usd basket

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm demoing on FigFx and MasterForex too but on M30 instead of H1

Please Caution: Figfx is a scam broker(perhaps)????!!!! i have tested Live account at that time with fx Genius and trades acts more secounds( before closed)!

----------------------------------------------------

I have orginal update Settings (6 hrs.)from usd Basket and now delta 400 and M30!

Masterforex: Profit from 14 dollars- closed trades

Fxclearing: -1 dollars- open trades usdchf, nzdusd, audusd, usdjpy

Instatrader: 0 dollars- open trades audusd usdjpy

Rvmarkets(usd basket old version): 0 dollars - open trades audusd and usdjpy

Activtrades::0 dollars- open trades gbpusd and eurusd

Edited by anzeigenmichel

Please Caution: Figfx is a scam broker(perhaps)????!!!! i have tested Live account at that time with fx Genius and trades acts more secounds!

----------------------------------------------------

Yepp... FigFx closed my account for making too much profits in a week :P

Now i only use them for testing eas :)

just started trading it on instaforex. i followed the instructions and let the ea update for 5 mins while i had disabled the "enable live trading." it has opened 13 sell EU positions in very quick succession and i have had to disable expert advisors to stop it from entering more sell trades. is it normal that it would open so many sell trades in one currency pair? here's the screen shot

http://depositfiles.com/files/m96ncnhem

I'm using it only for couple of days but I dont think it is normal. On my Fxpro demo account it can open many trades but on 4-6different pairs. BTW results so far are very nice - thx to 50pips for share.

The profit taking is based upon the Take_Profitt setting * Margin, so depending on the leverage and lot size you've selected your results will vary.

Mine is on an IBFX demo and has just been sitting like a lump. I tweaked the TP, maybe something will happen.

If anyone is having success, it would be appreciated if you would share your account leverage, lot size and TP settings.

Thanks.

dudulalah just looked at your pic. I cant tell anything from your screen shot. You have many pairs open i see. I hope these arent all for this EA as it only goes on 1 pair..USDJPY 1hr. Please take another screen shot with the chart that has the EA running..i need to see the values..although it might be too late now to see what happened as the values will be different now as to when u ran it for the 1st time.

It opens trades and does nothing. There may be an open profit but it closes no trades. It slides back into a floating loss.

A lump. Meaning like a big lump on your stomach; you ate too much or whatever. I think it may be a Yiddish expression, whatever, I just like it.

"OY! WHAT A LUMP IS THIS THING! IT DOES NOTHING! SO, TELL ME, FOR WHAT GOOD IS IT??!! AT LEAST MAYBE I COULD MOVE MY BOWELS??!!"

You get the idea.

Here's a pic: http://www.multiupload.com/Q50WJ917UP

Again, I suspect it's the setting relative to leverage and lot size, but am not sure.

conglo u said its sitting like a lump..what do u mean.has it taken any trades or u have some trades open and none closed yet for profit. Please send pic
Edited by conglo

your settings look fine and the values are good..Leave it running and you should see it take profits soon. This can happen as it seems to go in cycles..There are periods were there are lots of profits then "Lump" days were there is nothing but DD and many trades open. Your DD shouldn't go to bad as long as you dont over capitalize in lot sizes. It will snap back eventually just have patience!!

Mine hasnt closed any profits this week yet with delta 400 but i only now have 2 groups opened..ie 4 trades. I just looked now and i have a $330 DD with 0.5 lots on a 10K account. Margin is 200-1 and delta is 400 for extra security..But i have run it now for last 3 months on 300 delta and it always snaps back.

Hang in there you will see..If u are getting uncomfortable then change delta to higher..350 or more for less trades.

Delta value is also diff from the brokers' to broker. I am running exact same settings on both, forex.com and Oanda and value are not the same, thus, it opens positions at a different times. I have leverage on both account @ 50:1

Here are my settings:

Lot size based on my leverage (50:1) I set 0.01 lots per every $500.00. (0.02 per $1000.00 or 0.1 per $ 5000.00).

TP: I set TP = 0.05 (from what I can tell, account balance * 0.05 is good target per each cycle). I am not sure if my current setting is the best for this, but I am monitoring the trade and will adjust if need.

I am running this live on both accounts and both account closed with profit.

Delta: I set it at 350. (I started with 300. At 300, it opened too many orders at undesirable times, so I've changed to 400. Then, it didn't open many trade. So, I've changed it to 350 and it seems to work for me so far. All these were checked in Demo and now this settings is on live account)

MaxTrade: I set this at 8. I set this 8 since my margin leverage is only 50:1. So, 8 total orders is what I feel comfortable for my margin usage. If I have higher margin leverage, I could go more, but for me, this is what I am using.

TF: 1 hr TF. I've used on 30 min TF and now back to 1hr. (I am checking lower TF on demo with different settings, but for live, I am running it on 1 hr TF per 50pips suggestion)

Drawdown: DD weren't too bad. It's been only 2 days since start running it on live (Monday and Tuesday... Today is the 3rd day) and I saw highest DD @ about 3% of total balance. ** I am not sure how high it went or didn't when I am not monitoring, but this is what I saw.

Edited by fx4_ever

50pips,

Do you think lower lot size + higher maxTrade will produced profit quicker vs higher log size + less maxTrade ?

I am running test on 2 demo account with

Account a) LotSize = 0.01 and MaxTrade = 20 vs

Account b) Lot Size = 0.02 + MaxTrade = 8

Account a opened 12 trade and close with profit and Account b still in DD with 8 open position. I know it has a lot to do with delta settles and how and when we'll have more open positions. It's balancing act, I know. But, I am not sure if this is just one of those occasion where 1 settings seem profitable or not. Just would like your opinion on this. Thanks,

Thanks to all for your comments.

MY IBFX is 50:1 and trading .01 lots. Nothing was closing.

I changed the TP from .3 to .01, now it's closing some trades.

It's as simple as multiplying your open margin by your TP figure and determining if it's reasonable.

Hi:

Can you clerify if it is by open margin by TP figure? or it's based on Available AccountMargin by TP figure?

Code is read as below and I want to make sure I am calculating the TP rate correctly.

If my account shows: margin used = 1666.46, Free Margin = 9932.64, how the calulation for TP works?

Code that I see is like this:

if (AccountProfit()>(AccountMargin()*Take_Profitt))Close_All=true;

Edited by fx4_ever

If you look at the bottom of the Terminal page on MT there is "Margin" and "Free margin".

The EA is using the "Margin" amount. This is what I meant by ""open margin".

Mine is off and running now..

Hi:

Can you clerify if it is by open margin by TP figure? or it's based on AccountMargin by TP figure?

Code is read as below and I want to make sure I am calculating the TP rate correctly.

if (AccountProfit()>(AccountMargin()*Take_Profitt))Close_All=true;

If you look at the bottom of the Terminal page on MT there is "Margin" and "Free margin".

The EA is using the "Margin" amount. This is what I meant by ""open margin".

Mine is off and running now..

So, based on your explanation, if my TP = 0.3,

If my account shows: margin used = 1666.46, Free Margin = 9932.64, how the calulation for TP works?

how the EA will close? When total net gain = 4499.93? (1666.46 x 0.3 ) It sounds right to me, but want to make darn sure. :)

Thanks,

So, based on your explanation, if my TP = 0.3,

how the EA will close? When total net gain = 4499.93? (1666.46 x 0.3 ) It sounds right to me, but want to make darn sure. :)

Thanks,

do you mean $499.99?

1666.46 x .3

then yes that sounds right

looking at the possibilities makes for an exciting time tweaking the settings. a smaller TP and increased lot sizes might mean trades get closed out much faster and then unto another cycle...smaller lot sizes and increased TP might leave open profits on the table for much longer

Yes, you are correct. It's balancing act all together, especially in 'basket' type trading. TP = 0.3 took too long for my trading style, so I was using 0.05 (not knowing it was based on margin used x tp rate). So, now I know, I am changing it to 0.1

Today, it close 3 x already (tp = 0.05).

Guest dudulalah
can anybody please tell how the ea determines which pairs to trade and when and what direction? not that it matters so much but it'll be nice to think along with the robot. thnx