KangarooEA

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had several account blow ups in my time. You start again. It's no use getting upset as it serves no-purpose apart from letting off some steam. Kangaroo EA hasn't traded on Donna Forex's real account for two weeks and I think it's best week was a "whopping" 64 pips. What do you think she's really thinking?

An EA is supposed to make money... full stop. If it doesn't then you're better off selling potatoes or mangoes at your local market. It's true that not many people are having success with "Expert Advisors" but to have an EA that's costing to run and not making trades isn't great either especially when you can see that AUDUSD has had a lot of movement in the last few weeks. It really should have traded. Cancel your subscription if you're not happy with it and "start fresh".

Tomorrow's a new day... do you like that? :)

Hmmm, I see two trades on AUDUSD for last week and she's not running Kangaroo on EURUSD.

http://www.mt4i.com/users/donnaforexlive

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

Tomi, yep I agree. Different strokes for different folks.

Indo Run has shown to blow accounts if not managed properly, but if you succeeded in doing so, that's good news.

I run numerous EAs at the same time, call it EA Portfolio... :) So when one is losing, the others might be winning and vice versa. This has shown to reduce overall losses and works for me. I think it's a bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket, spreading risk is one of the tricks I use to be profitable.

Thanks for the kudos...much appreciated!

"Overpriced" is a relative term. Relative to the size of the account. Looking at their small live account

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX/kangarooea-small-live-c/68427

it's averaged approximately 7.5% per month for the first 4 months of 2011 looking at it in rough terms.

That's an average of $750 per month on a $10,000 account. Not even including compounding the monthly profit month to month. So for the four months, that would have been a profit of $3,000 (again, excluding figuring compounding month to month). 750 x 4

The bot cost about $211 upfront plus approximately $45 per month for the subscription (1st month subscription included in the $211 upfront cost). Total cost to run it for four months: $346 (211+(45x3))

Total net profit: $2,644 ($3,000 - $346)

You would have made $2,644 after paying expenses of $346.

Overpriced?

Let's go ahead and do the compounding though. I've got nothing better to do.

Their myfxbook page on the small live account shows the following monthly percentages gained each of the first 4 months of 2011: 6.11, 6.95, 12.38, and 4.75 currently for April.

We'll leave the profits in the account starting with $10,000.

Compounding the profits, at the above monthly increases, the profit month to month would have been: 611.00, 737.46, 1404.94, and 605.79

For a total profit of 3359.19

Still only paid the $211 upfront and 45 x 3 months subscription (346).

So the account at this point would have been worth $13,013.19 ((10,000+3359.19)-346)

Leaving the money in the account and compounding it month to month makes quite a difference!

Total net profit on the original $10,000: 3,013.79

In other words, for about $45 a month, the bot, thus far in 2011, has generated an average of $753 a month on the original $10,000.

Ask the bank to give you that on your $10,000 deposit with them :-)

Well, the only thing that matters: what KangarooEA is telling?

It told me "profit" for the last 5 months (on live account). This is what counts really. Everything else (even backtests, too) are just theory, blahblah and hot air.

Yeah, if you're not prepared for using this EA correctly, it will say "poo" instead of "profit". It's not for the average "little guys" with $100-$200 accounts, it's not for the smartasses who are throwing the manual into the corner after packing the stuff out, it's not for the notorious refund abusers, it's not for the "make me rich overnight" dreamers/beginners. If you're one of these, then you have a chance to hear "poo" instead of "profit". :)

The bot can achieve a comfy 10% per month with medium risk setting (5), at least it does for me, with very little DD. True, the news filter kills some potential trades, but if you want to ride news, you better do it manually... the EA delivers, stop posting BS people... oh yes, you need to have a medium sized account, 5k+. This is a good EA period.

For me KangarooEA made 145.2 (AUD) + 331.5 (EUR) = 476.7 pips on an AlpariUK Micro live account (with every settings on default, for example Risk = 5). So, I don't really know what Donna is doing.

Btw. who told that people must use this and ONLY this EA alone? No, this EA must be a PART of a portfolio. It seems it is delivering the promised profits. I want more broken records like this! :)

Peace

If someone is saying that this EA is not worth it then please post one different EA of your choice here "just post the name" of what you think is "worth it"!

That will tell us how really experienced you are and will allow us to laugh at you! :)

I think this EA is number one and the growthbot comes second

just use indo run. happyforex = indorun copy. its interesting with indo run the difference between 90% data and birt's tick data. 90% data on the pound has that huge hole in it (which shows up on the happyforex website's backtest boosting its results by a fifth. On the 90% data, drawdown is at 62% (ie 620$ on a $1000 starting balance). i tried to find a set file for months on tick data that didn't crash the whole account. without luck.

if you pick your days, and know when to cut your losses, indorun/happy forex will be pretty good. but dont leave it just to run itself - itll cost you your account. not today, not even next month - but at some point.

"It is inconceivable that anyone will divulge a truly effective get-rich scheme for the price of a book."

Victor Niederhoffer (1943–), US hedge fund manager and statistician

if you pick your days, and know when to cut your losses, indorun/happy forex will be pretty good. but dont leave it just to run itself - itll cost you your account. not today, not even next month - but at some point.

Give me a break Stormin, that "pick your days" statement means that all the fu**ed up EAs out there can be considered as winners!

just use indo run. happyforex = indorun copy. its interesting with indo run the difference between 90% data and birt's tick data. 90% data on the pound has that huge hole in it (which shows up on the happyforex website's backtest boosting its results by a fifth. On the 90% data, drawdown is at 62% (ie 620$ on a $1000 starting balance). i tried to find a set file for months on tick data that didn't crash the whole account. without luck.

Norman, can you suggest some settings for the Indorun? I indeed let it run without a proper SL (my bad) and it nearly caused to crash my account (DD about 800 pips or more), luckily on 0.01 lots mini account. This type of grid EAs can cause thermonuclear disaster if not managed properly!

Anyway, back to the settings: I tried switching all the filters on (CCI, Momentum, RSI, MA and Envelopes) but in this config., it then takes no trades at all. OTOH, backtesting is a real pain in the ... as one backtest can take a couple of days. Any chance to put it in a "safe" mode, i.e. bigger trends being filtered etc.? I know this is Kangaroo thread but Indo Run topic is locked...

It is clear that many postings about the Kangaroo EA are made by pure frustration.

Let me give some of you a little bit of information:

1) It is clear that this EA is making profit. A good barometer is to go to myfxbook and search on a particular EA. In this case "kangaroo" and click on the tab "systems". There are 30 kangaroo systems as I write this and ALL of them are in green or in profit. That is very unusual. Do the same for "blessing" and you will see a lot of red numbers. Or any other EA that you know (most of them will show red numbers-- so a good barometer).

2) Some of you find the monthly subscription is costing to much ?...Place 10K$ in your account and deduct the montly subscription from the profits you make and you will realize that the subcription is just a drip in the ocean. For those who say that they only have 500$ to trade from is like saying that they want to go to eat in a 3* star restaurant but only want to spend the same amount of money as they would in a Mc Donalds! Come on lets stay serious....!

3) The guy who made this EA is a member here on this forum and has helped to educate some of the EA's that can be found here on this forum. So he is sitting on the first row how to protect his EA. He did even not bother to ask the admins of this forum to place his EA on the blacklist. On the contrary asking for a blacklist is finshed with that topic and finshed with the FREE publicity (An EA can be placed on the blacklist by the author of an EA by sending a simple PM or mail to one of the admins).

And he also knows that his EA can not be cracked (lets face it, educating is a nice word here on this forum for cracking. Like a thief would say I don't steal but I only borrow for a long period of time....

Recap: Buy the EA and you have a serious chance to make profits. if you don't have the money then realize that there are still many other EA's to make profts from or invest in a playstation or Xbox360 and you will have also some fun.

Friendly regards...iGoR

Edited by FXiGoR

Guest Jayman007
It is clear that many postings about the Kangaroo EA are made by pure frustration.

Let me give some of you a little bit of information:

1) It is clear that this EA is making profit. A good barometer is to go to myfxbook and search on a particular EA. In this case "kangaroo" and click on the tab "systems". There are 30 kangaroo systems as I write this and ALL of them are in green or in profit. That is very unusual. Do the same for "blessing" and you will see a lot of red numbers. Or any other EA that you know (most of them will show red numbers-- so a good barometer).

Friendly regards...iGoR

Well.. guess we can't say the same this week. Looks like 4 of the Tulipfx official accounts are now in the RED. Does this mean they will be getting refunds? Or is this due to metaquotes updating MT4 too many times lately?

Edited by Jayman007

I can see that a sharp turn down in theit chart which wipe off the earlier profit. Any reason?

Well, by default, they are opening maximum of 6 orders for AUDUSD and all 6 bite the dust at the same time. I also loss more than half of the profit accumulated over the past three months. sob sob sob....

I can see that a sharp turn down in theit chart which wipe off the earlier profit. Any reason?

In a nutshell, 2 EURUSD trades were open and a flagged news item came up, so Kangaroo was not able to filter them in advance (upcoming news with 2 opened trades). Now this is a very rare circumstance, but it can happen... the developers are working on a new version which will close open orders even in slight negative when a news is coming.

I want to say that not all profit was wiped out, their main account is still very much upwards

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/TulipFX/kangarooea/56195

I lost about 10% of balance, I'm working manually to reduce losses, a good 2% recovered since. That's forex folks! :)