There will be false signals from time to time as with any system - what we need to do is try trading the system in different ways and see which performs best...

1. Use fixed stop/target.

2. Use target = stop and stop a few pips below/above bottom/top of last box.

3. Use target = 2*stop and stop a few pips below/above bottom/top of last box.

4. Try taking signals from timeframes other than 5m.

5. Try trading pairs other than EURUSD and GBPUSD.

It may be that the probability number will give us clues of trades which are potentially turning sour and enable us to get out of bad ones a lot quicker than waiting for the stop to be hit, or to exit trades early before the target and still gain a decent amount of pips.

The other thing we could consider is checking the signals against some of our favourite indicators. There may be cases where the signals are highly likely to succeed when backed up by another indicator.

Guys,

I've just checked the exit rules from the original system again and it would be handy if someone forward tested according to these too.

They recommend trading 2 positions (each with the same lot size).

Buy Trades

Stop1 = 10-20 pips below bottom of large box just closed.

Target1 = Immediate swing high (around top of large box just closed)

Stop2 = Current Price - ATR

Target2 = Current Price + 2*ATR

Exit both trades if a small red box/arrow is seen

Exit both trades if probability is <= 0

Sell Trades

Stop1 = 10-20 pips above top of large box just closed.

Target1 = Immediate swing low (around bottom of large box just closed)

Stop2 = Current Price + ATR

Target2 = Current Price - 2*ATR

Exit both trades if a small green box/arrow is seen

Exit both trades if probability is >=0

Edited by soundfx

Bug..

A SELL arrow appeared on the GU H1 chart so I decided to mark it with a vertical line to see what would happen.

On the next tick the line vanished. Tried it a few more times same result.

I tried marking it with an arrow, same result.

So something is causing user-placed objects to .. disappear!

Hi conglo,

I was being a bit "cavalier" in my approach to deleting objects :)

This version should contain a fix for your problem - try it and see:

http://www.multiupload.com/TG28ABQNV5

This version also includes options for alerts...

Either set AlertArrow or AlertArrowProb to true to activate the alert.

AlertArrow will alert as soon as a new arrow is drawn regardless of probability.

AlertArrowProb will alert as soon as a probability is >20 or < -20 after an arrow is drawn.

As a general trading note, because this system is essentially momentum driven, then I'd expect signals to be best in the main UK and UK/US sessions.

Edited by soundfx

Thank you!

Hi conglo,

AlertArrow will alert as soon as a new arrow is drawn regardless of probability.

AlertArrowProb will alert as soon as a probability is >20 or -20 after an arrow is drawn.

AlertArrowProb will alert as soon as a probability is >20 or < -20 after an arrow is drawn.

As a general trading note, because this system is essentially momentum driven, then I'd expect signals to be best in the main UK and UK/US sessions.

Tremendous effort SOUNDFX. Now that ordinary stuff becoming more powerful sophisticated advanced H.G. Indicator !!!!!

Thanks for great sharing.

Hello Soundfx.. thanks 4 all the hard work u doing... i have some recommendations .. pls take into consideration..

1) Their shld be a clock running along the candle showing the time left in closing of the candle...

2) As this system is slowing the most of the pc or laptop, you have also included the no. of bars.. presently it is 1000.. i am thinking it to reduce to say 300.. would this speed up the pc a bit and more imp. would it also effect the accuracy of the system i.e why the no. of bar is 1000... Thanks

Hi psaini1973,

No probs :) Thanks for the suggestions.

1) I agree, this is an essential trading tool. There's often a lot of action when candles are about to close. I just use a separate indicator for this called "barclock modified", here it is:

http://www.multiupload.com/3A1VUDFJDJ

2) II_PipAccumulator shouldn't slow your system down at all. The reason the original indicator took ages to load is because it went back calculating boxes for as many bars as there were in the history. 1,000 bars isn't much at all - I left it as 1,000 because sometimes I like to scroll back and see what has happened in the past few days, on the 5m chart we get 288 candles per day, so by restricting the view to 300 you'd only see the past 24 hours. You can change the parameter to whatever you want. If you want to look at more signals going back in time, just change it to 10,000.

The number of bars has nothing to do with accuracy, it just denotes how many bars we read back before we start drawing boxes and arrows on the chart, up to the current bar.

Actually i am using ur modified indi. from today only along with the original ver. i will now delete the original ver. to speed up my pc...

By the way i have a buy in eur/usd at 1.4392.. went up 20 pips , came down a bit.. i have a SL at BE now.. let c wat happens....

Thank You soundfx.

Edit Post: i deleted the original ver. and using only soundfx ver. now my pc is back to original speed... such a relief.... :)

Edited by psaini1973

Looking good guys :)

I was watching the indicator in the Asian session and although there were some small pips to be made, there were false signals too on the 5m. All the best opps. seem to appear between 7am GMT and 3-4pm GMT.

agree.. since it is aka trend following... they will be the cases when the asian's will start it, it happens many times, but better london and NY

btw, it spare fake shorts this morning on eu... definitely am starting to like it :) for the time being it catch perfectly the top (by 2 pips) using ATR*2, that would not be every time tho

needs smart TS on part of the position. No sense turn in a lost a winning one

also, using price action (but that changes the clear rules...) looking the dodji, and rising Probablity Histo, one may open long earlier, heading to lower SL (bellow last low). just thoughts...

Edited by musketeer

Hello. i only trade only from London opening... and i am trading only 5 min. i c 15 min only to confirm if the momentum is still valid in the direction or not.... right now in buy eur/usd trade +150 $.. made high of $280.. but got greedy and didnt close.. let c where it goes

sure Psaini

I just track it on 15m, after closing positions, pls, publish the screen shot of the trades

on 5 mins(switching charts), it gets earlier signal for a lot more pips...

sure Psaini

I just track it on 15m, after closing positions, pls, publish the screen shot of the trades

on 5 mins(switching charts), it gets earlier signal for a lot more pips...

Sure i will share... i am facing a prob when ever i try to save the trade account historyin my MT4 it is saved in HTML format and not in jpg format etc so that i can share it like a pic or something.. the main chart is saved in jpg format but not this...it may sound silly to most of the people but i have been unable to do so ... infact i never needed this function until now... pls help.. thanks