Indo Run (First post will be updated with new versions/setfiles/etc.)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I had this bot in action live and it started so great, 500$ while I was sleeping. Then, when I was to work, a drawdown of 2500$. I intervened when I came home, because the robot did not stop ordering, even when coming down to 127% free margin. 120% would have been a margin call with my broker! I closed down the robot (put in diasableTrading flag) and closed the orders (27), one by one when they came to profit, to reduce my overall risk exposure. These 2 days were not so nice. After all, it was no loss, but it would have been if I had it running. Newsfilter was on. You have to know, that the robot adds trades to the basket even if news, if there is already a basket open. Maybe some guru could build in a good momentum/volatility indicator combination to filter these trades and start again when the combination decreases.

It is a grid system with martingale option. Or you could say it is a "I am always right, no matter what reality is like" system. Most of the time it works well, until.. opinion is far beyond reality.

On this robot, Moneymangement/Risk Management ist very important. Steady observation of the GBPUSD situation is also needed. Nothing for just letting it run. Its an extremely profitable tool if managed right.

Hi Expat

Testing Indo Run on IBFX with ****ma.set on e/u, g/u, u/ch, e/ch and e/gb. No news on, no filter for the moment = slowly to understand how it works.

Running nice last week but since this morning no trade on

In the status right text Indo says Trading status : Not trading on all charts.

Trading24h : true

Hours from : 0

Hours to : 24

Is it a/ my pc, b/ ea Indo c/ my broker.... ???

Thanks helps

Bert

PS ea is Indo Run 1.4o

BTW what is/are differences between 1.4o and 1.4n ?

Edited by bibi505
corrections

Hi Expat

Testing Indo Run on IBFX with ****ma.set on e/u, g/u, u/ch, e/ch and e/gb. No news on, no filter for the moment = slowly to understand how it works.

Running nice last week but since this morning no trade on

In the status right text Indo says Trading status : Not trading on all charts.

Trading24h : true

Hours from : 0

Hours to : 24

Is it a/ my pc, b/ ea Indo c/ my broker.... ???

Thanks helps

Bert

PS ea is Indo Run 1.4o

BTW what is/are differences between 1.4o and 1.4n ?

Hi,

Check if Monday trading is set to false. Else try to reset the settings and start to apply your settings from that point onwards.

You can check the second post on the version changes.

Cheers

Hi,

Just a thought, if I'm not mistaken the news filter disables new trades during scheduled news but trades already opened are left open. Why not automatically hedge the open lots during news? Of course, hedge must be possible by broker. We lose spread but the risk is more manageable this way. What do you think?

Hi guys

Can someone please give me advice. I get the following alert message popping up on screen about every 10 seconds "Indo Run: Trade context is busy/ No trades allowed." Maybe I'm stupid but I could'nt find a setting to disable it as the EA is trading fine ( except for the DD since this morning). With the sound on this will drive me mad. Thanks in advance guys.

Hi Expat thanks for all your hard work and tenacity in answering questions. You have a parameter that lets you decided whether you want to trade the first day of the month. Pardon my ignorance but what's the deal with the first day of the month? Is it more risky? :-/

Also I've tried profit all order "12" and dynamic profit "true" with a step of 3.0. Takes more profit when it can. I've seen it take up to more than double on visual back-testing (30+pips). And for those of you who abhor draw down give EURCHF or similar a go. Any currency without GBP or USD in it's name is usually going to go easier on you unless it's yen.

I've had a go with Indo Run on live account and have set it to use 0.01 lots. Came back to computer and noticed trade closed for $5.82. Weird I thought since it's supposed to close at around $1.50. Not complaining though. If you're using dynamic profit step must be adjusted to lot size type. Step 1.0 for mini lots. Step 0.1 for micro lots etc.

Edited by tomislav

Expat, I posted earlier about a hedging function. I do not have the appetite to run this EA anymore due to the drawdown. I am going to look into adding hedging code to help fix this problem. I will keep you notified.

Hey Haynese, I am trying with hedging already, but does not appaer to help much as trades just linger around way longer than in the standard. This EA must close trades as much as possible and there are better ways to catch this DD. Just a matter of time till we have got this clean.

Cheers

hello guys,

i'm trading indo run in the second week now, and i had no problems with big drawdown...

The EAs with the magic-number 1001, 1002 and 1003 is indorun with different settings. The 1.0-lot trades were from DCT scalper, i forgot to set the lotsize down to 0.1.

My indorun settings:

#1001: conservative + newsfilter on H1

#1002: conservative + newfilter on M15

#1003: conservative: switched off because i think without newsfilter i makes no sense

Best regards,

Znake

hello guys,

i'm trading indo run in the second week now, and i had no problems with big drawdown...

The EAs with the magic-number 1001, 1002 and 1003 is indorun with different settings. The 1.0-lot trades were from DCT scalper, i forgot to set the lotsize down to 0.1.

My indorun settings:

#1001: conservative + newsfilter on H1

#1002: conservative + newfilter on M15

#1003: conservative: switched off because i think without newsfilter i makes no sense

Best regards,

Znake

Ya, I run 7 Instances with Indo Run now. Only newsfilter is switched on all others is off.

However, the newsfilter cant catch everything. E.g. last week Friday I did notice problems over the Bernanke Speeches which was not properly filtered. Thats a Forex Factory Issue appearingly and looking into alternatives like DailFX and TSD. Further holidays are not catched as well outside news like the Irish Euro Bailout which is pressing on the European pairs. Thus, I was not trading it live so far this week.

Cheers

It is the hanging trades that are the killer. Hedging may not be the answer. My question though is...why when a strong trend is happening, does indo stop opening trades in the direction of the trend. If you allow indo to continue opening trades in both directions this will have no DD. I think you would have allow multiple baskets to be opened in both directions at the same time instead of one basket at a time.

DD 4.7% on USDCAD with "tweaked" expat conservative set. I couldn't get a lengthier back-test but the point is here. I hate DD too and it is possible to avoid. Play with filters (try MA method linear weighted) and reduce price offset setting from Expats conservative set to get more trades opening. Play with dynamic profit. Try some visual back-testing. Straight 0.1 lots.

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//img80.imageshack.us/img80/2779/strategytester.gif[/img]

Edited by tomislav

@expat: Yes you are right. The newfilter is good, but not good enough. What we need is to find a good combination of the other filters like MA, momentum etc. or to add a other filter, we must play with filters, like tomislav said.

May i have a idea to make the EA better, i will think about it and post my idea the next days.

Edited by Znake

Expat, is there some documentation available? What are the system principles? What are the baskets? How does it open trades? I would like to test it but it is difficult without understanding what the system actually does.

The strategy is rather simple, while trading the "Cable". Place two Pending Orders in a certain distance from the current price. Upper PO is sell, lower PO is buy...Then one pending order gets triggered opens a new one in the same direction. Upper PO is sell, lower PO is buy...From that point all orders triggered are referred as basket. If you run multiple basket mode you will get max 3 starting points for a basket as prior mentioned in sequence. Try a backtest in visual mode...

Cheers

@expat: Yes you are right. The newfilter is good, but not good enough. What we need is to find a good combination of the other filters like MA, momentum etc. or to add a other filter, we must play with filters, like tomislav said.

May i have a idea to make the EA better, i will think about it and post my idea the next days.

I was heading this direction for quite long. Setting filters left and right and when you think on whole is closed an other opens. Its the cable itself causing that. E.g. it matters when you start the EA trading on a identical setup. One might catch a drwadown the other might not either due to open/closed baskets... Thus, I put it aside to let it settle for a while. Instead I am focusing more on the exit something like a trailing strategy to give a dd a quicker chance for closing and coding some harder trading rules. However, I do trade the EA pretty open currently only with newsfilter and leaving some days of trading out where i guess it can get tight. E.g. I do not trade some EA's over FOMC Statement/Release...It goes even better over some bumps where the filtered demo struggles... Again, its a matter of entry point and exit. We will catch this thing soon.

Cheers

Here my idea how to make Indo Run better. I read this method in a book:

Use the Envelope indicator on a higher timeframe, may H1. If the price is between the two lines, indo trades are allowed. If the price breaks out of the channel, often a new trend is coming and there the trades must be stopped or not allowed. This method doesn't fit on every situation, but it may help to reduce DD or to filter trades against the trend.

The strategy is rather simple, while trading the "Cable". Place two Pending Orders in a certain distance from the current price. Upper PO is sell, lower PO is buy...Then one pending order gets triggered opens a new one in the same direction. Upper PO is sell, lower PO is buy...From that point all orders triggered are referred as basket. If you run multiple basket mode you will get max 3 starting points for a basket as prior mentioned in sequence. Try a backtest in visual mode...

Cheers

Thank you Expat. It is getting more clear now. I am sorry for many question that will follow, but I am really interested in this great system.

1. How do you create the initial limit orders pair? Immediately after you run the EA or there is some random delay?

2. When I started the back test, pair of limit orders was created and then deleted after few bars. Why it was deleted?

3. Is it always fixed distance between limit orders? Can it be made variable (placing each new order further, progressively increasing distance between orders)?

4. Most important - how the close function calculate when to close all orders in the basket?

5. What is magic number and what it does?

6. What is ATR filter and zones?

7. What is "profit target in ACC currency"?

8. How do I protect myself from the situation when the trend is going up constantly without retrenchments? Only buy huge deposit or by maximum DD limit?

I hope it's ok I asked so many questions.

Thanks,

hammer083

Here my idea how to make Indo Run better. I read this method in a book:

Use the Envelope indicator on a higher timeframe, may H1. If the price is between the two lines, indo trades are allowed. If the price breaks out of the channel, often a new trend is coming and there the trades must be stopped or not allowed. This method doesn't fit on every situation, but it may help to reduce DD or to filter trades against the trend.

Yeap, good idea. Lets see what it does.

Cheers