Indo Run (First post will be updated with new versions/setfiles/etc.)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forward Test 1st November onwards, Multi Basket/ATR/24hr

Still a bit to bumpy though and 5k balance is pretty tight.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5807/indorunmultibasket.gif

Gross Profit: 1 678.74 Gross Loss: 726.80 Total Net Profit: 951.94

Profit Factor: 2.31 Expected Payoff: 9.71

Absolute Drawdown: 0.00 Maximal Drawdown: 170.60 (2.88%) Relative Drawdown: 2.88% (170.60)

Total Trades: 98 Short Positions (won %): 27 (74.07%) Long Positions (won %): 71 (61.97%)

Profit Trades (% of total): 64 (65.31%) Loss trades (% of total): 34 (34.69%)

Largest profit trade: 141.48 loss trade: -85.80

Average profit trade: 26.23 loss trade: -21.38

Maximum consecutive wins ($): 6 (123.80) consecutive losses ($): 5 (-170.60)

Maximal consecutive profit (count): 412.60 (5) consecutive loss (count): -170.60 (5)

Average consecutive wins: 3 consecutive losses: 2

You can share set. Thanks

Forward Test 1st November onwards, Multi Basket/ATR/24hr

Still a bit to bumpy though and 5k balance is pretty tight.

Gross Profit: 1 678.74 Gross Loss: 726.80 Total Net Profit: 951.94

Profit Factor: 2.31 Expected Payoff: 9.71

Absolute Drawdown: 0.00 Maximal Drawdown: 170.60 (2.88%) Relative Drawdown: 2.88% (170.60)

Total Trades: 98 Short Positions (won %): 27 (74.07%) Long Positions (won %): 71 (61.97%)

Profit Trades (% of total): 64 (65.31%) Loss trades (% of total): 34 (34.69%)

Largest profit trade: 141.48 loss trade: -85.80

Average profit trade: 26.23 loss trade: -21.38

Maximum consecutive wins ($): 6 (123.80) consecutive losses ($): 5 (-170.60)

Maximal consecutive profit (count): 412.60 (5) consecutive loss (count): -170.60 (5)

Average consecutive wins: 3 consecutive losses: 2

Hi Expat,

Can I suggest adding the code in the EA to get it log all account's parameters - it is for backtesting. In forward test it may be in different EA. Becoz we all know there is hidden DD - if there is a time span w/o orders....

Edited by musketeer

I am working on the trade context issue.

"Trade context busy" pops up for me, too, but it seems genuine in my case.

I am running another EA alongside Indo Run. Every time the "trade context busy" message has popped up, the other EA was modifying a stop loss for one of its open trades.

So maybe this is due to the single thread design of MT4 and not to a problem in Indo Run.

Try this to eliminate the Trade Context Busy error. Before every Order operation insert this line:

while (!IsTradeAllowed()) Sleep(500);

This causes the EA to ask if the trade server is accepting orders. If not, it keeps asking every 0.5 seconds. If it is then it proceeds to execute the order.

Works like a charm.

Thanks guys for your support on the trade context matter. My concern was that with the IsTradeAllowed function the EA can check the status of the trade context only but it does not solve the issue itself. Appearingly, giving the EA a break/sleep and taking some load of the order process releases the busy context. Thus hitscape's solution might do that just fine.

However, lets set it on the safer side and you might run the EA on a dedicated MT4 instance.

Cheers

Thanks guys for your support on the trade context matter.

OK, I see the problem. Unless DoubleBasket or TripleBasket is True, IsTradeAllowed() is executed every tick: Start() --> OnEveryTick24() --> Sequence() --> TradeContext(). If another EA is trading, a Trade Context Busy condition is inevitable.

IsTradeAllowed() should only be run just before an order is sent to the server and not as a matter of routine checking.

So the immediate workaround for this problem is to set ApplyTradeContext to False.

Edited by BobR

OK, I see the problem. Unless DoubleBasket or TripleBasket is True, IsTradeAllowed() is executed every tick: Start() --> OnEveryTick24() --> Sequence() --> TradeContext(). If another EA is trading, a Trade Context Busy condition is inevitable.

IsTradeAllowed() should only be run just before an order is sent to the server and not as a matter of routine checking.

So the immediate workaround for this problem is to set ApplyTradeContext to False.

I have set the TradeContext in 1.4n only to Alert if there is any issue, thus it didnt matter really where to attach. I am adding it now to the order functions with a timeout, will load up in a short while.

Cheers

Hope that will resolve the trade context issue.

Adding "while (!IsTradeAllowed()) Sleep(100);" prior to OrderSend() improves your code, but will do nothing to stop the "Trading Context Busy" popups.

Really, you need to comment out the entire TradeContext() function and the call to it in Sequence(). While you're at it, you might as well comment out the ApplyTradeContext and TradeContextEmail variables as they will no longer be used.

Edited by BobR

Adding "while (!IsTradeAllowed()) Sleep(100);" prior to OrderSend() improves your code, but will do nothing to stop the "Trading Context Busy" popups.

Really, you need to comment out the entire TradeContext() function and the call to it in Sequence(). While you're at it, you might as well comment out the ApplyTradeContext and TradeContextEmail variables as they will no longer be used.

Hi Bob,

You can disable the Trade Context Popups while setting extern bool ApplyTradeContext=true; //Activates TradeContext is busy Alert in the menu to false. No need to comment out. I know plenty of triggers in this EA...

Cheers

You can disable the Trade Context Popups [by] setting ...

ApplyTradeContext=true

I vaguely remember someone mentioning that in an earlier post.

This whole alert is pointless. If you have more than one EA running in MT4, trade context busy is liable to occur and the code needs to handle it. Manual intervention will not prevent or alter it so there is no reason to issue an alert much less an email.

I vaguely remember someone mentioning that in an earlier post.

This whole alert is pointless. If you have more than one EA running in MT4, trade context busy is liable to occur and the code needs to handle it. Manual intervention will not prevent or alter it so there is no reason to issue an alert much less an email.

Ok, got your point now and you are right. Will take it out next version.

Cheers

Is this the complaints department? Joke. Just would like to say what a great EA. Just running it on ATR (and experimenting with ATR tweaks). Tried running ATR filter with Momentum filter and ATR filter with RSI filter and it hardly (actually like nada) trades. This is normal because too many filters just strangle performance on any EA. My impression is that you use the filter (only one) of your choice unless Expat has any further words of advice :-/ Edited by tomislav

Awesome. A question I would like to ask and hopefully someone can answer. Which indicator within Indo 1.4 is most likely or at least has a chance to protect your account during sudden, unannounced "ambush" price movements like the one that happened Tuesday the 9th November? I can't think of a more important question... can you? Any insights would be great. Edited by tomislav

Looking at the optimization...

While combining filters you might need to open up the filters individually, else the combined setting will be to strong, The chanllenge is to find the right ballance accordingly. E.g. MACurrentUp = 0.00025 set to 0.0005

Per my experience with these, you might be able to close gaps but open up new since the trades will be placed at different levels... Again, a matter of finding the right balance.

Best results so far, I have achieved with lower profit targets. E.g. Use ATRProfit which takes a specifically set profit while the filters kicks in. Now I am trying with Dynamic Profit where the Profit Target can be set in generally lower, then it will trail up further. Lower profits enables the EA to close a trade quicker, reduces DD, result in more trades and overall profits might just balance out in the end. Try with extrem lower settings then ramp up step by step.

You might want to focus as well on days/times not to trade. The sessions has been tried various ways already... I have been trying mainly the 24h approach blocking out some critical days e.g. Sundays/Mondays while the Market opens and effects from news of the prior Friday plus weekend may just kick in... End of the Month or first of a month are such candidates as well.

Below some samples.

Your ideas?

Cheers

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6781/indorun1410k3basket.gif

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6933/indorun14ma10k3basket.gif

Awesome. A question I would like to ask and hopefully someone can answer. Which indicator within Indo 1.4 is most likely or at least has a chance to protect your account during sudden, unannounced "ambush" price movements like the one that happened Tuesday the 9th November? I can't think of a more important question... can you? Any insights would be great.

I think, there is still lots of room for improvement on the filters in general. We need to look further into the filter rules e.g. 2 step/3 step to advance our options here.

Cheers

Thanks Expat... the right balance is what we need. To get this and allow some independent testing it would be nice to have instructions on each filter parameter.

E.g. MACurrentUp = 0.00025 set to 0.0005

What does this setting mean? To me it looks like you're increasing something not decreasing. A succinct overview of the filter parameters would be helpful..

Nothing complicated just like for eg. MACurrentUp = 0.00025 set to 0.0005 (what do these digits refer to? Not your normal MA indicator).

Edited by tomislav