KangarooEA

maybe his VPS went south after those trades were taken leaving some open orders or something...

Its not VPS issue dude . There were 3 set of full SL's and you can find them in Tulips published accounts as well.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX/kangaroo-ibfx/93959 (last 2 EU )

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX/kangarooea-fxopen/93715 (1 AU + 1 EU)

It was quite unfortunate but Birt's account had to take all the 3 SLs . Broker price feed differences might be the reason why it was not triggered for you, but just keep in mind that this will not work always in your advantage .

3 SLs did not halve his account. It is in -14% DD, which is no way a blown

And you had to pay them 6 months subscription fees to get your account down by 14% . Now pay 2 more months subscription to take the account back to the initial or starting 'level' .

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jayman007

the reason why folks are SOO quick to come bash Kangaroo is due to the arrogant stance of the developers. When you force customers to prove that your EA is loser to get their refunds then this immediately puts folks out to show that. I paid the $200 for the EA. Then 2 months of sub fees to give it a good test. I didn't like they way it traded. I tried to get a refund but was REFUSED. Their 60 day guarantee is a bunch of BS. Unless you can prove the EA caused you losses then you are SOL. So now that the EA has caused losses it's no surprise that many will jump out and say SEE, LOSSES!

Tulip brought this on themselves by being such tight asses with their customers. I have no pity on them for all the negative publicity they have brought on themselves. If you don't wanna be fair with your customers then they are not going to stand up in your defense when things go wrong (and they always do). AFAIK, all the positive comments about this EA come from the devopment team that is hiding behind fake names and REFUSE to come clean with the forums that they are selling this ea and NOT just customers.

Look at Steady Winner and Ming for an example of what it means to disclose your involvement to your customers. We all know that many senior members here in this forum are part of Tulip but NONE of them have the balls to stand up and admit it.

So if folks want to come and bash your work, you have brought this on with your arrogance. As far as I'm concerned, the Tulip team is NOT to be trusted nor believed.

AFAIK, all the positive comments about this EA come from the devopment team that is hiding behind fake names

If you mean this seriously, then I'm sorry to say you're a psycho. I'm just a normal trader who has taken benefit trading the system, with the only exception of that SL... I'm certainly not crying because I lost 10%, I've seen much much worse happen to my accounts.

What amazes me is that you've probably been waiting 5 or 6 months (that's the time it took to go into DD) not because you dislike the EA, but because you think their refund policy is a shitty deal. Well guess what, their refund policy may be shitty regardless of EAs losses or profits. You don't have to wait until it loses to bash it, that's a very erratic behaviour. Btw if you ask me, I also think their refund policy is absurd, I can see people witness the EA operate in grids and disliking it (grids can bring some serious havoc, much like martingale, if not managed properly) - that might be a good reason alone to ask for your money back, i.e. not liking the EAs logic. But please don't tell me you didn't know in advance, everything was clearly stated in their website: once you buy a product you're bound to their particular refund policy as well (if you like it or not), nothing was kept secret.

Now if you say the EA is a piece of **** because you dislike how it trades, it is acceptable, but to come here and wait for a loss to tell everyone that the developers are crooks, is mumbo-jumbo nonsense.

Anyway, I'm sure the EA will strike back and give me lots of good profits, if not I'll be the first to cancel my subscription. See you in another 5/6 months, when the next SL occurs, to tell the world how nasty the developers are...

Actually I am looking forward for the author announcement on this.

They've already acknowledged what happened in an email to subscribers:

Wow, what a week we've had...the markets were definitely not kind to Kangaroo compared to recent times. This week was packed with lots of uncertainty, nervosity and panic in the markets which resulted in higher than usual volatility...we're all seen it in our charts this week.

We're truly sorry Kangaroo did hit a SL today on EURUSD. It was bound to happen sometime, with no SLs whatsoever since over 8 months of trading, but it's always a shock when a SL does hit.

We've received alot of emails regarding this, and we noticed the tone of voice was remarkably supportive and understanding. Thank you. Thank you.

This gives us renewed energy and empowerment to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and go at it.

Because....the Roo will fight back, stronger than ever...!

First, some background on the EURUSD trade: Kangaroo was programmed to trade as it did today. Notice how we got only a few pips from TP before the EURUSD pair reversed and never looked back. Kangaroo is coded to continue its effort to recover by opening new trades, even when news is coming up or rolled over into a non-trading day (Fridays).

However, when price drops too fast...it won't open new trades and might hit SL before it had a chance to deploy all three trades. This happened on some brokers. Most of us got the max three trades however. Kangaroo did not run out of control...the markets did. And that's was an unfortunate but inevitable happening.

Regarding this logic, we (and some of you) came up with a great idea regarding this very -unlucky- issue. See below.

Here's what's in the pipeline:

1. KangarooEA v6.2:

New newstrading logic: when trades are open and a flagged news item comes up, Kangaroo will seek to close the trades at BE or small loss. We'll have to test and play with settings (when to choose to close at loss/BE or not, etc) but we feel this might be an excellent weapon against losses such as today. Some of you wrote us with similar solutions, and we wish to greatly thank you for that.

Option to hide SL and TP: as you know by now, we don't trust brokers. And in some of the reports we've received, we notice some brokers might have been 'messing around' with the trades. When they can't see SL and TP...we'll make it harder for them to do so.

Improved logic in the way Kangaroo opens subsequent trades. We do like the current trade logic, but we might be able to improve it even more with some ideas we have.

2. Gold members forum:

The new forum is setup and almost ready to go. Here you can find anwers to all your questions or post new ones. We hope this will free up more time for us to focus on new development and improvements of trading. Moreover, we can share ideas there and make things better and more efficient...for all of us.

We're also preparing a blogpost with our conclusions about brokers. All your emails and reports have been instrumental in our research and we've reached preliminary conclusions on which brokers Kangaroo will trade optimal. If you have not send in any reports and/or broker info, please do so. It might help us affirming our -preliminary- conclusions.

Thanks again for the supportive words...and trust me when I say the SLs of the last couple of days have hit us hard. But we're keeping the fighting spirit and we all will emerge stronger and better.

Until next time, and be safe out there during these turbulent times...!

Ozzie, Dutch & The TulipFX Team

Edited by markwilson

Guest Jayman007
If you mean this seriously, then I'm sorry to say you're a psycho. I'm just a normal trader who has taken benefit trading the system, with the only exception of that SL... I'm certainly not crying because I lost 10%, I've seen much much worse happen to my accounts.

What amazes me is that you've probably been waiting 5 or 6 months (that's the time it took to go into DD) not because you dislike the EA, but because you think their refund policy is a shitty deal. Well guess what, their refund policy may be shitty regardless of EAs losses or profits. You don't have to wait until it loses to bash it, that's a very erratic behaviour. Btw if you ask me, I also think their refund policy is absurd, I can see people witness the EA operate in grids and disliking it (grids can bring some serious havoc, much like martingale, if not managed properly) - that might be a good reason alone to ask for your money back, i.e. not liking the EAs logic. But please don't tell me you didn't know in advance, everything was clearly stated in their website: once you buy a product you're bound to their particular refund policy as well (if you like it or not), nothing was kept secret.

Now if you say the EA is a piece of **** because you dislike how it trades, it is acceptable, but to come here and wait for a loss to tell everyone that the developers are crooks, is mumbo-jumbo nonsense.

Anyway, I'm sure the EA will strike back and give me lots of good profits, if not I'll be the first to cancel my subscription. See you in another 5/6 months, when the next SL occurs, to tell the world how nasty the developers are...

I didn't wait for it to lose to bash it. I have been bashing from the start. I asked for refund and not only did they refuse me but they canceled my membership while my payment was still active. That's right, I was paid up and they suspended my account. So forgive me if I feel a bit slighted by this ea and it's sellers.

I asked for refund and not only did they refuse me but they canceled my membership while my payment was still active.

That's very unfair, without a doubt. And the only good refund policy is a "no ask" one.

Well, let's see how the EA performs now on, again, one SL in half a year is crazy good for me, even if the losses can hit you hard.

Guest Jayman007
I thought the author will give some kind of compensation for example free subscription for one or two months.

LOL.. free is not in the vocabulary of these ppl. Even if you want to run or more than one live or demo you must pay. My subscription was canceled mid cycle as they claimed that I was violating the terms by copying the trades to my own account. Ok whatever. Paypal just gave me the money back today after Plimus and Tulip refused. In the end justice will be found.

Guest Jayman007
Cool .. Great to know that Jay :)

It's been a major fight. Tulip refused me and canceled my subscription mid term. Plimus refused me saying that Tulip provided them some evidence that has never been released to me. Paypal just today decided in my favor on some of the fees. I will be taking this to AMEX next.

Let it be known that even though Tulip claims 60 day that means jack-squat. Plimus has a 30 day policy and after that they make things difficult. Even paypal doesn't like to look at things after 30 days. MAKE sure that you always use a reputable credit card like AMEX as the end payment so that you can always go back to them in the end. I can't tell you how easy this all would have been sorted if Tulip would have just given me a refund from the beginning.

Let this be a lesson to all reading... READ THE FINE PRINT and NEVER just assume that they won't stick to their terms. They can change them anytime and cancel your membership anytime they want. It's in their terms. Some will say "well every vendor says that" and that might be. But I experienced them doing it to me. They just canceled me while my license was still valid. The only saving grace was that I was not able to run the EA for the large losses it took. So I guess that every cloud does have a silver lining.

The stop loss wasn't hit in 8 months due to it's enormous size. No further comments :|

Can you please name another EA that averages one SL every other 8 months or so?

I'd be glad to cancel my Tulip subscription and join them any day, starting from now. Thanks.

Edited by stop_lo$$

Guest Jayman007

All these.. "just cancel with plimus" or "just call you bank" comments are not accurate at all.

1st step is to contact the Vendor for a refund (Tulip)

2nd Step is to contact the merchant (Plimus) for a refund

3rd Step is to contact the payment method you used to pay Plimus (paypal or whatever)

4th Step is to contact the payment method for Paypal (if used)

For me step 1 and 2 refused me. Paypal was step 3 and they accepted and refunded some fo the transactions that were not over 30+ days. The next step would be for me to contact my CC that I used to pay with paypal to dispute the reamining charges. If you used a bank account to fund then even calling your bank won't get you very far as you are the one to attach you bank account to Paypal and you are the one to authorize the transaction. Bank accounts don't offer much in protection as CC do.

Can you suggest a good EA that can help me with my trade. I am new in the forex trading business and any suggestion will certainly help me. Thanks in advance.

http://imagicon.info/cat/3-4/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-8/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-5/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-1/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-6/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-2/1.gifhttp://imagicon.info/cat/3-3/1.gif

Guest Jayman007

Thanks for the post but this is nothing new. I have been saying that Stormin is part of the Tulip team for some time now. It was no coincidence that I was banned from this forum (by Norman) at the same time that Tulip was suspending my license. Although Norman denies that had anything to do with it, I'm nearly certain the 2 were related. It's the dishonesty of this team that has me question any positive reviews I read about this EA on ANY forum as being from the development team. I'm sure there are some true customers that like this ea but my guess is the ones that you see stand up for this **** are the development team trying to maintain their sales.

Take it FWIW. I'm sure there are some good merits to this ea but after dealing with tulip I want to be as far away as possible from them and their EA. My attitude might have been completely different if they had just approved my refund request from the beginning. Once they denied me then my attitude towards them definitely changed for the worse. Then after they canceled my paid license and started saying I was trying to steel and hack there stuff they turned my attitude to that of hatred. Not what you want to do to your customers.

Oh well.. there is full disclosure as to where I'm coming from on this.

Guest Jayman007

Jayman007 was banned. He himself (norman) posted that he thought that would also delete all my posts. I had to petition to have my account unbanned.

As for what he does for Tulip you will have to ask him. I don't personally think he markets for them though.

EDIT:Let me also be VERY clear here on one thing. I have never said I think Norman is trying to SCAM anyone. I don't think that at all. Abdulisback is the one that jumped to that.

Let's just say that it is a very bad business practice and a conflict of interest. Call that whatever you want.

I purchased ForexGrowthbot twice and cancelled twice (because I could not match their trades). ForexGrowthbot team refunded me twice immediately, no questions asked, no changing "refund request" to "Tech Support". It was simply a pleasure to do business with them. That is the business model thatTulip should follow.

No, I meant that if Norman was a scammer he would have had banned you because of posting today

Norman is a good guy, we all know that

Edited by swordfish

Unfortunately, like the old saying goes: "You reap what you sow". Call it karma or what you will - if you treat customers poorly and act inappropriately on forums, sneaking about and planting spies everywhere who give all praise to Kangaroo while ridiculing and criticizing everybody else's efforts, it will fall back on you someday. That was part of FapTurbo's downfall. They became too commercialized. It was all about sales and not about customer service anymore. The customer should always be first.

i can confirm , Norman is the author of tulipfx and Abdulisback is too, or possibly Norman 's second username here( mod can help me confirm this) . Now you guys realized , scammer are everywhere ? Sorry for people who has lost their moneyon this bullshit ea, and get ripped by these guy. Edited by r30008